[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Don't you think Greninja can go in OU if it doesn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: gekkouga.jpg (11 KB, 152x149) Image search: [Google]
gekkouga.jpg
11 KB, 152x149
Greninja without life orb = OU
Greninja with life orb = Uber
or if it's not enough, an item.

Greninja with Torrent = UU
>>
The idea in and of itself isn't so bad, but if shit like that's allowed,you'll end up allowing a level 80 Grassceus holding a flame orb without trick in OU, because then it's fair.
>>
Smogon doesn't do bans that complex for precisely this >>27012479 reason.

On the other hand, Politoed without Drizzle is allowed in PU apparently, what's that about? Smogon has been weird this Gen.
>>
File: bayleefu.jpg (11 KB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
bayleefu.jpg
11 KB, 245x245
>>27012479
Well yes, but they really should give more diversity in tiers with banned moveset/items.
It would be a revolution!!
>>27012499
Indeed, but is that really a problem?
They already ban items and moves on pokemons ( for example : mega stone on gengar or sword dance on speed boost scolipede).
It's time for changing the metagame.

We have so much possibility, but actually so much restrictions...

Smogon is too lazy!
>>
>>27011864
More like Greninja without Gunk Shot is OU.

XY Greninja was fine because bulky fairies generally checked/countered it, then they decided to give it fucking Gunk Shot and everything went to shit.
>>
>>27011864
Who cares about Smegma?
>>
>>27013092
Smogon really really REALLY hates complex bans for some reason.
>>
I hate that I have to go into ubers to use meme frog.
>>
>>27013238
>I am forced to play smogonbaby rules
What's it like being cucked?
>>
>>27013161
The reason is because a format needs to be apparent. We have a banlist including mons and items and some clauses. Easy to learn. Now when you need to learn the special conditions to use a mon in OU or lower for every mon that's banned it becomes like a confusing mess, you might as well relearn all the Pokemons stats, movepool and abilities
>>
File: blackyurem.jpg (138 KB, 663x765) Image search: [Google]
blackyurem.jpg
138 KB, 663x765
>>27013161
>>27013293
So...lazy smogon?
They don't like complexity and the diversity in strategy?
>>
>>27013393
You didn't even read this did you >>27013293

Still better than vgc
>>
>>27013429
I have?
"apparent" "easy to learn", I can't take these reason, especially when we talk about strategy, it doesn't have to be so apparent and easy to learn.
What I see is that they are lazy...

It's time to evolve.
>>
>>27013557
>"apparent" "easy to learn", I can't take these reason, especially when we talk about strategy,
That's prove that you havent. You have just read those words and made assumptions. The game can be as deep as it is, smogon doesn't care. Smogon cares about the FUNDAMENTAL RULES being apparent. And that's why complex bans are suboptimal in their eyes. It's not that hard to understand honestly.
>>
>>27013161
That's because Smogon is shitting their pants at the very idea that Greninja is not as broken as they think. So they pretend to oppose complex bans because they don't want to be proven wrong. Their brittle egos couldn't handle being exposed for being objectively incorrect.
>>
>>27013715
I understand.
Their vision.
Still, that don't change my thought about that.

They never make polls about complex bans?
>>
>>27013161
>Smogon really really REALLY hates complex bans for some reason.
Yet instead of banning rain in gen 5 they banned swift swim + rain, manaphy, thunderus, tornadus-t, and were just about to ban keldeo.

They're just a bunch of ban happy hypocrites.
>>
>>27014992
>>27013161
And lets not forget the current gens stance on baton pass where only a pokemon or two can have but only if they dont have a boosting move or some shit
>>
>>27012499
Weather abilities are locked to certain tiers IIRC
>>
>>27013147
Pedophiles.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.