[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Another competition coming up with the "classic" t
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
Another competition coming up with the "classic" theme, this time Sinnoh

https://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/information/ee0f8f10-634d-446d-836c-8a44765cc74f

>standard doubles
>only #1-493 allowed
>standard banlist + Tyranitar, Dragonite, Heatran (they banned these in 2008, apparently)
>no megas
>prize for entering is Cynthia's Garchomp

I never played doubles before gen 6, so this is gonna be interesting for me
>>
>>26882563
>no ttar, dnite, or heatran
Anyone know the history on this?

>cynthia's garchomp
Does that mean perfect IVs guaranteed? I wonder.
>>
>>26882571
>Does that mean perfect IVs guaranteed? I wonder.

Most likely not.
>>
>>26882598
Cynthia's Garchomp has perfect IVs in game though.
>>
>>26882563
>gen iv meta
yeee-
>doubles
dropped
>>
>>26882633

We're also talking about Something handled by Gamefreak.
>>
>>26882563
So unova classic should be around the time sm comes out
>>
>>26882563
someone give me a good team to use please so i can start making it
>>
>>26882640
>2016
>still being a singles-only pleb
It doesn't take long to learn
>>
>>26882563
>Sinnoh
>Classic
>>
>>26882778
i don't want to learn
>>
>>26882845
just do a few battles and get the garchomp then
>>
>>26882872
no i don't want to learn as in "i absolutely don't give a shit about doubles"
>>
>>26882916
wtf you're gay. doubles is better than endless switching and stalling in singles.
>>
>>26882958
ur gay
>>
>>26882976
hey that hurt :(
>>
>>26882648
Giving Cynthia's Garchomp perfect IVs in the game was also handled by Game Freak.
>>
>>26882986
i think i might have the perfect ivs. it would still be a substandard garchomp because of the ability. it's simple enough to make a 5 iv perfect one yourself so why not just give it away as the one she used in game
>>
>>26882845
>>26882916
What's it like being a little bitch who's scared to try new things?

I used to think the same way and now I can't imagine only playing singles
>>
>>26882571
They didn't do level scaling back in 2008 so they were strict on everything being level 50 or less. Dragonite and Tyranitar couldn't compete because they evolve too late and Heatran was only available at level 70.
>>
>>26883044
Cool beans
>>
Showdown already put up a ladder, sick
>>
File: 279471.jpg (35 KB, 387x550) Image search: [Google]
279471.jpg
35 KB, 387x550
this is the only champion's garchomp i'll ever want
>>
how do I doubles
>>
>>26883541
Put Protect on everything
>>
>>26883541
you use 2 pokemon at the same time

preview a team of six pokemon, choose 4 to use in battle

this is a format to use moves that hit multiple pokemon simultaneously like earthquake (warning that'll hit your partner pokemon at the same time), rock slide, heat wave, surf, etc.

give most if not all of your pokemon protect since it's very handy in this format
>>
>>26883044
Gotcha. Makes perfect sense. legalize pomeg glitch
>>
>>26882563
Going to be using serebii's potw as a reference for strategies. apparently he still has the gen 4 one

http://serebii.net/potw-dp/

>>prize for entering is Cynthia's Garchomp
Im still going to join, but these prizes still need to be a little more enticing. Like a shiny with its hidden ability. dont really give a damn about iv's...maybe a little bit.
>>
File: DriflimIsCuriousNow.png (30 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
DriflimIsCuriousNow.png
30 KB, 500x500
Thinking of either a Trick-Room + Power Trick Shuckle team or a Skill-Swap Slaking team... Any hints or experiences using these teams?
>>
>>26883664
They're all singles sets, and I don't think serebii potw has ever been good
>>
>>26883742
Not being able to mega-off slaking's ability is going to slow you down a bit, but my favorite double set is Anything with Trace (Gardevoire for special bulk, Alakazam for speed) is fun.
Venomoth for wonder skin, Keckleon for Protean (huehuehue), Xatu for Magic Bounce, it depends what you need Slaking to do besides wreck shop.
SHort answer? It's hella fun, but have a back-up plan.
>>
>>26885255
trace is random in doubles so that's a bad choice. you may as well run a togetic with metronome while you're at it
>>
>>26885452
It's random, but it's almost always disruptive. Especially in that rare occasion you can grab someone's Huge Power or intimidate.
But I'm a Discordian by nature, and metronome's unreliability is fine with me. (More fun on Clefairy though)
>>
>>26885255
Running Slaking with protean from Kekleon can run a very novel set. With Slaking's overthetop power, you can run Shadow Claw to avoid the inevitable Focus Blast, and Aerial Ace to dodge incoming Earthquakes.
I personally like to run Skillswap Slaking as a back-up plan in doubles, because his come-from-behind Normal-gem boosted Retaliation oneshots all but the most dedicated tanks.
>>
>>26885740
>Slaking + Kecleon (Protean)

You just made me realize w hat an incredible combination this is... Thank you.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to get a HA Kecleon
>>
I have like 82 Willpower or something. How much does the trait boost coupon in the heroes shop give? I might buy a bunch of those for Willpower or Charm or Empathy or somthing
>>
>>26885863
The one in the space centre in ORAS postgame is hidden ability by default, so it's the easiest way to get it.
>>
>>26886314
Actually the easiest way would be to just inject it.
>>
>>26882563
>Cynthia's Garchomp
actual one with perfect IVs and a hacked nature that raises both speed and attack with no downside?
Or just one with its moveset.
>>
>The majority of the nubs here can't into doubles or vgc

My body is ready
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.