[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pokemon Knock-Off. Any interest?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: lwu7OAF.jpg (82 KB, 720x859) Image search: [Google]
lwu7OAF.jpg
82 KB, 720x859
With Stardew Valley breaking the HM mold, people are sort of buzzing about someone doing the same for pokemon, so it's not the same game again and again.

What do you guys think? What could be done better?

I would amp up the difficulty, turning the elite into an Elite 10, make becoming a champion really difficult. I'd also include a decent plot.

Call it Mutant Hunters. All the monsters you catch are actually mutated animals, and that's why the general public of the game world sees no problem with battling them, cause they are freakshows.
The Team Rocket organization is basically PETA, and they don't hypocritically use pokemon to fight you. They have guns and when you encounter them, they are trying to kill your pokemon because they think fighting is torture. Hell, even make it so you could join them.

What do y'all think?
>>
>>26773003
that is the stupidiest idea i have ever heard
>>
The difference between Stardew Valley and your idea is that Stardew Valley is a good game that people actually enjoy
>>
>>26773003
>what is yokai watch
>what is spectrobes
>what is dragon quest monsters
>what is monster rancher
>what is digimon

They've tried and failed, OP. Pokemon is the best the monster collecting game is going to get. Get used to it.
>>
>>26773003
>DROWN'D
chill breh
>>
>>26773003
>Pokemon Clover
no thanks
>>
>>26773123
Ni No Kuni was a really good game and Japan really liked Digimon World Re:Digitize Decode.
>>
>>26773311
I'm not saying there aren't good attempts. I've played and to some extent enjoyed every game I listed, but they're not Pokemon. They just can't compare.
>>
>>26773003
Not big on your idea, but the main things I think Pokemon needs would be:

>Better challenge
>Competent villains
>More player choice
>Better RPG elements
>Bigger regions with content depth
>A more lively and vivid world
>A strong plotline that drives the game, and a reason for the character to have any involvement in said plot

Pokemon as it stands survives on casuals and its brand recognition and history. There is not an especially whole lot that even justifies buying the new games, especially when shit like showdown exists to substitute the competitive meta aspects.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.