[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>every single Pokemon design showed off so far rages from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
>every single Pokemon design showed off so far rages from good-amazing
>graphics improved 3 fold
>polish already evident
>the only "complaints" are a move-type effectiveness indicator in-battle which means literally nothing to us since we already know all type matchups anyway and muh rival
S/M looking fucking great right now.
>>
File: wink.png (95 KB, 500x391) Image search: [Google]
wink.png
95 KB, 500x391
Post yfw magearna will have base 100 stats across the board and a better moxie as it's ability
>>
>>26737055
It does look great. I'm fine with their pre-release enticements. I just hope the content follows through when we get the game.
>>
File: 1383447793605.jpg (90 KB, 500x343) Image search: [Google]
1383447793605.jpg
90 KB, 500x343
>>26737128
A better Moxie with that typing means a tank with offensive capability. If the stats are even higher and bulkier, I think I might just orgasm.
>>
>>26737055
>>polish already evident
But it's in hawaii?
>>
>>26737260
Kek. You win this round
>>
>>26737055
>far rages from good-amazing
stopped there
>>
SM look fantastic. I hate that the treehouse hyped me up because I'm stuck in kalos/hoenn until the winter.
>>
>>26737155
>Soul Heart is a Moxie clone in-game
>it's a Magic Guard clone in the TCG
When was its ability effect announced?
>>
Pros and Cons for me.

Pros:

-Graphics do look better
-New Pokemon are all pretty satisfying
-Viewing stat changes in the battle screen is useful
-No more battle circles
-Trainers in battle
-Customization returns
-Day and night look much better
-NPCs have idle animations
-Pokedex looks nice
-Movement looks to be more free
-Hills finally look more like hills
-Dynamic angles are better than X/Y
-Battle Royale looks fun
-The warning before battling a trainer adds tension before battles (Pro & Con)

Cons:

-Type effectiveness indicators seems like dumbing down, doesn't look like you can hide them
-Battle HUD is cluttered and ugly
-'PRESS A!' message hovering over items on the ground feels like dumbing down
-The region still looks small
-More tropical straight after Hoenn is a little samey
-Big 'REGISTERED' rainbow letters when you register a Pokemon feels like dumbing down
-Hau is just a cut n paste version of Tierno's character
-Rotomdex telling you where to go and what to do feels like hand-holding
-There is evidently still a framerate drop in battle
-Explanations for the Sun/Moon concept seem a bit trite compared to previous games.
-The warning before battling a trainer ruins the surprise (Pro & Con)
>>
>>26737505
Soul Heart isn't Moxie clone.

It's Moxie, but better. And special.

It activates whenever any other Pokémon faints, regardless of situation.
>>
>>26737938

Also,

Con:

-Certain interface choices are redundant. There is an 'i' icon for more information on each move, yet a message on the screen that says "L+A - Move info".

The whole point of an icon is to avoid using words, it's redundant.

Also when you capture a Pokemon:

>"[Pokemon]'s data will be added to the Pokedex!"
>Next screen
>"REGISTERED!"

Redundant again. Hopefully this will be trimmed down.
>>
>>26737938
>The warning before battling a trainer ruins the surprise
Yeah man an NPC standing around doing fuck all or spinning around aimlessly on a route made it such a surprise when they actually turned out to be a trainer.
>>
>>26737055
Is the rival confirmed for picking a weak starter or is it like in XY?
>>
>>26737055

SM looks fantastic.
I don't understand why people are bitching about this game being "dumbed-down". Pokemon is a CHILDRENS game. I don't know about yall but Pokemon is the easiest game, vidya or irl that I've ever done. Hell, playing Pokemon has been the simplest most brain dead activity I've ever done. Played all games religiously since gen 1 starting age 5 when I couldn't read, these games have been so easy.
>>
>>26739058
This
>>
>graphics improved 3 fold

The literal same models.
>>
>>26739782
They're talking about the models of characters and important background details of scenes being featured in the actual battles, like the festival battle with all the villagers and Hala watching.
>>
File: 1453991928813.jpg (409 KB, 1157x772) Image search: [Google]
1453991928813.jpg
409 KB, 1157x772
>>26737055
>Pokemon design showed off so far rages from good-amazing
>good-amazing
>good
>amazing

I feel for the bait, I'll give you that, OP. But come on.
>>
I'm only afraid about the evolutions to everything.
>>
>>26739427

Pokemon was never intended as being a children's game.
>>
The Pokémon revealed up to now look great. Only one I don't like so far is Magearna, but I don't care about legends anyway.
>>
>>26737055
>>polish already evident
Remove kikes
>>
>>26737421
>>26740954
t. Genwunners

The Pokemon already look better than XY.
>>
>>26737055
most of the pokemon designs are shit
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.