[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>the Canon Timeline is also the peak of the franchise
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 218
Thread images: 23
File: 1465231104491.png (814 KB, 2228x430) Image search: [Google]
1465231104491.png
814 KB, 2228x430
Will we ever be this blessed again? I have no shame saying that these games front to back are the absolute definitive Pokemon experience.
>>
>11 years between Gen2/4 and 5
based on what?
that would make Caitlin 25 years old
>>
>>26707956
In MY headcanon, Caitlin was 9-11 years old in Platinum, and in BW she was like 15-17.
>>
>>26707956
Gen 1 took place in 1996, Gen 2 in 1999. Gen 1 and 2 are the only Canon remakes, so their years have to sustain. It is confirmed that Gen 3 and Gen 4 take place at the same time as Gen 1 and Gen 2. Since the games follow their year of release (not counting Gen 3 and 4 which are confirmed to take place at different times), Gen 5 must take place in 2010 and 2012, 11 years after Gen 2.
>>
>>26707956
>>26707993
Also, it's never confirmed what age Caitlin is after Gen 4/2, only that she's older than she was before. She looks like a kid in Gen 4/2 but a young woman in Gen 5, so it makes sense.
>>
>>26707991
I'm pretty sure it's downright stated that she's 14 in Gen4

>>26707993
so you're basically saying that since Gen 1 and 2 are set in the same year they were released, so should gen5?
But you just said Gen3 and 4 don't do that, so why does Gen5 have to do it?

also, of course i agree that Caitlin is older in Gen5, but i think she looks more like about 18-20, which would imply 4 years since gen2/4
>>
>>26708034
I explained that Gen 3 and Gen 4 don't have to follow that rule because it is already stated in game that they take place in the same year as Gen 1 and 2, respectively.

Gen 5 has no companion Gen to it, so it falls back on the default rule of it taking place in its matching year.
>>
>>26707916
>FRLG
>Definitive anything

Get back to me when you're actually allowed to evolve your Pokemon.
>>
>>26708059
Cry harder, faggot. RBGY and GSC were retconned and Gen 6 is confirmed to be an alternate universe. Gen 3, 4, and 5 are canon.
>>
>>26708065
No the rest is fine, FRLG are just shit games.

By the time of HGSS they realized a remake doesn't have to hold itself back just for the sake of being identical to the originals.
>>
>>26708094
True. Ruby and Sapphire removing the visual Day/Night cycle was bad enough, but the fact that FRLG didn't even have time at all was just retarded. Masuda is a dipshit. Bless anons like >>26704870 for helping to redeem those messes.
>>
>>26708034
Caitlin is indeed 14 in Gen 4
There's a source on bulbapedia, but it leads to a Nip's blog and I can't read it

http://blog.livedoor.jp/shellspider/archives/696210.html#more
>>
>>26708123
This is correct. But her age following Gen 4 is a mystery. She looks older, and based on other evidence an 11 year gap makes sense. She's old enough to be the average age of an E4 and she visually looks more mature and acts more mature. 25 makes sense.
>>
>>26708104
Dude, this is such a common misconception. Nintendo's shitty hardware on the GBA couldn't allow for Day/Night cycles and transferring Pokemon. GF had to work with what they're given
>>
>>26708145
Source: Your Ass: The Post.
Go be a Game Freak apologist somewhere else, you fucking Hoennshitter.

GBA uses flash for saving memory and not physical batteries, so of COURSE Day/Night cycles are possible on the GBA. Why the fuck do you think the GBA has a real time clock built in? You can play fucking Final Fantasy on GBA and still have Day/Night cycles. Eat shit.
>>
>>26708132
I'm thinking that maybe we could figure out her age via her hair length? On average, hair grows at 15cm/6inches per year, so there's that.

Of course this doesn't really help us, as she could have cut it between the two games, but maybe it's a start
>>
>>26708042
But you're still assuming that it has to follow that rule
what if it doesn't? What reason do you have to think it does other than because that would make it easier to understand, and that it was that way in Gen1 and 2?

>>26708123
Is this blog in any way official though?

I used google translate on the site, what i got is that
1 it says, yes, cailin is 14 in HGSS/Platinum
2 Black/white is set "after a few years"

I still stand by what i said that she looks like 18-20 in BW
>>
>>26708184
lol good luck measuring an anime girls hair

>>26708189
>gen 1 takes place in 1996
>gen 2 takes place in 1999
>gen 3 would take place in 2002
>but GF has confirmed its the same year as gen 1
>therefor gen 3 takes place in 1996
>gen 4 would take place in 2006
>but GF has confirmed its the same year as gen 2
>therefor gen 4 takes place in 1999
>gen 5 takes place in 2010 and 2012
>if there had been gen 3 remakes during gen 5, then gen 5 would take place the same year as gen 1 and gen 3, 1996
>but there is no such companion game, no unlike gen 3 and 4 which are exceptions to the rule, gen 5 is the same as gen 1 and 2, taking place in its year of release
>therefor gen 5 takes place in 2010 and 2012
Simple. Occam's razor even says the simplest outcome is always the right one.
>>
>>26708162
Ha, you are literally an idiot, where the fuck did I mention batteries? Guess what, one of the reasons Gen 3 didn't have day night feature because it would have made playing at night time impossible to see on an unlit GBA screen. Another was that it would have put a huge strain on the game, everything would have to have been modified, unlike GSC where the game just went "lol make the palette darker"

Besides, Hoenn did have day and night, it just wasn't shown in the overworld. But it was there so I don't know why you're complaining.
>>
>>26708184
even if it was never cut that's not a good way of finding out, since the length of growth can vary a lot
Besides, we don't know how much taller she is, making it a lot harder to guess how long her hair would've been compared to her current body

not really relevant, but i just want to bring up a fun fact that some people experience their hair completely stops growing for some time after a traumatic event

>>26708212
DUDE! I know!
You're just repeating the same stuff
but i'm saying that when half of the ones before the game's release do not follow that rule, then how can you be so sure they even care about that rule at all anymore?
I'm all for Occam's Razor, but i think so long as we have no -real- evidence in one way or the other we shouldn't bind ourselves to one absolute thinking
>>
>>26708249
You have literally zero source for any of these claims at all, my dude.

>it would have put a huge strain on the game, everything would have to have been modified, unlike GSC where the game just went "lol make the palette darker"
>Yet a 1.6kb rom patch can literally do just that
You're a complete moron.

>I don't know why you're complaining.
Hoennshitters are fucking delusional. I love Hoenn so much, but if you don't see the removal of Day/Night as a flaw, you're a god damn moron.
>>
Nope, definitive experience would look like this:

First Platinum

Then HGSS

Done
>>
File: d5c.jpg (36 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
d5c.jpg
36 KB, 625x626
>"Canon" timeline
>Caitlin's age
>Gen 1, 2, 6 not canon

>All this bait

You guys need to stop.
>>
>>26708278
Sinnohfetuses please go.

>>26708283
>"Canon" timeline
It is a proven fact that Gen 3 through 5 are the canon timeline. RBGY and GSC were retconned, and XYORAS are confirmed as an alternate universe at the end of ORAS.
>Caitlin's age
Also confirmed by GF
>Gen 1, 2, 6 not canon
See above
>>
>>26708260
Of course it's a flaw, it's more content and features that we aren't getting. I'm saying that GF worked with what Shitendo gave them. They didn't remove the fucking features because "lol we felt like it"

If that was true, why has it come back in every single iteration of the mainline games since?
>>
>okay, Anons, this is a timeline that tells you absolutely nothing that you didn't already know

>also, this is my shitty head-canon

Nobody caaaarrreeeesss.
>>
>>26708297
You still haven't provided a source for any fucking thing you say. I literally already proved that the GBA can handle day night cycles. Are you a moron? Seriously. If the fucking GAME BOY could, why would the GBA be incapable? There are dozens of other games, RPGs that take even more memory, that have Day/Night cycles, ones with even more time settings than GSC or DPPl

>>26708302
>head-canon
it's all facts
>>
>>26708310
Neither have you, ass. And you haven't proven anything, it can handle TIME fine yes, but day and night are different to that, like I said, having programs that run stuff like "change colour palette, change Pokemon distribution, activate events at X time, and have certain things happen on Y day uses a lot more of the battery power, which is why a lot of Gen 2 cartridges didn't last to long, speaking from experience my Silver release day cartridge's battery died in 2005 and my Crystal release day battery died in 2006. While my release day Emerald cartridge only died this year. Also I see you've also dodged my question. Why was the feature dropped?
>>
>>26708395
>which is why a lot of Gen 2 cartridges didn't last to long
>my release day Emerald cartridge only died this year.
That was because they used internal batteries and not flash memory, you fucking moron. The GBA would not and does not have that problem.

>Also I see you've also dodged my question. Why was the feature dropped?
Because Masuda is a sadist. Same reason time was removed ALL TOGETHER for FRLG. Not hard to grasp.

The GBA can handle color swaps. The GBA can handle Pokemon distribution. It literally does ALL OF WHAT YOU SAID except change the color palettes for Day/Night, which is literally one of the SIMPLEST things to do. It takes less than 6 bytes to fucking do that to a ROM file.
>>
>>26708426
Ok I admit defeat, the GBA can do those things. I completly forgot about swarms and the like. But why did Masuda bring it Gen 4, and then in every iteration since then? It just seems kind of weird that he would leave it out of the games then bring it back a Gen later.
>>
>>26708444
You've got to keep in mind that Ruby and Sapphire were Masuda's first games. He made some pretty idiotic mistakes. And FRLG were his first (and only) remakes, so that also explains the asinine fuck ups he caused.

Why did he remove Day/Night cycles? Who knows. Maybe they delayed and delayed until they ran out of time. Maybe they thought nobody would have a problem with it. Maybe they thought it was an improvement. Or maybe they just didn't care.

He brought it back in Gen 4 because people sure did care. Oh, they fucking cared. A lot.
>>
The only way I can believe any of this is if the entire pokemon world is dumber than bricks.
>>
>>26708525
so you believe it?
>>
>>26707916
Not possible for it to be 11 years, it's 4-5. This is based on the fact that Team Rocket's kid is old enough to be running around and we have yet to see a kid younger than pre-school. So at most he's likely 4-5.

This makes Red/Blue 20-21 during the Pokemon World Tournament for instance.
>>
>>26708549
>This is based on the fact that Team Rocket's kid is old enough to be running around and we have yet to see a kid younger than pre-school. So at most he's likely 4-5.
This isn't proof of anything. Who knows when the kid was born? It's never stated the the child was born the exact day HGSS/DPPl ended. What makes a lot more sense is the time it would take for the Grunt to find a partner, start a relationship, get married and then have a kid.

>>26708549
Red being 25 during the PWT is completely believable. He's obviously still young, no older than 25, but he's definitely maturer. Red was 11 in FRLG, add 11.

Fun fact, this makes Red the same age as Caitlin.
>>
HG/SS is 1999, huh? How in the world is a Wii there?
>>
>>26708623
>1999
No, it's X999. And it's never stated that the Wii is a Nintendo console in game, and breaking the fourth wall has happened before. Means nothing.
>>
>>26708590
>This isn't proof of anything. Who knows when the kid was born? It's never stated the the child was born the exact day HGSS/DPPl ended. What makes a lot more sense is the time it would take for the Grunt to find a partner, start a relationship, get married and then have a kid.

While true, we also don't know when he met his wife. All we know is that he was the Grunt that stole the machine part or whatever in Gen 2. For all we know he could have already been married and her having already have had a kid and Gen 5 only a year later, and his comments that he settled down are ambiguous in the fact that maybe he meant that as in he's finally staying home and settling down instead of off doing Rocket stuff. As opposed to say finding a wife and then having a child afterwards.

It's hard to tell, but in all likelihood at least 4 years have passed at the most, with likely no more than 7.
>Red being 25 during the PWT is completely believable. He's obviously still young, no older than 25, but he's definitely maturer. Red was 11 in FRLG, add 11.
We know nothing of Red post Gen 1 though. He never says a word at 14 in Gen 2/Gen 4 and he doesn't really say anything during the PWT (which that being canon is debatable considering GameFreak's laziness with sprites).

If it's been at least 4 years, that makes Red/Blue this.

>Gen 1/Gen 3: 11
>Gen 2/Gen 4: 14
>Gen 5-1: 18
>Gen 5-2: 20

If it's been at least 7 years, then that makes it.

>Gen 5-1: 21
>Gen 5-2: 23

If 11 years had passed for instance, they would be 27 years old, a bit too much for either of them, that would put them as the same age as Cyrus in Gen 4. If I recall the Special Manga (hurr durr special) does try to follow off-handed comments by the developers on things, such as Hilda/Hilbert's ages being 16. If I recall Red/Blue are around 21-22 at this point, granted this is during the X/Y Saga at this point (again if I recall), which we have no indication when X/Y take place, only that it's after Gen 5.
>>
>>26708637
No, they'd be 25.

Red is 11 in Gen 1
Red is 14 in Gen 2.
11 years after Gen 2 would make him 25.
>>
If we're basing them on release dates and canon info, then.

Gen 1/3: X996
Gen 2/4: X999
Gen 5: X010
Gen 5: X012
Gen 6: X013
>>
>>26708643
The World Tournament is in Black/White 2, not Black/White, tack on 2 more years. Or at least the one Red appears in.
>>
>>26708653
>Gen 1/3: X996
>Gen 2/4: X999
>Gen 5: Y010
>Gen 5: Y012
>Gen 6: Y013
Fixed that for you. You used X again following the turn of the century, which would put Gen 5 and 6 hundreds of years before Gen 1/2/3/4.

And yes, your timeline does make sense. But GF has confirmed that XY and BW2 take place at the same time, in separate universes.

The question is, in this universe, where does ORAS take place?

>>26708660
Shit, my bad.
>>
>>26708653
X/Y are the same time index as B/W2.
>>
Because in Japan, you are not allowed to look like an adult until you're 40 or 50.
>>
>>26708664
>>26708668
Ah you're right, didn't even notice I put X for all of them.

I'd assume it's like this then.

>Timeline 1
RBGY/RSE->(3 years)GSC/DPPt->(11 years)BW->(2 years)BW2->(1 year)This timelines XY

>Timeline 2
FRLG/ORAS->(3 years)HGSS/DPPt (until inevitable remake)->(11-13 years)This universes BW/BW2->(1 year)XY
>>
File: Kandyzacja Papierza.jpg (565 KB, 2000x4029) Image search: [Google]
Kandyzacja Papierza.jpg
565 KB, 2000x4029
>>26707916
Muh cannon

meanwhile - no one aside bulbapedo gives a shit about it
>>
XY is currently the canon universe, OP.
>>
>>26708690
Where are you getting this one year from? We were told X/Y take place at the same time as B/W2.
>>
>>26708705
Delta Episode confirms its an alternate timeline/universe, so no. We have no reason to believe that the XYORAS universe is now the canon timeline.
>>
It doesn't matter when the games take place because GameFreak will never show anything beyond Kanto in Gen 2 that visualizes the time change.

Oak will still be alive. Red/Blue and the variety of young kids and teenagers will still be that same. Everywhere will still look the same barring Kanto in one Gen, and everything will keep with the status quo and that's it.

Why does it matter when the games take place if GameFreak will never bother to visualize and show us this beyond one instance that will never be seen again?
>>
>>26708719
You do realize that we consistently see characters cross-gen that have obviously aged and developed, right?
>>
>>26708734
We've seen Caitlin, that is it. One character, no others. Despite tons of them having should have aged during Gen 5. For instance Tate/Liza and Jasmine.
>>
>>26708715
True, the ultimate weapon caused all the muckery in OR/AS, but if that's true, then why is Fairy a recent discovery in X/Y, and common knowledge in OR/AS? Don't tell me you think the alternate universe changed the time index for Hoenn's events and now it takes place a year after X/Y?
>>
>>26708751
>Caitlin
>Cynthia
>N
>Ghetsis
>Cheran
>Bianca
>Oak
>Sycamore
>Team Rocket
>Bill
>Dr Fuji
>that one gym leader bitch from Johto
>all the dozens of other characters
>>
>>26708715
Why wouldn't they be?

Sun and Moon is obviously going to be in the same universe. It is the new canon.
>>
>>26708754
ORAS actually does take place after XY. In ORAS, Megas are commonplace. In XY, they're new. It makes the most sense, especially since the events of XY are referenced in ORAS.
>>
>>26707991
Why the fuck are there so many tripfags on /vp/ right now?
I used to browse here regularly a long time ago and there were none.

I came back here recently and every fucking thread there's a different tripfag.
>>
>>26708769
If SM retains Megas, it is the same timeline. If SM retcons Megas, it is a new timeline.

Either way, SM is still going to be part of an alternate, non-canon timeline.
>>
>>26708765
>Caitlin
Ages
>Cynthia
Does not age in any way
>N
Does not age in any way
>Ghetsis
Is not present post BW
>Cheran
Ages
>Bianca
Hair just gets longer, barely a sign of aging
>Oak
Does not age in any way
>Sycamore
Does not age in any way
>Team Rocket
Does not age in any way, it's told to us, but not seen
>Bill
Does not age in any way
>Dr Fuji
Does not age in any way
Does not age in any way, and it's Jasmine
>all the dozens of other characters
Also does not age in any way

Don't get me wrong, I get that characters do actually age, but it doesn't matter and neither does a timeline when it's virtually never shown visually. Just saying "This character is now 10 years older" and yet they look the exact same does nothing. Children still look like children, adults still look the exact same despite some of them nearing their 30-40s or some even nearing death. What's the point of saying "X game takes place during Y period after Z game" if you're not going to actually bother showing it beyond a handful of instances and for it to never be seen again? There is none. The games might as well all be taking place simultaneously besides Gen 2 and the Gen 5 sequels.
>>
>>26708294
>XYORAS are confirmed as an alternate universe at the end of ORAS
and unless you are trying to claim that mega evolution doesn't exist anymore, they are the new canon timeline
>>
>>26708822
>Caitlin
>Ages
Yeah, exactly. Your point? She's a more mature person with actual character to her now. And she's Elite fucking Four now.
>Cynthia
>Does not age in any way
If the games literally state they take place after the previous, it is fact that she has aged.
>N
>Does not age in any way
See above.
>Ghetsis
>Is not present post BW
Are you fucking kidding me? Ghetsis is all over BW2. Have you never fucking played Gen 5 before?
>Cheran
>Ages
Becomes a fucking Gym Leader.
>Bianca
>Hair just gets longer, barely a sign of aging
Except she's also taller, wears glasses, and has a job.
>Oak
>Does not age in any way
Dude is visibly older in Sinnoh and Johto.
>Sycamore
>Does not age in any way
Literally grew up in Sinnoh.
>Team Rocket
>Does not age in any way, it's told to us, but not seen
Do you need a fucking play by play of every day passed between games?
>Bill
>Does not age in any way
Please stop already.
>Dr Fuji
>Does not age in any way
Have you never played HGSS?
>Does not age in any way, and it's Jasmine
Jesus you're dumb.

>that wall of text
Why don't you hate Kanto in Gen 2 then? Literally nobody ages. You literally see no progession between then and now. Suddenly shit is just different. Why doesn't that trigger you?
>>
>>26708843
No they aren't. Just because there is a new timeline doesn't make it the new canon. It's confirmed an alternate universe, even if Megas are removed.
>>
I remember there being a reference to the events of B/W in X/Y, but I don't remember if they said they were attacked twice or not.
>>
>>26708861
Invalid. This happens all the time in comic books, and the new timeline takes precedence. Any preceding reality means doodly squat.
>>
>>26708872
An alternate universe Unova where Mega evolution exists is the one that was referenced, not the canon Unova.
>>
>>26708861
>Just because there is a new timeline doesn't make it the new canon.
what makes the other timeline canon then, if I may ask? You saying it is?
>>
>>26708715
XY is the same time as BW2 so if an AU existed it'd only be ORAS
>>
>>26708882
Except the fact that Masuda has publically acknowledged that Gen 3, 4 and 5 are the canon timeline and that all others take a backseat to it.

Source: http://www.gonintendo.com/stories/198239-masuda-talks-possibilities-of-pokemon-black-white-3-pokemon-snap

Look at the date. The alternate timeline was already in full development when he said this.
>>
>>26708890
XY and ORAS are the same timeline, this is confirmed, and it is confirmed that all games before XY are not part of the same timeline. Literally in the Delta episode it says universes without Megas are a seperate universe.

>>26708887
>not referred to as an alternate universe
also see >>26708899
>>
>>26708856
I think you're missing the point entirely.

The point isn't that character's aren't aging, it's that we aren't seeing them age, so why should it matter. It's like Kid Trunks in Dragonball Super, he's the same age as he was when he was training with Gohan during Future Trunks' timeline, yet he hasn't physically aged whatsoever, so why should it matter what his actual age is? The same logic applies, aging and where the games take place chronologically doesn't matter when we have no visual representation of it beyond a handful of instances, we've only just been told that and that's it. I can tell you that we're 66 years since 1950, but that doesn't mean anything if nothing has changed. Sure it's happened, sure it's transpired, but there is no visual representation of it, there is nothing beyond as I stated, a few cases. This is mostly due to GameFreak's laziness and not wanting to change sprites, models, etc. But they don't visual it in any way, so it shouldn't matter. And as I said only a handful of instances actually visualize this, Gen 2's Kanto, and 2-3 characters at most. That's it.

Now with that said, you are correct, I did forget Ghetsis had a small segment in BW2, he still hasn't visually aged. Changed his fancy cloak for a black one, but that's it, that's not a visual sign of aging. Also my previous post was far from a wall of text, far from it.
>>
>>26708899
I see nothing here that says anything about any of that. Explain.
>>
>>26708916
>it's that we aren't seeing them age
You didn't see them age between Gen 1 and 2 either, faggot.

>he still hasn't visually aged
>not a visual sign of aging
He's literally skinnier and paler. Are you blind?

>Also my previous post was far from a wall of text, far from it.
No, but >>26708916 is

>>26708926
The fact that a sequel to a game that is not a part of the alternate Mega universe could happen even after XY's development confirms from Masuda that the canon timeline (3/4/5) still exists and is still the focuspoint.
>>
>>26708910
The person who worked on XY placed it at the same time as BW2? Why is that tweet common knowledge everywhere except in these "head canon posing as timeline" threads?

>inb4 game info from employees is less canon than my thoughts

In fact, ORAS placing XY in its timeline pretty much means everything from Gen 4 to 6 is one timeline and the real AU is Gens 1 and 2.
>>
>>26708934
No. No, no, and no. Megas did not and do not exist in the timeline of Gen 3 through 5. This is confirmed. ORAS clearly states it.

There are three timelines

Gen 1 > Gen 2

Gen 3 > Gen 4 > Gen 5

Gen 6 > Gen 7
>>
>>26708910
First, that interview you linked has nothing to say about anything being discussed.
Secondly, Gens 1-5 are the only ones referred to as an alternate universe in game.
"And about the existence of another world, which we have long observed to be just like this one and yet not the same... That's right. A Hoenn region that's almost exactly like this one we live in. Filled with Pokémon and people like us. A world where maybe the evolution of Pokémon took a slightly different path, where Mega Evolution is unknown... A world where that war 3,000 years ago...never happened. A world where the ultimate weapon was never even built. And in that Hoenn of that world... What would happen if one day, out of the blue, a meteoroid appeared? What would happen to the people of that world, without the technology to destroy the meteoroid or the power to warp it away? ... Looks like it's beyond the power of your imagination."
>>
File: Laughing Nostalgiafigs Buri.png (639 KB, 800x718) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Nostalgiafigs Buri.png
639 KB, 800x718
MUUUUUUUUUUUUUH
CANNOOOOOOOOOON
>>
>>26708932
There is nothing in there about continuing ANY game from that point in time.
>>
File: Laughing Nostalgiafigs.png (541 KB, 800x718) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Nostalgiafigs.png
541 KB, 800x718
>>26708949
Obrigatory
>>
>>26708947
>>26708951
Masuda: "If in the future, we feel that we want to continue, perhaps we'll have a continuation."

BW and BW2 are part of the canon timeline. XY and ORAS are part of the Mega timeline. The fact that they would return to the canon timeline after XY and ORAS (and SM) confirms that the canon timeline is the main one. You wouldn't return to a timeline without Megas unless it was the main timeline.
>>
>>26708944
Why? Because they aren't mentioned in those games? I bet Unova didn't exist in FRLG because it wasn't mentioned in those games. It just popped up during BW
>>
>>26708932
>You didn't see them age between Gen 1 and 2 either, faggot.
Which is also a problem.
>He's literally skinnier and paler. Are you blind?
He's not actually, look at the sprites again. His legs are more spread out in BW giving him the allusion that his cloak is bigger and therefore he himself is bigger. He is the same size as far as we're aware. You can even color drop the sprites and find that he is also not paler in any way.
>No, but is
It's not, that's a typical sentence that should take no longer than 30 seconds to read.

Now with all that said, I could be 80 years old right now and look like I'm 20. If I told you I was 80 you wouldn't believe me because I don't visually look it, so why should we believe GameFreak telling us anything when we have no true visual indicators of it happening over a long periods of time, such as the children characters being adults now? We shouldn't, just the same as you wouldn't believe I was 80 in this scenario, so I might as well just be 20 according to everyone but myself. There is no point caring about the ages of characters or the timeline when we don't see it actively making a damn difference beyond as I said multiple times, Kanto (which is barely anyways) and 2-3 characters.
>>
>>26708960
you do realize that Unova, and the events that happened there, exist in the new timeline as well right? Just with megas
>>
>>26708960
>But we're really satisfied with how Black 2 and White 2 have turned out, so perhaps not.

Pay attention, boy.
>>
>>26708965
Unova did exist during FRLG, dumbass. They're the same timeline. This is proven fact, you moron.

>>26708966
fuck off i'm not even reading your blog posts anymore

>>26708971
Yes. There is an ALTERNATE Unova in the ALTERNATE timeline that HAS MEGAS.

But since Masuda said they could CONTINUE the timeline WITHOUT MEGAS, that means the canon timeline is the one WITHOUT MEGAS.
>>
>>26708977
He said maybe, dipshit. The point still stands, it is a possibility. Which means more than any of your bullshit claims about timelines.
>>
>>26708980
>fuck off i'm not even reading your blog posts anymore
Excellent and intelligent argument. The fact that you can't read a something a child would have no problem reading rather fast and actively discussing things. No wonder 4chan has gone to shit over the years. Hell even /v/ can read and discuss things less than a paragraph but more than a singular sentence. But do as you please, also that is not a blogpost, you clearly have no idea what that term means at all.
>>
>>26708996
cool blog post i didn't read it :^)
>>
>>26708987
I don't know, this seems more the language of a person that moves forward and doesn't look back.
>>
>>26708980
>CONTINUE the timeline WITHOUT MEGAS
but you're assuming that any BW3, which according to masuda in the interview you linked most likely won't happen, would not have megas when they easily can because BW and BW2 events occur in the new timeline
>>
>>26708944
>>26708980
The point is that you're doing the same. ORAS doesn't state that Gen 6 is in a different timeline. It states that Gen 3 is. It literally only talks about Hoenn, and you just decided on everything else even though BW2 and XY are placed together.
>>
File: Pokémon Timeline.png (342 KB, 500x1007) Image search: [Google]
Pokémon Timeline.png
342 KB, 500x1007
X/Y and OR/AS are a part of this Timeline though.

Please don't start this shit again, I feel like I am getting baited every day.
>>
>>26707916
> the absolute definitive Pokemon experience
in otherwords
> the absolute definitive Pokemon experience is the same game over and over again so don't change the formula

truly pokemon will die a slow, painful death by nostalgiafags.
>>
>>26709233
Retarded. A good franchise doesn't change its formula, it expands it. That's why Zelda being widely different each game but being successful is different from Aoic being widely different each game and failing.

Also, change isn't instantly good. I surely didn't like Gen 6's overall changes.
>>
>>26709254
>Aoic
I mean Sonic lol
>>
>>26709254
Yup, like I thought.

Slow. And VERY painful.
>>
>>26709188
You do realize that tweet says RS, not ORAS, Red and Green, not FRLG, and Gold and Silver, not HGSS, right?

And you do realize that tweet has already been debunked.
>>
>>26709291
You do realize that this tweet was just confirmation of what fans already knew from In-Game dialogue, right?
>>
>>26709291
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/%E2%89%92
>>
>>26709298
We didn't know the part about XY. There was nothing to indicate that at all.
>>
>>26709308
Yeah there was, there was tons of references to characters from other games. Most notably was the reference to Colress, having him still researching ways for Pokémon to unlock their full potential (cough-mega-evolution-cough)

We don't know if this was shortly before, or after B2/W2, but we know it must be around a similar time if Colress is still researching the exact same thing as before. That tweet was from one of the writers, and he, as fans expected, put X/Y and B2/W2 together, indicating that like Gens 1/3 and 2/4, they must happen around the same time, or months apart at most.
>>
File: 1459923732852.jpg (30 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1459923732852.jpg
30 KB, 512x384
>>26709269
Its a bit sad that people actually find this to be a smart way to debate. You had no argument, someone replies with an attempt to engage in discussion and you just go "yeah man. I'm such a genius btw."

fuck off

>>26709291
>Debunked
?????
>>
>>26709334
The tweet was deleted, so some people absolutely INSIST it means that the writers of the game got it wrong, and that all the dialogue in the games mean nothing, and that the timeline got completely retconned in Gen 6.
>>
>people arguing their head canon is more accurate than the writer of the game

What's up with this "Gen 6 is a separate timeline" meme?
>>
>>26709354
Some people think that because Zinnia mentions alternate universes in OR/AS, that literally every game except XY and OR/AS are now in another universe, and never happened in the current games timeline.
>>
>>26708104
>mfw Umbreon evo if it's AM and Espeon if it's PM
>>
>>26709354
You never finished ORAS?
>>
The question is why did the presence of Megas shift Hoenn's events to happening 17 years later? Especially considering all the people involved maintain the ages they did in the previous timeline. That's a ton of things to transplant. It causes no errors that I'm aware of, though, since the context of everything else in this universe is unknown. That is unless it's referenced in XY. If Hoenn's events are referenced in XY, then all of this is paradox'd.
>>
>>26709448
They just mentioned alternate universes they didn't say Gen VI was one
>>
>>26709413
There's definitely at least 3 universes.

1. The other universe that Zinnia mentioned.
2. Universe where Drayden was always a Gym Leader
3. Universe where Drayden replaced Iris once she became a Champion
>>
S-So, the thing in Hoenn made Kanto's very own Cinnabar Island lost its prime city? Poor Blaine. Not enough with his involvement with the Mew Project (which I assumed unethical), he had to endure his home city being destroyed.
>>
>>26709456
In Black/White, an NPC explains that pretty much all version differences are slightly different parallel universes. The misconception is that people try and figure out which games fit together, when the general events and timeline is always the same.

Gen 1 / 3 -> Gen 2 / 4 -> BW -> B2/W2 = X/Y

>>26709465
It's not really confirmed, but it is a popular theory that Kyogre/Groudon's shenanigans are what caused Cinnibar to erupt.

>>26709450
You are very confused. Hoenn's events still happen at the same point in the timeline. At the start.
>>
>>26709563
Not according to some people here. OR/AS has to happen after X/Y.
>>
>>26709578
Which is ridiculous, because literally the entire Mega spubplot of Hoenn was explaining how Hoenn has always had Mega Evolution, as a soft retcon.

There's also a bunch of stuff in the games that was nods and foreshadowing to X/Y.

IE; Mr. Bonding being made, and the girl in the cemetery being alive still.
>>
>>26709599
Either way, we have two regions that KNOW OF EACH OTHER, yet they know nothing of the knowledge the other possesses.
>>
>>26709455

>Zinnia: "That's right. A Hoenn region that's almost exactly like this one we live in. Filled with Pokémon and people like us. A world where maybe the evolution of Pokémon took a slightly different path, where Mega Evolution is unknown... A world where that war 3,000 years ago...never happened."
>>
File: sinnoh confirmed.png (339 KB, 1728x1080) Image search: [Google]
sinnoh confirmed.png
339 KB, 1728x1080
>>
>>26709656
The misconception is that OR/AS is a new universe

The reality is, as with EVERY SINGLE OTHER older version of a game that later got remade, the old games are in their own little bubble/

The idea that OR/AS is somehow the other way around, just because a character references the old games, is ridiculous.
>>
>>26709599
but what if:
1)rby->gsc; breeding, dark and steel are new
2)rse/frlg->dppt/hgss->bw->b2w2->xy; things new to timeline 1) are old here. mega evolution is rediscovered and fairy type is estabilished
3)oras. everything known in xy is already here
>>
There's a natural progression of technology between Gen 1 - 6, don't forget. Gen 4 taking place in 1999 makes no sense logically, but is canon.

Anyone can elaborate perhaps?
>>
>>26709342
They're acting like deleting the tweet deleted the thought from his brain and the intention from the games.

>>26709450
XY definitely happen after. Mr Bonding in XY was created in ORAS. I don't get why people who argue timelines don't know this sort of stuff.

>>26709696
I just don't think Game Freak would start an entirely new universe mid gen using a remake.
>>
>>26709777
I don't think Pokémon uses our year system. Gen 4 wouldn't be in 1999. The Pokémon universe is already WAY more advanced than our, even at its earliest point of Gen 1 / 3.
>>
File: time.png (6 KB, 240x160) Image search: [Google]
time.png
6 KB, 240x160
>>26709797

You don't say?
>>
File: Human_on_the_Moon.png (7 KB, 240x160) Image search: [Google]
Human_on_the_Moon.png
7 KB, 240x160
>>26709797
>>
>>26709829
>>26709843
Gen 1 was weird as fuck man, tons of references to real world shit. Doesn't apply anymore, considering Game Freak have made the games and their world their own thing. That's why you wont find any more references or dates like that in the other games.
>>
>>26707991
>my canon
>implying anyone cares with your canon
>>
File: 1465679291519.jpg (573 KB, 1387x2048) Image search: [Google]
1465679291519.jpg
573 KB, 1387x2048
>>26707991
>11 years would still make her 20-22
>>
>>26709852
Can confirm. ORAS removes real world references from RS dex (ie. "world's highest mountain" instead of Mount Everest, not naming Pacific Ocean by the name...)
>>
>>26709852
In case you didn't notice, this was kept in FR/LG, meaning gen 3.
>>
>>26709829
>>26709843
Why do people use stuff from remakes of the franchise's first installment? When the franchise wasn't fully defined yet? Its why PWT references he could be from Unova. Its referencing how the real world has drifted apart more or less completely over time.
>>
>>26709863
In case you didn't notice, FR/LG were a decade ago
>>
>>26708773
No it doesn't. Mr. Bonding was created in ORAS, and he shows up in XY.
>>
>>26708916
Dragonball post cell gives up on effort of continuity and devolves into the Goku show. Gohan is great at growing up yet goten and trunks haven't changed a gooddam day. Super is the Goku/Vegeta show, whereas GT was just the Goku show
>>
>>26709903
Well both game are shit t.b.h they clearly don't care
>>
>>26709852

I don't believe anything, you say.
You are not a official source.
>>
>>26709869
Sorry, I don't listen to unofficial sources like you.
>>
File: Pokémon Timeline (2).png (622 KB, 560x2957) Image search: [Google]
Pokémon Timeline (2).png
622 KB, 560x2957
Here. I wrote out the relevant details of the entire timeline, including the details in the game that contextualize the Timeline itself.

Am I autistic? Maybe. But now I can just post this instead of having to try and explain why OR/AS happens before X/Y each damn thread.
>>
>>26709995
A franchise retconning stuff from early as it finds itself is a common occurrence.

Some franchises find reasons for it (like Sonic making an explanation for why they call Robotnik Eggman now) and some roll with it (like the 12 light force peices becoming 3 triforce pieces in Zelda but both being canon, but Pokemon doesn't do either.

They just change it or ignore it, like >>26709862 said.

Obviously, america with all its places can't exist at the same time as Alola and Unova as different places
>>
>>26710047
It is unknown if the aforementioned timeline also applies to all solitary versions and remakes.
>>
>>26710058

As, I said. I don't listen to unofficial sources like you.
>>
>>26710058
Retconning has been a common thing in Pokémon since the beginning. Literally every Gen has made small retcons, and we managed fine.

Suddenly OR/AS happens and everybody is losing their freaking minds for no reason, claiming that the entire timeline has been retconned. Are these people just jumping into the franchise with Gen 6 or something?

Also ignore that other guy, he's made the same post 3 times now, just a troll.
>>
>Red has 11 years in his game (canon)
>Brendan has 12 years in his game (canon)

Fact:
>They are the same age, but Kanto story is in 1996 and Hoenn story is 1997.
>Same with Gold and Lucas in 1999 and 2000

So:

1996 = Red-Green-Blue / FireRed-LeafGreen
1997 = Ruby, Sapphire / Emerald / OmegaRuby,-AlphaSapphire

1999 = Gold-Silver / Crystal / HeartGold-SoulSilver
2000 = Diamond-Pearl / Platinum

2010 = Black-White

2012 = Black2-White2
2013 = X-Y

In other words...

>R-G-B ≈ R-S E -> G-S C ≈ D-P Pt -> B-W -> B2-W2 ≈ X-Y

Dividing it in timelines:

Classic timeline:
1996 = Red-Green-Blue
1997 = [Hoenn story]

1999 = Gold-Silver / Crystal
2000 = [Sinnoh story]

2010 = [Unova story]

2012 = [Unova2 story]
2013 = [Kalos story..? Without Megas..? I dont know]

Modern timeline:
1996 = FireRed-LeafGreen
1997 = Ruby-Sapphire / Emerald

1999 = HeartGold-SoulSilver
2000 = Diamond-Pearl / Platinum

2010 = Black-White

2012 = Black2-White2
2013 = [Kalos story..? Without Megas..? I dont know]

AZ timeline:
1996 = [Kanto story with Megas]
1997 = OmegaRuby-AlphaSapphire

1999 = [Johto story with Megas]
2000 = [Sinnoh story with Megas]

2010 = [Unova story with Megas]

2012 = [Unova2 story with Megas]
2013 = X-Y
>>
>>26710060
What do you mean?

You could argue that any Pokémon game to exist is canon. It's all part of that same timeline.

G1/3 -> 2/4 -> BW -> B2/W2/X/Y

That timeline is just using the "most recent" versions because the most recent versions of the games are obviously the ones last in the developers minds when making the games. It's the one being considered when referenced, ect.

>>26710073
You're not wrong, just over-complicating it. There's one timeline. The """"""AZ Timeline""""" is just the Pokémon timeline with all the current changes and retcons applied. All the games in the timeline still happened as is.
>>
>>26710099

You shouldn't believe anything, unless.
You have official sources backing you up as evidence.
>>
>>26710109
Official Source: Play the fucking games, and pay attention to the dialogue instead of mashing A
>>
>>26710116

I meant to say You shouldn't believe anything, like people saying Pokémon World isn't Earth and etc.
>>
>>26710072
The amount of people talking about the "Gen 6 Universe" that say that XY happened before ORAS makes me realize that a huge chunk of these people really don't know what they're talking about. Because that's wrong no matter what timeline you think is real.

Timelines are usually formed by paying attention to detail, rather than. Looking at Zinnia shout "HEY MAN WATCH THIS."
>>
Damn I had a nice image somewhere but now I can't find it. Basically, if we take what Zinnia said in ORAS, there's essentially multiple universes.

>The GB Universe
FRLG = Emerald > Crystal
These 3 are the "main" stories, with RBY, GS and RS being offshoots/alternate realities of the same timeline.

>The DS Universe
HGSS=Platinum>BW>BW2
This timeline has alternate realities for each version, but they follow a similar path.

>The Mega Universe
Zinnia mentions that there might be universes out there without Megas, meaning everything before Megas were introduced weren't part of the same universe.

So this one revolves around:

ORAS> XY > Presumably SM
Looker has had gaps of memory loss, perhaps as a result of some incident prior to ORAS. He leaves and presumably goes to Kalos where he sets up his agency.
Theoretically, a Kanto game would take place during FRLG, XY should take place during Johto along with Sinnoh

I think that's right. The image makes more sense.
>>
>>26710165
Zinnia mentions that there may be a universe without Megas, and refers Gen 3 Hoenn. Since remakes always replace the originals, all I took from that is that the game was just referencing something that always happens. That ORAS replaced RSE in the timeline and Gens 1 to 3 have no Megas.
>>
>>26710148
Well... It's not? Not completely anyways. Heavily inspired by, sure. But not the same.

Earlier games had references to "America" with Surge. But then in B2/W2, an NPC refers to him as being from Unova (a nod to Unova's inspiration from American locations.)

On top of that, while Unova is shaped like New York, it's actually a mesh of America-inspired locations, including LA, and Hollywood.

Then you have Alola, a completely separate Region, inspired by an entire State. Again, keyword being inspired, it doesn't even have the same amount of islands.

So, yeah. Pokémon World is Earth. It's also vastly different, a mesh of inspirations forming its own unique world.

>>26710165
See:>>26710047 and >>26710099

You're over-complicating things by trying to divide "timelines" like that, when it's all the same timeline. The games have never treated the timeline like that. They continue to reference and build off each other, despite any retcons that may happen.
>>
>>26710165
>>26710183
also, I know what image you have. I have it. You explained it well. But I still think its wrong though.
>>
>>26710193
If you wouldn't mind posting it, could you? I can't seem to find it and it's driving me nuts.
>>
>>26710183
>Since remakes always replace the originals, all I took from that is that the game was just referencing something that always happens. That ORAS replaced RSE in the timeline
That is literally exactly what was intended.

I feel like all the people who misunderstood this have just never played any of the other remakes before.
>>
>>26710195
Well I'm on my phone and its on my computer, so you may wanna check back this thread later in the day. Maybe an hour from now.

>>26710196
Before I got ORAS I wondered what could possibly be the thing Zinnia says that completely splits up the games, and was super underwhelmed when I actually played it. The games have been referencing alternate worlds for ages. Gen V did it too. I don't see why its suddenly a big deal now
>>
>>26710213
>I don't see why its suddenly a big deal now
My theory is just that a lot of the people playing Pokémon now got back into it with X/Y.

Almost nobody seems to remember that multiple universes have been canon for a while now. It was literally just a hand-wave explanation for version differences. That's it. The timeline has never been altered because of it, and never will be. It was never GF's intention for people to think the timeline had been retconned or changed. Zinnia's dialogue was just a nod to the older games. People read WAYYYY too into it, using it as proof that OR/AS was it's own timeline.
>>
>timeline autism

fuck oras for retconning mega evolution instead of just keeping it unique to kalos' story though
>>
>>26710250
I honestly agree. I don't think the timeline is hard to understand at all, but I do hate how OR/AS tried to retcon Hoenn into the origins of Mega Evolution, because it seems a lot of people are confused now. People thinking OR/AS is it's own timeline, or that it's set after X/Y, ect. Ridiculous, but I can't blame the fault entirely on them, Game Freak gets some blame for making this so inconvenient to follow.

OR/AS were a mistake.
>>
>>26707916
>canon timeline
I was under the impression that the three timelines were parallel timelines, meaning they all are canon.
>>
>>26710250
I agree. I hate how Gamefreak puts its timeline stuff in small moments, but makes huge changes between games with the idea that "oh things sort themselves out."

Why say Megas started with Lucario in Kalos then say that Megas started with Rayquaza in Hoenn? Fucking dumb.

Why drift away from real world locations but include then in some remakes and remove them from others?

Gamefreaj should learn to write an overarching story. The Zelda games are a lot more confusing and people still figured out 90% of the timeline before the official one was released. Because things were made clear.
>>
>>26710250
>>26710299
That is the source of this argument, though, isn't it? People want to handwave Megas, so they pretend X/Y and OR/AS are their own universe so they don't have to deal with it.
>>
>>26710322
The three timelines are essentially the same though. People overcomplicate it by trying to make distinctions, but Game Freak really do not care that much at all. The minor differences between versions and remakes are just retcons and shit, that Game Freak handwaves with "the older games and version differences are parallel universes"

>>26710342
Pretty much

>>26710336
The fans figured out the timeline though. It is straightforward and easy to follow. It's just Game Freaks retcons, particularly in OR/AS, getting people confused and angry. It's like they tried to explain shit in OR/AS, but just made more questions, when fans had already basically figured it out.
>>
FRLG and RSE > HGSS and DPP > (Cyrus destroys the world at this point and mega evolution [and fairy if you give a shit] is now introduced) > Black and white 1 > Black and White 2 and X and Y.
>>
>>26710384
Well... THATS a theory I've not heard before, I guess.
>>
>>26710399
History is changed when Cyrus fucks with dialga (thus making the events of ORAS occur) palkia changed fairy type and mega evolution.
If we want to go a step further we can say Dialga's history re-write also changed Gen 1's lack of dark and steel types.

This also explains why Lucario was called the first pokemon to mega evolve but then in ORAS mega fug was called the first.
>>
File: 1464529075555.gif (291 KB, 540x303) Image search: [Google]
1464529075555.gif
291 KB, 540x303
>>26710434
Now you're just making shit up
>>
>>26709254
The problem is that there's nothing inherently wrong with the changes in the gen 6 games. In fact I would go as far to say that gen 6 gave the franchise features it should have had years ago.

That and the first four or so gens prioritized useless gimmicks over features that would actually help improve the experience like the PSS and pass powers.
>>
I always saw it as something like this
>>26710165
but more abstract and harder to explain

Bacially there'd be three possible "set" timelines based on the way things are traded.
So you have

Possible timeline one:
A G1 game leads into a G2 game
As one universe, as there's no way to trade beyond that

Possible timeline two:
One of each version of the events fron G3 to G5

XY can't actually trade with any past games so we then get
One of each G6 pair

With Bank being some sort of multiverse highway service station, and with the virtual console G1 games supposedly using it all possible universes are connected.

I use "possible" due to Zinnia's Link Cable reference, you can take that and see every single copy of the game in the real world, every single playthrough you have of them, as being it's own universe.
The original "link cable" followed by all the other methods of trading are the only real bridges between them. Without any concrete timeline within the game's universe itself, an actual timeline only exists within an individual player's mind and experiences (Making your trading between then some kind of godlike multiverse manipulation) making there as many possible true timelines as their are copies of the games and people.

So playing a cart of Red and then a cart of Crystal, trading between them makes one timeline, but you can play the virtual console version of Red, throw a Pokemon in Bank and put it in SM and play through it with it and it's just as canon.

Then you've got Hoopa who's been transporting Pokemon from all sorts of possibilites, making it it's own "link cable". So the Raikou you can fight and capture in ORAS is part of a timeline from some kid's copy of Gold who never caught it.
>>
>>26710434
That makes no sense, for one the events of ORAS occur in the same place as RSE but in a different timeline so it occurs before the events of DPPt in that universe.
Two Cyrus failed and didn't change a thing.
Three Lucario is already explained by the fact that only two clans have access to Sky Pillar hiding the legend from people.
>>
The canon is Y=E>C=Pt>BW1>BW2=XY

The remakes are actually the alt timelines, the initial releases are left behind by the updated releases
>>
>>26710518
Not really. Every Gen added very important things to the gameplay mechanics and single player experience. Gen 6's additions to those sucked, but their additions to connectivity and training were indeed very good.

Gen 2 adding Genders and held items, or Gen 4's physical special split are all incredibly important additions to the franchise and can't be underplayed as stagnation.

Every Gen adds dumb gimmicks.
>>
>>26710569
>"Y"
>Yellow
>canon

Get out
>>
>>26710539
This is the other thing actually i forgot in my post up there and I think I mentioned on the image.

The games themselves refer to trading from certain games as "a long time ago". I can't recall if it mentions the same in ORAS, but I have a Mew from Emerald, and eventually the "Kanto" tag was replaced with "a long time ago".

If it does say the same thing in ORAS, then Emerald/RS/FRLG would have to take place in the past which doesn't make much sense.
Someone want to double check?
>>
>>26710627
Transfers are magical timey wimey that makes no sense regardless, or are you really going to say that there's an infinitude of Mewtwos?
>>
>>26710627
Oh shit I forgot I did it already. It mentions "Seems to have traveled across time and space to reach you from the X Region"

Now Time is one thing if it was different time periods, but it specifically mentions space too.
>>
>>26710576
Not him but genders aren't important, if they had breeding without them the process would be considerably faster. The only thing it adds are meaningless aesthetics.
>>
>>26710674
It affects things like how moves and abilities work as well though. Also the status effect about falling in love.

And the point is that breeding came with genders, so that's why its important. You could do it without them but that's a hypothetical that doesn't exist.
>>
Id just like to say op, its not y, its (x+1) you fuxking math drop out.
>>
>>26710576
>Every Gen adds dumb gimmicks.
True but there were certainly generations that took that to extremes for the series. Most notably 2 and 4.
While they added some important features like breeding and the split they also added more unnecessary features like apricorns, time based events, Pokemon appearing at different times during the day, the underground and so on.

Some people consider these "improvements" to a degree but all it does is make the game more tedious than it was before. In other words it tied the aesthetic to the practical and made the game as a whole worse. In fact apricorn balls should have been purchasable after a certain point instead of having to wait a day to receive it.

Meanwhile with gens 5 and 6 for the most part they kept the aesthetic and practical two different things so the gimmick didn't impact the game negatively. Except for seasons and a single pokemon if I remember right.

>>26710703
>It affects things like how moves and abilities work as well though
Not anymore, males can now pass down HA when breeding with a Ditto and both pass down egg moves. Right now the only thing it affects is that males have a harder time passing down a HA.
Also attract could have worked without it.

Anyway, basically shit is subjective, you can't call the changes and additions made in Gen 6 bad but you can say that you disliked it.
>>
My brain hurts after reading this thread.
>>
>all this autistic headcanon, and autists trying to force it as fact

I get it, you retards like the old games and hate megas, but it's time to accept the truth. The objective fact. XYORAS are canon, no matter how much it hurts your head.
>>
>>26710837
You call those gimmicks? Every single one of those were nice ways to flesh out the world more and improve immersion. Pokebakls are homemade because Johto is more traditional. Things happen at different times making the world feel living. All of those are really welcome by me. And besides the wait for Apricorns, nothing was particularly tedious to the point of being a problem. Waiting for half a day to catch night Pokemon is definitely not a big deal.

And no, I can definitely say they were bad changes. I don't find all the changes bad, but there's some that I can say sucked. I can separate things I think I think are bad from things I don't like.

Gender affects things like Rivalry. And yes, it could work without it. Your argument is "the mechanic would be pointless if you took away everything about it that makes the mechanic work.
>>
File: hypertime.png (613 KB, 594x562) Image search: [Google]
hypertime.png
613 KB, 594x562
>>26710888
EVERYTHING is canon
>>
>>26713106
Then nothing is.
>>
>>26713284
Well yeah it's ficiton
>>
>>26713561
Nothing for which there has been a debate over canon was ever not fiction.
>>
>>26707916
>get V
>peak
you're looking at it upside down, it seems
>>
>>26708294
>It is a proven fact that Gen 3 through 5 are the canon timeline. RBGY and GSC were retconned, and XYORAS are confirmed as an alternate universe at the end of ORAS.
Zinnia literally explains that ORAS (and XY) are canon and RSE aren't. Jesus fuck you're so fucking dumb
>>
File: Alternative_reality.png (11 KB, 240x160) Image search: [Google]
Alternative_reality.png
11 KB, 240x160
>>26714026

Alternative reality
>>
>>26714026

Zinnia didn't say RSE were non-canon.
>>
File: alternative_timeline.jpg (103 KB, 605x1004) Image search: [Google]
alternative_timeline.jpg
103 KB, 605x1004
>>26714026
Zinnia didn't say anything about RSE being non-canon.
>>
Pokemon sucks, there's your canon. It's the only canon you understand at any rate.
>>
File: 1444146633300.png (13 KB, 229x219) Image search: [Google]
1444146633300.png
13 KB, 229x219
>>26708861
>Has proof thrown at him to prove that XYORAS are AU canon
>proceeds to claim that gen 3-5 are the true canon

Man, fuck you and your broken-ass logic. By your logic, RBY and GSC are the ONLY canon timelines, and everything after that is just fucking fan-fiction.
>>
>>26714158
>Alternative
>not Alternate
>>
>>26714219
RBY and GSC cannot be canon because they have been retconed with remakes.

XY and ORAS cannot be canon because they are clearly stated to be part of an alternate reality where Mega evolution exists.

RSE, FRLG, DPPL, HGSS, BW, and BW2 are the canon timeline because it is the most recent timeline as of yet that is not ever referenced as an "alternate" timeline. It can't be alternate to the main timeline when it IS the main timeline.
>>
>>26714236

Parallel universes.
>>
>>26714199
That's literally as close as you can get to confirming it without breaking the fourth wall and saying "OI BY THE WAY MATE, THIS BITCH'S TALKIN' BOUT THE FIRST GAMES YEAH"
>>
>>26714248
ORAS retcons RSE with Zinnias speech tho
>>
>>26714259

It didn't say.
>>
>>26714282
Remakes always replace the originals, even if Zinnia hadn't said that RSE didn't happen it'd still be the canon game
>>
Gen III-Gen VI are canon. However, Gen VI is canon in an AU. Doesn't mean it isn't canon, just that it happened in another timeline.We don't know yet what timeline Sun and Moon take place in.
>>
>>26714267
A retcon would be replacing an old timeline with a new one. The timeline created in Gen 6 doesn't do that, it simply creates a new, alternate timeline.
>>
>>26714248
Dude the new universe is now the main universe and the non mega verse is now a side universe in a DC earth 2 situation.
>>
File: Pokémon_platinum.png (134 KB, 477x304) Image search: [Google]
Pokémon_platinum.png
134 KB, 477x304
>>26714267
Is Pokémon platinum
retcons as well?

Pokémon Emerald and Pokémon Platinum have Battle frontier in them.
>>
>>26714023
>>
>>26714301

But she didn't say anything about RSE being non-canon.
>>
>>26714301
Both timelines are canon you utter retard but thold one has been delegated to a side universe rather than the main.
Also remakes replacing the originals have always been a fan thing but now that's been thrown out of the window so anything is game.
>>
>>26714267
Do you know what retcon means?
>>
File: 1465613413535.jpg (11 KB, 295x378) Image search: [Google]
1465613413535.jpg
11 KB, 295x378
>>26707916
>BW over HGSS, Platinum, and RSE
B2W2, sure, that's a decent arguement, but BW? No.
>>
>>26708255
Nah, her head should be about the same size, I think, so you could use that as your baseline for measuring her hair.
>>
>>26714451
I never knew is was possible to be this retarded.
>>
>>26714477
it*
>>
>>26714451
Nigger that's a timeline
>>
>>26714493
Yeah but he's saying it goes in order of worst to best, too. Read the title.
>>
>>26714524
Are you retarded?
He's saying that the non mega universe is better than the megaverse.
>>
>>26714451
Retard.

For one, I said it was a timeline.

Second, I said front to back, these games are the definitive Pomemon experience, meaning that each game from start of finish of this timeline is equally fantastic.
>>
>>26714451
>le BW2 are 10000000000x better than BW meme xD
>>
File: me retarded.png (478 KB, 570x587) Image search: [Google]
me retarded.png
478 KB, 570x587
>>26714560
>>26714585
Ok i see now. Idk what I was saying.
>>
>>26714341
third versions are canon until their gen gets remade
>>
File: Dawn_and_Ash.png (939 KB, 800x593) Image search: [Google]
Dawn_and_Ash.png
939 KB, 800x593
what is so hard to understand with soft-reboots/retcons?bThere is one timeline which is the one that was tweeted.
"BUT ORAS AND..."
It was a tongue in cheek reference to the original games, it doesn't change the timeline or imply that it's a split timeline now. Obviously new stuff will be introduced each gen to get you interested and it's introduced as "new" or "just discovered" this happened all the way back in Gen 2 and Gen 3 we have all these new Pokemon and it takes place at the same time as Gen 1. Sure in the remakes they no longer say this since every "new" discovery is retconned to the past because they cant remake a game with less features than the current version. Who would've bought a remake if you could only still do the same stuff of the original?

If you want to get autistic about it then there are dozens of timelines since each version tells a slightly different story, which version is canon? X or Y? OR or AS? The third version is the canon version? Where did you pull that shit from your ass? That has never been stated you just assume since it's the newest version it's the canon version well the remakes are the newest versions. Hell the tweet doesn't mention FRLG it mentions Red and Green does that mean FRLG was never canon? it mentions RS not Emerald does that mean third versions are not in continuity? Who was the canon gym leader in in the last gym of BW? etc.

If you want to make 2 or 3 timelines then you have to go all out and make dozens of timelines, one where Blue is canon with gold another where Blue is canon with Silver, another where Red is canon with Gold and another where Red is Canon with Sil since different canon Pokemon appear in each version and you can do that for each fucking game release. and you get hundreds of timeline possibilities with just the games released.

TLDR Dont be autistic about the timeline and let it flow new functions will be retconned into existing before the game they were introduced.
Thread replies: 218
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.