[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was he right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 5
File: Screenshot_20160608-095853.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160608-095853.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
Was he right?
>>
Why is ORAS behind XY?
>>
>>26657040
Mr. Bonding get "created" in ORAS, and later he moves to Kalos.
>>
>>26657040
Have you not played the game?
>>
Was who right? About what?
>>
>>26657047
Oh yeah, forgot that
>>
>>26657047
>>26657040
>>26657019
doesn't mega evolution only get discovered in X/Y?
>>
>>26657019
Dunno who "he" is but yes, mostly. Yellow, Crystal and Emerald are the canon versions. Other than that, it's unclear.
>>
Why wouldn't the "classic" and "modern" timelines be connected?
>>
>>26657060
Rayquaza was the first mega evolved Pokemon
>>
>>26657066
I guess part of the reason is that transferring Gen II to Gen III isn't a thing and that we have remakes.
>>
>>26657066
remakes basically retcon it
>>
>>26657019
Partially right.

First problem;

Scratch the "Classic Timeline", it doesn't exist.

The most recent version of a game is always considered the Canon one.

Now the second problem is the implication that the "Mega Timeline" only has those two games. This is wrong. The games fit into the established timeline just fine. In fact, the writer of X/Y tweeted that X/Y happens alongside the events of B2/W2.

So, in actuality, while acknowledging that the multiverse means all games are technically possible, we have two IMPORTANT timelines.

>Pre-OR/AS
FR/LG = Emerald -> Platinum = HG/SS -> B/W -> B2/W2 = X/Y

>Post-OR/AS
FR/LG = OR/AS -> Platinum = HG/SS -> B/W -> B2/W2 = X/Y

The only difference is that the Post-OR/AS timeline exists under the understanding that Fairies and Mega Pokémon always existed. It's more of a soft retcon type deal.

The multi-verse aspect of things is actually minuscule. It's been canon since B/W, but nobody gave a damn about it because it affected/changed nothing. Zinnia's retardation brought it up again in another meaningless way.

The real question, is where will Sun/Moon fit? After X/Y/B2/W2?
>>
>>26657066
Because gen II Pokemon can't be sent to gen III
>>
>>26657019
Shit quality image OP
>>
>>26657109
ORAS confirms multiverse in the Delta Episode, it's safe to assume that Fairy Type and Mega Evolution exist in a different universe compared to the Gen III to V games.
>>
>>26657060
>>26657081
Yes and no

Megaevolution was treated as something just discovered in xy and Hard to get, in oras it was already mainstream

In any case the continuity is fucked up, half indicates thar oras can only come after and half thar it can only come before
>>
>>26657415
You've completely misunderstood my post.

I know the multiverse was discussed in OR/AS. It was actually brought into the story black in B/W, but nobody seems to remember that.

The point that I am making is that while OR/AS and X/Y are currently the only games with Fairy and Mega Pokémon, it does NOT mean that Gens 3-5 didn't happen in that timeline. In fact, the creators have said the opposite.

It just means that, in the "Mega Timeline", the other games DID happen. Just with Mega's and Fairies added. Similar to how Origins shows a version of FR/LG that we technically didn't play, with MegaEvolution. FR/LG still happened, right? Just in a Timeline where Mega's and Fairies exist. That's how the Pokémon continuity/timeline works now. It's a soft retcon that OR/AS added to basically say "hey, in this timeline, Mega's and Fairies have been here since the beginning!". Nothing else changes. Not unless they do more remakes to show actual changes.

>>26657445
Continuity is not fucked up, just being misunderstood. OR/AS come before. It even uses the X/Y lore to explain why Hoenn has so much prevalent Mega Pokémon.
>>
>>26657364
They can but you need peripheral shit.
>>
>>26657483
>It was actually brought into the story black in B/W, but nobody seems to remember that.

That wasn't quite the same. It's clear they were alluding to it, but in ORAS it was stated in the most on-the-nose fashion possible.

Unless I'm misremembering, it was alluded to that there might be another hero who may have formed their own bond with Reshiram or Zekrom, correct?

While this could have timeline implications, I always assumed it was more in reference to the main theme of ambiguity -- that to assume one is 'the hero' is to ignore any other heroism you aren't privy to.
>>
>>26657497
No, No they cannot. Not in any way, shape, or form.
>>
>>26657554
I was actually referring to the NPC who talked about traveling through a parallel universe where White Forest was a City. (Vice versa per version of course)
>>
ignore taco

http://orig09.deviantart.net/7d15/f/2016/069/7/f/timeline_of_pokemon_multiverse__table__by_ndelgenesis-d9u08xs.png

http://orig10.deviantart.net/a86f/f/2016/069/5/1/timeline_of_pokemon_multiverse_by_ndelgenesis-d9um1hy.png
>>
>>26657574
Oh yeah, that slipped my mind because it was done in a tongue in cheek manner. Not that makes it any less valid, but it just didn't stick out.

Thanks for the reminder about that, I'll carry the torch.
>>
BW1&2 are in the mega evolution timeline.
>>
File: Pokémon Timeline.png (342 KB, 500x1007) Image search: [Google]
Pokémon Timeline.png
342 KB, 500x1007
>>26657623
Stupidly over-complicating things, and also straight up wrong.

>>26657639
All the Gens are in the Mega-Evolution timeline. See: >>26657109

Here, I even dug out the tweet confirming it.
>>
Cyrus succeeded in destroying the world. After returning from the distortion world the world changed and allowed Mega Evolution.
Mega Fug was the first pokemon to mega evolve but it wasn't known.
>>
>>26657658
>a deleted tweet from years ago proves my headcannon
fuck off
>>
>>26657673
>headcanon
>tons of In-Game dialogue to prove it
That tweet wasn't a statement, it was a confirmation of what fans had already figured out.
>>
>>26657445
>Megaevolution was treated as something just discovered in xy and Hard to get, in oras it was already mainstream
Not even close, Mega evolution has been public for as long as the Tower of Mastery has been around but the stones were always hard to find in both ORAS and X and Y.
However in X and Y Sycamore was specifically studying it because it's still shrouded in mystery.

It was only ever treated as a new discovery in promotional materials like the site.
>>
ORAS and XY go where RSE and BW2 went in the original timeline, not 1-3 years. The game have just always followed the rule of "characters only age visibly when we feel like it".
>>
>>26657109
Once we get Gen 4/5 remakes, I think everything will fit together nicely
>>
>>26657415
So then why are Gen 1 and Gen 2 in the same universe? Gen 1 didn't have Steel and Dark
>>
>>26657658
You do realise this tweet was made before ORAS was finished and was only made by a single employee right?
Employees aren't exempt from making headcanons.

That said ORAS outright confirms that at least two different timelines exist and before you go on about "ZINNA WAS JUST SPECULATING!" she was speculating about sending the meteor to the other timeline rather than the fact that it exists.
For that she outright says he clan observed the other reality for generations.

Basically the timeline is

FRLG/RS > HGSS > DP very shortly after HGSS mind you > BW > BW2

And in the other timeline
ORAS > XY and the mega timeline counterparts of the ones not mentioned.
>>
>>26657759
I doubt there's going to be a gen 5 remake as much as another sequel
>>
>>26657772
So you're telling me in this Mega Timeline, that Team Rocket, Red, Lance, Galactic, Plasma, ect all don't exist, nor do any of the events surrounding them? Despite there being tons of references to them in X/Y?
>>
File: image.png (270 KB, 505x477) Image search: [Google]
image.png
270 KB, 505x477
Since we can transfer gen 1 Pokemon to Sun/Moon, 7th gen confirmed for "classic" timeline
>>
>>26657806
>and the mega timeline counterparts of the ones not mentioned.
They exist in the exact same places we just haven't seen them.
>>
>>26657772
>she was speculating about sending the meteor to the other timeline rather than the fact that it exists.

Eh, no.

I fully ascribe to the idea of a multiverse, and Zinnia's dialogue sets in motion, but there's some doublespeak at play.

>From generation to generation, we pass along the lore about the distortions in the world borne by the Mega Evolution mechanism
>And about the existence of another world, which we have long observed to be just like this one and yet not the same...

This only established it as part of Dranoid lore - this could be like the legend of the Regis hauling landmasses around with string.

The big about speculation, I think that came from one of the scientists at the Space Center, so it's not even relevant.
>>
>>26657822
Exactly. It's the same + Mega/Fairies.

Don't know why this is hard to understand for some people.
>>
>>26657772
Your first timeline makes a lot of sense, but I'm confused: why is it that X/Y, a game where we know very little about Mega Evolution, comes after ORAS, where almost everyone and their mother knows about Mega Stones?
>>
>>26657806
They exist, their games just don't. XY/ORAS happen in the same universe as the events that take place in FRLG, HGSS, Pt, BWBW2, just with added mega evolution and fairy types mixed in.
>>
>>26658008
That's literally what I am saying mate.
>>
>>26657969
Everyone and their mothers DO know about mega evolution in X and Y especially since a tower was erected solely for the person who first used it publicly and Korrina is known for using a Mega Pokemon.What they don't know is the finer parts of it like why it works or where they truly come from.

Also very few people actually have access to Sky Pillar so the true legend and when they first came about are relatively unknown to the masses.
>>
Seeing how mega evolution got retconned in SM, it seems like that there's now FOUR fucking timelines.
>>
>>26658024
>Everyone and their mothers

I get your point, but aren't there people in past games who barely grasped standard evolution? Should stand to reason not everyone 'gets' it.
>>
>>26658032
>Seeing how mega evolution got retconned in SM
Nice meme.
>>
>>26658032
>Retconned
>protag has a bracelet for it.
>>
>>26658032
Did you miss Pokkén, or what?

Mega's still exist, just get triggered differently due to the Synergy stones.

>thinking GF is just going to drop Mega's
They haven't even updated the Gen 1-6 Pokémon models, why would they just not include the Mega's?
>>
>>26658058
Are you stupid or something? It's not a Mega bracelet, it's a completly different thing.
>>
>>26658032
Hopefully SM wil be set in the future where megas are a common thing so the plot doesn't have anything to do with discovering about them again
>>
>>26658070
>implying it's not both
Are you being intentionally retarded? Because there's literally no way they're going to retcon such a game changing mechanic.

Also in the manga a refined keystone looks and is described colorwise as that.
>>
>>26658084
>Because there's literally no way they're going to retcon such a game changing mechanic.
The vast majority of the world hates the mechanic. Of course GF would retcon it.
>>
>>26658105
>The vast majority of the world hates the mechanic
You're kidding right.
>>
>>26658105
I know this is bait but it made me laugh so imma give you a (you)
>>
>>26658105
This ain't cross gen evos you little shit. People love mega evolution and their merch sells like god damn hotcakes.

It's literally only a handful on /vp/ and those same people cross posting who hates them.
>>
>>26658024
That makes sense, but then (and I might be just nitpicking here) how would you explain the decrease in number of available Megas in XY? Would it be simply because the Mega Stones just aren't in Kalos?
>>
>>26658153
Well mega stones come from space and Hoenn tends to have more meteorological events. Like the meteor that formed Sootopolis and Deoxys' in DE.
>>
>>26658181
Alright yeah that makes sense.
>>
>>26657663
That would be a great plot for DP remakes.
>>
>>26658401
Eh, it would require a retcon.
It would be better if they made DP sequels with DP Cyrus meeting DP-S Cyrus and creating distortions across the region that lead to either the distortion world or a small part of the DP universe.

Also traversing the distortion world to the lairs of different legendaries.
>>
Red and Blue ---> Gold and Silver ---> D/P == R/S == X/Y ---> B/W ---> B/W2
>>
>>26658455
Are you retarded?
That doesn't even make sense.
>>
>>26658455
What the fuck?

No.
>>
People keep forgetting you can send Pokemon from Red, Blue and Yellow over to Sun and Moon, thus time travel is a thing. If your Pokemon can time-travel, and you can only travel forward or back in time, every game takes place at once.
>>
>>26657561
Technically they can't.... yet. We'll be able to send pokemon from the virtual console versions of the gen I games to sun and moon.
>>
>>26658686
You can send pokemon forward and back in Gen I and II
>>
>>26657673
>>26657772
>my canon is more important than the canon of people working on the games.

Canon is created by people who work on the games.
>>
>>26657081
That's what you think, just wait until they make Mega Arceus.
>>
>>26657769
Gen2 specifically stated that Magnemite was always steel, it was just a recent discovery. Contrary to Gen 6 where megas and the fairy type has always ALWAYS been a thing.
gen2 also mentioned that new pokemon had been discovered, once again contrary to the more modern timelines where Golbat always had an evolution, Furfrou has been used for hundreds of years by wealthy folk, etc.
Gen2 is a true sequel, later gens retcon it
>>
>>26658032
nah Mega Evolution still exists. They just have something else they do thats similar to megas and probably also activates it or doesnt involve the trainer
>>
>>26658686
Can send to other worlds just like the meteor was going to be sent
>>
>>26658686
In gen 3-5, the transfer message says "arrived after a long travel through time" when you send a Pokemon from an older generation. If you send a Pokemon to gen 6 through Pokebank, the message changes to "arrived after a long travel through space and time".

Pokebank exists outside of space, so it can transfer between dimensions.
>>
There's only one timeline with alternate realities. There probably is no main timeline. It's whatever you play is main to you. You cross time and space when you play online against the people who also look like you from these other realities.

RBY/FRLG+RSE/ORAS
GSC/HGSS+DPP
BW
B2W2+XY
>>
>>26659229
Or more specifically...
R/B/Y/FR/LG + OR/AS
G/S/C/HG/SS + D/P/P
B/W
B2/W2 + X/Y
>>
>>26659259
Woops
R/S/E/OR/AS****
>>
>>26657019
ΩrAs is the only game in a different timeline.
RGBY and GSC got retconned.

FrLg = E
~ 3 years ~
HgSs = Pt
~ 4-7 years ~
BW
~ 2 years ~
B2W2 = XY

Though XY mentions mega evoltion having been used in the past, it's clear it's only recently been rediscovered and mega stones have only been found in the Kalos region. This, along with the recent discovery of the fairy type, can be attributed to the revival of Xerneas and Yveltal (in particular Xerneas which may have caused the mutation of the fairy type in previously non-fairy pokemon).

ΩrAs makes it clear that the fairy type and mega evoltions have not only been around and available for a while, but are widely distributed even outside of the Kalos region. If ΩrAs retconned RSE, this would cause a continuity issue with XY. However, the Delta episode makes it clear that multiple universes can exist, implying that these games alone exist in a seperate timeline.

The biggest thing to keep in mind however is that the japanese don't give a shit about continuity, so there might not even be any timelines in the first place.
>>
>>26659429
>A world where maybe the evolution of Pokémon took a slightly different path, where Mega Evolution is unknown... A world where that war 3,000 years ago...never happened. A world where the ultimate weapon was never even built.
Zinnia, if she's to be believed, makes it damn clear XY didn't happen in the previous timeline.
>>
>>26659429
Zinnia's comments place XY and ORAS in the same timeline. And since XY and BW2 go on at the same time, the only games that are not in the timeline are RGBY, GSC and RSE
>>
How do we know that the meteorite in the delta episode doesn't go through space to shatter above Kalos and start the mega stones there?
>>
>>26659613
Or, more likely, XY being quarantined to its own universe wasn't something they had thought of until ORAS.
>>
>>26657019
>people overthinking all of this to a ludicrous degree

All you have to do is realize that retcons happen.
>>
>>26657483
this

All the games have teh same timeline, but different universes.

This means there is a Kalo without mega evolution, and its story also happens 2 years after BW2, but in the Non-mega universe.

Also, the classic timeline isn't wrong, the first two games are insolated, they happen in the same timeline (maybe there is a Kalos where technology is basic) but in an lowtech universe.

I want games, or at least specials like Origins that shows these three different universe, one with a Non-mega kalos, one with a Mega Johto or Mega Sinnoh and one with low tech hoenn or Kalos.
>>
>>26657836
>tfw colress came so close to creating mega evolution in the original timeline
>despite being absolutely correct his theory remains unproveable
>>
>>26657813
You can also transfer Gen 5 pokemon to Gen 6. XY and ORAS confirmed part of Modern timeline?
>>
File: really.jpg (4 MB, 10000x8867) Image search: [Google]
really.jpg
4 MB, 10000x8867
>>26659429
>>
You people are literally so autistic that you actually believe there must be mutliverses to explain new features.

All games exist in the same fucking timeline, the differences existing solely due to when they were released.

(All years are hypotheticals to more easily illustrate dates):

2025: Red/Green/Blue (Yellow)
2026: Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald*
2028: Gold/Silver/Crystal
2030: Diamond/Pearl/Platinum
2034: Black/White
2036: Black/White 2, X/Y
2037: Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire*

*RSE/OrAs happen at two different times, with OrAs being canonical and RSE not.
>>
>>26660886
Well, guess what Mr. "everyone is autistic but me"

You're wrong. OR/AS is in the same point in time that the original Gen 3 was, and we know this because of multiple lines of dialogue in the games.
>>
File: tumblr_mp638rAZhk1svlgeso7_250.gif (444 KB, 152x98) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mp638rAZhk1svlgeso7_250.gif
444 KB, 152x98
>>26660886
> RSE -> 2026
> ORAS -> 2037
>>
>>26657561
They can but they were not intended to. I have my original team from my crystal cartridge on X.
>>
>>26657019
Timelines don't really matter to me, I play each game as though it's me as the trainer, not the character.
>>
Timelines:

· Classic
· 1996 - Red Green Blue (official date)
· 1997 - [Hoenn story in this timeline] (official temporal proximity regarding Kanto story)
· 1998 - [Nothing]
· 1999 - Gold Silver Crystal (official date)
· 2000 - [Sinnoh story in this timeline] (there is a official temporal proximity regarding Johto story)
· 2001 - [Nothing]
· 2002 - [Unova story in this timeline] (there is a official temporal remoteness regarding Sinnoh/Johto story)
· 2003 - [Nothing]
· 2004 - [Unova2 story in this timeline] (official date regarding Unova1 story)
· 2005 - [Kalos story in this timeline?]
· 2006 - [Alola story in this timeline?] (a decade after Kanto story, instead two?)

· Modern
· 1996 - FireRed LeafGreen (official date)
· 1997 - Ruby Sapphire / Emerald (there is a official temporal proximity regarding Kanto story)
· 1998 - [Nothing]
· 1999 - HeartGold SoulSilver (official date)
· 2000 - Diamond Pearl / Platinum (there is a official temporal proximity regarding Johto story)
· 2001 - [Nothing]
· 2002 - Black White (official temporal remoteness regarding Sinnoh/Johto story)
· 2003 - [Nothing]
· 2004 - Black 2 White 2 (official date regarding Unova1 story)
· 2005 - [Kalos story in this timeline?]
· 2006 - [Alola story in this timeline?] (a decade after Kanto story, instead two?)

· AZ's
· 1996 - [Kanto story in this timeline] (official date)
· 1997 - OmegaRuby AlphaSapphire (there is a official temporal proximity regarding Kanto story)
· 1998 - [Nothing]
· 1999 - [Johto story in this timeline] (official date)
· 2000 - [Sinnoh story in this timeline] (there is a official temporal proximity regarding Johto story)
· 2001 - [Nothing]
· 2002 - [Unova story in this timeline] (official temporal remoteness regarding Sinnoh/Johto story)
· 2003 - [Nothing]
· 2004 - [Unova2 story in this timeline] (official date regarding Unova1 story)
· 2005 - X Y
· 2006 - Sun Moon? (a decade after Kanto story, instead two?)
>>
>>26659429
>The biggest thing to keep in mind however is that the japanese don't give a shit about continuity, so there might not even be any timelines in the first place.
This this and holy shit this. This thread is just speculating about something that does not exist.
>>
>>26657445
>>26657483
Pokemon has always been like this. Gen II went whole hog "new Pokemon discovered, new types," etc. When that doesn't make much sense with the way the setting works and the age of things. And then it later games it's quietly dropped and we continue on as if the once new Pokemon and types were always there, just over in their own region. FRLG didn't even make Magneton pure Electric again. Retcons are the name of the game when it comes to changes in Pokemon and always have been.

The only thing different now is that the games made an actual explicit reference to their being a universe without the major Gen VI change.
>>
>>26659065
Well, in Furfrous case, of course it would have been around in Kalos for a long time. It's native to Kalos.

It's not like ONLY the original 151 existed everywhere until the new ones were "discovered".
>>
>>26659506
>>26659613
Keep in mind the Kalos war and creation of the ultimate weapon may have occurred in both universes. The universe Zinnia would have been referring to would've been at the start of the timeline with FrLg and Emerald, since Emerald and ΩrAs would've occurred at the same time in seperate universes, so if XY did occur in that universe, mega evolution wouldn't have been rediscovered yet.
>>
>>26658686
Pokebank is the series' Dark Tower, if you want to think about it like that.
It exists outside the universes but touches upon them in some way.
Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.