[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Being a Pokemon fan in the Military
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (93 KB, 500x425) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93 KB, 500x425
So I'm 20 years old, in the military, and I've been a huge Pokemon fan all of my life. I live on base around a bunch of other military members. I've been in for about 2 years now, and honestly haven't heard of or seen many people playing or even talking about Pokemon. Most people that I know do play video games of some sorts, and even watch anime and whatnot. But nobody is really a Pokemon fan around here, at least from what I can tell. I almost feel as if there is a stigma or something that comes with it. Even when I go to the Walmart or GameStop out in town, people look at me funny when they see the military haircut but I'm holding a pack of cards or a plush. It makes me feel pretty awkward about it, like I have to sneak to the register with it so nobody will judge me. I just wanted to know if there were any other Pokemon fans on this website who were in the military that get these same kind of reactions, and how it makes you feel or how to cope with it. I feel shameful sometimes that I have this deep obsession with Pokemon and nobody to share it with.
>>
>>26647419
All you can do is ignore other people, I know it's feels super awkward buying shit like Pokemon while wearing a uniform but you can't do anything about it other than do what you like.
>>
>>26647419

It's almost like it's a game for children :^)
>>
>>26647419
>when they see the military haircut
Literally why? EUmilitaryfag here, this makes no sense. Enlighten me, whats the point?
>>
In the finnish military (its mandatory for guys) everybody plays pokemon and theres even "pokemon of the day" every day after you have less than 151 days of service left
>>
>>26647563
>EU
>Military
???
>>
>>26647601
Fuck it. Sign me up!
>>
OP just don't stress about it. You like what you like. My daughter's godfather was deployed in Afghanistan for a while, and he's hardcore into marshmallow technicolor horses. If you like it, do it. You might even be able to get some of your base mates into it just by being confident about your hobbies.
>>
Don't worry about it lad
What are they gonna do? Pick on a soldier for wanting to enjoy himself?
>>
File: 2azs.jpg (10 KB, 155x160) Image search: [Google]
2azs.jpg
10 KB, 155x160
>>26647419
>I'm holding a pack of cards or a plush
>>
>>26647777
You stole my get fucking Anglo shill
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.