[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>he'll never come back and be the true big bad of xyz
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
>he'll never come back and be the true big bad of xyz
>>
>>26579775
>implying he wont interrupt the League
>>
File: Malamar.png (705 KB, 975x751) Image search: [Google]
Malamar.png
705 KB, 975x751
>>26579775

What happened to make them so fucking evil? Usually the anime and the games make a point that Pokemon go bad because they have bad/abusive trainers, but these guys were acting of their own accord.
>>
in my mind, malamar would make a perfect villain for a pokemon fantasy action adventure game, hypnotizing otherwise peaceful pokemon into going crazy and violent
>>
>>26579820
Just an inherent character trait.
>>
>>26579893

That doesn't really make much sense with what we know of Pokemon though, at least in the anime.
>>
>>26579775
They already came back, attempted to start third impact with their big instrumentality devices, got stopped by James's Inkay, and fucked off in their spaceship.

What more do you want?
>>
>>26579968
A gainax ending
>>
>>26579968

Answers.
>>
>>26579775
Malamar was the biggest disappointment for me in X/Y. It was seriously my favorite of the newly revealed Pokémon during that promo season. The design just clicked for me. But then:

>Find out it's a physical attacker and not special
>Doesn't learn Sucker Punch
>Abysmal stat distribution
>Contrary is fucking wasted on it because all it can use is Superpower
>Dies to a single U-turn
>Exclusive move Topsy-Turvy is gimmicky as fuck

Most disappoint mon ever. Maybe it'll get a Mega to beef up those awful stats and access to Sucker Punch, but for now it"s low tier garbage with a one trick pony set.
>>
>>26580610
>Malamar learns Close Combat, Hammer Arm, and Psycho Boost in the new gen

Better?
>>
>>26579908
Malamar is just pure evil. Had him on my team for the entirety of Y and felt bad using him against my friend.
>>
>>26580610
Why not teach it Trick Room?
>>
>>26579820
I don't watch the cartoons so it is very surprising and frightening to see how big that thing is.
>>
>>26580610
I was actually surprised it got Superpower as its Contrary move. I would have bet cold hard cash money it was gonna get Deoxys's Psycho Boost. They're so fast and loose with other signature moves and Deoxys was so old.
>>
File: 1381033703648.jpg (90 KB, 640x457) Image search: [Google]
1381033703648.jpg
90 KB, 640x457
>>26580785

It's only 4'11" in the games, but I tend to ignore that shit and just have a headcanon for Pokemon I think should be huge like Nidoking, Machamp, or Torterra.
>>
>>26580610
I.used one for a while, but I had to box it shortly after I bred and raised it because it was so bad
>>
>>26580767
Iirc, its speed is middle ground, and not optimal for tr
>>
>>26580000
checked
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.