[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I circled everything on the map that has any human settlement
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: alola painted.png (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
alola painted.png
2 MB, 1280x720
I circled everything on the map that has any human settlement of more than one building.
We now have
>way fewer cities than any Gen but1st gen.
>12 possible "cities" or villages at absolute most. This is enough for gym badges and E4 yes, but some of them are literally touching and probably the same place. Not to mention the starting town, and cities that don't look big enough or contain a gym.

What's going on with this region? I like how it looks but something doesn't seemt o eb adding up. I also have the feeling boats will be used far more than surf.
>>
Im gonna hold my breath until they show more cities/towns.
>>
>>26565680
>>26565819
Looks like top left and bottom right clouds are hiding shit as usual
>>
>>26565819
Dude I hope you're okay

>>26565942
I thought so for Kalos too and it was way more suspicious. I really don't think so this time.
>>
>>26565942
>Kalos clouds hid nothing
>ORAS Hoenn clouds was solely to hide lack of the fucking battle frontier

Don't get your hopes up
>>
>>26565680
Keep an open mind to not all gyms having to appear in cities. If it's more explore-y, you might have to trudge through some deep caves to find the leader. Certainly more of a test than some trainers that stand around and talk down to you.
>>
best way to tell how many places there are, count the Pokemon Centers, I count 12-13 which I think is the standard amount.
I'm not sure that the icy part is the league just yet...I'd prefer Ice routes be earlier in the region than later again.
>>
Can I just be completely serious, for just a moment?

..................I do not see how they're fitting 8 gyms on that map.
Most of the things OP circled are right next to each other. I personally can't see there being more than 5 gyms maximum on those 4 islands.
>>
>>26565680
You missed out one in the first island, which has 3, not two. Unless you counted it.

I feel that the map is just stylised and the overworld is different when we get closer.

Also snowcapped confirmed
>>
File: pkmns3k.png (1 MB, 1276x712) Image search: [Google]
pkmns3k.png
1 MB, 1276x712
OP, I've updated it to circle more areas that MAY be populated, and anywhere that quite visibly has a Pokemon Center that you've missed. I am however more interested in the two sparsely populated islands I've circled in green
>>
G-GUYS.
WHAT IF THAT MIDDLE THING IS SOME SORT OF ENTRANCE TO A MASSIVE UNDERGROUND CITY OF SORTS?
>>
>>26566213
They don't always put in all the buildings on the maps, i.e Unova map and the routes appear much smaller on the art map but are larger in the game. I too thought that the towns are too close together for there to be distance between gyms.
I hope it doesn't do a Kalos and have the gym 4-8 go pretty much straight after each other, I liked the space between gyms 1-2
>>
>>26566176
That's what I'm thinking might happen. It could make for a really cool experience.

>>26566203
>standard
Kanto had 10 towns plus a league. Kalos has 17. 12 is not standard anymore.

>>26566213
>>26566332
>>26566253
I don't really see it either, at least not the way it is now.
The first island doesn't have 3, both maps have shown that "third" city has only two buildings, and the one between the cities is literally the Professor's lab.

>>26566309
Those islands will hopefully be just for exploring and legends.

What's interesting is that the left Island technically has no human settlement. The entire city is built on the water so it's probably a sacred place or something. I remember an Hawaiin poster saying something about an island no foreigners were allowed on.

>>26566319
Let's hope. Evil team Accidentally reviving an ancient civilization sounds dope. Just use the plot from Night Elf campaign in the Frozen Throne
>>
Imagine all the islands together, just one big landmass.

To me, it seems even bigger than Kalos. I think the region is big enough.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.