[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It still hurts...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: 20140926173508[1].png (484 KB, 646x287) Image search: [Google]
20140926173508[1].png
484 KB, 646x287
It still hurts...
>>
>>26552387

What?
>>
I liked 'em. Only disappointment was no Frontier.
>>
I enjoyed it.
>>
>>26552624
Thats why everyone says the games are shit tbqh.
>>
Remakes where a mistake
>>
>>26552672
Frontier's rad, but it's not the only thing that makes a Pokemon game good.
>>
>>26552672
People say their shit because they don't have any postgame facilities except for the battle tower, copied and pasted from X and Y. That's been there since crystal. Just he weakest ending to a generation since gen 1.
>>
>>26552387
The problem is they aren't bad games, there's just so mediocre in everything they do and could have had a lot more like HGSS/BW2 did.
>>
>Hoenn is shit aside from the Battle Frontier
>remake is shit

Geez, I wonder
>>
>>26552738
This
>>
File: 1462520329742.jpg (1 MB, 1960x3507) Image search: [Google]
1462520329742.jpg
1 MB, 1960x3507
The original ruby and sapphire didn't have a battle frontier of course the remakes wouldn't have have them GF is all about preservation why is everybody so butthurt(I'm disappointed too but I was it coming). When DP remakes come and theres no distortion world everyone will rage again.
>>
>>26552882
saw it coming *
>>
>>26552882
>original GS didn't have a battle Tower
or even a battle frontier yet they still managed

>RBY didn't have a battle tower

They added one

Fuck off
>>
>>26552882
The original Ruby and Sapphire were garbage anyway, hoenn is the worst region
>>
>>26552913
Crystal had a tower you retard, hell the only reason the crystal shit got in was because
1) It didn't change much of GS unlike Emerald for RS
2) GS was so devoid of content it was laughable that anyone could find it good.

>They added one
>implying trainer tower is a battle tower
Fuck off.
>>
>>26552949
>GS was so devoid of content it was laughable that anyone could find it good.

You know you could say the same about Hoenn considering it only had only Hoenn where GS had Kanto for a postgame. (I know it's not an entire region but fuck off GS had more to do than RS)

Points aside when 2 places only have the battle tower and then the games with the 3rd version having the battle tower whereas the 3rd version introduced the whole battle frontier and then when they each get remade the one that never had it gets it, rather than the region that introduced it?
>>
>>26553120(me)
That made no sense let me fix it

-3rd version of region creates battle tower
-ends up getting Battle frontier in remakes

-Had Battle Tower in Originals
-3rd version makes up a battle frontier

-Is stuck with battle tower only in remakes
>>
>>26553120
>(I know it's not an entire region but fuck off GS had more to do than RS)
HAHAHA
No.

Johto not only remains the smallest region to date with a mutilated Kanto but had nothing to do other than battling, it didn't even have a safari zone for a change of pace. You couldn't do anything else other than that leaving you with a very boring game.

In RS now you had the Safari Zone in addition to the Contests with the berry blender minigame and Secret bases as well as a new Game Corner game. Even though it was finite there was also the Trick Master. You know, shit that actually falls under new and more content as opposed to a cheap revisit.

>>26553145
See >>26552949
Specifically
>1) It didn't change much of GS unlike Emerald for RS
>>
>>26553211
>It didn't even have a Safari Zone
Funny to mention that anon whereas HGSS created a brand new one and new routes in their game ORAS literally removed and turned it into another route

I'll give that only Johto is pretty small, but
>What is Red

Can you explain why the region that introduced the battle frontier, don't have it? Like why?

Then the games creating the battle tower are remade into a frontier
>>
>>26553211
But the Berry Blender, Safari Zone and Game Corner were all gimped/removed.

Johto had the Bug Catching Contest btw
>>
>>26553211
I don't get the argument that its more acceptable to not put in Emerald stuff when its a lot more to lose.
>>
>>26553293
>Funny to mention that anon whereas HGSS created a brand new one and new routes in their game
And it was slammed hard as the worst iteration because of the arbitrary wait times, square layouts and poor customization and is the main cause as to why we don't have one today.

>>What is Red
Another regular battle but with a nostalgia factor?
What exactly is different here?

>Can you explain why the region that introduced the battle frontier, don't have it? Like why?
>>1) It didn't change much of GS unlike Emerald for RS

>Then the games creating the battle tower are remade into a frontier
They literally just copy and pasted it into Johto anon.

>>26553323
>But the Berry Blender, Safari Zone and Game Corner were all gimped/removed.
Keeping in mind that particular part of the conversation isn't about the remakes but the original games.

>Johto had the Bug Catching Contest btw
>straight battles with a single pokemon
And?
>>
>>26552949
>GS was so devoid of content it was laughable that anyone could find it good.
This is what Hoennbabbies actually think
>>
>>26553363
Nice try, started with Red came back with Plat.
>>
>>26553363
GS was pretty devoid of meaningful content, but so was Hoenn.

DP is pretty much the only game that isn't a re-release or remake with a sizable amount of optional content on top of a decent maingame. Maybe BW1.
>>
File: Junichi_Masuda.png (243 KB, 269x395) Image search: [Google]
Junichi_Masuda.png
243 KB, 269x395
HGSS added a battle frontier that GS didn't have.

Literally no excuse.

Masuda is fucking cancer.
>[laughs] we want the mobile audience [laughs] and kids today don't care about the frontier [laughs] it wasn't worth the effort [laughs]
>>
>>26553360
Worst version>>>>>>Fucking removing it when it was already in the region before it. (RBY safari zone's are broken, and they did a good job in big fixes from gen 1 to 2)

Yes they coppies and pasted the battle frontier, but it was something people liked, not the fucking battle Maison
>>
>>26553378
>DP is pretty much the only game that isn't a re-release or remake with a sizable amount of optional content on top of a decent maingame.
Nah, DP was pretty bad too especially since some shit was just hoenn content with shit removed.
>>
>>26553381
HGSS only added the Frontier because they could copypaste it from Platinum, like how ORAS copypasted the Maison.

Masuda wasn't the director of ORAS anyways, and they're right that kids wouldn't care about the Frontier, they didn't back in the day either. Adults though, or even teens? That's another story, and something they should've thought of.
>>
>>26553293
Hey guy. If GF cared about ORAS why was the bundle 200 potions?

Like holy fuck you got to be kidding me.

HGSS created a top of the line Pedometer (http://archive.news.iastate.edu/news/2011/apr/Pokewalker)and FRLG created that wireless adaptor for battles
>>
>>26552705
>Has delta episode

Although it could have been better, and had anime esque cheesy writing it was still more ambitious and interesting than any plot in any pokemon game, despite maybe bw/bw2
>>
>>26553431
Shit I fucked up my link

http://archive.news.iastate.edu/news/2011/apr/Pokewalker
>>
>>26553388
>Worst version>>>>>>Fucking removing
You're kidding right?
Not only was the variety in the place piss poor to start with but you had to look up a guide and wait literally months to fix that shit on top of the usual random aspect and rarity bullshit that the Zone usually has.

In this case removing >>>shit>>> worst version because no one liked that bullshit.

>but it was something people liked
Don't speak for everyone there kiddo, the butthurt when it was revealed was hilarious.
>>
File: file.png (231 KB, 419x381) Image search: [Google]
file.png
231 KB, 419x381
>>26553431
Pokewalker was done because of the Pocket Pikachu 2, and even then the pedometer tech was already used by another DS Nintendo game. The wireless adapter was also a general accessory Nintendo was putting out for the GBA, and they just bundled it with Pokemon because like how almost no one actually bothered with the Link Cable for the GB before Pokemon no one would've bothered with the WA without it coming with FRLG.

If ORAS had anything, it would've had the Amiibo reader and Amiibo cards to play in with the E-Reader cards Gen III had from back in the day, but it came a year too soon. If only they did Z first, then it would've probably had a copypasted Frontier or something too.
>>
>>26553435
>Delta episode

>Better writing than BW

I'm a SinnohFetus but what fuck are talking about. That thing has been their fucking passion project and they have said its their favorite game you faggot
>>
>>26553431
Because there was also a steelbook and figures?
I think some places even gave you a plush toy with it.

Meanwhile HG/SS only got a useless gimmick that made the thing absurdly expensive.
>>
>>26553475
>If ORAS had anything

BUT IT FUCKING DIDNT RIGHT?
>>
>>26553480
BW may have been their passion project, but the plot is still shit.

Delta Episode has shit writing too though, it seems whenever GF tries to do a good plot it's always a mess.
>>
>>26553480
Dude, you read his post wrong.
He said it was better than the usual Pokemon plots except BW/BW2.
>>
>>26553487
Nope. But there isn't something inherently wrong with that either.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.