[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Typings
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5
File: 2000624.jpg (733 KB, 1200x720) Image search: [Google]
2000624.jpg
733 KB, 1200x720
So amongst all the hubbub and shitposting thats been going on with the starter evolutions, I was hoping that we could have some actual decent discussion on the potential typings of their evolutions, and the typings of the legends too.
Here are the typings that I think are most likely, in order of most preferred to least preferred

Rowlet:
Grass/Flying

Its a fucking owl it should be Grass/Flying

Litten:
Fire/Poison
Fire/Ghost
Fire/Dark
Fire

I really want Litten to be fire/poison cause its a pretty cool unique typing, and I think it could happen with the potential for the Brimstone marking on its forehead. Its a black cat so it could be a spooky Fire/Ghost, and Fire/Dark would be the obvious typing.

Popplio:
Water/Fairy
Water/Psychic
Water/Fighting

It has a circus theme, so it could be either a fairy or psychic clown, or a fighting strongman. The website does say it sometimes uses too much strength.

Solgaleo:
Fire/Electric
Fire/Psychic
Fire

Sun=Fire. The way it has some yellow in its design could indicate electric, which makes sense cause the sun is all about energy, and fire and electric are both energetic types. Psychic cause the way the cosmic part of its head looks.

Lunaala:
Ghost/Fairy
Ghost/Psychic
Dark/Fairy
Dark/Psychic
Fairy/Psychic

It looks very etherial, which to me indicates ghost type, and its association with the moon makes me think its a fairy type. It could also stand for darkness, giving it a dark type, and the way its always floating and because it looks like Olympia I could see it as a psychic type.

What do you guys think?
>>
Solgaleo is Fire/Sound and Lunaala is Cosmic/Flying.
>>
I believe in the leaked starter types so
>Grass/Ground
>Fire
>Water/Fighting

As for the legends
I think the Sun one will be Psychic/Fire
And the Moon one will be Psychic/Fairy
>>
>>26358284
I'm thinking Fire/Psychic and Fairy/Flying.
>>
>>26358284
Solgaleo
Looks like a Fire/Fighting maybe even pure Fire
>>
I think the legends will be part Psychic because that seems to be the type they always use for space related mons.
>>
Grass/Flying
Fire/Dark
Water/Fairy

Fire/Fairy or Psychic
Fairy/Flying or Psychic/Fly
>>
>>26358284
They wont change the owl's typing. They wont confuse kids like that.
Also, they data mined the Japanese website-
Grass/flying
Fire/Ground
Water/Fighting

Solgaleo- Fire/Electric
Lunaala doesnt seem to be able to ground down because it has no feet. Should have levitate-
Ghost/Psychich is my bet
>>
I'm kinda leaning towards those leaked Starter types that showed up (Fire/Ground, Grass/Flying, Water/Fighting). I honestly have no clue what the 2 mascots types will be., which is really exciting.
Every time we get new mascots, they look more mysterious and hard to identify their type. Groudon surprised me by NOT being a Fire type. Just looking at Palkia, I never would have guessed it was a Water type, or Reshiram and Zekrom, literally nobody thought Electric and Fire, and Xerneas surprised us by being a completely new type. A lot of people are saying Fire for the sun mascot, and that makes sense, because it was shown using a Fire attack in the trailer, but who's to say it might be completely different? Not saying a brand new type, but something we're not expecting.
>>
>>26358284
Honestly the legends could probably be steel types. Lunaala could be Fairy or Psychic while Solgaleo is probably going to be Fire.
>>
>>26358924
But Palkia wasn't Psychic
>>
>>26358981
True but that's a different meaning of the word space.
>>
Diggin' that artwork OP posted. Love seeing artwork of the regional starters and the game mascots together for some reason.
>>
>>26358981
do people actually not know the difference between palkia's space and outer space
>>
>>26358967
>Not saying a brand new type, but something we're not expecting.
This, I hope the two of them have types that none of us would actually expect.
>>
>>26358936
>People bring up the Jap website leak
>Always ignore the fact that Ground came after Flying and Before Fire
Starters' Primary types are always first so why would ground be before Fire? It works if it replaces Flying on Rowlet instead.
Not saying that ether one is confirmed, but it has just as much evidence toward it.
>They won't confuse kids like that
I don't see how that's confusing. Plenty of pokemon change secondary or even primary types when they evolve.
I know it's a starter so it's not exactly the same as a regular pokemon, but isn't it along the same line as Chesnaught gaining fighting type even though it's not really apparent at first? Would you consider that confusing?
>>
>>26359030
Anon just said space-related mons
>>
Gonna go and bet the box legends are going to be part Psychic, Solgaleo being Electric/Psychic, maybe it could have an attack that does both Electric and Fire damage, or just Fire/Psychic. For Lunaala I think it's either going to be Ghost/Psychic or Ghost/Fairy, as a lot of things that are Fairy type seem to be connected to the Moon for some reason.
For the starters, I'm going with the datamined Grass/Flying, Fire/Ground, Water/Fighting, though whatever it sends up being is good to me and have no strong preference whatsoever
>>
>>26359058
chespin gaining fighting type is a lot more plausible than an owl pokemon losing its flying type in favor of ground
>>
>>26359132
Not that guy, but I still don't see how it would be "confusing". I think what they'd be going for is "surprising"
>>
>Lunaala is Ghost/Fairy
Looks ghostly; Fairy's association with the moon.
>Solgaleo is Fire/Electric
Fire type signature; stars being made of plasma, which lightning is also.
>>
Grass/flying
Fire/ground
Water/fighting

Fire/fairy solgaleo
Dark or ghost /fairy for lunaala

Fairy will be the new go-to type for legends for a bit. As psychic and dragon used to be. Just a guess but it wouldn't surprise me.
>>
>>26358284
Grass/Flying
Fire/Poison
Water/Fighting
Fire
Ghost/Flying

These are my favorites.
>>
Fire/Electric and Ghost/Fairy jive the best with me
>>
File: tumblr_o6zdhkf36f1um2n7yo1_500.jpg (45 KB, 500x431) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o6zdhkf36f1um2n7yo1_500.jpg
45 KB, 500x431
>Rowlet seems to have a little tuxedo on HIM
>Evolves into Hootman, enhaces the more "masculine" aspects of the design, Pokedex describes him as a gentleman
>Last stages gains Dark type, called Katanaclaw, now uses a sort of grass hat and seems to cover its face with it most of the time
>Pokedex says he tried to be nice but had no choice
>>
>>26359132
There are such things as burrowing owls you know.
>>
>>26359058
>why would ground be before Fire?
They most likely get a webdesigner to do the website, instead of an actual person in the development team, and its the background code. They cab easily switch the place where they are in the final webpage.
Hypothetically, they most likelt gave the guy a list of things and he just switched them by "accident"

>Would you consider that confusing?
Maybe I see things different because my sister is 10 years younger than me and I saw her playing pokemon for the first time when i was on mt 20s
But on pokemon like chestnaght when you evolve then they have the pokedex page and it creates a "oh! It got a new type!" Reaction. By this time kids have seen this kind of thing, speciallt if they evolve the regional bug.
Very few pokemon actually chanfe type, scizor being the only one that comes to mind right now, but he involves a gimick: trading with an item.
With starters, kids get used to fighting with them, they know the the best: what they are weak or strong against. A 3 year old will relly on his starter when in doubt, specially since it usually is their stronger pokemon. Changing the typing makes makes them throw away all they learned previously.
"Kids should learn how to use other pokemon"
Thats what your rival is for. And again, we are talking about the 3 or 4 year old children the game is aiming for, who will most likely pick the cute owl as their starter
>>
>>26359235
So it turns into Edgelord: The Pokemon
>>
>>26359235
>>26359292

id actually be ok with this
>>
>>26359235
>All 3 pokemon evolve into the opposite of what they are perceived as at first glance out of circumstance
>Popplio becomes a bully
>Rowlet becomes euphoric
>Litten becomes Fire/Fighting
>>
have you guys not watched the trailer

the types for the starters have already been shown
>>
>>26358932
Dark/Fairy you mean
>>
>>26359347
>I didn't read the thread
>I'm too stupid to comprehend from the OP that the thread is about final evolutions

Fuck off retard
>>
>>26359276
I don't think Game Freak would allow anyone working for them to mess up on something as simple and important as typing.
>>
>>26359257
Burrowing owls can fly.
>>
>>26359496
So can Golurk
>>
>>26359554
Which has nothing to do with Rowlet.
>>
>>26359485
Its not messing, it is the "background"
Messing up would be putting rowlette as fire.
The code names can be displayed and arranged on the right order.
All you need is a drag and drop, pretty much.
The typings are still associated rightly.
This also the only "leak" we got that is on par with the trademarks
>>
>>26359597
No. Ground should not be before Fire.
And it's less of a leak and more "combing through coding and speculating despite having no idea what Game Freak was thinking when uploading images."
>>
>>26359572
The insinuation is that a pokemon who loses a flying type in favor of a ground one can neither appear as a pokemon capable of flight or in fact fly.
>>
File: bait.png (58 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
bait.png
58 KB, 625x626
>>26359347
>>
personally i think that the starters could be really cool.
If rowlett does get the grass/ground then he will probably be that burrowing owl people keep metntioning if not then grass/flying will be cool.

i want litten to become fire/ground cus im imagining a fire tiger thing with hard, ground type skin with lava flowing as the stripes and that seems fucking awesome altho he will becom a bitch to water, but dark or poison would be really cool aswell altho id prefer poison over dark.

popplio is my favourite and i like the fake clown going about but i have no idea for him apart from psychic would be awesome or again cus of the clown fighting would be cool, like he could create the bubbles with his nose and somehow make them dense as shit then beat the pokemon to a pulp which would be cool.

but yeah thats what im hoping for
>>
HEY GUYS LUNAALA WILL BE DARK/COSMIC AND SOLGALEO WILL BE LIGHT/COSMIC

ALSO COSMIC TYPE CONFIRMED MY DAD LIVES IN SEREBII
>>
The whole japanese site datamining is fucking shit and doesnt really prove anything
>>
god lunaala is so ugly and has a stupid name
>>
>>26358932

This exactly except Dark/Fairy with Levitate for Lunaala.
>>
File: 1463267527441.jpg (108 KB, 1136x869) Image search: [Google]
1463267527441.jpg
108 KB, 1136x869
>>26358284
Rowlet
>Grass/Flying

Litten
>Fire/Dark

Popplio
>Water/Fairy

Solgaleo
>Fire/Electric

Lunaala
>Dark/Fairy
>>
This has nothing to do with the thread but it doesn't warrant a new one: Where are these names for the legendaries coming from?
>>
>>26361532
There was a trade mark leak that released all of the names. The startery names confirmed them and there was one extra name that we don't know who it belongs too. I think it was called marshadow
>>
>>26359636
>having no idea what Game Freak was thinking when uploading images."
We arent talking about a gamedeveloper.

This is the code. If you ever see a speedrunner they will explin that things are layered a certain way, end game data can be in the middle of the game, but its displayed differently.
This date in the website cant be ignored, the person who areanges the way the page looks in charge of organising that the typing is displayed correctly
>>
FIRE
FIGHTING
>>
>>26358284
Grass/Flying Fire/Dark pure Water, Normal/Fire Ghost/Flying. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>26362193
Why the fuck did you make a new thread about this?
>>
>>26358857

>cosmic

here's your reply
>>
Rowley should stay grass/flying
Litten I'd be happy with ground dark or poison as the second typing
Popplio I bet will either be fighting or fairy.

Solgaleo I would love to be fire/fairy
Lunaala I don't really care about desu
>>
>>26361392
Literally this, but Lunaala Ghost/Fairy
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.