[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gen 7 Branched Evos
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: Branched_evolution.png (172 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Branched_evolution.png
172 KB, 640x480
People keep fighting over whether Rowlet will retain flying or become grass/ground, but I just have to ask, has no one considered:

Branched evolutions?

There hasn't been a single starter with a branched evolution yet. Maybe this is the gen where all three get one?

Rowlet: Grass/Flying or Grass/Ground
Litten: Fire/Ground or Fire/Dark
Popplio: Water/Fighting or Water/Fairy

It'd make sense in the context of Hawai'i being a series of islands and how actual, real-life evolution works.

It's just a theory...
>>
Actually i believe masuda said they wont do that anymore because of complaints
>>
Would definitely like this
>>
>>26332051

The people who complained were fucking morons. We've gotten more GOOD cross-gen evolutions than bad, yet people only seem to ever remember the handful of stinkers (and which ones are stinkers will depend on who you ask).
>>
>>26332051
Won't do branched evos anymore? Why?

>>26332062
They could also simply remove the first evolution, since people really don't give a shit about those. Have them evolve later into a branched.
>>
>Litten gets a branched evolution
>both of them are bipedal fire/fighting
>>
I can't find anything about Masuda cancelling branched evos becaus of criticism
>>
>>26332051
Sauce
>>
Mite b cool
>>
Sounds awesome but not gonna happen
>>
>>26332051
I think that was just about cross gen evos. Which is retarded since megas are basically the same thing.
>>
>>26333034
No more cross-gen evos? They were one of the best things to come out of Gen IV, and I can name a bunch of Pokès that could you use an evo. Does that mean no baby Pokèmon either?
>>
>Evolution is one of the defining characteristics of the Pokémon games; however, if we were to just add another stage of evolution and make it a permanent thing, that would mean there is just now stronger Pokémon than the current highest evolution stage. It would make the previous Pokémon weaker and mess with the balance.
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/interview/35513/pokemon-x-and-y-interview-with-game-freak
That's the nail in the coffin.
>>
>>26333034
Not really. Megas are a way of making Pokemon (more) competitively viable but since it's not permanent you don't risk pissing off people that prefer the old design.
>>
>>26333856
That's too bad. I definitely prefer branched evolutions to trade evolutions.

Actually, when's the last Pokemon that needed a stone to evolve? Did Gen 6 have any?
>>
>>26333856
>>26333910

He's talking about not adding a fourth stage of evolution instead of Megas, you dumbasses, not cross-gen evos.
>>
File: 1281566998496.jpg (22 KB, 444x322) Image search: [Google]
1281566998496.jpg
22 KB, 444x322
>>26332036

Why the flying fuck do you want it to be ground so bad

It would literally be worse than grass/flying
>>
>>26333910
Florges, Aegislash and Heliolisk.
I believe I'm missing one more.
>>
>>26333856
Fuck
>>
>>26332036
For starters? Fuck that.
For old mom who need a boost but not a mega? Sure.
>>
>>26333900
But people who prefer the old design for cross-gen evos can't just not evolve their pokemon. Cross-gen evos are actually better than megas for people who prefer the old designs, since now your have the benefit of being able to use eviolite.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.