[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ohmura does the Official Pokemon Art now
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7
File: image.png (996 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
image.png
996 KB, 1280x1280
Here is a drawing by Sugimori:
http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/9/95666/1896500-n_pokemon_black_white_trainer_unova_leader.png

And here is a drawing of the same character by Ohmura:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-SOB-jSndago/VXx-xXMTC-I/AAAAAAAAAAA/aVOr02cJ7No/s1600/Black_2_White_2_N.png

As you can see, Sugimori's lines aren''t as sharp or clean, and his coloring is way more dull as compared to Ohmura who's coloring is vibrant and lush with very clean, sharp lines. Sugi also almost never adds little splotches and specs of light on to his colors for shading, while Ohmura does(all three Alola starters have this)

Now take a look at the art for the new Gen 7 Pokemon and it is painfully clear that it is Ohmura's art. Ohmura has finally taken over.

Sugimori barely made it through the XY design process without having others finish his designs when he couldn't. Game Freak has been giving Ohmura more and more design control as of late, and now with Gen 7, Ohmura is doing the official Pokemon art.
>>
Looks nicer.
>>
>>26310327
Not saying Ohmura didn't draw this, but artists change over time. Compare Gen 3 pokémon artwork to say Gen 5's and you'll notice differences
>>
>>26310327
i must say that this is quite concerning. Ohmura's style is just annoying in my opinion
>>
>>26310327
so this is why the new designs are garbage
>>
>>26310443
>Game Freak has been phasing Ohmura in more and more since Gen 5
>Ohmura had to finish a good chunk of Sugi's art when he couldn't during XY
>Same exact art style of a person they already have working for them (Ohmura)
>Sugi getting near retirement

It's Ohmura's art
>>
>>26310650
>Sugi getting near retirement
Is this true?
>>
>>26311111
Hey I just realized I got a pretty cool post number
>>
>>
>>26311111
NICE QUINTS
>>
>>26311700
This just makes me sad that Ohmori is taking over.
>>
>>26311700
>>26312568

That awful "Sugi" art on the right is dogshit. Who drew that garbage?

Ohmura is a god.
>>
>>26313032
Obviously not actually Sugi, but the style on the right is better.
>>
File: 1452407933448.gif (622 KB, 375x211) Image search: [Google]
1452407933448.gif
622 KB, 375x211
>>26311700
Anyone else think the visible teeth on the girls on the left just makes them look cuter? Look at Bianca. Left is far cuter.
>>
>>26313831
In what fucking world?
>>
File: SQUIDWARD_.png (38 KB, 175x200) Image search: [Google]
SQUIDWARD_.png
38 KB, 175x200
>>26313831
is this bait
>>
>>26314136
In the world where only the bottom four characters are on the chart.

Top four are better on the left, bottom four are better on the right. Bianca looks semi-retarded in both, though.
>>
>>26311700
The left is much better
>all those horse faces on the right
>>
>>26314701
No. The left chart is still better.
>>
>>26314701
You obviously lack an artistic eye if you don't think left is superior.
>>
>>26310568
Designs ≠ art
>>
>>26314136
>>26314642
Not bait. At all.

Skyla actually looks like she belongs in a Pokemon game on the right.

Ohmori's eyes look like a completely separate series. I like the taller, thinner eyes of Sugimori.
>>
>>26315237
And old Sugi art looks like a completely seperate series to new Sugi art. Get the fuck over it. Ohmura's art is perfectly fine as is and doesn't need to be dumbed down to accommodate your autism.
>>
>>26311111
He's 50. For a game designer, that's over the hill.

But we're talking Japan here, where senior developers keep working until death and never let anyone else have a go, so I don't think he'll retire any time soon. He MIGHT, but the work culture they have doesn't make it a sure thing.
>>
File: Sugimori and Ohmura.png (336 KB, 486x427) Image search: [Google]
Sugimori and Ohmura.png
336 KB, 486x427
Yusuke Ohmura is great and I like him.
>>
OP and the legendarys? Who made them?
>>
>>26310327
>Sugimori finally retiring
I'm ok with this
>>
>>26315302
But my mommy says I'm special
>>
>>26315622
Ohmura. It's his signature style.
>>
The in-game models would look SO much better if they were based off Ohmura's designs. Sugi draws the characters' eyes SO fucking big and soulless, and especially on the male characters it makes them look so feminine. I hope by gen 8 we have Ohmura doing all the design and artwork.
>>
>>26316128
Shit taste brohammed
>>
>>26316370
get lost niggarino
>>
>>26310327

This is what, the third time you made this thread OP and you still have no idea of what you are talking about

>Sugimori barely made it through the XY design process without having others finish his designs when he couldn't.

you don't know that. in xy he had that famous artist block with the main legendaries but ohmura HELPED him and sugimori FINISHED their designs. and that's ALL we know about what sugimori designed in XY. hw do you know that he couldn't finish any of his other designs?

> Game Freak has been giving Ohmura more and more design control as of late

there is no way of knowing this. more and more? there are other designers working at GF.
just because he DREW them doesnt mean that he DESIGNED them or taht he has more control.

>>26310650

>Ohmura had to finish a good chunk of Sugi's art when he couldn't during XY

get your facts right, read what I wrote above

>retirementt meme

possible but as of now its as believable as "tajiri has assburgers" meme

>>26312568

in XY sugimori did a lot of artwork. so I don't see how he "took over"

>>26315622

> Who made them?

as in who designed them? we don't know (yet)
who drew the art? any of this could have happened

>sugimori doesn't do the art anymore. so ohmura or any other artist did it.
people say ohmura because the sahding and coloring in the new art is pretty similar to ohmura's previous artwork)
>sugimori changed his artsyle.
sounds like a really weird thing to do now, at this stage in his artistic career. but possible
>sugimori did the initial drafts and another artist finished the lineart and coloring.

>>26316128

average vp shitposter who has no clue of what he is talking about.
>>
>>26316583
>average vp shitposter who has no clue of what he is talking about.

Nigga go fuck yourself, I literally just said my opinion and you come in here running your mouth like you know everything. Comin in here lookin like Booger Lips and shit, spouting some bullshit no one wants to hear. Give me a fucking break fool.
>>
>>26316583
>I n XY sugimori did a lot of artwork. so I don't see how he "took over"
TAKING over, I said. Which is made pretty clear since Ohmori did the starters' artwork, when he never had before.
>>
>>26316583
Get a load of this faggot!
>>
>>26317165

you must be this retard >>26316604

get over it
>>
File: loser.png (7 KB, 447x117) Image search: [Google]
loser.png
7 KB, 447x117
>>26317291
Actually no that's not me you freak.
>>
Sugimori is old as shit though. It only makes sense that younger, just as talented (if not more) guy take over.
>>
>>26317334
>50
>old
>>
>>26310327
Thank god, Sugi's art has always been a little clunky and awkward.
>>
File: xy10087.jpg (67 KB, 354x498) Image search: [Google]
xy10087.jpg
67 KB, 354x498
We need more Ohmura rocket girls.
>>
Bump for interest
>>
>>26317725
>Ohmura
What?
>>
>>26317725
>"Artist: Hitoshi Ahigo"
Suuuuuuure.
>>
I kind of prefer the muted colours, ohmura's style looks a little too cartoony for my taste

Both are good though, and I think that vibrancy is probably better suited to a game in hawaii
>>
So who's the artist that draws for the manga? Sugi?

Because whoever it is, it looks way better than the shitty modern Pokemon games art.
>>
>>26310327
I mean Sugi bout to die so it makes sense they're gradually letting Ohmura take over
>>
I like both of their work but Ken is the better artist. His protag art conveys personality and character very well. Omura's protag art is very doll like, all the characters are very effeminate and have giant souless eyes.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.