[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>smallest region ever >worst graphics yet At least the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8
File: sun-moon-169-en.jpg (53 KB, 578x327) Image search: [Google]
sun-moon-169-en.jpg
53 KB, 578x327
>smallest region ever
>worst graphics yet

At least the Pokemon look nice...

Damn it Gamefreak, why do you suck so much? So much potential wasted every single generation
>>
>>26272409
here's the reply you wanted
>>
Guys I know its a meme but Im actually scared about the region...

What if all the islands are small as shit
>>
>>26272422
>any dissenting opinion is bait
You have a mental problem called dysphagia, look it up
>>
>>26272409
>smallest region ever

source

sage
>>
>>26272409
>Implying the region wont follow the Hawaiin theme and have multiple islands
>Not appreciating the fact that GF has dropped the chibbi models from Gen 6
>>
>>26272409
Holy fucking shit.
/vp/ is literally cancer.
>game looks better than X/Y and OR/AS
>muh region is so small
FUCK OFF DUDE THIS SHIT IS JUST AND ISLAND THERE IS FUCKING MORE YOU PLEB
>>
>>26272441
We know exactly how big the islands are going to be relative to this one, just look at any map of hawaii ever.
>>
>>26272503
Honolulu is the biggest city in Hawaii and that's the starting town

See? We are fucked
>>
>Smallest region ever
>Worst graphics ever

This poor little bait didn't even went through the trouble of trying.
>>
>>26272409
>At least the Pokemon look nice...
One of the legendaries is a recolored Pyroar.

>>26272468
That'd be pretty cool. Like FRLG's islands but even more of them. Just give them something really cool in the center and some awesome puzzles/secrets for each one.
>>
>>26272603
>One of the legendaries is a recolored Pyroar.

I don't think you know what a recolor is
>>
>>26272662
It's literally a literal white literal Pyroar though, literally senpai.
>>
File: hawaii.png (88 KB, 1600x1043) Image search: [Google]
hawaii.png
88 KB, 1600x1043
>>26272533
City size isnt really the issue, its not like they cant take liberties with that, and the routes between are what really matter. we have 2 other islands that are about the same size as Oahu, quite a few that are a bit smaller, and than we have the big island, which is about as big as 5 Oahu's stuck together.

Considering the part of Alola we have seen has two towns, one city, a forest, a cave, a large surfing section, some sort of standalone building, and a volcano, we can get an idea of how much content the rest of the game could have if we compare that to Oahu's size compared to the larger islands.
>>
>>26272409
MODS
>>
File: 1455971987567.jpg (17 KB, 314x315) Image search: [Google]
1455971987567.jpg
17 KB, 314x315
>>26272680
>>
File: (you).jpg (52 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
(you).jpg
52 KB, 612x380
>>26272409
>le small region
is this meme going to keep going until the next trailer/reveal because im bored of it already
>>
>>26272503
I'm more concerned if they just say "fuck it" and only go with one island.
>>
>>26272881
Yeah, sure, totally. Retarded
>>
>>26272409

>worst graphics yet

M8.
>>
>>26272881
Impossible.

>We see that map, we see the region called alola, but we never see that map specifically labelled as alola (because its not the full region)

>The map does not contain the temple where the legendaries are seen in the trailer.

>the map contains a single pokemon center and what looks to be around 3 towns, which cannot support eight gyms.

Unrelated, but also worth mentioning I feel that the routes are probably going to feel longer regardless of their size compared to previous routes due to a somewhat more zoomed in camera and different environmental proportions.That stretch from starting town to nothonolulu looks comf as fuck.
>>
File: Alola_alt.png (987 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Alola_alt.png
987 KB, 1280x720
>>26272533
>that's the starting town
It isn't, though. You can see a couple small villages in the background, the one on the right next to the waterfall and with the circle in the center is probably the starting town, since we saw it in the trailer. Honolulu is just the one in the front.
>>
>>26272409
>region based on Hawaii, a series of multiple large islands and a fuckton of little islands
>honestly believes that the region will consist of one island
(You)
>>
>>26272533
>that's the starting town
Give me literally 1 half plausible reason to believe that and I'll agree with you.
You can't because there isn't one. You just want to be mad. Kill yourself.
>>
>>26272533
You don't you mouth foaming retard, you start in a small part of the island. This will probably play out like RSE ORAS, you do the first gym and the do story stuff in order to fuck off and sail to another place. I mean, they even have the coast with rocks that lead somewhere, as well as Pearl Harbor.
>>
Gen 6 was a paid beta program for Gen 7.

You spent at least your equivalent of $40 to opt in but as much as $120 if you took their bait for all 4 gen 6 games.

Thank god the 3ds is over after Sun and Moon. Bring on the next gen hardware please.
>>
>>26272707
Looking at that, we'll probably progress down, with the league being on the biggest island, then the post-game area will be Kauai, Assuming they don't pull something like Kalos as a second region.
>>
>>26272409
Can this meme just die already
>>
>>26272707
Now that I look at it, I think we won't be able to surf from Oahu to other islands, but only access them by boat.

I think the map will be divided in four parts: Oahu, Kauai+Niihau, Molokai+Lanai+Maui+Kahoolawe (connected by water routes), and Hawaii.
>>
File: Hawaiianislandchain_USGS.png (7 KB, 569x289) Image search: [Google]
Hawaiianislandchain_USGS.png
7 KB, 569x289
>>26273158
>Kalos as a second region
Who needs Kalos when we can go explore some nice islands and atolls like poké-Midway
>>
File: 1446585017493.jpg (31 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1446585017493.jpg
31 KB, 400x400
>>26272409
>>
>>26273196
I was figuring quite a similar thing the starting area is Oahu, which has your starting town, your castelia city, and various little places to go for story reasons, with some surf content to use when you go back there after getting surf. Then Molokai, Maui, and Lanai are all sorta part of the same area, possible moved a little closer together, and can be surfed between, and then Hawaii is your big mainland that has a lot of the end game stuff, Kauai is far enough from the rest to make a good place for postgame content.
>>
>>26273425
>not saging
fucking retard
>>
>>26273440
saging is hidden now, you mongoloid.
>>
>>26272409
From now on when I go on /vp/, I'm just going to assume everyone is an angry unself-aware genuine retard.
>>
>>26273149
I have bought one 3DS and two special edition N3DSes. I bought X, Y, and OR at full price. I'll buy Sun and Moon on November 18th, and I'll buy the Diamond remake whenever they release that.
They didn't "bait" me into spending money, I just like Pokemon and am not a child, so I'm employed and have money for my hobby.
>>
>>26273440
Bump

For you
>>
I hope the island is small and the story is short so I can get right to breeding six of the same pokemon at the same time to have different builds because why not.

Pokemon is good because of the end game and that's pretty much it
>>
>>26272743
I thought puting up with the Roothoot was going to be over now we have to out up with RootHoot AND
>m-m-uh small region
Fuck
>>
>>26274044
fucking shill
>>
The really nice thing about having all these different islands to explore is that, if GameFreak is smart, they'll incorporate Drawin's Theory of Evolution.

>During his visit to the Galapagos islands, Darwin noted that the unique creatures were similar from island to island, but perfectly adapted to their environments which led him to ponder the origin of the islands' inhabitants.

We actually might get a lot of new Pokemon if they decide to take advantage of this opportunity and don't just fill the islands with preexisting Pokemon. Animals evolve differently between environments and it wouldn't make sense to see the same Pokemon on each and every island.
>>
>>26274934
shut the fuck up please. thanks.
>>
>>26275073

Why? What did I say that got you all assblasted?
>>
File: 1444515605340.jpg (21 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1444515605340.jpg
21 KB, 500x500
>>26272409
>Smallest Region
The only picture we have of the region doesn't even show the entire island, and if the region is based off Hawaii I doubt they wouldn't have us hopping to other islands.
>worst graphics yet
Please elaborate on this. If anything the graphics are better and the style has moved further from the chibi style but kept the same rich colors and art direction; in fact, model quality looks pretty fucking great.
>>
I know, right? I'm just about ready for gen 8.
>>
>>26272409
It will probably have multiple islands, you can't fit 8 gyms on there I'm sorry
>>
>>26275573
I'm ready for Gen 9.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.