[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who was Johto's Pikaclone? Pichu or Marill?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: Azumarill tail.gif (236 KB, 192x192) Image search: [Google]
Azumarill tail.gif
236 KB, 192x192
Who was Johto's Pikaclone? Pichu or Marill?
>>
Marril. It was always portrayed along side of Pikachu and even had the nickname of Pikablue.

Pichu is just a previe and doesn't count.
>>
Pikablu
>>
>>26271034
>>26271084
The fact that fans were retarded has no baring on gamefreak's design choices. Pichu is the obligatory, "we need to try and replicate the success of pikachu as a mascot character" pokemon for johto.
>>
Pichu.

There is a battle skin on XY that specifcally shows all the Pikaclones on it. Marill isn't on there. Pichu is. All the Pikaclones also have access to Nuzzle. Marill doesn't.

People only latch onto the retarded Marill = pikaclone thing because of the pikablu meme. It's not any more of a pikaclone than minccino is.
>>
>>26271277
Pichu doesn't learn nuzzle
>>
>>26271002

>its tail glows

never noticed that
>>
>>26271507
Pichu isn't a pikaclone. Thats like saying Raichu is a pikaclone
>>
File: 86864646.jpg (27 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
86864646.jpg
27 KB, 320x240
>>26271277

>>26271507
still its an electric type with colored cheecks
>>
File: dank memes.png (396 KB, 625x389) Image search: [Google]
dank memes.png
396 KB, 625x389
>>26271002
I think the more accurate term is electric rodents
>>
>>26271002
>marill was literally called pikablu, and was probably one of the first pikaclones behind Pichu.
>"who was Johto's pikaclone? xD"
no one can be this dumb
>>
>>26271002
Neither and this trend didn't start until Gen 3.
>>
>>26271599
That's something recent, though. At the time of GS and up to RS at least Marill had more parallels with Pikachu (such as Azurill being an analogue to Pichu). It seems that with the Fairy retyping they're trying to distance Azumarill from the pikaclones and make it its own thing.

>>26271625
Plusle and Minun don't look like any rodents.
>>
>>26271002
pichu is pikachu
>>
I don't know why people would think it's Pichu, pichu is just the introduced devolution and marketed because of that.

Marill was the real pikaclone, and appeared as tracey's main mon because of that.
>>
>>26271146
I have some old official merch pre-g/s that has it's name as pikablu

just saying
>>
>>26273309
can you make a photo?
>>
Marill. Anyone who disagrees is underage, and wasn't around to see it.

Marill was called Pikablu for the longest time. Keep in mind, this was when there were no generations, which means there was no concept of a "Pikachu clone".

Marill was seen as a Pikachu rip-off.

>rodent like
>cute
>bipedal
>single typing
>funny tail
>called Pikablu
>Starring role in the anime

Marill was the first ever Pikachu clone
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.