[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Powersaves
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: powersaves-3ds-logov2.png (269 KB, 480x344) Image search: [Google]
powersaves-3ds-logov2.png
269 KB, 480x344
How safe is using powersaves/action replay?

I just bought it and I'm planning to use a burner game so I can't lose anything.

Any advice or tips when using it?
Can it fuck up the actual 3ds?
>>
>lose anything
>what is losing the 3ds itself?
>>
>>26254252
you can corrupt your sava data that's about it, just don't do anything stupid like try to modify EVs to higher than max etc.
>>
File: 1447663897622.gif (436 KB, 500x502) Image search: [Google]
1447663897622.gif
436 KB, 500x502
hack 3ds, edit save with pkhex

but I bet you already upgraded to 11.0

>tfw a9lh
>>
>>26254347
planning on just hacking some normal stuff in like complete pokedex, some rare candies, maybe gen some pokemon appearing in grass

i used an old old old diamond and pearl version way back and hacked the shit out of it and never had any issues

can you still force the game to encounter certain pokemon?
>>
>>26254501
pretty sure you can just Box 1 them or get them as eggs. same thing with items but slot 1 if I remember correctly there is a shiny modify option aswell.
>>
If you breed your own egg moves and actually catch what you edit you can't really go wrong unless you put something illegal onto a monster yourself. That said, you can fuck up your game with it too, don't have a faulty USB port is all I can say.
>>
>>26254501
also the other anon was right pkhex is the professional way of "hacking" pokemon. a lot harder but gives you way more customization. 99% of legendary's made with action replay are illegal (not literally, in tournaments etc)
>>
>>26254501
A Powersaves is a save editor, it can't interact with live gameplay and because of that gets nothing by interfering with source code.
>>
>>26254717
how to use pkhex? do i need a peripheral or anything? looking at a pic it seems pretty simple
>>
>>26255165
it's easy. it even lets you know if your pokemon doesn't look legit (although it needs updating in that respect)
>>
File: 1462921770848.png (172 KB, 280x265) Image search: [Google]
1462921770848.png
172 KB, 280x265
>he didn't CFW
>>
>>26255410
I almost missed the bandwagon. Was on 10.7 and had only one chance, but it worked.
>>
>>26255258
so all i need is a file that's saved on an SD?

also my Y i plan on using just updated, is that ok?
>>
>>26255505
is your 3ds(or 2ds) hacked?
>>
>>26256011
naw
>>
>>26256136
from my understanding, you can use pkhex to view save data but you can't save changes unless you can hack your 3ds
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.