[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the fuck does Pokémon Bank delete all of your Pokémon if
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4
File: Pokemon_Bank_logo.jpg (20 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon_Bank_logo.jpg
20 KB, 400x240
Why the fuck does Pokémon Bank delete all of your Pokémon if your subscription expires? Cloud can hold tons of data, and considering you have to pay $5.00 a year to use it, your Pokémon should always be safe. It doesn't make sense for this to happen. If your subscription expires, you should at least be able to withdraw your Pokémon and not deposit anything. But outright losing tons of hard work and time is a joke. It's not safe to keep your Pokémon on cart since your game's save data could become corrupted. It's not safe to store your Pokémon in Bank since they are erased if you forget to renew your subscription. Is there ANY save, foolproof way to make sure your Pokémon don't disappear forever?
>>
I didn't renew my subscription until after 2 years and all my mons were still there
>>
>>26092821
My Pokémon were safe last time I renewed my sub, months after it expired.
>>
>>26092836
The time frame is not consistent, though.
https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/3djo4r/today_a_small_piece_of_me_died_when_renewing_my/
>>
>>26092821
Hack your 3ds.
>>
>>26092821
It has to, or else people will figure out the time until expiration and game the system. They have to delete the data, AND they have to do it at random maintenance intervals.
>>
File: 684.png (325 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
684.png
325 KB, 960x540
>>26092821

Pokemon = thieves

They keep you subscribed, this is rigged as shit.
>>
Couldn't you just spend $40 one time and be set until they come out with a better service? Also wouldn't work in most cases, but there's Pokémon Box
>>
Thanks for reminding me to check if my subscription was out of date yet or not. Still got 13 days till renewal.
>>
>>26093190

I don't think you can purchase a subscription that's beyond a year. You have to repurchase a yearly pass each year. Likely to prevent people from just buying a shit ton of time only for them to store breedjects or clutter.
>>
>>26092844
That's weird. I let mine expire last year around Mar because no game. I then renewed it around Jan this year and all my mons were still there.
>>
>>26092821
It takes like a month before they expire.
Get a fucking job.
I spend more than $5 every day on shit I don't need. What's $5 in a year?

Here's some math:
5/365 = .013698
You're literally paying $.01 every day. I find that on the street.
>>
Buy a powersaves and make a backup of your cart save every so often. Plus you don't have to spend a month transferring your hold items over because Bank is retarded enough to draw the line at storing items.
>>
>>26092821
>you should at least be able to withdraw your Pokémon
You ARE able to withdraw your pokemon after your subscription expired
>>
>>26092821
why didnt you just withdraw all your mons while your sub expired? I actually left some unimportant ones since last November and theyre still there.
>>
>>26092821
You can withdraw your Pokemon you fucking retard. You just can't deposit them anymore.
>>
I wish they would allow auto billing. I'm scared I'll forget about Bank for just long enough that it will be too late.
>>
Ah pokebank discussions, this time I won't interfere and watch the trainwreck happen
>>
>>26095988
It tells you how many days you have left, just use it every now and then and make a note of it.
>>
>>26097826
Suck the smegma off my dick, faggot
>>
>>26092844
that is likely a system transfer issue not a pokemon bank issue
>>
>>26093429
>It takes like a month before they expire.
It's much longer than that, more like a year or two.
>>
File: 1459457980143.png (120 KB, 259x369) Image search: [Google]
1459457980143.png
120 KB, 259x369
>>26098135
O-okay
>>
i hope you retards realize you can still take pokemon out of the bank if you sub expires.
>>
>>26098238

uh? no you can't. Mine expired and I couldn't even see if something was n bank, it just kept prompting me to pay more
>>
>>26098273
You are doing something wrong. I'm not the same anon, but you CAN get your Pokémon out.
>>
>>26098273
Uh, yes you can.
I've done it many times since my sub ended, hell several anons in this thread have done it many times.

It even says you can on the site if I remember right.

Why would you try to lie about something that's common knowledge?
>>
>>26098273
my roommate forgot his for 5 months after his sub expired and got them all off of it
>>
>>26098273
Nice b8 faggot
>>
What do you guys do for items?
>>
>>26098553
;<)
>>
This is a dumb question, but is there a way to complete the gen VI Pokedex without Pokemon Bank?
>>
>>26093058
The fucktards could stop hacking or have shitter Internet that goes offline every 3 seconds.
>>
>>26098609
trade online?
friend safaris?
>>
>>26098633
I mean get the gen 4-5 pokes (excluding starters & exclusives) without the use of the Bank.
>>
>>26098666
Oh, ORAS.
Between all four gen 6 games you can catch everything.
>>
Stupid question but can you pirate Pokemon bank? As in use the service for free?
>>
>>26092821
Pokehex
>>
>>26098679
Thanks, pal.
>>
>>26098666
wonder trade i guess. if you arent using an old game and transporter/bank you'll have to rely on the internet community.
>>
>>26098684
You can't but there is a homebrew application that functions just like Bank.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-phbank-pok%C3%A9mon-homebrew-bank.398718/
>>
I haven't opened pokebank ever since it expired after the first year of purchasing it.

If my pokemon aren't expired you're just unlucky as fuck OP.
>>
>>26098719
Ah, sweet.
>>
File: 1460157282498.gif (1 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1460157282498.gif
1 MB, 500x500
>>26098736
They're still there.

Get fucked OP
sorry for your loss
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.