[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In the pokemon anime, anyone can have a pokedex. In pokespec,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Pokedex.png (452 KB, 828x880) Image search: [Google]
Pokedex.png
452 KB, 828x880
In the pokemon anime, anyone can have a pokedex. In pokespec, only super special people receive a pokedex. What do you think is the case for the games?
>>
>>25868374
Slightly related, but the anime has an abundance of starter pokemon (compared to the games and manga), and the Pokedexes are already filled out. The lack of at least 5 other Pokedex users in the games should indicate that it's special.

Motivation's a different story altogether though.
>>
>>25868404
>generally to the ones that are felt to have exceptional potential and skill
>Shauna
>Tierno
>Bianca
Not in the games.

Mega rings are the ones that are stated to be given to only special people.
>>
>>25868414
>should indicate that it's special.
I remember school kids telling you that they couldn't wait until they have their own pokedex.
>>
>>25868450
Maybe they're referring to completed variants? Honestly, you got me there.
>>
>>25868465
>>25868450
Honestly, the most realistic situation is that you have to wait until you're at least 10 to register to be a trainer/get your starter and then you get given a Pokedex/mon.

The reason you most likely don't see that many dexes mentioned in game is because trainers specialize in various things. Not everyone wants to fill out a dex and challenge gyms.
>>
>>25868426
There's skillful, and then there's player character skill levels.
The rivals aren't Route fodder, they DO keep improving, but they'll never quite surpass you.
>>
>>25868475
Didn't Bianca herself say that she was shit at battling? I remember Trevor mentioning something like that, too.
>>
>>25868374
Only I receive a Pokedex. To hell with everyone else.
>>
>>25868680
>>25868475
kek

Sorry anon, you've already been proven wrong.
>>
>>25868374
Only a few registered ones have it in anime.
>>
>>25869254
Anyone has it in the anime and it's the same in the games.
>>
Anyone can get them, but they are costly, so most don't. However, Professors get them for free as research material, so if you're friendly with one, they'll share.
>>
>>25869285
Not everyone, just people that get it with profs.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.