[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else hoping for a BW-tier or higher story in Sun/Moon?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 7
File: 1458279104427.png (98 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
1458279104427.png
98 KB, 500x280
Anyone else hoping for a BW-tier or higher story in Sun/Moon? With even more convention breaking and interesting characters?
>>
>>25852683
>N
>interesting
He was a giant faggot that the game tried to portray much more positively than they should have.
>>
U kno that guy n the first town who always says "wow technology is amazing!"

he's gunna be the antagonist.
>>
>inb4 Gen V's story was shit
>>
>>25852739
it's too late someone called N shit
>>
>>25852683
>Anyone else hoping for a BW-tier or higher story in Sun/Moon?
Not a high bar to begin with.
>>
>>25852744
still better than most other pokemon games
>>
File: 1459883108136.jpg (101 KB, 588x720) Image search: [Google]
1459883108136.jpg
101 KB, 588x720
>>25852683

As someone who beat White version for the second time last night, I really hope so. Ghetsis was so fucking scary, and there was such a perfect build up to the finale.

When people ask me why I hate gen 6, all I need to really say is ''Generation 5''. X/Y's story was fucking bland, and while OR/AS did impress me story wise, the difficulty was literally babby's first Pokemon game.
>>
>>25852744

Nice meme. Ghetsis was a great fucking villain. He didn't give a fuck about Pokemon. He just wanted to manipulate people, prime example being N.
>>
>>25852782
Except his actual goal is bland as fuck. "I want to rule Unova because reasons" is the most saturday morning cartoon villain thing ever. He was fine until the big "plot twist".
>>
>>25852683
You mean a story that tries too hard to be deep and focuses on someone else and not the protagonist?

Nah
>>
>>25852821
>focuses on someone else and not the protagonist
how is this bad?
>>
N was a fruit, but I like how in b/w, the villainous team's plot was still ongoing up to the champion battle. Everytime I replay a mainline game, I kind of lose interest after I complete the main story plot.
>>
>>25852821

Everything you just said pretty much comes from a lack of actual knowladge of the games.

The story doesn't try to be deep at all. N's strange and philosophical ramblings are supposed to be vague and hard to understand, it's his character. The actual story is just as simple as any other Pokemon game, it's just Game Freak actually put more effort into it and made it an actual thing.

Also, we see what happens when a game tries to suck the protagonists dick constantly in ORAS and XY.
>>
>>25852821
I bet you prefer pokemon games not having a story.
>>
>>25852683
The problem was that BW put all its effort into the story, and we were left with a shitty pokedex, almost nonexistent postgame, and the blandest region by far.

BW2 had a shit story, but it fixed most of BW's problems and is one of the best games.
>>
>>25852821

Are you fucking serious?

>M-MUH MONEY
>M-MUH LAND
>M-MUH OCEANS
>M-MUH NEW UNIVERSE
>M-MUH BEAUTY

Asides from Team Rocket, Team Plasma's leader had the most realistic motive in this series of children games. The plot is never deeper than a kiddie pool, but you gotta compare it to what's there. It's the best we've got.
>>
>>25852821

Glad to see you've never played through Gen V.
>>
>>25852806
He wanted power, a great villain doesn't need to be tragic or relatable (even though wanting power is an extremely human thing), a great villain needs to be cunning, deceitful, and manipulative. The whole plan of demonizing the own and usage of Pokemon to then be the only ones left with Pokemon was an actually cool one.
>>
>>25852919

This. I'm not even that into Gen V, but damn it had the best plot out of all these fucking games.
>>
>>25852851
>The story doesn't try to be deep at all. N's strange and philosophical ramblings are supposed to be vague and hard to understand, it's his character.
Which is pretty much what trying too hard to be deep means, since it isn't presented in a comical fashion.
>Also, we see what happens when a game tries to suck the protagonists dick constantly in ORAS and XY.
Even with most of the focus being on N they still did that in BW to a great degree. It's a good contender for being the game with the strongest "chosen one" bullshit, with how characters compare you to a spiritual successor to one of the two princes.
>>
>>25852683
I didn't think BW's story was particularly good, but I really liked the character N and his personality!
>>
>>25852876

agreeing with everything until

>blandest region so far

Fuck off. Gen 5 was the first region to do so many things
>first desert
>first actual city that feels like a city
>first huge bridge
>first (and only) underwater tube

Also:
>BW2 had a shit story

So by default, all Pokemon games have a shit story? Because even though BW2 was story-light compared to B/W, it still had much more depth and character in it than any other Pokemon game besides that.
>>
>>25852919
>a great villain needs to be cunning, deceitful, and manipulative.
That's the good part of his character. But the thing is that he was already a smooth talker and had great influence on people and could easily have gotten a position of great power without doing anything else.
The whole plan of using pokémon to force himself into a position after everyone had released their own didn't fit at all.
And power for the sake of power is a fairly bland motivation, it's quite clear that Plasma already had a lot of money, and there was no mentions of what he wanted to achieve that required such great power.
>>
>>25852919
This. I believe this is similar to that saying about the journey being more satisfying than the conclusion. Ghetsis may have had a generic goal, but his character as a villain was great.
>>
>>25852998
>first desert
Gen III

But other than that yeah.
>>
>>25852998
>first desert
Hoenn, there is also one in the Battle Zone
>first huge bridge
Kanto Cycling Road

Come on.
The problem is aside from the bridges it had nothing that gave it character.
>>
>>25852729
But ORAS Tabitha was already that, and they made him fat too.
>>
File: 272px-Desert_Hoenn_Emerald.png (253 KB, 272x600) Image search: [Google]
272px-Desert_Hoenn_Emerald.png
253 KB, 272x600
>>25853048

I always just considered Route 111 to be sort of little sandy area to explore, rather than an actual desert. I always thought it was a big pile of sand caused by a Pokemon. And Sinnoh's desert area was kind of tiny.

Gen 5's desert was huge, and even had an an ancient ruin, a town and a route based in it (sort of like Route 66 in America, well except for the ruins)
>>
I want the story and characters to be more like ORAS (main game, NOT Delta Episode) or Platinum. Characters have distinct personality and get development and the story is there without being obnoxiously shoved in your face all the time. I can respect BW for trying what it did but it didn't work for me. Ghetsis was a good villain though.

>>25852998
BW2's story was awful because it went full anime.
>>
File: 1451775667505.jpg (49 KB, 499x406) Image search: [Google]
1451775667505.jpg
49 KB, 499x406
I know a great way to break one of the usual conventions:

>Not having an evil team
>Instead have a small group of unique individuals be the villains
>>
>>25852683
I want it to be better than BW's story. GameFreak has proven that they can write a decent story in the mainline games, there should be no reason as to why they can't improve on that. Also hoping that it doesn't have a lack of post game content like BW.
>>
>>25853035
I felt like the end devalued the journey. Through the whole game you were always questioned if catching pokémon was actually right, which is an interesting question. At the end that is thrown out the window for Ghestis and his region domination plan. The best answer you get is "you threat your pokémon so well and they want to be with you, that makes it true in every other case as well", which is basically the thing they have said in all previous games.
>>
>>25853114
>these two deserts don't count because I say so
>>
>>25853164

>literally a small explorable area full of sand next to some trees and bushes

>a desert

They needed a sandy area so you could catch Regirock. It really isn't a desert.

D/P/P's desert was literally the same thing, just a small, inclosed route with some patches of sand. Once again, not a desert.
>>
>>25853213
>unless a desert consists of two areas it's not a desert
Holy fuck, stop sucking gen V's dick so much. It's fine that you did enjoy it's desert more than the other games, but they're still deserts. DPPt's desert route is actually a fairly big route.
Besides, all deserts are isolated with no transition.
>>
>>25853140

>Also hoping that it doesn't have a lack of post game content like BW.

Not this bullshit again.

>What is Challenger's Cave
>What is Pokemon World Tournament
>What is Black City
>What is White Forest
>What is Giant Chasm
>What is Undella Town
>What is Undella Bay
>What is Abyssal Ruins
>What is Marvelous Bridge
>What is Seven Sages
>What is Reversal Mountain
>What is Memory Link
>What is literally every previous Legendary having its own in-game event
>What is Clay Road
>What is Regis' Twist Mountain
>What is Black Skyscraper
>What is White Tree Hollow

At least PLAY Gen V.
>>
>>25853213
>They needed a sandy area so you could catch Regirock. It really isn't a desert.
Yeah sure. Because they totally couldn't have just put it in a mountain area or something, like they put Regice on an island.
Several other desert-dwelling pokémon like Flygon and Cacturne being introduced, as well as actually playing a role in the game's story with the Go-Goggles being needed to traverse it surely didn't play a role at all, just Regirock.
>>
>>25853260
I'll give you most of those, but since when was the Pokemon World Tournament in the original Black and White?
>>
>>25853260
>What is Pokemon World Tournament
>What is Reversal Mountain
>What is Memory Link
>What is literally every previous Legendary having its own in-game event
>What is Clay Road
>What is Regis' Twist Mountain
>What is Black Skyscraper
>What is White Tree Hollow
Not in BW you dense motherfucker.
>>
>>25853280

Good job listing half. Fun fact! The other half are in BW. Wow! Gen V sure has a lot of post game content!
>>
>>25853294
Let's see the remaining:
>What is Challenger's Cave
>What is Black City/White Forest
>What is Giant Chasm
>What is Undella Town
>What is Undella Bay w/ Abyssal Ruins
>What is Marvelous Bridge
>What is Seven Sages
The Sages quest and completing the Abyssal Ruins/Undella Town quest are the only parts that takes some time. Kyurem being catchable is nice too, I guess. The problem with the rest of the areas you listed is that there is nothing to do in them, you go through them.

Also the poster never said gen V as a whole had bad post game, just BW.
>>
Do people seriously think gen V is the worst? How?
>>
>>25855379
I honestly can't understand either. Most of the complaints people can shit out are usually really minor and they ignore all the good that the gen brought.
>>
>>25852683
I am
>>
>>25852729
Oh my god that would be AMAZING
>>
>>25852846
Same.
>>
>>25852683
Yes please.
>>
>>25855437
/vp/ hates pokemon games, but likes both pokemon and BATTORU

If the whole game was battle frontier and no new mons were ever added, then maybe they'd be happy. This is how you get both

>BW worst games
>B2W2 GOAT
>>
>>25853146
You didn't understand the story.

Literally N gives you the moral of the story after being defeated.

"… … ZekromB/ReshiramW and I were beaten. Your truthB/idealsW… Your feelings… They were stronger than mine, it seems… ReshiramB/ZekromW and ZekromB/ReshiramW… Each of them choosing a different hero… Is that even possible? Two heroes living at the same time— one that pursues truthB/idealsW and one that pursues idealsB/truthW. Could… CouldB/Could…couldW they both be right? I don't know. It's not by rejecting different ideas, but by accepting different ideas that the world creates a chemical reaction. This is truly the formula for changing the world."
"<player>!"
>>
>>25853138
I wish, but that means they'd have to put actual thought into decent character development and stray away from a standard.
>>
>>25858270
Nothing about that really solved anything about the morality of pokémon catching. It's literally just "you beat me so I guess you're right since you're bond is so strong".
The fact that he considers himself a hero is also absolutely retarded.
>>
>>25858319
It's not about solving a question, it's about reach consensus between many answers. Absolute truth doesn't exists.

BW had a patrician as fuck story.
>>
>>25852683
BW and B2W2 were weeb bait but I'd be lying if it wasn't fun to play.

They felt like the more recent Fire Emblem games.
>>
>>25852876
>and we were left with a shitty pokedex
The pokedex having the the most variety since gen 1.

>almost nonexistent postgame
You mean, the game with the most post game of all first versions didn't have any?
Could have fooled me.

>and the blandest region by far.
Still better than some other shit we had before.
>>
>>25853374
>The problem with the rest of the areas you listed is that there is nothing to do in them, you go through them.
Tell the truth, you didn't even play Black and White did you. Every town in the post game areas has something to do in it.

On top of that there's even shit to do in the west side that unlocks when you've beaten the game.
>>
>>25858433
Which is a pretty bad conclusion to a story. When you have someone opposing you the whole game and at the end they just go "oh maybe we have different ideas but let's just accept that". It's not a satisfying ending and it's borderline "Everyone is entitled to their own opinion no matter how stupid it is" bullshit.
>>
>>25858509
There's nothing to do in Challenger's Cave and the exclusiv Black/White hub was shit, even more so now that Wi-Fi is gone.
The rest of the points I already addressed as actually having some value. Aside from Cresselia at Marvelous bridge which was BW2.
>>
>>25858510
You're forgetting the part where N thought every pokemon was just being enslaved because Ghetsis only allowed him to interact with pokemon that were heavily abused giving him a warped perspective of the state the Pokemon world. The conclusion of the story is absolutely fine when you consider all of their parts. Just like everything great their individual parts don't amount to much.

But answer me this, how would you have ended it?
>>
>>25858510
It's a fucking realistic conclusion, that's how the real world works. Hell, we are even experimenting it right now with the whole pro-refugees vs islamophobic thing.
>>
>>25858538
The problem with that is that he figured that because he observed you it meant that all pokémon wanted to be caught. Which is kind of a shit conclusion since I find it very hard to believe that all pokémon want to serve people and none have families to take care of or anything else.
>But answer me this, how would you have ended it?
No idea, but I wouldn't try to ask "deep" questions if I don't have a message to tell about the possible answers to said questions.
>>
>>25858534
>nothing to do
Using that same logic there's nothing to do in any other pokemon game because expanding the Pokemon available to you doesn't count.
Needless to say your personal opinion on whether or not there's something to do there doesn't matter because the simple fact is that there's a reason for the player to visit and it's only unlocked in the post game.

Also Black City and White Forest had nothing to do with wifi.
>>
>>25852683
I'm not expecting major story shit, but I am expecting some gameplay changes that trigger Tajiri's autism.
>>
>>25852729
You know how there wasn't that fat guy in GSC? That's why gen 2 and its remakes suck.
>>
>>25858590
I guess you're one of the people that say ORAS has great post game because of new pokémon being on Mirage islands then.
>Also Black City and White Forest had nothing to do with wifi.
Forgot it was Wireless, which means it was basically always impossible to do anything with the areas.
>>
>>25858582
>The problem with that is that he figured that because he observed you it meant that all pokémon wanted to be caught.
That's not at all how it went, up until the very end he held true to his convictions until Ghetsis came out with the truth. While he was accepting of people who cared about Pokemon he still thought there was more bad than good out there and instead of risking the abuse of Pokemon he would rather do away with their relationship altogether.

>Which is kind of a shit conclusion since I find it very hard to believe that all pokémon want to serve people and none have families to take care of or anything else.
This was a long running theme long before Black and White anon.

>but I wouldn't try to ask "deep" questions if I don't have a message to tell about the possible answers to said questions.
Everything was there within the game.
>>
>>25852683
So, like X/Y?
Lysandre was right.
>>
>>25852806
Name one single antagonist who has a better goal?

>Giovanni: steal pokemon to get rich because reasons
>Yeah okay, Team Rocket 2 was pretty good actually. They still had no REAL motivation, but they were pretty good.
>Maxie/Archie: You know what this world needs? NO WATER/LAND AHAHAHAHAH
>Cyrus: I want to be a god. Because reasons.
>Lysandre: what the fuck even was lysandre?
>>
>>25858632
>I guess you're one of the people that say ORAS has great post game because of new pokémon being on Mirage islands then.
You do know that applies to most post game content within pokemon games right?
Basically you're just saying it's good and worthwhile if it appeals to you and it's shit if it doesn't regardless of what's actually there or what others think.

>which means it was basically always impossible to do anything with the areas.
If you were poor, friendless or had no siblings. In which case you're probably playing the wrong game. Also you start off with the max amount of NPC and they only leave if you don't play.
>>
>>25858695
>Lysandre: what the fuck even was lysandre?

A E S T H E T I C

E

S

T

H

E

T

I

C

>vaporwave.png
>>
>>25858653
>That's not at all how it went, up until the very end he held true to his convictions until Ghetsis came out with the truth.
The story is fine enough up to that point, but it's his "relaization" at the end which is lackluster. Ghetsis revealing his true intentions really shouldn't have affected N's beliefs. Just because Ghetsis had other goals in mind and N was manipulated it didn't make the question about some pokémon actually not wanting to be caught any less real.
>This was a long running theme long before Black and White anon.
Which is the exact problem I have with BW's story. They always handwaved it in older games by saying "all pokémon wants to battle and serve people" which is honestly kind of silly, especially with how hard they tried to justify it in the Canalave stories. Then they actually made a story revolving around it in BW but ended up at the same answer.
>>
>>25852683
I prefer gen1 plot, barely any plot at all. You are just a 10yo kid who happens to be good at battling. The only reason enemy Team stopped was because their leader saw how good you are at battling and convinced himself that he has more to learn before attempting to conquer the world.

It is much better than "Shinji, you as a mute kid need to pilot the only thing capable of saving the world!", and the kid actually does, because friendship and shit. I have seen romhacks with better plot than this.
>>
>>25858695
>>Lysandre: what the fuck even was lysandre?
Why do people forget what Lysandre's intentions were, they were laid out right in front of you.

He was basically Pokehitler in the sense that he wanted to eradicate the people who leeched off of the government and other hardworking people.

He put such a steep price for entry and made a name for Flare because he was expecting to recruit the people who worked hard for it unfortunately he got spoiled children and such who got the money from their parents in an ironic twist.
>>
File: 1459816814978.jpg (410 KB, 780x4378) Image search: [Google]
1459816814978.jpg
410 KB, 780x4378
>>25852683
N a shit.
>>
>>25858720
Or alternatively, you could just call him Doc Ock and call it a day
>>
I liked the story in BWBW2 to a degree but it was kinda goofy. If they can tone the weird shit down some I would enjoy a story rich game in SM.
>>
>>25858755
This is going to sound incredibly rich considering we're talking about a Pokemon story, but it might have something to do with how much of a clusterfuck XY's story was.

Seriously. The pacing in that game, in terms of story anyways, was fucked as. Also, I feel like there was too much random shit happening at the climax of the story for you to focus in on Lysandre

That said, I like the way you're describing it. I'm playing through Eternal X right now, and I'll b sure to keep an eye out for it
>>
>>25858706
These areas have no value at all if you have actually caught the pokémon in previous games.
>If you were poor, friendless or had no siblings.
My sibling stopped playing long ago and my friends that still played pokémon as well as I started moving so we only really could play through Wi-Fi. Only being able to truly use the area through Wireless was shit. And by poor I hope you aren't actually considering buying two systems and two games as a good option to experience the games.
>Also you start off with the max amount of NPC and they only leave if you don't play.
Yes, but you can't complete the area unless you change them out
>>
>>25858734
>Ghetsis revealing his true intentions really shouldn't have affected N's beliefs
His beliefs were based on lies and mental abuse anon, why do you think it wouldn't affect his beliefs when they were founded on false information?

>They always handwaved it in older games by saying "all pokémon wants to battle and serve people" which is honestly kind of silly, especially with how hard they tried to justify it in the Canalave stories. Then they actually made a story revolving around it in BW but ended up at the same answer.
So hold on, your problem is that they went into a bit more depth with it?
>>
>>25858821
>These areas have no value at all if you have actually caught the pokémon in previous games.
So what you're saying is that no pokemon game had any postgame content outside of battling.
You are aware that the majority of post game content is capturing those pokemon right?

>My sibling stopped playing long ago and my friends that still played pokémon as well as I started moving so we only really could play through Wi-Fi
So what, it was impossible for you to make new friends?
>>
>>25858824
Because the fact that some pokémon might not want to battle and live their lives in the wild doesn't actually seem like unbelievable information. Sure Ghetsis manipulated N to think that was always the case, but even though it's not it doesn't make those cases any less real.
>So hold on, your problem is that they went into a bit more depth with it?
No, it's that they tried to go deeper with it but just ended up at the same answer they had always used without really giving any better explanation either.
>>
>>25858838
>So what you're saying is that no pokemon game had any postgame content outside of battling.
Nope, aside from battling there are often other side facilities and small stories to tell. Just catching old pokémon I already have is the most boring kind of post-game.
>So what, it was impossible for you to make new friends?
It was more that nobody actually wants to play pokémon when we have time to hang out in real life, myself included. Especially since we played together over Wi-Fi all the time.
It's as stupid as not having the Contests in ORAS be online too.
>>
>>25858734
>They always handwaved it in older games by saying "all pokémon wants to battle and serve people"
This is not true at all. There is not only pokemon trainers in the world, a lot of pokemons does stuff that isn't just battling, it is just that in all games, you are a pokemon trainer that wants to become the pokemon master(aside from some spin-off games).

Just imagine it, fighting as a sport would be much more accepted and trained if there was a place where you could magically restore a person to perfect condition in 5 seconds. If there was no pokemon center in the game, and potions costed 1000x as much and took a whole week to take full effect, almost no one would be interested in battling.
>>
>>25858874
>This is not true at all.
Read the Canalave stories. They're basically saying that all pokémon you meet in the wild wants to aid you and be caught, which is honestly some serious bullshit.
>There is not only pokemon trainers in the world, a lot of pokemons does stuff that isn't just battling,
The thing is, that has always been because the trainer wants to use the pokémon for other stuff than battling. It has never been addressed what would happen if the trainer and pokémon had different goals in life.
>>
>>25852683
I don't even remember the stories from BW and BW2 beside "hurr durr i'm silver 2.0 and my dad(?) a meanie! btw release ur mons lol", can't remember the rest, I guess I wouldn't like something similar again.
>>
>>25858902
>older games
>canalave stories
Not all pokemons become braindead obeying robots after being captured. The fact that pokemons with really high levels early in the game does not obey you is there to prove it.
Pokemons just see your strenght as a trainer, and decides to aid you. And there is also happiness/frustration that was shown in yellow, where the pikachu would be mad at you if you kept losing.

Like I said, pokemon battling is much less serious, not because they are not human, but because they can be recovered to perfect condition in 5 seconds.
>>
File: 1396080340102.png (258 KB, 500x313) Image search: [Google]
1396080340102.png
258 KB, 500x313
>>25853260

>>25853374
>abyssal ruins
JUST
FUCK
MY
SHIT
UP

Expected some actual use from those like the Sealed Chamber did, instead it was a fucking annoying task for some ancient pebbles and not even a Manaphy at the end of the maze, fucking trash and waste of time.

>white forest
>black city
Also awful considering you need costant interaction with other players.

>bridges in general
Literally long empty routes with no trainers and that take you a discret ammount of time to pass through even when you use a bike.
>>
>>25852683
>N
>Good story
It is like saying that Pokemon peta version is good.
>>
>>25859028

lol! XD nice meme, friendo
>>
>>25859036
she's right
>>
>>25859036
Thanks for disagreeing with me using a reply like that. It just shows how right I am.
>>
>>25852683
I fucking hope not. Enough of this Final Fantasy Lite garbage, go back to the simplistic story of Red and Blue
>>
>>25859047

>uses the kind of ''I've never played Black and White'' argument that an actual 13 year old would make

>Just shows how right I am

wew lad
>>
>>25859007
>Like I said, pokemon battling is much less serious, not because they are not human, but because they can be recovered to perfect condition in 5 seconds.
The severity of battles isn't honestly that important to my point. Compare it rather to a child being forced to pursue soccer as a hobby by his dad but he really wants to play piano instead or something.
It's not about treating your pokémon badly like with Happiness per se, just about you and your pokémon wanting different things.
>>
>>25858622
because it used the same link cable tech as gen 1 dumbass
>>
>>25859099
N was a retarded kid who wanted to liberate all pokemons because he thinks that it is better for the pokemon. How is this different from Peta? Because it was not born in the woods? afaik, peta could be very well just be a puppet organization made by the association of green farmers, so it makes them even more correlated.
>>
>>25852683
>BW story in Sun/Moon
Jesus fuck I hope not. I liked BW, but the story in those games is shoved in your face so much there's no damn breathing room. I never get to turn on the game and say "what do I want to do today?" because I'm constantly being pushed toward the next stop in a straight line so I can talk to the next NPC and they can tell me what the story is. That omni-present story combined with the linear region completely kills the joy of exploration and makes the game really hard for me to get through.
>>
>>25859115
A lof of kids wants all the new toys, and eat whatever they want. It is a parent choice to decide how to raise them. The same goes for pokemon, it is a trainer's choice to decide on how to raise it, there is no place in the game where they take your pokemon from you because you are mistreating it, because GF assumes that all kids playing the game are trying their best to make them happy.

Although I prefer to think of pokemon as domestic animals like dogs and cats. I never saw someone complain because the dog is being forced to fetch a stick before being given a treat. Or that the dog is being forced to learn how to sit when he actually wanted to be an astronaut.
>>
>>25859381
>Although I prefer to think of pokemon as domestic animals like dogs and cats.
Completely agree. Unfortunately Masuda is pushing the "pokémon are your friends, not your pets" thing pretty hard, although it really makes far less sense.
>>
>>25859407
I see that they are trying to make pokemon more than just battling bots, but I don't remember he pushing the "they are not pets", since you literally have to put a leash(pokeball) on them.
>>
>>25852821
>and focuses on someone else and not the protagonist?
you say that like it's a bad thing
>>
>>25859155

You're an idiot.

Ghetsis used and manipulated N into believing that Pokemon should be liberated from the laws of humans, as he MADE N believe Pokemon battling was a cruel and aimless sport. N didn't choose to believe this.

However, Ghetsis KNEW that it was all utter BULLSHIT, and simply wanted humans to be completely harmless without the power of Pokemon protecting them. He wanted the human race to become vulnerable, so he could rule it. You're rambling random crap that makes absolutely no sense, while the storyline clearly doesn't have any kind of undertones and makes sense on it's own.
>>
The thing is, BW's story is far from a masterpiece, but its the best we've gotten so far. I'd rather see them try and make some missteps than phone it in like they did with XY, which had so much potential

>5 rivals that could have challenged you in different fields (battlin', collectin', dancin'... Arabin')
>Your main rival gets increasingly despondent after you repeatedly curbstomp them and joins Lysandra and Team Flare to get a Megastone of their own and challenges you again. Sure they would eventually get it together due to FRIENDSHIP but it still would have been a good progression
>One of the Elite Four turns out to be a traitor, causing a schism in their ranks, maybe even E4 vs E4 member infighting, meaning you can't challenge the league until shit is resolved

All things they could have done, but they went with the easier answers possible every time.
>>
>>25859500
>he MADE N believe Pokemon battling was a cruel
yet N still battles you. He is retarded. I don't know why you think that increasingly detailing the same bs story makes it better, since the story is as bad as it gets.

Of course Ghetsis plan would go off if it was not for the meddling kids, and their stupid pokemon. The more "I would do anything to accomplish my goals" the main villain gets, the worse it is, because they will always be stopped by a meddling kid.
>>
>>25859450
Masuda has flat out stated it in interviews. Here's an example: http://www.glitterberri.com/pokemon-red-blue/game-freak-staff-interview/creating-the-game/
And it has only become more and more prominent in the games as well. I'm sure there have been NPCs that has applauded you for seeing your pokémon as friends and not your inferiors(like pets).
>since you literally have to put a leash(pokeball) on them.
Exactly, which is why I kind of wanted a good justification for that in BW since they picked up the topic.
>>
>>25859788
Shit, I didn't know about this.

>In a normal RPG, the protagonist levels up, right? But in the Pokémon games, your Pokémon mature as they travel with you. Why is that?
>Sugimori: ...“If you can fight on your own, what’s the point of having Pokémon?”
Based Sugimori, much better answer than Masuda long ass shit about love and friendship.
Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.