[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sage Sunday: Serious Business Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30
File: OP.png (54 KB, 321x336) Image search: [Google]
OP.png
54 KB, 321x336
VPMAGG: Sage Wiki: http://capx.wikia.com/wiki/CAPX_Wiki
Sagedown Server: http://
viipii.crabdance
.com/
(With new and improved WORKING teambuilder!)((Currently offline because Bigro a Shit))

We’re back again with all of this week’s updates from Project VPMAGG aka Pokemon Sage! For those that have missed out on the previous threads, the idea behind Sage Sunday is to give proper updates to the anons who worked on the game or were interested in playing the game by releasing weekly threads that showcase all the development for the game in the previous week and by taking feedback, criticism, suggestions and questions from the community. Here’s what’s on the slate for this week:

Well, what an interesting week for the project. Despite outwardly appearances, the project is chugging along just fine. So much so that we could describe it as dangerously close. We are on the precipice of completing a lot of different aspects of the game (mapping, distros, plot, balance) and digging into others (dialogue, spriting, music).

- External mapping is done barring some final Starry Cave edits. There is still quite a bit of work to do on interior mapping, but won’t take nearly the time external mapping did.
- Distros has Route 4 done and is currently undergoing final review for Routes 5 and 7, as well as the Observatory. Legato’s events are also done. Currently being worked on are Routes 9, 10, Dronia, Andante and Starry Cave.
- Spriting and artwork is churning out a ton of stuff.
- Batch 2 of Music surveys are over, results in thread.
- Plot is currently working on any events in Andante
- Dialogue is needed most places but we’ve streamlined the process of confirming it and should be done quickly. Lots of sets are floating around, almost none have been confirmed yet. Expect that to change within the week.
>>
File: Firebird Sprites.png (107 KB, 1480x408) Image search: [Google]
Firebird Sprites.png
107 KB, 1480x408
some neat fire bird sprite cleanups
>>
File: chameleohm OW.gif (51 KB, 656x466) Image search: [Google]
chameleohm OW.gif
51 KB, 656x466
some neat chameleohm line OW sprites
>>
File: etl designs.png (732 KB, 2704x1008) Image search: [Google]
etl designs.png
732 KB, 2704x1008
some new Gold Lady, the most popular design for Aurum's Leader, designs. The 6 on the left and 2 on the right were done by different artists.
>>
File: morifourto.png (305 KB, 864x864) Image search: [Google]
morifourto.png
305 KB, 864x864
A new design concept for the Poison Chef E4 leader
>>
>>25818758
What the hell is that thing?
>>
>Tremol Town's theme is locked.
https://soundcloud.com/dewdneym/tremol-town
>Route 2's Theme is locked.
https://soundcloud.com/dewdneym/early-game-route-v2-formerly
>Ricardo's Encounter Theme is locked.
https://soundcloud.com/dewdneym/doucherado-encounter-bw2
>Ricardo's Battle Theme is locked.
https://soundcloud.com/dewdneym/doucherado-black-and-white-2-1
>Foster's Battle Theme is Locked.
https://soundcloud.com/dewdneym/pokemon-vp-foster-froster
>Quaver Town is now locked
https://soundcloud.com/iusethistofollowpatrick/dyswi-pkmn-3

Music Survey results
>>
>>25818764
where does "minute changes of sprites no one cared enough about to dislike" rank on the listof priorities

>>25818793
i can't imagine that tattoo translating well to sprite form, maybe lower the sleeve so the head isn't as visible and leave the body/tail as the implication that the rest of charmbra is under his clothing
>>
>>25818781
Why is the business leader so young?
>>
I also have all of the maps from Forest-7 that are either confirmed or undergoing Final Review. However, they were all posted by David two weeks ago, so we figured there wasn't any need to repost. If you want them though, request and you shall receive. Besides that, if you think I missed anything or wanted updates on/have questions about, post 'em.

Please leave the drama out of the thread~
>>
The showdown server doesn't work?
Says you can't connect to it
>>
>>25818836
Post them and post distros please
>>
>>25818831
probably because not everyone in the industry is a 60 year old man; this isn't the senate
>>
File: iamthesenatesheev.gif (653 KB, 260x195) Image search: [Google]
iamthesenatesheev.gif
653 KB, 260x195
>>25818851
>this isn't the senate
No but why does she look like she's 24
>>
>>25818801
Old Capabara design I thought was funny

>>25818829
Pretty far down in the grand scheme of things, but necessary, that's why it was done in spare time by the spriters who can do what they want to do when they want to do it. Plenty of work is getting done on that front, there aren't more important things they could be doing.

The tattoo is for the sugi. If it's possible to sprite it it would be nice, but I'm sure no one is gonna be hurt if it doesn't make the translation.

>>25818831
S(he)'s a genius, ambitious sociopath with loads of business acumen and the gift of success.

>>25818840
Did you read the double brackets

>>25818842
Will do, incoming dump. I'll spoil them for those who want to go into the game blind
>>
>>25818890
Ok but why is she young? Why can't she be in her 30s? Why does every single player have to be a waifu? We all know that the plotwriters are fucking garbage, doesn't mean you have to design the characters to reflect that fact.
>>
>>25818867
She's black, she could be 50 for all you know

Pic related is nearing 60
>>
File: route 4.png (2 MB, 3000x1400) Image search: [Google]
route 4.png
2 MB, 3000x1400
CONFIRMED Route 4, barring dialogue.
>>
File: Route 5.png (1 MB, 2200x2000) Image search: [Google]
Route 5.png
1 MB, 2200x2000
>>25818901
What is the actual difference between "24" as you called it, and "in her 30s"

>>25818905
Dark skinned moreso than black. Probably of Latin or Middle Eastern (but almost definitely Latin) descent.

Here's FINAL REVIEW Route 5, barring dialogue
>>
File: Observatory.png (618 KB, 2100x848) Image search: [Google]
Observatory.png
618 KB, 2100x848
FINAL REVIEW Observatory, barring dialogue
>>
>>25818905
>Black
She looks tan hermano.

The ones on the left at least look younger. The ones on the right look older.

>>25818924
>still no rock smash mons
Well 24 looks youthful and happy and 30s looks older.
>>
File: Route 7.png (1 MB, 2600x1050) Image search: [Google]
Route 7.png
1 MB, 2600x1050
FINAL REVIEW Route 7, barring dialogue
>>
>>25818951
I mean, her age can be construed from anywhere in between post-college and pre-menopause. What do you want, some crows feet around her eyes? She doesn't have any kids so she wouldn't look post-maternity.
>>
>>25818951
rock smash was and is a mistake

no gamefreak mistakes
>>
>>25818890
>Pretty far down in the grand scheme of things
Daaaaaamn, Smokey throwing shade at all spriters. What they do is way more important than a lot of shit going on.
>>
This is the only fakemon game I've seen that the fakemon actually look good. I've avoided fakemon games because of how bad they always looked. Great job.
>>
>>25818988
yeah except that's not at all the context that was given in. Spriters are one of if not the most important contributors in the project. Get some reading comprehension senpai.

Why do I feel like the WH Press Secretary talking to a room full of reporters.
>>
has raptor been removed
>>
You probably get this a lot but this is my first time seeing this, do you have any expectations of when a final full version could be released. You've been working on it since October 2012. right?
>>
>>25818953
>more trainers with Cowatti
GEE

IT'S NOT LIKE EVERY ISSUE WITH LEVEL CURVES YOU HAVE HAD IS BECAUSE YOU HAVE TOO MANY COWATTI'S TO FACE. AND IT'S CERTAINLY NOT BEEN FIXED BY REMOVING COWATTI.

So let's see,
>>25818906
Wild Cowatti in both sides of the route. Brilliant.

>>25818953
Another trainer with a level 18 Cowatti.

Brilliant, you guys are geniuses. I mean, bravo on forgetting all of the other electric types out there or even considering giving a steel type to the electrician. I mean absolutely bravo.

Also why are Peppit and Pawter on so many routes? Don't you have more mons you could put there?
>>
>>25819026
Cowatti is the mascot though
>>
Hi /sage/ I miss you.

Been working really hard at school so unable to make any new music, and haven't really been on 4chan in a year. Hope all is well.
>>
>>25819050
And it has an abnormally high amount of XP and even Pikachu was only found in Viridian Forest.
>>
>>25819008
Spicy hot opinion coming in: raptor isn't that bad and barely talks in the chats

>>25819018
I forgot to put it in the OP but no, we have a strict thing about releasing deadlines. 2.0 Soon™

>>25819055
Check out the new music we're confirming! If you're a musician, hit us up with anything you want to come up with if you ever find the time, we're in the middle of confirming music for routes and locations. The project is doing great, btw.
>>
>>25819088
Is 2.0 what you're calling the full game or is it just more of the demo like 1.5.1? I'm sorry I'm just a bit excited over how well made this seems to be compared to other pokemon fan games.
>>
>>25819127
2.0 extends to and through Andante Bay. So it covers everything in 1.5.1, plus routes 3, the Dreamdery Ranch, Rustling Forest, Route 4, Legato Town, Route 5, The Abandoned Observatory, Starry Cave, Route 7, Dronia City (with possible dungeons there), Route 9, the Scrapyard, Route 10, and finally Andante Bay. It's gonna be a pretty sizable update.
>>
File: Jigglypuff_happy2.jpg (19 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
Jigglypuff_happy2.jpg
19 KB, 400x300
>>25819088
Well apparently my Quaver Town theme that I made years ago has just been locked in for the final version so I'm very happy about that
>>
>>25818793
this is actually legit. most character art for sage is cringeworthy but this is good.
>>
>>25818781
why there are two business people in Aurum?
>>
>>25819263
Capitalistic competition.
>>
>>25819170
hey, dumb copper! If you ever find time to get involved in the process again let us know somewhere here, or a post on the wiki or something. Great job on the Quaver theme.

>>25819188
baller, right? New artist's take on it. A lot of us fell in love.

>>25819263
There are way more than two, but which two are you talking about?
>>
>>25819315
about this Gold Lady and poison admin.
>>
>>25819188
He doesn't wear a goddamn poncho, for starters.
>>
>>25819353
One works for the other. Also, gold lady is only a business woman by consequence. Her main motivation isn't her business, it's power and her self-conflated image of superiority. Business is just a means to her end.
>>
So when are you fixing Magnitogre? It's just a lump.
>>
>>25819378
her signature mon should be goraurum
>>
>>25819397
the non-meme version, yes

Can you believe there are people RIGHT NOW who disagree with that idea, though?
>>
>>25819050
I thought the mascot mon was Viipii?
>>
>>25819475
It is, the yuropoors are just retarded.
>>
>>25819384
have you seen the original magnitogre? the turd is as polished as it's going to get
>>
File: psychologyofcolor.png (3 MB, 1224x2720) Image search: [Google]
psychologyofcolor.png
3 MB, 1224x2720
>>25818781
Why are all of your antagonists colored white? Doesn't anyone understand basic color theory? White=purity

If they're the bad guys you want dark colors. Grunts should be brown and nitty gritty desu senpai.
>>
File: icetope-chillnobyl-anim.gif (324 KB, 690x483) Image search: [Google]
icetope-chillnobyl-anim.gif
324 KB, 690x483
>>25818781
Third from the top is best. There's enough gold in the outfit so the yellow streak isn't necessary, plus the white streak helps her look a bit older/mature.

>>25818793
Fucking amazing, though the tattoo might be difficult to put into a tiny sprite.

>>25818804
Every one of these is great, and everything Ricardo remains GOAT.

Keep up the great work! I'm looking forward to the next demo, however long that may take.
Also, do you guys have any idea where this nigga might be encountered? Please let it not be right at the end of the game or something, I want it as soon as possible.
>>
I wish possession and standoff weren't moves

Possession hits the exact same things as Foul Play super effectively so it'll only ever see use on Phantern since it's the only thing that gets STAB on it, Standoff is just a 100% worse version of Mean Look. Where was the QC? Moves should add to the game, not just be there for the sake of their novelty. That's how you get shit moves like Magnetic Flux, Telepathy or Petal Blizzard
>>
>>25819540
grunt colors are still being discussed. The white motif for aurum's leader is because of her (his? but probably her) character. They're acutely narcissistic and strive for the ideals listed on that chart under white, namely "clean, pristine, spotless, efficient, sterile, cold, clinical". The main argument for white grunts is to fit the design of ETL. But, like I said, it's still being debated and it'll come down to survey as soon as carson fucking launches it.

>>25819546
No clear ideas for icetope yet, although when asked most would say the "sunken ship" event somewhere around mid-game.

>>25819604
yeah we all do anon, we all do. Custom moves and abilities are currently being reviewed read: The Great Culling is upon us
>>
How far can you get in the 1.5.1 demo right now? What gyms?
>>
>>25819625
get rid of ice rink and figure out how battering ram works while you're at it

it should just break reflect, light screen and substitute desu, if it breaks through protect then the BP should come down
>>
>>25819625
>sunken ship event
Let's talk this one out.

Let's use our brains and prove that the project isn't filled with idiots.

Why is there a sunken ship with nuclear waste going to Urobos?

Why is there a sunken ship with nuclear waste coming from Urobos?

Are you trying to imply that Icetope is a result of a nuclear accident and is thus a newer pokemon species? Because I wasn't aware of that being its concept.
>>
>>25819648
Icetope isn't nuclear waste, it's nuclear coolant and chillnobyl is nuclear winter

change sunken ship to abandoned nuclear sub and all your criticisms disappear
>>
>>25819663
Why is there an abandoned nuclear sub in a region that is mostly rural?
Why doesn't Urobos have nuclear power?
Why is there a nuclear powered submarine off the coast of Urobos?
>>
>>25819639
Up to Quaver

>>25819642
Ass Rink is being culled and replaced with something not stupid

>>25819648
Tone down the salt there friendo. A major theme of the region is environmentalism and industry. Is it possible that one of the businesses in Urobos is either importing or exporting nuclear components? Maybe. Who knows? I said it wasn't confirmed.

>>25819663
Yeah a nuclear sub is a dumb idea.

>>25819677
>why doesn't Urobos have nuclear power
Because it's a largely rural region. Maybe they're importing nuclear components to start working on nuclear power? Are you answering your own questions?
>>
>>25818781

>Brown office lady.

MY DICK
>>
>>25819677
ask india, it's mostly rural and still has nuclear capability

i think it should be a gift mon from a time traveller, that idea was posted before but it's not a popular one; i don't see anything wrong with it since time travel has been canon since the turn of the century

>>25819690
you're a dumb idea
>>
>>25819315
>baller, right? New artist's take on it. A lot of us fell in love.

That was mostly you.
>>
>>25819690
You're not answering the questions in the slightest. Importing nuclear energy from where, why is it in a submarine instead of being shipped commercially, why is Icetope now related to nuclear waste, why does the importation of nuclear components involve radioactive waste, who is sending nuclear reactor components, is icetope even native to urobos or was it brought along by the foreign nationals, why is icetope able to swim all of a sudden and exist in cold waters of route 8, why are people sending a new trainer to a scene of intense radioactivity?
>>
>>25819604
Read Rosewater's history of posts on card game design, then come and talk about how new things need to always "add to the game" in a way that's never strictly worse or basically equivalent to existing things.

I'm not saying he's right (he's often not), but your position is laughably underdeveloped by comparison.
>>
>>25819736
guilty, although I didn't see a single negative comment against it

>>25819737
>why is it in a sub instead of being shipped commercially
yeah I literally just said that's probably not going to happen and is a dumb idea

>why is icetope now related to nuclear waste
you're doing that, not me.

>rest of your rant about waste
you not me

>who is sending nuclear reactor components
I don't know, another country?

>is icetope even native to urobos
one would assume that the only running idea for its distro being a sunken ship would answer your question

>can icetope swim
possibly? it's a slug, it sure can slither. do trainers grow gills when they dive underwater?

>why are people sending a new trainer
no one is sending them there, it's been planned as an encounter event as far as I know
>>
>>25819737
What does your question mean? You can't just import nuclear energy. You can't put it into barrels and ship it to Port-au-Prince or Istanbul or whatever. That's not a thing that happens

http://www.world-nuclear.org/information-library/nuclear-fuel-cycle/transport-of-nuclear-materials/transport-of-radioactive-materials.aspx

>Some 300 sea voyages have been made carrying used nuclear fuel or separated high-level waste over a distance of more than 8 million kilometres. These cargoes are generally carried in purpose-built ships.

furthermore, you're operating on the false dichotomy that this region has to be the origin or destination. If I take a plane from NY to LA, my plane could end up in Iowa. Was that my intended destination? According to you, yes, it was
>>
>>25819764
Did you really expect me to do that when you posted your suggestion? Be honest.
>>
so I take it you guys aren't accepting any help with anything that isn't spriting, right
>>
File: Hmmm.png (4 KB, 177x264) Image search: [Google]
Hmmm.png
4 KB, 177x264
>>25819540

Subverting psychological expectations relating to color can be just as effective, and in some contexts more effective, than playing them straight.

However...

>>25819625

>They're acutely narcissistic and strive for the ideals listed on that chart under white, namely "clean, pristine, spotless, efficient, sterile, cold, clinical". The main argument for white grunts is to fit the design of ETL.

This being the case, it WOULD actually make sense if newly inducted grunts were rougher around the edges and had darker colors, which each rank leading up to Admin getting progressively more "pure" and "neat" in terms of color and clothing style as they are refined into the group's ideal image of what a human should be.
>>
>>25819813
anyone is free to join to do whatever they want, message joepresty111on skype
>>
>>25819050

Could you just lessen the amount of exp it gives? level curve is a serious issue.
>>
Thought came to me when checking movepools and how high level some movesets go.

Any plans on what is the expected level for your team when you do Elite 4?
>>
>>25819863
general idea is 70s-80s
>>
>>25819781
what if instead of a ship it's a downed dirigible
>>
>>25819863
Level cap or bust
>>
>>25819869
zeppelinfag get out right now
>>
>>25819868

That sounds good. Proper endgame.
>>
>>25819879
what if it's an abandoned airplane
>>
>>25819900
Are you saying that someone crashed this plane?
>>
>>25819926
with no survivors
>>
>>25819796
No, okay, saying you should trawl the whole history of it was overstating the case that you sound stupid at the expense of actually helping. Sorry, that was dumb.

Here, a well-regarded if older article on the topic: http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/when-cards-go-bad-2002-01-28

Basically: some moves are bad. They can't all be "the best" if there's any differences at all, and competitive players will *always* find out which ones are actually better. So some have to exist for reasons other than "it alters the state of the game." If you have limited access to moves, Standoff is sure better than nothing for a trapping move. No, no one is ever going to use it competitively, or even in a 'high-power' playthrough. That's fine. Alternatively, some exist to promote flavour and feel. Standoff definitely feels that way as well.

I'm really not expressing this optimally.
>>
>>25818758
When can we catch Pottle? Please tell me before the water gym...
>>
Is there a way make the game full screen?
>>
>>25820106
there is not. sorry, friend.
>>
>>25820040
Of course some moves are better than others. I would never use Ember over Flamethrower if I could help it, but Ember is far from a useless move since it will help you get to a point where you can use Flamethrower. There are other more similar moves, like the choice between Discharge and Thunderbolt, or Bonemerang/Land's Wrath and Earthquake but I would never make the argument that one of them is shit.

You could even make the argument that lesser used moves like Telepathy and Quash have their own merit simply by being unique in their effects, but that argument doesn't really exist with Standoff, especially since all the pokemon that learn it can conceivably have Block and/or Mean Look added to their movepools.
>>
>>25820138
Eh, it's okay. Have you played the game through yet?
>>
>>25820225
I have; many, many times now.
>>
>>25819824
to be honest it's a little intimidating adding someone from the project without knowing if I can bring anything at all to the table
>>
>>25818758
>Xochi's name is a contraction of Xochiquetzal.

It's not a contraction, it's an abbreviation

also
>Let's change Xibalbat to Shibalbat to better reflect the intended pronunciation
>Let's name our signature legendaries Xochi and Xotec

How did this happen
>>
>>25820289
don't worry, there's plenty of noncontributing shitposters like myself who just hang around and leech.

on the real, I'm sure we can find something for you to do. If not, you can just hang out in offtopic.
>>
>>25820258
Thanks good. I'll give it a shot then. Have you tried playing it with a controller?
>>
>>25820315
Idiots.

Xotec isn't even based on anything from Mexico afaik
>>
>>25820363
You can if you're good with some weird key to button mapping set up. I'm comfortable enough with the keys, but it should work fine.
>>
>>25820455
Yeah that should be fine. Is there anything I should know before I start?
>>
>>25820550
If you could, give feedback in this thread. Pokemon you had in your final party, what level they were, any thoughts about design elements, route design, things that caught you off guard...

Any feedback would be appreciated.
>>
>>25820083
Bumping this.
>>
>>25820887
>>25820083
Not in 2.0, sorry.
>>
>>25820887
No. Its expected to be found around the 5th gym
>>
>>25819604
>>25819625
>>25819642
>>25819690
make sure you guys don't just replace them with thinks that are worse or just as bad,

I'd rather you take your time and have 2.0 come out the extra 2-3 weeks late then for you all and us to be stuck with something sub par
>>
>>25821009
Uhhh why that late? Isn't that gym near the desert?
>>
>>25821055
prepare for 3 Scald clones.
>>
>>25821055
fuck, "things", not "thinks"

damn autocorrect
>>
>>25821060
Bumping this
>>
>>25821165
Because its a cactus in a pot. Desert and cactus is kind of a thing.
>>
>>25821090
Forge Press and Depth Charge are 90% of the way there already
>>
>>25821202
Have you read the dex entries?
>>
>>25821230
I wrote maybe half of them.
>>
>>25821232
So then why is the plant that relies on farmers and fertile soil in a desert?
>>
File: 4.jpg (37 KB, 300x294) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
37 KB, 300x294
>>25821246
Gee anon. I don't know. Maybe to spite you?

Chances are that it wont appear anywhere in the wild. By the time the player is in the desert area, the levels will be such he will be battling wild trikotta.
>>
>>25821279
Why would you want to spite us? And why wouldn't you find it in the wild? That's unheard of for wild pokemon in the generation they're introduced.

I don't understand?
>>
>>25821302
there are plenty of pokemon that can't be found in the wild in the gen they're introduced

e.g. every starter, eevee, zorua, riolu, stingulor, mr. mime, farfetch'd, lickitung, aerodactyl, etc
>>
File: 213.jpg (40 KB, 300x286) Image search: [Google]
213.jpg
40 KB, 300x286
>>25821302
>Why would you want to spite us?
because you're making such a big deal out of this, you're incredibly easy to bait.

>And why wouldn't you find it in the wild? That's unheard of for wild pokemon in the generation they're introduced.
Can the same be said for gens 1 and 5? They both have completely unique pokedexs. I'm sure there are multiple examples of mons not being in the wild.

>I don't understand?
That's ok anon
>>
>>25821332
Gift
Event mon
Baby
Not a mon
Trade
Trade
Trade
Fossil
>>
>>25821279
>>25821232
>>25821302
>>25821336
I don't think it needs to literally be found in the desert, it going in 15 or even 12 I think could still work and would allow it to be about 4-6 levels lower.
>>
What's the current firmware version?
>>
>>25821417
firmware doesn't pertain to games, which are software.
>>
>>25821463
Is the current software version 1.51?
>>
>>25821497
It's labeled something like 1.5.3 or whatever but just think of it as v0.2.3 though.
>>
>>25821497
The current public one is yes
>>
>>25821351
you used too many words to say "I agree"
>>
>>25821511
Is there a newer non-public version?
>>
Is there a system requirements page? I get a black screen after the opening when I press Enter.
>>
>>25821575
Have you tried hitting enter a second time
>>
File: itsfuckingnothing.png (96 KB, 200x700) Image search: [Google]
itsfuckingnothing.png
96 KB, 200x700
>>25818906
So the person responsible for this map just took Route 119 and made it worse?

Cool
>>
>>25818764

Chardinal line is still absolute dogshit. One of the worst designs in sage or anything Pokemon related. It looks like something out of Skylanders.
>>
>>25821544
yes but it's purely for testing and doesn't have much at all implemented, it's just what's in 1.5.1 with some edits to trainer teams to try to help reduce overleveling, maybe with r3 on top of that, but i'm not sure about that last bit since I haven't been paying attention to it.
>>
>>25821596
Thanks Anon! You're a lifesaver!
>>
>>25821649
We're going to have to name the .exe "PUSH ENTER TWICE" for the number of times this has popped up; don't worry about it, anon.
>>
>>25821644
I see. Thanks for the information.
>>25821669
Haha, Which key functions as the A button? I can't make it to the controls.
>>
>>25821711
Nevermind I figured it out.
>>
>>25821711
yea... somehow we broke the controls.

c and enter are A
esc and x are B
z is run
wasd keys or arrow keys are moving
>>
>>25818758
/r/ing older versions of the entire pokedex image, if anyone has them.
>>
>>25818905
her face looks artificial
>>
>>25821758
her face looks hot
>>
>>25821279
GET OUT OF HERE FLOWY STOP FILOWING MEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FUCKING DEMON FLOWER >:(( UR NOT REAL STOPPPPLLLLL IM TELL
>>
>>25821607
They're nothing alike aside from having a big river in the middle
>>
File: 12.jpg (35 KB, 300x265) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
35 KB, 300x265
>>25821822
I'm the sun. not a flower.
>>
>>25821898
UR LIE SFOF FOLLOWING ME IM CALLING POLICE ON U
>>
A controller works fine by the way. I'm using Xpadder for mapping.
>>
Is there a fast reset?
>>
>>25818943
Are you going to fight ricardo and your rival again before getting here?
Or will that be foliat-bros and kidling-friends first time seeing iguadium?
>>
>>25822038
f12 I think. save first.
>>
>>25822054
There's a ricardo fight in Legato, before the Observatory.
>>
File: 103.png (160 KB, 788x788) Image search: [Google]
103.png
160 KB, 788x788
>http://capx.wikia.com/wiki/Scavenger_(ability)
Scavengers eat the leftovers of other animals prey, the whole point is being able to eat without being yourself a hunter. As such, this ability should really be changed to "when an opposing pokemon faints" rather than just when said pokemon knocks them out.

Also Desoula is a qt.
>>
>>25822068
Thanks!
>>
>>25822075
Oh yeah the saloon, cool thanks.
>>
>>25822114
you said as much last or in the april fools thread.
>>
File: Desoula_Icon_Ani_B1.gif (1 KB, 32x32) Image search: [Google]
Desoula_Icon_Ani_B1.gif
1 KB, 32x32
>>25822163
Yeah but the thread was dead.
>>
>>25818781
>evil brown psycho with killer eyebrows
she reminds me of various exes
>>
>>25821621
the fuck are you smoking
>>
>>25822343
To be fair, it does look like a Skylanders toy.
>>
File: why fu.png (379 KB, 1510x1008) Image search: [Google]
why fu.png
379 KB, 1510x1008
>>25818781
fun with colours, I know that these don't really fit the theme but I think some of them suit her better

maybe the originals could benefit from an armband with the team insignia on it
>>
Armband is going too far.
>>
>>25822402
Give her gloves.

Gloves means that a character is hiding something.
>>
>>25822114
Sorry but it's written to match moxie.
>>
>>25822796
it should be written to match the effect

If it triggers whenever the foe faints, the if the foe faints though DoT then the user should recover HP. is that how the ability works or not?
>>
>>25822402
Yyyyeah, none of these are all too great.
>>
>>25822816
It is not no.
>>
>>25822816
Or (much more interestingly) when your teammate in double battles gets KO's.

>>25822836
The point of >>25822114
was that it should trigger no matter how the opponent dies, not that it's written poorly.
>>
>>25822816
we don't want a stronger moxie. Its already good.

If the name triggers your autism, you're just going to have get over it.
>>
>>25822861
Having the ability make sense for the pokemon is important.
If it's too good the amount it heals can just be lowered.
>>
Is Majora here?
>>
>>25822911
slow down, lil' nigga.
>>
>>25822911
Yeah what's up?
>>
>>25822946
How many posts of these are yours
>>
Newfangled here again, why is Avalynx not dark and ice type?
Sorry if this has already been discussed.
>>
Newfag*
>>
>>25822949
I helped the guy get to the title screen with >>25821596 and made >>25821409 and that's it unless I'm forgetting something.

I'm not really following the thread that closely.
>>
>>25822861
>anon suggests making a minor change to an ability's effect so it fits the concept
>autism get over it

>>25822956
Because types are more than their color pallet.
>>
Lynxes literally are nocturnal predators.
Tbh his design is great but I feel like he is just another Luxray who's secondary typing should have been dark and whose speed could've been better. I'm no smogondude but stab crunch would be really nice, dark type avalynx just sounds like it was supposed to be.
Oh we'll probably just me being fag
>>
>>25823052
Dex has been locked for years, sorry friend.

It's just not in the cards.
>>
>>25823065
didn't you guys fix that other pokemons typing just this week?
>>
Hey anons, only discovered this project today and I've just finished playing the demo – just wanted to let you know that this is some good shit and I can't wait to see how this turns out.

Godspeed ;_;7
>>
Locked as in? Unchangeable?
What are surveys for then? Just sprites?
>>
Post your bro.
>>
>>25823077
kek, nope.

>>
>>25823131
Don't fucking act like you motherfuckers didnt try to retype Pebblosa. Dont you fucking lie to the anons faces.
>>
Can someone explain why the best mons in the game are water types and fire types are like lesser and weak?
Trust me I have looked at the Dex, move pools and stats
>>
>>25823145
"didn't you guys fix that other pokemons typing just this week?"

Did we throw out the idea? Maybe. Did we ACTUALLY change anything? kek, nope.

>>
>>25823145
10 to 10 in favor of changing it. Since it wasn't a super majority, no change. 50% split exactly for change is pretty worrying. I mean, half the project has shit taste.
>>
>>25823197
>sunny bunny
>fuelong
>weak
>>
>>25823209
nothing changed. we pitched an idea and older, wiser users decided that we should not be changing these things after this long, the matter was dropped entirely by everyone.

no need to rouse the anons, anonfriend.
>>
>>25823209
So in the future, you should just ignore any idea those 10 people who advocated changes because they obviously are detrimental to your project!
>>
What's this about a type change?
>>
Lutrajet
Hurricanine
Hydranticus
Ragnarow
Aguanaut.
To name some off the top of my head, all of these having all of these having good typings, abilities and high af base stats compared to the rest of the dex
>>
>>25823259
Shit
OP
Good
OP
Shit
>>
>>25823259
You do realize that you chose a starter and members of two "trios" that have equivalents in the fire type, right?
>>
>>25823290
Aguanaut isn't shit, which is actually a big problem when comparing it to the other two starter choices.
>>
Why are all the fire types fire/rock?
>>
>>25823350
Because they rock
>>
Hell fucking no.
All water types are nearing the 500 basestat total or go over with 10-40 more points.
Even the ones with lowe stats have insane level up learn sets and when you look at the tm's list they get the entire OU meta game.
First evo's be like 350 but their next and last suddenly is 505?
Mah nigga?
And the typings, good lord.
Tell me how fire is good in this game, not trying to spread hate but I just want to know
>>
>>25822956
there is no reason for it to be dark type unless lynxes are nocturnal
>>
>>25823197
because this is a pokemon game so it reflects pokemon as it is
>>
>>25823458
>all
scubug, fettlekish, bullotus, soakoth, mawasite

are you even trying, anon?
>>
>>25823458
I already told you, you illiterate nigger.

Fuelong and Sunny Bunny are fucking amazing.

Jesus it's like you ate your retard pills hard this thread.
>>
>>25823458
Lutrajet, Ragnarow and Aguanaut are in trios. All three trios have fire types with identical base stat totals at every evolution stage. Even the move sets are parallel: Ragnarow and Fuelong learn similar moves at similar times, and both are highly specialized to a particular niche. Fuelong as a suicide sweeper is excellent with the Aftermath ability and moves like Work Up, Caustic Breath, and Overheat.

You're full of shit, anon. What is your real motive here? Just to start false drama?
>>
Mawasite is a god? Hell fucking o?
This boy's learn set is insane with Aqua jet knock off good attack and speed, access to adaptability eq, SD, ID, brick break, frost slash and dragon tail. It's got great stab too...
"Not even trying".
>>
>>25823555
So what's your reddit handle?
>>
Mawasite is a god? Hell fucking o?
This boy's learn set is insane with Aqua jet knock off good attack and speed, access to adaptability eq, SD, ID, brick break, frost slash and dragon tail. It's got great stab too...
"Not even trying".>>25822956
Said it was a nocturnal predator already
>>
>>2583529
Those are two. Silence.
>>
Please tell me the parallel to Lutrajet and for that matter Dunkywunkr Mawasite hurricane hydranticus.

I'm not trying to create drama, I just want to hear solid reasons instead of a person talking about two supposedly good fire Pokemon and someone talking about trios for only three Pokemon.
>>
I'm not even bashing the game. I like it, had a question that no one seemed to answer without piles of retardation being thrown around
>>
>>25823690
good fucking god, anon. stop spamming

also
>type one type
>whine loudly about how another type doesn't have equal mons

where are my steel equivalents to bug types? My fire to ghost? How come psychic mons have access to so many of X move but not Ice type?
>>
I really like the evolution sequence. Great job whoever designed it!
>>
>>25823336
Aguanaut is irredeemable shit in every single respect

>>25823549
>excellent sweeper
>work up

what planet are you from
>>
Does the game have breeding? If so is there a Pokemon like Ditto?
>>
>>25823773
http://capx.wikia.com/wiki/Viipii

Here's the ditto mon
>>
Hey dude who doesn't know how to reply and is probably from redditt or underage.

Go on viipii dot crabdance dot com and challenge the guy with the aardvark name.
>>
"Whining"
Uhuh, me asking questions politely but being met with "bunny, dragon, trios"
As for types, I asked why.
Water types predominantly sport the higher stats and wider move pools with many of them having great abilities to boost them even further. I noticed how fire was the complete opposite and asked why, I'm not pitting just fire against water but water in general. If you want me to talk about the imbalance of the typings and their stats then just say so and I will.
>>
>>25823555
>>25823458
Get banned.
>>
>>25823803
I've shown to be able to reply before.
The server is offline.
>>
>>25823909
How old are you?
>>
I'm not even going to try, already butthurt because I talked about a touchy subject.
Or is it just 4chan autism?
I'll try reddit next :]
>>
>>25823748
The one in Sagemon, which has a different meta than you're used to, you faggot.
>>
>>25823052
Why would luxray be dark?
>>
>>25823883
Couldn't connect to server!
>>
>>25823909
You have a non-standard definition of "politely," I think.
>>
>>25823747
Someone made something besides that god-awful spin? Post.
>>
>>25823986
It says that its down because bigros a fag in the op.
>>
>>25824009
Well this is kind of awkward. I like the spin. Maybe it was improved?
>>
>>25822402
>Theme is gold riches and finance
>Every color but gold

Good job kid.
>>
showdown servers up nagnagnagnagnag
>>
How early do you get Doppole?
>>
>>25824074
Please meme all over that faggot with fire types.

Use the fun Flarrapin set with the best flying coverage move.
>>
>>25824127
R7, so right before second gym.
>>
>>25824154
Thanks. Will it gain the form of the ball I catch it in?
>>
>>25824172
Ah now this nigger is trolling.
>>
>>25824191
Does it not do that?
>>
>>25824132
but our fire types are shit.

He isn't wrong. Fire is just a bad type.
>>
>>25824225
Fuelong isn't shit.
Scovalope isn't shit.
Only the fire/rocks are garbage and even then Volcoalder has bulk.
>>
I leave the thread for a couple hours and you guys bully some poor reddit kid who just started playing competitive Pokemon

Good going guys. Remove bigro when
>>
>>25824275
He was being a dick though
>>
>>25824211
nah, description is a little tough. you encounter different variants in the wild.
>>
>>25824335
Is there one for every ball?
>>
>>25824356
In a perfect world, yes.
>>
>>25824335
Why do you find wild Doppole in Route 9
>>
>>25824370
:'( How many variants is there?
>>
>>25824380
because doppoles, like many creatures, need food to survive. also, sitting in one place probably gets dreadfully dull.
>>
>>25824396
That's why they are ambush predators.

Why are the distributions for Routes 9 and 10 so fucked up?
>>
>>25824383
well, use your imagination a bit. at least 4, that's guaranteed.
>>
>>25824405
sorry to disappoint you, anonfriend.
>>
>>25824418
Is premier one of the four?
>>
>>25824445
>pokeball
>great ball
>ultra ball
>master ball
these are the most likely to occur. others may follow, time willing.
>>
>>25824429
No, seriously, how can you justify the abysmality of those distros? It looks like you guys couldn't figure out the routes and just threw pokemon that you thought would work there.

What the hell is route 9 even supposed to be?
>>
>>25824463
So if I want one in a Masterball, I need to catch a Viipii with it, and then breed for one?
>>
>>25824478
Route 9 is route 9.

Whats hard to understand?
>>
>>25824517
What's route 9 supposed to be. Don't be pedantic here.
>>
>>25824380
>>25824478
It's next to dronia and the scrapyard, so shit to put on their head is abundant, and it's wet, and doppole line are amphibious in design.

What doesn't make sense about that?
>>
>>25818758
Is this supposed to be the capybara pokemon? Did it get a redesign or is this a old one? I haven't followed Sage for a long time.
>>
>>25824478
Damn, your expert opinions showed us. Thank you for correcting our decisions with your excellent alternative of ___

fill in the blank
>>
>>25824547
Toxito
Platypow
Totter
Flowger
Pottle

A few puddles doesn't make a route wet. For all we know, it just rained on the route.
>>
>>25824546
its a really old one
>>
>>25824557
>Pottle
Opinion discarded
>>
I want to cum inside Capabara!
>>
>>25824557
>pottle
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.