[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you measure these Pokemon 'heights'? Height/Length/Wingspan
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7
File: height.png (291 KB, 1131x791) Image search: [Google]
height.png
291 KB, 1131x791
How would you measure these Pokemon 'heights'?
Height/Length/Wingspan

Also, lets discuss how crazy some Pokemon heights are. I'm looking at you Excadrill.
>>
Birds are measured from head to ground
>>
>>25773642
and what if they're flying?
>>
>>25773568
>Mole is small
>this is crazy
Lol wut?
>>
>>25773568
Just look at ORAS dex.
>>
>>25773568
penis lenght
>>
Mega Alakazam has a crazy height

Doesn't quite match, but Wailord's weight makes it less dense than AIR
>>
>>25775810
Wailord is a blimp.
>>
Noctowl is bigger than Salamence,
Gliscor is larger than Charizard.
Those are the ones I remember right now
>>
Nidoking is smaller then a Venonat.
>>
>>25773568
>God of the Pokemon universe
>a fucking manlet compared to Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina
>>
File: 1333120530049.jpg (43 KB, 413x427) Image search: [Google]
1333120530049.jpg
43 KB, 413x427
>>25775810
If something is less dense than air, how do you measure its weight?

Would you need a giant vacuum chamber to store Wailord in, or is there a simple solution to this that I'm not thinking of?
>>
File: 1301453106739.jpg (70 KB, 301x450) Image search: [Google]
1301453106739.jpg
70 KB, 301x450
>Dunsparce is nearly 5 feet long
>>
File: solution.jpg (153 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
solution.jpg
153 KB, 2000x1000
>>25773669
>>
>>25775932
That's just its avatar. The true Arceus is said to have 1000 arms.
>>
File: arceus.png (47 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
arceus.png
47 KB, 250x250
>>25775932
fuck forgot pic
>>
>>25775936
https://van.physics.illinois.edu/qa/listing.php?id=234
>>
Heracoss: Gree
Salamance: Red
Scoliopede: neither, length
Volcanroa: green
Yanmega: red
Hydreigon: Red

>>25775810
That's the point nigga
>Float whale pokemon
>>
File: 250px-595Joltik.png (49 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
250px-595Joltik.png
49 KB, 250x250
You'd think throwing a pokeball at this thing would kill it
>>
File: SunkernwithSlows.jpg (69 KB, 335x339) Image search: [Google]
SunkernwithSlows.jpg
69 KB, 335x339
The slowpoke family seems too big
>>
>>25773835
The ORAS dex is incorrect. It measures the pokemon inconsistently within itself. If you look at the measurements when theyre organized from shortest to tallest, you can see a ton of them that are like the same body size, supposedly the same height, with totally different heights according to the model.

It's good for a rough approximation, but nothing as concise as what OP's looking for.
>>
>>25773568
obviously the horns aren't measured into height for the bugs. i'm not actually sure how dragonflies are measured, but I assume head to tail like most bugs and not by wingspan like birds. hard to say with dragons because dragons
>>
>>25776408
>source material is wrong.
There's two ways to think about, either a retcon to previous heights or the way they're measured varies between Pokemon ie two Pokemon are both 5'0'' on average but on is measured from top to bottom and the other length making the latter look smaller but to say the newest source material is wrong is bullshit.
>>
>>25777231
>but to say the newest source material is wrong is bullshit.

Well considering that even in game source material of two of the exact same things is inconsistent.. yeah. It's wrong.

According to the dex, you shouldnt be able to ride Lati@s. Yet you can. Official art from Sugimori of Charizard's size contradicts the dex. Hell, even between games, they depict the sizes as incorrect-- old pokedex measurements were wrong too.

Besides, you can do as many mental gymnastics as you want, but some of the pokemon in the dex that they measure that are the SAME height have the same exact body type and are still different sizes. It's not a case of like Hydreigon to Magmortar where you can concieve different sizes, there are multiple points of inconsistency among multiple 'mons of the same height. Specifically I remember the pokemon in the 5'11 category.
>>
>>25777270
Why can't you ride a Mega Lati? They're like 6ft almost. As I said probably measured differently even between body sizes ie Crobat really is tall as fuck and not measured by wingspan yet some other fliers are measured via wings and as for the Charizard thing it's called a retcon, now while I'm not saying it isn't contradictory and inconsistent because it is, I am saying since it's the newest source and previous sizes would be deemed a retcon.
>>
>>25777270
To use a specific example, take a look at Latios, Hippowdon and Tangrowth.

The dex claims theyre all 6'03. Latios is significantly shorter than both of them. Latios is shorter and less wide than Hippowdon. The only way those 2 could match the same height is if you measured Hippowdon from the feet to the top of it's back while measuring Latios from nose to tail... okay. Problem is, neither of these measurements fit Tangrowth. Tangrowth is shown as being taller than Hippowdon (and thus taller than Latios' length), but thinner than both Hippowdon's height and Latios' length. So Tangrowth contradicts both applications of that, despite being listed as the exact same height. There's also Mewtwo and Slowking, both the same height. Mewtwo is taller than Slowking, but also longer in the model despite being the same height, crown included.

Rhydon, Raikou and M-Houndoom are all the same height, 6'03 again. M-Houndoom visually matches Rhydon if you measure from M-Houndoom's horns. M-Houndoom doesn't match Raikou if you measure from the horns.

Theres a shit ton of these. They're easy as hell to spot. I literally just picked the first few I found.
>>
>>25777340
>They're like 6ft almost.

It's 6 feet according to the numbers, but not the models it shows. It shows both wingspan and height of Latios as being roughly the height of the black outline trainer model.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.