[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who was your first shiny? Mine was zubat, and i wasn't even
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 25
File: 041_Zubat_Shiny.png (101 KB, 647x600) Image search: [Google]
041_Zubat_Shiny.png
101 KB, 647x600
Who was your first shiny? Mine was zubat, and i wasn't even mad, teach him shadow ball and shit (on pokemon crystal)
>>
>>25730787
Swinub, FR.

Both Crobat and Mamoswine are bros for me.
>>
Raticate in Pokémon Pearl while I was EV training, I think. That or a Poliwag in Leaf Green.
>>
A Tentacool in Ruby, I called her Sapphire We brought much pain.
>>
File: 1459009940167.jpg (32 KB, 653x490) Image search: [Google]
1459009940167.jpg
32 KB, 653x490
shiny krabby while fishing in crystal

I ended up with a shiny Kingler that was forever my mvp until the game's internal battery died
>>
Gulpin in Y
That was when I just started shinyhunting
>>
Slowpoke in Tohjo Falls in Crystal.
>>
Staravia in Diamond, I put it in the box and never touched since. I already had a Staraptor on my team and its shiny color is so-so.
>>
fucking geodude. OG Ruby
>>
A fucking shiny Makuhita in Sapphire. Not a single shiny since that, and I played a LOT of pokemon.
>>
>>25730830
>>25730869
>>25730875
>>25730894
>>25730900
>>25730902
>>25730907
>all these babies
>>
>>25730916
The mandatory red Gyarados in GSC doesn't count.
>>
>>25730930
says who
>>
Ponyta in Crystal and Platinum

evolves to Rapidash, dem flames
>>
>>25730938
Everyone.
>>
File: first.png (665 B, 80x80) Image search: [Google]
first.png
665 B, 80x80
I was trying to find Houndoom in Pearl when I found Shiny Geodude.
>>
>>25730916
>shinies introduced in gen II
>there have been 4 gens since that all have shinies
>people were more likely to find shinies in the other 4 than the 1
Shocking

At any rate, it was a Wurmple in Sapphire. I didn't know what a shiny was, and this thing looked weird, so I caught it "just in case". I looked away when I was walking to Oldale Town, so I didn't see the sparkle of it. I've encountered 6 shinies so far among all my games, but I've still never seen one in my gen II cartridges.
>>
>>25730787
other than the red gyarados, i once found a shiny poliwag in pokemon gold. i was a dingus of course and didn't have enough ultra balls to catch it, and far too high level pokemon to reduce it's health, so i had to mercy kill it when i ran out of balls. Later got a shiny zigzagoon in pokemon Ruby. Nice with pickup in that game.
>>
Anyone have a shiny Tyrunt they don't want?
>>
>>25730787
First non Red Gyarados was Electrike in Ruby. Having a black Manectric was the fucking bomb.
>>
>>25730787
Spheal in Sapphire. Made me like Walrein ever since and I'm sad he sucks so bad.
>no scald
>no recover or slack off
Gamefreak please.
>>
File: shiny_wingull.png (66 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
shiny_wingull.png
66 KB, 500x500
>>25730787
it was on like, my first playthrough of ruby at the end of route 103, i think i was just trying to get my starter up a couple levels cause i almost got beat by may

i came across a shiny wingull. i was happy desu because i really liked pelipper back then.
>>
>>25731023
>because i really liked pelipper back then.
You don't anymore? What changed Anon? Where did it all go so wrong?
>>
>>25731031
well, i still think that its a really good example of a pokemon line, the design is pretty sweet, but as more an more pokemon came out i guess my tastes kinda shifted. i guess the end of gen 3 is when i lost that childlike joy of playing pokemon and started to get a bit more technical about the games. which is funny because i like gen 4 the best.

although ledian is still one of my favourite pokemon even though hes a shitmon, i always have faith that he'll pull through and get a sick buff.
>>
Idk opee. Maybe Pidgey back in FR/LG.
>>
Growlith in gold

I one shot crit it

In a later gold game I found a shiny caterpie

Before I could have pokeballs

In fire red I would find a shiny abra

That used teleport

I have never, ever caught a shiny.
>>
Not counting Red Gyarados, the first one I caught was a Golbat in Victory Road in Diamond, I named it Green, I sadly no longer have that copy of Diamond or all those Pokemon between it, Ruby, Sapphire, and Leaf Green sadly.

I do believe I ran into a Shiny at the base of Mt. Silver way back in Silver though, but didn't know they were a thing at the time, just thought Red Gyarados was special so I killed it.

Only shiny I've ever seen in the wild was that Golbat though beyond that.
>>
>>25731092
Tbh that sounds pretty mystical. I've been playing since blue and the only shiny I've encountered was a hariyama in on of my friend areas
>>
>>25731023
I caught one as well, but on one of the water routes (I forget which).

The one time it payed off to be a moron and not use repels.
>>
ponyta
>>
First shiny was a Zubat and I didn't have any balls. Second shiny was a Chimchar who is now an Infernape sitting in ORAS. Third shiny was a Ho-oh in Soul Silver. I lost my Soul Silver cartridge. Fourth shiny was a Ducklett in Black 2. I decided to start a new game in Black 2 after transferring everything off importance to White. Everything except the Ducklett that I forgot. Haven't encountered one in the wild since. Most likely because I always use repels.
>>
>>25730787

Funnily, mine was a Golbat in Victory Road when playing Silver.
>>
>>25730938

It's cheating, literally everyone sees the Red Gyarados, there's no accomplishment or even chance involved in it. It's kind of an unstated rule that scripted events don't count in "what was the first time X happened in your game", because it happened in EVERYONE's game.
>>
>>25730787
Found two shiny Hoppip and a shiny Corsola on GSC, and then no more shinies until 4th gen. Fucking 3rd gen, I hatched hundreds of eggs looking for a shiny Feebas.
>>
File: giphy[1].gif (1010 KB, 499x374) Image search: [Google]
giphy[1].gif
1010 KB, 499x374
>>25730787
Golbat in Silver, then Skarmory and Spinda in Ruby, and Tentacool in FR

>mfw Tentacool was Calm
>>
honedge. had to hatch it because i was sick of not finding a shiny after like 12 years of pokemon. since them i've been finding tons of them in gen 6.

still haven't found one outside of gen 6, gonna replay all the gens hopefully i'll get lucky
>>
I have 2 shiny zubats to my entire pokemon gaming... Remember that crobat is golbats flipped colors... Do you get a pink crobat...
>>
Do you still have your 3rd/4th gen shinies, guys?
>>
File: sandshrew.png (599 B, 64x64) Image search: [Google]
sandshrew.png
599 B, 64x64
First shiny I still have. Being a creative child, I called him "Slash."
>>
I have a shiny Totodile I got when I first started the game on SoulSilver, but I can't find it anywhere.
>>
>>25730787
Illumise in Ruby

I think I got one in G/S/C that wasn't red Gyarados but I can't actually remember what Pokémon it was.
>>
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 220x152) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7 KB, 220x152
This. Cacnea on emerald, i always hated cacneas but he was my first shiny and i loved him, i was telling all my friends "i have a golden cacnea". He took a place on my team and later evolved
Anyways, i hate cacneas
>>
File: wooper.png (27 KB, 172x189) Image search: [Google]
wooper.png
27 KB, 172x189
this little guy. I caught him in Gold...then the battery in the cart died and I had no way to transferring him over....but managed to reclaim him in the exact spot (a pool of water by the unknown cave) in Heart Gold.
>>
aron in either sapphire or emerald, can't remember which
I left it in the pc
>>
File: 103612.jpg (51 KB, 408x200) Image search: [Google]
103612.jpg
51 KB, 408x200
>>25730787
WAIT A FUCKING SECOND
zubat can't learn shados ball in gen 2
OP, you're a liar
>>
File: image.png (113 KB, 310x436) Image search: [Google]
image.png
113 KB, 310x436
Twice. FR and X (Friend Safari).
>>
Marill in Sapphire. Didn't really know that shiny pokemon were a thing, as I always thought of red Gyarados as a unique, specially coded pokemon when I was a kid and that it was the only pokemon with a different color palette.
>>
My first encounter was a shiny tentacool in silver. The first one I caught other than the red gyarados was a shiny hoothoot in crystal.
>>
File: Spr_4h_066_s.png (2 KB, 80x80) Image search: [Google]
Spr_4h_066_s.png
2 KB, 80x80
Machop in HGSS
>>
Shiny Hoppip in Crystal, carried it all game and it was actually pretty awesome as a Jumpluff. I miss it.
>>
Starly
>>
A fletchling while breeding for a good Talonflame no hidden ability
>>
Shiny Tangela in LG
>>
Shiny Golbat in Crystal. Night have been a mistake, but I traded it to my brother's friend for a Charizard and Ho-Oh.
>>
I feel like I may have had a shiny in GSC but I can't remember what it would have been. The earliest shiny I remember is a wingull in DPPt. I caught a couple shiny wingull actually but the only one that I remember where I caught it was by the building where you catch mons you transferred from gen 3.
>>
First seen was Poochyena in Ruby, the first encounter where you don't have any pokeballs, must have sat there for an hour absolutely gutted.

First caught was a Steelix at Victory Road in Diamond. Couldn't believe it. Was so excited I woke my mom up at 2AM to show her. I was 17 at the time.
>>
>been playing pokemon for 15 years
>never had a shiny
just
>>
File: tumblr_mqz2kwpEia1rhjfcvo1_1280.png (247 KB, 650x628) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mqz2kwpEia1rhjfcvo1_1280.png
247 KB, 650x628
>>25730787
Shiny wild hoothoot in Crystal after playing playing pokemon for 16 damn years. Call me a liar but it was february 29 this year and I was like "damn, it's a good day to play pokemon crystal one more time, maybe I will catch shiny this time?"
>>
>>25730787

Weedle in Crystal, appeared before I got the pokédex so I couldn't catch it

Didn't see another shiny for years
>>
>>25730787
Floatzel, I think.

Floatzel sucks.
>>
Shiny Zubat here as well, but in Pearl. I wanted to use it on my team, but I didn't feel like training it up from level 6 so I let it rot forever in the PC. Ended up forgetting I had it and erased it when I went to replay the game.

My "team" ended up being an Infernape solo run anyways
>>
Back when I was playing Emerald all the time, I ran into Oddish so often that I once told myself, "My first shiny will be Oddish." It happened about a month later. Route 117, male. Never did evolve it.
>>
>>25730787
Shiny Machop in Safari zone in SS. I managed to catch it, but hell did i have a heart attack.
>>
A motherfucking Trapinch.
>>
File: 042_Golbat_Shiny.png (112 KB, 680x599) Image search: [Google]
042_Golbat_Shiny.png
112 KB, 680x599
This thing.

Found him in Victory Road while training for Johto E4. Named him watermelon.
>>
>>25730916
>gen 3 is only second gen to have shinies
>being this retarded
>>
Shiny Pidgey in LG. Evolved that motherfucker into a Pidgeot and cloned the shit out of it in Emerald and traded then onto my 4th Gen games and so on. Now I've got Shiny Mega Pidgeot in ORAS, and a fuckton of them that I trade to plebs across the Internet for new shinies.
>>
>>25730916
people who were 10 in 2003 are 23 now
>>
Either Noctowl or Venomoth in crystal, can't remember. Also got a shiny Nidoking in FRLG and a fucking Bidoof in Pearl. Latest was a Manectric I found during a Nuzlocke of ORAS
>>
>>25730916
Ruby came out 14 fucking years man, even if it was their first game they'd likely be more than old enough to post on 4chan.
>>25730938
Also like others said, nobody counts Red Gyarados whatsoever.
>>
Red Garydos XDXD

For real though it was a Swellow, I've posted this story a couple of times before
>sapphire and ruby came out a few weeks ago
>trying to catch a Jigglypuff in the grassy area above the first gym, needed surf to get there
>look away for a second while long encounter entrance happens, sound muted because it public with friends
>find a Swellow, looks different from the one I saw a trainer use
>ask friend to show me a Swellow in his Pokedex
>mine is slightly green-ish
>figure it's a glitch, catch it anyway since I saved right before
>look at it in PC
>has a star
>keep it forever
I brought it to AS as soon as I could and got the little diploma for it and the Pokemon Coliseum Jirachi. Sadly Swellow isn't shiny in the small sprite on diploma.
Thankfully when you bring the pokemon over the name auto changes from SWELLOW to Swellow if it wasn't nicknamed
Now I've MM'd 30ish shinys, 1 of which hatched on the first egg and 1 hatched on second egg.
>>25735387
The autist calling people babies is saying they didn't play gen 2 I think.
>>
File: shinyvanillate.gif (1018 KB, 320x239) Image search: [Google]
shinyvanillate.gif
1018 KB, 320x239
i didn't find a shiny until gen 5
>>
>>25735455
>The autist calling people babies is saying they didn't play gen 2 I think.

Even if they didn't, they're old enough to post on 4chan, I mean they could have been in kindergarten then and still be old enough or at the absolute least very close to being 18. I feel like people forgot just how long ago Gen 3 actually was.
>>
>>25735528
When I think of Gen 3er's I just find it odd that they missed out on what truly were the origins of the game. I couldn't even fucking read when I played Red Version but that shit helped me learn how to. 4 year old me got stuck at Veridian Town guy who spilled coffee or some shit but I eventually figured out what to do.
>>
>>25735528

I've been playing since gen 1 and I didn't get a shiny until a gen 4 Raticate. Only on replays of LG and silver in my 20s did I get a shiny Poliwag and Tangela (lost to a dead battery. Rip in peace.)
>>
File: kermit.gif (2 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
kermit.gif
2 MB, 200x150
A shiny Hoothoot in Soul Silver when I was dicking around in the National Park.
Only other natural shiny I found was a Shiny Sneasel in X in a friend safari.
Named that fucker Comet.
One of my true bros.
>>
>>25735586
Same. Started with Red but got my first shiny in Soulsilver.
>>
>>25735516
It could be worse anon, you could have found several shinies and accidentally killed them or have them teleport, self-destruct, run etc.
>>25735528
Exactly. Or they could have just skipped gen 2 and went straight to 3,4,5 or 6.
>>
Ponyta in Diamond. bitchin blue flames.
I don't think I've ever found a shiny naturally other than that one. I have some dream world shit, but I can't for the life of me remember how I got them.
>>
>>25735586
Been playing since I bought Red about a month or so after launch when I was 8, only seen a Golbat in Diamond's Victory Road.
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 385x229) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 385x229
>>25730787
I almost shit myself when I caught this fucker.
>>
File: MFW I'm A Jiggle Puff.jpg (78 KB, 649x547) Image search: [Google]
MFW I'm A Jiggle Puff.jpg
78 KB, 649x547
Playing Gold on Pokémon Stadium 2.
In Mt. Silver, in the area where Red is.
A wild Shiny Onix appears.
HolyMew.jpeg
Battle it until it's low health.
Time to catch this bad boy.
No Pokéballs...
Top Fek
>>
Shiny Lapras in Silver's Union Cave.
>>
Shinx in Pearl. First encounter w/ pokeballs.
Named it Zapper.

Nostolgia.
>>
>>25735559
i find it odd that you missed out on what truly were the origins of video gaming

if your first game wasn't pong, i feel bad for you
>>
My first was a natu in gold. I was lucky enough to have my haunter out that had mean look. Then found a teddiursa like a week later that escaped.

A ferroseed in black while i was at work one day. Never used it, just boxed and and there it still sits.

I just started my first playthough of X 2 weeks ago and found a female combee and a ledyba within 3 days of each other.
I feel like just spending days just running around in the grass to see if anything else pops.
>>
File: shiny magikarp.png (653 KB, 893x993) Image search: [Google]
shiny magikarp.png
653 KB, 893x993
A fucking magikarp

I wish I was joking
>>
>Be me
>Playing pokemon OR
>Looking for Ralts because Gardevoir is a beast
>Having hard time finding one
>"You know, I bet I'll find a shiny before a Ralts"
>Next encounter
>Shiny Zigzagoon
I used that Zigzagoon, it was a beast.
>>
>hook red (or yellow I forget) up to stadium
>nidoqueen is purpley green for some reason
>always thought it was weird
>never suspected it was a shiney until a few years ago

Does this even make any sense? I went back and checked and it was real.
>>
File: 1442620447676.jpg (41 KB, 500x404) Image search: [Google]
1442620447676.jpg
41 KB, 500x404
>Playing Pokemon Gold on an emulator
>Shiny Girafarig appears
>Catch it
>Realise it doesn't matter because it isn't even a legitimate Pokemon due to being a cheap emulation
>>
>>25736020
>female combee
Combeeguy would fucking hate you
I don't have the cap but Combeeguy bred well over 4000 maybe it was over 400, can't rememberboxes of Combees and found 5/6 shiny male Combee
>>
Mine was also zubat, evolved him up to crobat and named him Echo, nigga was my homie, battery died last month, RIP Echo...
>>
Just got my first from a Wonder Trade, shiny Eevee.
>>
>>25736772
I remember this shit. I wish I had the screencap here.
>>
File: shiny.jpg (42 KB, 500x278) Image search: [Google]
shiny.jpg
42 KB, 500x278
An fucking bidoof
>>
>>25730787
Mine too. Found him in origin cave on the way to Groudon in Ruby, used my masterball on it instead of Groudon.
>>
>>25736795
Hooboy, someone is probably screaming at themself right now.
>>
>>25737582
Or just throwing away shinies with bad IVs. It was only maxed in HP.
>>
Numel named Shiny
>>
First shiny was caught without knowing it was a shiny in Black, Deerling. Though I did catch a Shiny Pidgey in LeafGreen some years later.
>>
>>25737764
Maybe but Eevees seem to be one of the most sought after shinies.
>>
File: 1458940416398.jpg (88 KB, 531x480) Image search: [Google]
1458940416398.jpg
88 KB, 531x480
>>25736821
>>25736772
>>
File: shiny.jpg (71 KB, 924x865) Image search: [Google]
shiny.jpg
71 KB, 924x865
My first shiny was a shiny Cyndaquil in Crystal. It was my second playthrough (the first time I picked Totodile) Got a shiny Cyndaquil without even trying (didn't reset or anything). I didn't even know what a shiny was back then. I somehow manage to play through the whole game without knowing and find out years later what I had. My house burned down and my Crystal went with it so it's dead now. Fitting for a Fire type I guess.
>>
That I saw or that I caught? I think I ran into a shiny at some point in Gold but I honestly don't remember. I do remember in Ruby, though.

I was outside playing Ruby with a friend and in the sun on those old GBAs it was hard to see the screen. I ran into a Tentacool which I thought looked different, but I couldn't tell and so I just ran from it. Didn't know what a shiny was at the time anyway. I later ran into a shiny Swablue which was very obviously gold instead of blue. I caught it, and learned what shinies were.

I don't think I've run into a single shiny since then despite playing every game through except BW2 and XY
>>
File: unnamed.png (84 KB, 335x439) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
84 KB, 335x439
This beauty
>>
>>25738014
Thanks senpai
RIP /shw/
>>
It was either Caterpie or Magikarp
>>
including emulations...i think my first shiny was dratini in Crystal...stupid cave, if not then it was poochyena on sapphire or, ralts and snorunt on emerald. cant remember which playthrough came first
ralts(female, trace. quirky, HP IV) and snorunt(male, inner focus, hardy, SP.Def IV) both are still with me, now on AS, sitting on my battlebox, both holding their stones
>memorias
>>
My first was a Vanilish outside Dragonspiral tower. I was at my friend white Jamal's house and we both lost our minds. To this day I can't hate the Vanilite line.
>>
An Electabuzz in Silver. I remember freaking out I had found "the King of all Electabuzz!" (I think some early Pokemon magazine had called shinies the king or ruler of all their kind.)
>>
Psyduck in Gold.
>>
>Get shiny gyarados post HGSS
>>
>shiny Bunneary
>it was a female
Traded it to an asshole, never gave it back. I wanted to kill myself.

Recently I catched a shiny bunneary using the Pokeradar but it's not a female, so gotta do it again.
>>
My one and only was a Lunatone in Sapphire.
To this day I hate that God damn pokemon.
>>
Only shiny ive ever had was one my friend gave me, shiny charmander since he knew it was my fav.
Never caught one myself and ive played pokemon for 15+ years now.
>>
shiny lairon in pokemon sappphire on my brothers cart since id been moved on to emerald. im running through victory road and i see it pop up with a swooshing star effect so i call my brother over and were both like oh catch it catch it. so i say use the masterball this dumb ass refuses since he knew he wanted to catch latias later. i swap out for altraia to use sing...

>roar
i still think about how i lost out on having a fucking shiny aggron to this day
>>
>>25730787
A Rattata, Pokemon Silver. Back then shiny colour for Rattata was silver. Till that moment I had no idea you could find a pokemon like that that is not Gyarados.
>>
>>25740198
Tfw caught a shiny Girafarig on my way to catch red Gyarados earlier.
Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.