[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you interpret moves like Wood Hammer as the Pokemon using
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: Abomasnow_XY083_Wood_Hammer[1].png (631 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Abomasnow_XY083_Wood_Hammer[1].png
631 KB, 1280x720
Do you interpret moves like Wood Hammer as the Pokemon using its physical body to attack, or using energy to form what they need for the attack, like in the anime?
>>
>>25665169
I don't usually interpret them literally
>>
>>25665169
My headcanon is kindof a mix between the two. If something where to use woodhammer it would form like a woody knot or club, but it would be actual wood growing from its body, not glowing energy.
>>
>>25665169
Physical. I hate that energy shit the anime does.
>>
>>25665197
a woody knot you say?
>>
>>25665169
Wood Hammer-The pokemon grows a very hard big tree that it than slams into the foe.

The energy shit is OOOH SO COOL to hook kids in.

Now I will describe attacks

Grass:

Solarbeam-User fires a concentrated beam of solar energy.
Seed Bomb-User shoots out large hard seeds that dead concussive damage to the foe
Vine Whip-User creates a vine then whips the opponent with it, depending on the force behind it the whip can cut into the foe or even slam them.
Power Whip-User creates giant vines then whirls them around like a flail and strikes the foe with it.
Energy Ball-User forms an orb of natural energy then fires it at the foe, the orb being energy burns and pierces through the foe while dealing some kinetic damage as well.
Razor Leaf-User creates leaves that can slice through steel with ease then sends them to mince the foe.
Magical Leaf-User creaes leaves with a pink aura outline that deal magical impact damage to the foe and follows them which is why they never miss.
Absorb-User sucks a small amount of lifeforce from the foe.
Mega Drain-User sucks a medium amount of lifeforce from the foe
Giga Drain-User sucks out a large amount of lifeforce from the foe.
Needle Arm-User's arm is covered in sharp thorns then is bashed into the foe.
>>
>>25665169
Flying:
Peck-User stabs the foe with its beak
Drill Peck-User spins like a corkscrew and stabs the foe with its beak
Wing Attack-User hits the foe with its wings.
Pluck-User stabs the foe with its beak open.
Gust-User generates a battering wind current
Tailwind-User makes the air surrounding its teammates move faster which in turn make them faster as well.
Aerial Ace-User swoops down on the foe.
Acrobatics-User strikes in the foe in a agile manner
Hurricane-User releases a powerful swirling windstorm at the foe
Brave Bird-User tucks its wings in and rams the foe, due to the risky nature it recoils.
Sky Drop-User picks up the foe and drops it down.
Fly-User flies out of range then dive bombs the foe
Sky Attack-User gathers energy then rams into the foe with more force than Brave Bird
Featherdance-User creates a flurry of feathers that stick on the foe harshly reducing their physical strength
Aeroblast-User fires a concussive destructive pressured air blast as the foe
Air Cutter-User generates a wind current that minces the opponent
Air Slash-User makes the air slice the foe
>>
>>25665169
I interpret the moves as the Pokemon using aspects of its biology to attack rather than every attack just being glowing light.
>>
>>25665169
It's literally a grass-type Double-Edge, they're just smashing the the fuck out of other guy with their stump arms.
I hate the lantern corps bullshit.
>>
>>25665169
Physical. Anime only have glowing shit because of budget.
>>
>>25665216
>physically hitting someone with psychic
>>
>>25665814
this.
also, in the anime it all a fucking glowing ball.
>>
>>25666027
>psyschock
>>
File: 1442318981074.jpg (74 KB, 800x532) Image search: [Google]
1442318981074.jpg
74 KB, 800x532
>>25665878
>lantern corps bullshit
>>
>>25666145
>psycock
>>
>>25666186
>"wood"hammer
>>
>>25665169
>not making the arms transmutate into dense wood not unlike Haki in One Piece
>Not a "Double Hammer" strike
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.