[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where were you when Pokemon went full Smogon? http://www.po
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (90 KB, 578x327) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90 KB, 578x327
Where were you when Pokemon went full Smogon?

http://www.pokemon.com/us/strategy/classic-link-battle-flashbacks/
>>
hey, that's pretty sweet
>>
>Onix
>ever
>>
>>25535253
Eh, he's not too bad really. I had one on my old Red playthrough and while it wasn't the best offense, it could withstand pretty much anything except Surf, but you already knew that
>>
this is a really great summary of the gen1 meta (shudder)
>>
Wow, this is actually really fucking cool. Strangely self aware, too, never expected to see the actual pokemon website express anything about the more hardcore element of pokemon.

Fuck yeah. This makes me weirdly happy. It's likethey give a shit.
>>
>>25535001
>black Jynx
SJWs BTFO
>>
>>25535001

Made me buy it a few days ago. That damn gen1 official art, man. Too bad Gen 1 OU is actually shit.
>>
TPCi hired some guys from NB to write for them, just fyi. And the older NB staff are ex-Smogon staff as well.
>>
I don't think I ever actually legit caught a Tarous in Gen I. So they were absolute motherfuckers huh?
>>
Karenfags on suicide watch.
>>
>>25535001
That art style kicks ass, so much nostalgia.
>>
>>25536440
that's actually pretty cool
>>
>>25536408
The thing is, Game Freak and The Pokemon Company seem well aware of the metagame.

Why else would they nerf weather teams, and introduce fairies in gen 6?
>>
>>25536588

They should put HAL in charge of the metagame aspects.
>>
>>25536588
Yeah, I just never thought of it as something big enough to actively try and teach players.

Then again, they did do a write up for EV's and IV's before, so perhaps I'm just overreacting.
>>
>>25536588
>GF is aware of the meta game
>does nothing about EV/IVs being actually awful

no, sorry but spending 13 hours a day hatching eggs and dumping boxes full of Charmanders on Wonder Trade isn't a skill

not to mention what it does to catching legendaries jesus
>>
>>25536808
>does nothing about EV/IVs being actually awful

Anon, they HAVE done things about both of those. Quite a bit actually.

IV's are way the fuck easier to deal with than they ever have been. Easier to check, easier to breed, easier to Hexa. EV's even have an entire feature dedicated to them now.

Is it enough? No, but Gen 6 marked a major step in the right direction. Give credit where it's due.
>>
>>25536808
The fact that RBY mons will be able to be transferred to Gen 7 suggests an IV revamp.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.