[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Been playing Pokemon blue on the 3DS and I've realized that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 640x640
Been playing Pokemon blue on the 3DS and I've realized that there are some Pokemon that used to be amazing that are now NU. Which Pokemon did you think used to be good, but is awful now?
>>
hypno and exeggutor
>>
>>25532988
half the gen1 psychic types
>>
Obligatory Tauros post.
>>
Pretty much every Pokemon that used to be good has fallen to shit tier. The only Pokemon that have remained amazing every generation is Starmie and Gengar.
>>
>>25532988
Dugtrio's RU.
Also it's still good, it's just really situational.
>>
>>25533110
still the fastest ground type. you know, if that's something you're looking for.

that base 35 hp though, ouch.
>>
>>25532988
Besides the obvious Psychic types, anything fast with Wrap, like Victreebel.

>>25533089
But Gengar is shit in gen 1.
>>
>>25533245
Gengar was shit, but it was still OU because it has always been overrated
>>
>>25533245
>>25533272

You guys have no idea what you're talking about. It's embarrassing.
>>
File: Ninjask.png (580 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Ninjask.png
580 KB, 1280x720
Goodnight, sweet prince.
>>
>>25533352
Educate us without just saying it was OU in gen 1
>>
Arbok
Toxiseed Venusaur
>>
>>25533407
It was essentially an Alakazam that while weak to Psychic, was immune to Normal which was just as OP in Gen I since the only other type that can defend against Explosion or high crit moves like Slash were Rock types. And the only good Rock types were Golem and Rhydon, so Taurus and Persian were pretty OP and good at taking out Defensively fragile Alakazams. Especially Persian since Slash would pretty much always Crit

Also gets Thunderbolt, which Alakazam doesn't
>>
>>25532988
thar cropped iPhone screenshot tho
>>
>>25533450
It's nothing like Alakazam since it doesn't even get usable STAB
>>
>>25533407
Fastest sleep in the meta
Immunity to Body Slam, Hyper Beam and Normal in general
Excellent speed with high special stat

Don't kid yourself, it was good even back in the day.
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 400x400
>>25532988
Not awful but really outclassed by all the flashier fighting types with better movepools, abilities, typings and stat spreads
>>
File: jolteon.jpg (66 KB, 800x695) Image search: [Google]
jolteon.jpg
66 KB, 800x695
It's RU now but it's still my go to electric type regardless of tier.
>>
>>25533089
and Dragonite
>>
>>25533494
>Muh STAB
Your right, Gengar also gets Explosion which Alakazam doesn't. And before you think >Explosion, Gen I-IV it halved your Defense and was the most powerful attack you can get bar none so it made for a great last-ditch attack since Gen I Movepools were awful

That along with being immune to things like Persian's Slash was what made it OU. Remember: Only 151 Pokemon and three tiers. What sucked was in Under Used, what was good was in Over Used

Mewtwo and Mew were banned entirely
>>
>>25533005
This. Hypno used to be so OP.

Dodrio used to be pretty good as well, Raticate also comes to mind.
>>
>>25533530
All I need is Dynamic Punch anyway
>>
Lapras used to be a BEAST
>>
File: 424650.jpg (1 MB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
424650.jpg
1 MB, 1280x1280
>>25532988

This big cuddly rapist used to be amazing now he's complete trash.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.