[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/vp/'s thoughts on the Pokemon youtube community?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 8
File: poketubelogo.jpg (34 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
poketubelogo.jpg
34 KB, 320x320
/vp/'s thoughts on the Pokemon youtube community?
>>
Tired of split channel videos. Crossovers. and general overly ecstatic, hyper bubbly personas.

Good info.
>>
All of them are either furries, Australian, or shit
>>
I don't give a damn about it.
>>
>>25453513
/vp/-lite but with even more genwunners, manchildren, and children.
>>
cancer
>>
>>25453735
I think that's agreed by everyone on /vp/
>>
even worse than the general LP community of youtube
>>
what is the best pokemon youtuber in each of your individual opinions?
Because to be honest I have no strong opinion on any of them
>>
Is it just me but does it seem like a lot of them come off as Hipsters, Furfags or Tourneyfags?
>>
>>25453756
Maybe scykoh? he comes off as the most laid back of the most, might not count but Mr1upz is quite good.
>>
>>25453540
>Australian
Who?
>>
>>25453513
alex oogloza, markus stadter, hibiki or cybertron are good
>>
>>25453756
I like Truegreen7 but it's not like I'm a fan. I just occasionally watch his videos when I'm bored.
>>
>>25453804
pimpnite
>>
>>25453513
Remixers are pretty good. Jwittz is informative and interesting. Everything else is cancer.
>>
Pokemon journey hd was sick
>>
>>25453513
>muh randomiser nuzlockes

they are all autistic, besides jwittz
>>
>>25453513
Kill yourself.
>>
>NOTHIN BUT THE FINEST OF POWER
>GET BODIED
>PUTTIN IN THE WORK

I hate them all and their shitty phrases
>>
>>25453513
They're all insufferable. I have yet to find a pokémon channel that I find watchable. Closest thing I found is Chuggaaconroy's pokémon let's plays but he's so fucking annoying getting excited over the smallest things (ohmygod ultraball what's with these item boxes). At least it seems genuine and he's thorough.
>>
I like watching anyone's pokemon battles as long as they're decent players and not stupid. But most people are pretty annoying watching them play the games.
>>
>>25454200
*play the story mode
>>
I follow shadypenguinn but only because im a raging homo I want him inside me.

he should dump that blonde bitch, I could please in ways he wouldnt believe
>>
>>25454205
Are you literally me?
>>
>>25453513
I only watch pokeaim anymore.
Etika stopped the Pokémon content, M4gnitude went to shit... All the Gen4 tubers left, like anniecarrots. Jimmy became a massive faggot, literally.

idk man

I occasionally watch JWittz for properly researched content and some German poketube channel with well-researched videos.
>>
>>25453540
or niggers
>>
>>25454334
>pokemon
>properly researched content
sorry, forgot you are a bunch of retarded kids that need to watch youtube tutorials about what are the iv's and shit.
>>
File: TOVG-DEX-SWALOT.jpg (114 KB, 731x411) Image search: [Google]
TOVG-DEX-SWALOT.jpg
114 KB, 731x411
>>25454341
Nah, sorry, I'm more interested in the background of Pokémon designs. Like, where the ideas for Pokémon came from. The Dex try to do it, but they are just, like, too, like, cringy to watch. So I need to resort to JWittz, occasionally DYKG and some German channel I can barely understand.
>>
>>25454339
I already put shit
>>
I enjoyed pimpnite but he's getting boring
I enjoyed haydunn but he's not as competent as i thought
>>
>>25454358

so the guy just reads some bulbapedo trivia and makes a video?
>>
>>25454368
bulbapedia is not well researched, it's superficial. Saying that a Pokémon is based on some yonkou is not research. Game Freak puts a lot of time into their designs, and most people don't even appreciate it. Kinda like Wobbuffet is a post-mortem tribute to a famous Japanese comedian, and the black hidden tail is there to represent his liver cancer, or his private sad self, while on the outside he had to continue doing his job, which is "putting up a happy facade", like the blue smiling part of Wobbuffet.
>>
>>25454365
Pimpnite is clickbait shit, and his mic/voice are fuckin terrible
>>
>top 10
>pokétheories
>top 5
>another randonnuzegglocke
>pokénews hours later
>top 7
>shitty romhack
>pixelmon and they use creative/console and don't even know how to actually play minecraft

And that's literally all the shit they upload.
>>
>>25454413
Also his vocabulary and humor are that of an 11-year-old.
>>
File: image.png (6 KB, 268x188) Image search: [Google]
image.png
6 KB, 268x188
>>25454361
>>25454339
>>
>>25454358
Huh

What German channel are you talking about?
I happen to be German and I can certify that all German Pokétubers are cancer and should be avoided.
>>
Chuggaaconroy.
>>
Fucking normies, the lot of them.
>>
File: Sugimori_213.png (65 KB, 350x337) Image search: [Google]
Sugimori_213.png
65 KB, 350x337
>>25454467
lol it's a small channel with scarce uploads
but when he uploads, shit is pretty well put together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JElkG30d8gM
>>
I like the ones that open Pokemon cards, they usually know their stuff and just cool to see what people get, it's like low level gambling
plus I make Pokemon card videos too
>>
>>25453756
I only watch MegaMogwai desu.
>>
I enjoyed PokemonRob's nuzlockes, they were really fun, but mostly background noise.

Everyone else is terrible, I just like people who have a good personality and play the game. For all the "theory" pokemon youtubers, they're a waste of time if you just google shit on your own.
>>
>>25453513
Most large channels are fine, they speak clearly and have accurate/up to date information. They usually have high quality videos with good audio.
>>25453539
>hyper bubbly personas
Nothing wrong with that, those that present their content like well spoken news reporters are far more bearable to watch. Those guys are far more charismatic and are able to make you laugh from time to time, unlike those autists that go uhm uhm every time.
>>
>>25453756
Candyeivie
>>
I like pyrotoz!
>>
>>25453513

They are literally without exception terrible. They're all egomaniacs who do nothing but make funny noises and spout memes to placate their prepubescent audience. They produce nothing of value to the community or the world. YouTube could shut down today and we would be no worse off for it.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/user/pkmnRob/featured

i love Rob. he doesn't do pokemon anymore but his voices and charcters he creates while nuzlocking are hilarious.
>>
>>25453513
eh, from a competitive battling standpoint the only poketubers worth a damn are pokeaim, thunderblunder and chimpact imo. for the people who arent super into comp mons, i suppose jwittz makes some pretty decent content. pretty much anyone who isnt verlis is alright in my books.
>>
>>25454334
>Jimmy became a massive faggot, literally.
Mean Rina? :^)
>>
>>25455576
Yeah, however he wants to call his illness.
>>
>>25455636
Did he delete his original channel? I cannot find it anymore. A shame, his SS playthrough back in the day was probably the best one out there.
>>
File: 1394834111473.jpg (32 KB, 433x380) Image search: [Google]
1394834111473.jpg
32 KB, 433x380
>>25453513
>the Pokemon youtube community?
the what?
>>
>>25455678
Yep, it's gone because DON LUK BAK SPECEL SNOFLEK

SO many fond memories of his Gen4 videos, dude. Like his Mawile Eat'n&Beat'n, or that one time his little brother was randomly hitting a tree with a stick in the garden... ah man....
>>
>>25453513
The only guy I watch is Pimpnite
>>
>>25453809
Baz Anderson isn't too terrible either.
>>
>>25455724
Rip Steve.
>>
>>25455773
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vCY82sm390

Here's a blast from the past.
I remember I was obsessed to find out what anniecarrots looks like.
Now she's rather obnoxious.
>>
>>25453513
If you get seven deleted comments on Verlisify's channel is the eigth one free?
>>
>>25455831
I think gen 4 pokemon wifi battles ghetto recorded through a camera pointed at the screen and random shit happening was one of my favorite shit for a year or two back in 2008-10.

Man. Rip Jimmy's endless supply of broken DS', rip annie's trolling habits, rip Xerxes' intros, rip the old M4gnitude. Good times. My nostalgia faggotry is getting the better of me.
>>
They're all shit except for like 2.
>>
>>25453513
I used to like watching Alex Ogloza's videos when I was into VGC after 2014 Worlds
>>
>>25453513
I only like a handful of them.

JWittz because his videos are actually interesting and fresh
Chuggaaconroy, mainly for nostalgia. He was literally the first youtuber I watched regularly after I marathoned his Paper Mario lets play when I was 11.
TamashiiHiroka is okay, but her newer videos aren't nearly as interesting as her older ones.
Dookieshed's pretty based desu
The Dex is fun from time to time
ShadyPenguin is the only regular pokemon lets player I thought was ok. Everyone else is cancer
GlitchCity's music is cool, though her lets plays are pretty boring.
>>
>>25456448
For me, It's just JWittz. It's like watching a well constructed documentary. Oddly enough, the lack of cursing and lewd humor makes it just that much more enjoying to watch. Once in a while, family friendly can be a refreshing change of pace.

And Glitch has some pretty amazing remixes IMO.
>>
Pokeaim and Chimpact are the only battlers worth watching. Everything else is like top 10s and random trivia that just drips with autism
>>
>>25453513
Haydunn and Shady are pretty okay.

>>25456448
>chuggaaconroy
>liking an autistic LP who overacts way to little stuff
shit taste, desu
>>
>>25456448
>Chuggaaconroy, mainly for nostalgia. He was literally the first youtuber I watched regularly after I marathoned his Paper Mario lets play when I was 11.
He's one of the few Let's Players I can stand. Guy really knows what he's talking about.
>>
>>25456522
>Samefag here

The fact that JWittz rarely screams into the mic is nice. I don't mind loud personalities, but it can get really fucking obnoxious really fucking quickly. I can relax a little when I watch.
>>
There's a few that have content I enjoy

aDrive's UCL and other league battles are a fun time, the occasional shiny video is fine but gets redundant when it's just rapid fire shinies.

The Dex videos are fun but not something I actively look for every week.

Tyranitartube is alright, the guy cranks out news videos within literal minutes of an announcement which is always good.

There's not many competitive players out there I really enjoy, Pokeaim is alright but he's the the safest battler and takes no risks, which creates stale content when it's the same thing 40 times over. Everything else is good except his showdown battles.

Verlisify is a bit of a remedy to Pokeaim's problem, he's always good for a gimmick video with high risk which is more entertaining. Fan Fridays is always fun too. Guy definitely needs to work on his PR though.
>>
I like watching Shofu play Showdown
>>
File: Raichu 3.jpg (237 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
Raichu 3.jpg
237 KB, 600x800
>>25454779
Mah nigga
Rob's great, I love the stuff on his main channel too.
Too bad Nintendo's Youtube faggotry killed his Pokémon stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYADS0SedfA
>>
>>25456703
- adrive is bffs w/ verlis so i dont care for him.
- tyranitar is good only when hes not doing lets plays
- the dex is great
>>
>>25453513

really big a decade ago not so much now
>>
>>25453539
JWittz : He has well-structured videos.His Shiny guide helped me a lot.
Tamashii : I like her,but her tumblr-tier feminism is too much to handle.I like her videos that explore the alpha/beta versions of Pokemon games and her videos on the glitches in Gen I AND II
Alex Ogloza : Good battle videos.

Honestly,I don't watch youtube that often,so I don't know any other Poketubers.
>>
>>25455260
Kill yourself
>>
>Chuggaaconroy
He's a cool cat. I was one of his 100 subscribers on YouTube. Though when he LPs a game I don't care much for I won't watch it.

>TamashiiHiroka
She introduced me to /vp/. She interesting to watch, even her newer videos, even if they sound like literal shit.

>JWittz
He's a bro. His videos are interesting and usually about shit I don't know.

>Lucahjin
Muh taco jokes aside, she's neat.

>MasaeAnela
Never played a Pokemon game on her channel but I like her.
>>
The only good one is jolly wailmer
>>
File: 1454304360714.jpg (162 KB, 648x864) Image search: [Google]
1454304360714.jpg
162 KB, 648x864
>>25457165
>Chuggaaconroy
>He's a cool cat. I was one of his 100 subscribers on YouTube. Though when he LPs a game I don't care much for I won't watch it.
Yep

>TamashiiHiroka
>She introduced me to /vp/. She interesting to watch, even her newer videos, even if they sound like literal shit.
HAHA!!! No.

>JWittz
>He's a bro. His videos are interesting and usually about shit I don't know.
Nah he is an A+ autistic faggot

>Lucahjin
>Muh taco jokes aside, she's neat.
I respect her for dating that gross fat man ProtonJon.

>MasaeAnela
>Never played a Pokemon game on her channel but I like her.
Only good girl gamer out there. She is a cute Asian
>>
On gameplays they are mostly enthusiastic autists, watch Lueroi now or them, he is basically a normalfag american with great content.
>>
Why does tamashii disable comments? Did she get a lot of hate before?
>>
>>25457239
>Used to have a crush on MasaeAnela
>Met her
>Asked her for a kiss
>She kissed my cheek

I'll never forget that day. Man I wish I could afford conventions again

>>25457284
I asked her on Twitter, apparently people were posting personal info of her. Think her phone number and first name
>>
>>25454128
fucking this. watching randomized nuzegglocke wonder hack challenge is fucking stupid. I've gotten to the point where I only watch VGC and smogon battling at this point
>>
>>25455576
which Jimmy are you talking about?
>>
>>25457336
Emily is such a cunt.
>>
>>25454182
I like Chugga. He's informative and though his humour is kinda childish sometimes, his optimism seems genuine and there have been some genuinely funny moments in his LP's.
>>
>>25457381
You mean Emile? (Masae's bf)
>>
>>25457400
He is so lucky
>>
>>25457367
Jimmy Whetzel
>>
>>25457367
Jimmy31248 or something

not Jimmy Whetzel
>>
>>25457424
No just kidding but Jimmy Whetzel is a faggot too
>>
>>25457413
No, he's still in the closet. If there's any doubt look at his sonic adventure 2 video. He's borderline flaming in it.
>>
totally shit
>>
>>25457433
I follow him on Snapchat and the first thing I saw from him was him filming a random faggot on the subway.
>>
>>25453513
I'm only still sub'd to a few. Used to be really into it back in High School, but after every channel turned into randomized nuzlockes, I cut out most of the shit.

>Jwittz
Puts effort into his videos, good with keeping up with the news and producing videos, can't really unsub because I've been subbed since the profit days

>Marriland
another one that I can't unsubscribe to just because he's been doing this shit for years

>Chugga
Not really a full fledged poketuber, but puts a ton of effort in his videos and are made with above average quality. Plus he reminds me of the losers I hung out with in high school

>Shofu
Don't keep up with his thousands of smash videos, but I'll still watch his Showdown live videos where him, joey, and a bunch of nigs just play on showdown. It's pretty good background noise when I am doing something else.

>Haydunn
don't really know why I'm still subbed to him. I don't really watch too many of his videos, but I still have some nostalgia of watching his DP battle vids

>Cybertron
Pretty good VGC player, nice kid who puts a ton of effort into his videos
>>
Only ones I can stand anymore is Bikdiponabus and the occasional Shofu.
Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.