[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is mega mawile in C- ubers? What the hell happened in one
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: megamawile.jpg (67 KB, 736x639) Image search: [Google]
megamawile.jpg
67 KB, 736x639
Why is mega mawile in C- ubers? What the hell happened in one year while I've been away, I can't comprehend it.
>>
>>25079154
Do you not get its ranking in ubers, or the fact that it's in ubers
>>
>>25079203
Wasn't in at least A tier before in ubers? At least before ORAS.
>>
>>25079216
If you're talking about the meta change from XY to ORAS, off the top of my head it's because of Primal Groudon and Kyogre, and the teams needed to support them being much more viable than the teams needed to support Mega Mawile
Do you know what the new megas/movelists/etc. are?
>>
>>25079241
I'm educating myself on that now. Most of the reason why I bothered making a thread is because I couldn't find a reason why my main heavy hitter sucks balls now, relatively.
>>
>>25079271
Yeah, just read up on the changes from XY to ORAS, lemme know if you have questions
It's still strong, but it just...needs a lot of support due to the meta right now (primal groudon being a good example)
>>
File: ORAS Ubers.png (677 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
ORAS Ubers.png
677 KB, 600x600
Probably because Primal Groudon raped Ubers to death with it's 10 foot cock

I mean, for fuck's sake, Palkia is as unviable as Reshiram now
If that doesn't indicate a massive meta shift, I don't know what does
>>
>>25079305
Palkia has always been shit in gen 6 thanks to xerneas

As for the mawile ban that was pre ORAS.
Smogon didnt like that it could set up and sweep with swords dance or get past its counter with a subpunch set so it was banned.

Wish they would retest it though, things like mega metagross fill similar roles
>>
>>25079154
Two different questions

it's ubers because in OU if it ever got one turn it swept like 80% of the time and the only half-decent counter to it it was heatran, which got smacked by SubPunch

It's C- because it's bad in ubers
not only does primal groudon wall it to hell but there's so many other incredible megas like mence and gengar that you can't use if you're using mawile
>>
File: 1409525029710.png (16 KB, 174x231) Image search: [Google]
1409525029710.png
16 KB, 174x231
>>25079457
too good for OU
too bad for ubers
>>
>>25079380
>Palkia has always been shit in gen 6 thanks to xerneas
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/the-xy-ubers-viability-ranking-thread-read-post-1000.3496305/

Palkia was A+ rank back in XY, retard. Xerneas didn't do shit to its viability.

What made Palkia so good before was that is was both a great partner for Kyogre and also a great check to opposing Kyogres. With Primal Groudon making normal Kyogre complete irrelevant and the Soul Dew Latis sucking up the special dragon/Primal Kyogre check role, Palkia lost every niche it ever had.
>>
>>25079154
I remember reading a discussion in the viability thread about how mawile barely managed to cling to D+ because it could pivot with baton pass. that's literally all it has in the tier, the ability to fuck with xerneas and having baton pass. pretty sad tbqh

>>25079688
this is also a huge shame. palkia was one of my favorite ubers.

hopefully any gen 4 remakes we get will give us something like primal dialga/primal palkia
>>
This is why I don't fuck with Smogon. Mawile's my fave mon and I can't do fuck all with its mega there
>>
>battling for the sake of "winning"
>not for the enjoyment of battling with whom you love
Need Pépé Karen
>>
>>25079688
And xerneas must have been an S.
Honestly you would have to be retarded to run palkia and give xerneas a free geomancy.
>>
Primal Groudon happened. Blame smogonfags for not banning that piece of shit.
>>
>>25084618
>252 SpA Lustrous Orb Palkia Hydro Pump vs. 184 HP / 0 SpD Xerneas in Rain: 366-432 (83.3 - 98.4%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
>free Geomancy
>>
>>25084808
What happens when rain isnt up or when xerneas is running a bulkier set, or even a scarf?
Leaving palkia in on a xerneas is not a good idea.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.