[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>aerial ace's japanese name is tsubame gaeshi (swallow
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: 569.jpg (20 KB, 342x192) Image search: [Google]
569.jpg
20 KB, 342x192
>aerial ace's japanese name is tsubame gaeshi (swallow return) which is the name of famous swordsman Sasaki Kojiro's signature sword technique
>it was supposed to be so quick and precise that it could strike down a bird in mid-flight

should aerial ace be a priority move?
should it be able to hit pokemon who are using fly?
>>
>>24921205
Pokémon anime logic and laws.
>>
>>24921220
picture is only semi-related, this isn't an anime thread
>>
anime laws of physics
>>
>>24921226
Pokémon anime.
>>
File: 1361205046216.jpg (19 KB, 379x351) Image search: [Google]
1361205046216.jpg
19 KB, 379x351
>aerial ace
>the target explodes

ashnime, not even once
>>
>>24921241
Never fucking reply to me again unless you're contributing to the thread.
>>
>>24921276
That's clearly a dust cloud because aerial ace caused gogoat to fall out of the air harshly.
>>
>>24921276
Would it be better if explosions were replaced with blood?
>>
>>24921205

Its emphasis is on its precision, not speed I guess.

But I wouldn't mind if swift was retooled to a special quick attack
>>
>>24921205
Up until 5th gen I always thought it was priority due to the text, I just happened to have it on faster pokemon always.
At least some stuff with Technician gets it.
>>
>>24921357
I like Acorns.
>>
>>24921205
>aerial ace be a priority move
>for Flying-type starring Talonflame and Mega Salamence
>>
>>24922742
kek
>>
>>24921605
I agree.
>>
Jessie should learn it by level-up.
>>
>>24921205
>His favorite technique was both respected and feared throughout feudal Japan. It was called the "Turning Swallow Cut" or "Tsubame Gaeshi" (燕返し lit. "Swallow Reversal / Return"), and was so named because it mimicked the motion of a swallow's tail during flight as observed at Kintaibashi Bridge in Iwakuni. This cut was reputedly so quick and precise that it could strike down a bird in mid-flight. There are no direct descriptions of the technique, but it was compared to two other techniques current at the time: the Ittō-ryū's Kinshi Cho Ohken and the Ganryū Kosetsu To; respectively the two involved fierce and swift cuts downward and then immediately upwards. Hence, the "Turning Swallow Cut" has been reconstructed as a technique involving striking downward from above and then instantly striking again in an upward motion from below. The strike's second phase could be from below toward the rear and then upward at an angle, like an eagle climbing again after swooping down on its prey. Sasaki created this technique around 1605.
>>
And yet neither Sasaki Kojirou nor Miyamoto Musashi appear in Pokémon Conquest, despite Swellow basically being designed as a Kojirou reference.
>>
File: 1335292275992.jpg (160 KB, 500x381) Image search: [Google]
1335292275992.jpg
160 KB, 500x381
>>24921357
>>
>>24921357
Is this a meme reply now?
>>
>>24921205
was that supposed to be aerial ace? since in the anime Greninja always uses his legs for aerial ace
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.