[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>gen 5th remake
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 12
File: 1399546896921.jpg (11 KB, 200x194) Image search: [Google]
1399546896921.jpg
11 KB, 200x194
>gen 5th remake
>>
>>24874392
>wanting more remakes after ORAS

Literally the only good thing that will come out of it is more Megas and finally getting the fucking Original Dragon.
>>
>>24874392
Gen 5 already got its remake. It's called BW2
>>
>>24874408
Too early for Gen V remakes; give it another decade and a half and we'll see if there's one then. I'm more focused on the soon-to-come; hopefully being Pokémon Z
>>
>>24874428
Hopefully it's a Gen VI game that isn't fucking phoned in.
>>
>Dark grass starts rustling
>>
>>24874631
It's an Audino, what do?
>>
File: 2332.jpg (104 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
2332.jpg
104 KB, 1280x720
>Gen 5
>>
File: image.png (297 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.png
297 KB, 640x640
Copied from the other thread

I can already see it
>year is 2021
>last year gen V remakes were released
>maximum of 5/10 by pretty much every review place, most commonly ranking at 2-3/10
>it's considered the worst game in the history of Pokémon
>except /vp/
>they hail it as the best Pokémon game yet
>next Pokémon game rolls around
>under 5 mil sales
>two years later the final game is released because the cash cow died purely from the gen V remakes
>mfw
>>
>>24874392
I like Gen 5, but I'd prefer it not get a remake after what happened with ORAS
>>
>>24874638
>>24874640
AYY
>>
>>24874640
>year is 2031
>last year gen 6 remakes were released
>maximum of 5/10 by pretty much every review place, most commonly ranking at 2-3/10
>except /vp/
>under 5 mil sales
>two years later the final game is released because the cash cow died purely from the gen 6 remakes
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 453x439) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 453x439
>>24874392
>wanting remakes after ORAS
>>
>>24874649
>implying there should ever be remakes after gen IV
>>
>>24874649
>year is 2051
>last year gen VII remakes were released
>except /vp/
>under 5 mil sales
>two years later the final game is released because the cash cow died purely from the gen VII remakes
>>
>>24874655
>2051
>implying Pokémon or for that matter 4chan in general exists
>>
>>24874654
Remakes should have stopped after HGSS period. There was no practical reason to remake gen 3 since you can still send your stuff from RSE onwards.
>>
File: image.png (185 KB, 680x834) Image search: [Google]
image.png
185 KB, 680x834
>>24874665
>implying you didn't want 3D Hoenn
>>
>>24874673
I wanted Gen 3 remakes but after I saw the 3d in XY I wish I never asked for it
>>
>>24874680

New gameboy when?
>>
File: image.gif (474 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
474 KB, 200x150
>>24874680
>liking 2D sprites better than 3D
Please leave. You are only shitposting and b8ing now. You have lost any credibility you had.
>>
I hope the 3d next gen starts looking more like the gen 6 cutscenes than the gen 6 overworld gameplay
Everyone is a midget
>>
>>24874695
>muh 3D
>anything I don't agree with is shitposting

Fuck off and take your ugly ass reaction with you.
>>
>>24874695
I didn't say that, you fuck
I want 3D but not the fucking disgusting clunky 3D models they gave us
>>
>>24874700
Wait till gen 7.
>>
>>24874700
Most of the pokémon models are really good if you look closely (with exceptions a few), the thing is that during the standard battle camera (before starting the rotations) they're far (and the 3DS has low resolution), so the pixels got clustered.
I admit that the overworld could be a lot better, though.
>>
>>24874697
As an example of this:
Overworld: http://www.serebii.net/omegarubyalphasapphire/steven1.jpg
Cutscene: http://www.pokemonrubysapphire.com/_ui/img/_en/july/screenshots/july_p20_01_hqz.jpg
>>
>>24874723
If you have enough of a problem with that to say it instantly makes a game the shittiest game in the series you have some serious problems.
>>
>>24874736
Now where did I say that, anon? There are multiple people in this thread, y'know :^)
>>
>>24874741
>multiple people
Doesn't seem like it
>>
Anyone who thinks ORAS was bad is delusional. It gave people literally everything they could have wanted from R/S, only omitting Emerald content.

Not to mention it had a decent stab at some postgame, also giving a lot od people their first chance ever of encountering Deoxys.

They only minor negative was the push on megas resulting in Primal Kyogre and Groudon during the main game, and not adding them as post-game content. They accidentally gimped the postgame by doing that, as there was just less to do.
>>
>>24874743
For clarification
I AM:
>>24874697
>>24874723
>>24874741
And this one.

>>24874750
I just found it too easy to be fun. The battles were just 'keep pressing A'.
>>
>>24874750
Would putting the primals in the postgame really have done much to it? Still loved OR/AS though. Typical of /vp/ to hate it. I mean they love gen 5, so everything here is obviously backwards.
>>
>>24874753
>battles were just keep pressing A
I haven't had a Pokémon game where it wasn't like that for me.
>>
>>24874755
I feel like leaving them to postgame would have helped tie in all the mirage spots, and give us new areas to explore, as well as more story to help fill in gaps.

The maingame just rushed it to keep the pacing the same as the originals.
>>
>>24874760
The others at least had some semblance of challenge, at least with multiple mons. The gen 6 exp share is silly and made party count irrelevant.
>>
>>24874765
Yeah, gen III always went pretty fast. It always took me like 40ish hours to beat stuff like Johto or Sinnoh but it takes me a max of 25 hours to beat Hoenn. Pretty fast paced.
>>
>>24874755
>liking Gen V but not ORAS is backwards because my opinions are clearly superior

Fuck off.
>>
>>24874769
Yeah, Hoenn is great and all, but they obviously wanted a faster game at the time (at least story wise, exploration still gave you a ton to do.)

It wouldbhave helped Gen 3 to have a postgame the first time around, but sadly the lack of it counted pretty heavily against it, and the remakes.
>>
>>24874784
>butthurt Unovabortion detected
Hi there
>>
>>24874789
>hurr butthurt
>only underage or fanboys can like Gen V

Stop posting and kill yourself, retard. All you do is prove with this shit you never have any real argument.
>>
>>24874789
>butthurt Hoennbaby detected
Hi there
>>
File: image.png (112 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
image.png
112 KB, 512x512
>>24874796
Being this butthurt
>>24874798
More a Johtoddler. Still more tolerable than you twats.
>>
>>24874805
>being this butthurt
>>
>>24874807
>using a rebounding arguement
>>
>>24874811
>not having an argument other than 'my opinion > yours'
>>
>>24874811
Not him but
>implying "you're just butthurt!" Was an 'argument' in the first place
>>
>>24874805
>spewing the exact same shit
>lumping all fans of a generation into the same category to try and force some pathetic sense of superiority

Retards will destroy their own arguments. Oh, wait, you don't even fucking have any.
>>
>>24874820
>implying you have an arguement either
Admit your favorite generation is shit and become enlightened and just love it because it's shit like the hipster you are
>>
>>24874805
I'm a Johto fan and I'm fucking embarrassed to be in the same fanbase as you
>>
>>24874837
>I don't have an argument, you don't have an argument, so automatically I win!
>>
>>24874840
Tbh I don't care that much about defending Johto more than just saying gen V is shit because it is and most the fags here are fedora wearing hipsters who like that gen "because everyone else says its bad and they're just plebs" while saying gen VI is shit even though it has less problems than gen V does. Plus why are you in a "fanbase" to begin with if you hate being in one? Just say you like Johto. You don't have to be in a "fanbase".
>>
>>24874837
>agree i'm rite becuz i sed so
What do I need to fucking argue? Gen V isn't shit just because you say so, you fucking retard.

>calling me a hipster for liking something you think is shit
Absolutely pathetic.
>>
>>24874855
>I think it's shit
Last time I checked I wasn't quite a bit of the Pokémon players in existence.
>>
>>24874854
>STILL obnoxiously spewing your shit unintelligent opinions as facts
>euphoric just for disagreeing with you
>Gen V had more problems than Gen II

Fucking unbelievable. You are truly a complete fucking waste of oxygen and water.
>>
>>24874854
So you're saying you're basically just another one of those people who just go "LALALLALALA GEN V IS SHIT XD"
>>
>>24874854
>hurr you guys are just fedora wearing fags for liking a game I don't like obviously my opinion is superior to all
>>
>>24874860
>implying gen II had more problems than gen V
>implying you aren't just as terrible and autistic as me
>>24874861
Nah, I have reasoning.
The 'mons were shit, the story was admittedly obviously better than most gens because it actually was a legit story but still was the only thing going for it, the characters were bland, the region itself was pretty dumb, the antagonist team was a retard copy off PETA and not something actually cool like the other teams, and BW was a complete flop compared to B2W2 that was actually playable. Happy now?
>>
>>24874864
>the mons were shit
This shitty meme again. I can name off more than 30 good lines at minimum.

>the characters were bland
Proof you already don't know what you're talking about. Only Unova being too small and linear is an actual criticism.

>actually playable
You mean a great game with improvements everywhere and loads more content.
>>
>>24874864
>actually cool like the other teams
b8
>>
>>24874864
>mons were shit
Subjective
>characters were bland
They were the most developed out of majority of characters in Pokemon. Just because they didn't appeal to you doesn't make them bland.
>region itself was pretty dumb
Looks fine to me. Inb4 "meh americans"
>antagonist team was a copy of PETA
Shows you didn't even pay attention then
>>
>>24874883
Unova looks nice, anon, but it really was way too fucking small in the first games. Much better in BW2, but a glaring flaw in BW.
>>
>>24874874
>This shitty meme again. I can name off more than 30 good lines at minimum.

Compared to the 50+ we get on average.

>Proof you already don't know what you're talking about. Only Unova being too small and linear is an actual criticism.

If that's the case then stop saying that the characters in X&Y were bland and forgettable because I see no difference in them and the gen V characters

>You mean a great game with improvements everywhere and loads more content.
No, I mean the difference between speedy shit that gets done faster than Ruby and Sapphire to a semi-decent game with coherent pacing and a moderately good story. But like I said, story is the only thing holding it up. Gameplay was dumb, other stuff I already mentioned was dumb, and it didn't go to 3D like it could've and should've.
>>
>>24874864
>cool like the other teams
The only other team that was cool is Galactic, thanks to Cyrus.
Since you're a Johto fan, I assume you're implying Team Rocket is cool?
>>
File: 1448121969400.png (59 KB, 250x244) Image search: [Google]
1448121969400.png
59 KB, 250x244
Posting here since the other thread was pruned.

All right. While there may be people that genuinely don't like Gen 5, be it for designs, music, overworld, story and/or characters, I think this is mostly a case of conditioning. Of course, you can be conditioned and still dislike it for valid reasons, but talking about the big picture here.

First gen is where it started, so all good. Second gen? Now there you could also visit Kanto, so it didn't feel like you didn't belong there. Third gen? Hoenn + Remake of the first game? Good, now you can enjoy the first game more. Fourth gen? Sinnoh + Johto. Moar Kanto, more remakes of good 'ol games.

See where this is going? Fifth gen broke the standart. No remake. No third game, but two new games. Want pokemon from older generations? That's a no no here until postgame. NO MORE KANTO or older gens.

Now, as I said, there's people that just didn't like it, but for people that couldn't keep their minds off of the expected remakes of the game that brought them happiness, it felt like betrayal. It broke the formula.

So, there's your explanation. Mind you, gen six still gets a lot of hate (most of it because Mega Evolution and other changes, like the 3D models), but at the same time there's more people praising the games than with gen 5.
>>
File: image.jpg (95 KB, 384x313) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95 KB, 384x313
>>24874895
>tfw liked the main gen III and IV games better than the remakes
>>
I just wish we were able to discuss games and why we liked them or even dislike them like civilized people.
I know this is 4chan and shit but it'd be nice if the "NO YOU CAN'T LIKE THESE GAMES I DIDN'T LIKE THEM SO THEY'RE SHIT" would stop or at least just tone down.
>>
>>24874392
Oh God please no. You just went full retard in one short post.
>>
>>24874892
>I see no difference in them
Don't make me completely stomp you about why BW's characters were infinitely better.

>gameplay was dumb
So you have no argument. You just didn't like it and you think that makes you right.
>>
>>24874916
BW was the worst set of games. Just a reminder.
>>
File: don't bully.jpg (62 KB, 153x317) Image search: [Google]
don't bully.jpg
62 KB, 153x317
>>24874907
Of course, it happens. I'm mostly talking about the feeling of familiarity with the gen itself and it still doesn't apply to everyone. As I said, just the big picture.
>>
>>24874895
Pretty true actually
>>
>>24874895
Which is fucking stupid. I won't say Gen V is the best, but I will say with BW2 it has the least problems out of any generation.

And that's not even saying a whole lot. Game Freak is shit anyways and only keeps making money no matter how poor the effort because Pokemon.
>>
>>24874918
Literally not DP.
>>
>>24874925
That wasn't the point, anon
>>
>>24874925
That's conditioning too. The formula is still going, and since you (maybe) fell in love with the games, while still disliking certain aspects, still it fills the need of having more games about Pokemon.

The games aren't close to being THAT good and everyone knows that. But they are the same old games that for the best or the worst, kept going. It makes a connection with the past.
>>
>>24874919
But then you got the faggots who obnoxiously claim it factually shit clearly just because they didn't like it.
>>
>>24874926
Yup. DP was way better when it came out.
>>
>>24874938
The most severe flaws I see in BW are the roadblocks at their all time worst, Unova itself being just way too small compared to basically every other region and virtually lack of any reason to continue playing after finishing the story.

BW2 on the other hand just seem like virtually flawless Pokemon games.
>>
>>24874918
>no argument
>BW were the worst games guys! Remember that!!
>>
>>24874947
All that was worth shit was a vast comfy region that was shit all over by HM overload and music until Platinum fixed basically everything wrong with them.

That doesn't begin to make up for all the actual problems in the games themselves.
>>
>>24874940
While I don't condone people that think about their opinions as facts (mind you, what I said earlier is just my opinion on the subject, it may not reflect the reality) they are free to do so.

It's your job to don't fall on their game where (since they talk about facts) they are gods, or they just bait. It may sound childish, but ignoring is for the best in those situations.

>>24874948
While I agree, roadblocks are just a way of not making you use HM all the time. Where you see characters blocking the path, I see rocks that I can't push and trees I can't cut just yet.
>>
>>24874958
You are wrong. Nice Platinum meme reference though.
>>
>>24874949
Yup. If BW were your favorite Pokemon games, you're a fucking idiot, no question.
>>
>>24874964
>Platinum meme

Wow. Fucking wow.
>>
>>24874970
>no argument
>you're an idiot if you liked these games I didn't like!!
>>
>>24874392
dumbfrogposter
>>
I hope it comes far enough ahead for significant improvements in the graphics. Think of what the Marine Tube could look like!
>>
>>24874635
bully
>>
Im waiting for a pure gen 1 remake. Not another bunch of years after red but actually as red.

Still connected to johto though.
Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.