[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Charity bans Pokémon for Christmas
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 129
Thread images: 28
File: 78434.png (443 KB, 890x530) Image search: [Google]
78434.png
443 KB, 890x530
>Volunteers at a North Carolina-based charity shipping gifts to children around the world have been told to remove any toys relating to Harry Potter or Pokemon.

>Operation Christmas Child, a project from Boone-based Christian charity Samaritan's Purse, expects to ship about 2.4 million shoe boxes filled with gifts to children in more than 100 countries for the holiday season, but none of this year's boxes will include Harry Potter or Pokemon toys.

>The Hogwarts wizard and Japanese pocket monsters have been listed as "inappropriate items" alongside liquids, breakables and "melt-able" chocolates.

Surprised Harry Potter and Pokémon still draw this ire in 2015.
>>
>>24851707
Fundies are retards, news at 11
>>
>>24851707
Did they follow up on "why" they're inappropriate? That usually draws the biggest laugh from me. There's the implication sure, but gotta hear it from them...
>>
>>24851763
Hurp durp Satan
Thank God i am a atheist
>>
File: 1436895952739.jpg (174 KB, 984x1008) Image search: [Google]
1436895952739.jpg
174 KB, 984x1008
I just checked the website for the charity and I didn't anything like that. But I did get a good idea. I bet if the charity talks about Pokemon they mean the game and TCG itself. An easy way around this would be giving a pokemon plush instead or coloring book, even a t-shirt might be good. You should put a card with the donation that says "Compliments of /vp/"

>>24851712

These guys must be very old to still think this way
>>
>>24851807
The article though mentions that Potter and Pokemon "promote pagan beliefs" which is why they're left out. Granted, the guy running this is a Trump supporter, so make of that what you will.
>>
>>24851820

I won't fault them too much, they also don't want you sending anything /k/ related either, no toy guns no military stuff
>>
>>24851707
>no Pokémon
Jesus I hate radical Christians. It makes me hate being classified as a Christian. I know how it feels for Muslims.
>>
File: 1306449996803.png (73 KB, 518x615) Image search: [Google]
1306449996803.png
73 KB, 518x615
All praise our to our Pokemon god
>>
File: 1376888135590.jpg (66 KB, 473x590) Image search: [Google]
1376888135590.jpg
66 KB, 473x590
Vatican said it was alright.
>>
>>24852047
These sort of people think the pope is secretly a satanist
>>
>>24852153

>Pope is infallible
>God's direct messenger
>Pope says something I disagree with
>He is a satanist nwo illuminati heretic

I'll never get those people
>>
>>24852165
how are them anti-vaccine people doing, Joe?
>>
>>24852170

They are perfecting their gay agenda with communist muslims
>>
>>24851807
OT, but that is a cute Rosa plush.
>>
>>24852165
The people who say the Pope is infallible are Catholics.
The people who call the Pope a Satanist are Protestants.
Know the difference. It will save your life in Northern Ireland.
>>
>>24851763
Harry Potter relates to wizardy and that relates to satan as wizardry is often linked to dark forces = satan

Pokemon, on the other hand, relates to monsters, and that relates to satan taking the shape of monsters.

Come on, guys, just give these people a break. They respect non-believers, so respect them for THEIR religious event.

Like, if Muslim people are holding an event, and they require some sort of donation of any kind, would you donate a pork meat?
>>
>>24851707
I agree with you but

ITS THE CURRENT YEAR

COME ON
O
M
E

O
N
>>
File: 1303599028938.jpg (665 KB, 1955x1000) Image search: [Google]
1303599028938.jpg
665 KB, 1955x1000
>>24853038

>Evolution
Pokemon gets the kids interested in biology even though technically pokemon undergo metamorphosis and not evolution. Evolution undermines the religious doctrines of several religions.

Another thing Pokemon does is that it introduces Japanese culture into the culturally isolated minds of these people.
>>
le link plz
>>
>>24853038
Pokemon's probably more for evolution than just being monsters. There's tons of toys of monsters.
>>
>>24853071

The funny thing about Christians debating evolution is that they used to try and use the pokemon definition of evolution to disprove the concept. It amazed me to see how many christians watched pokemon for their biology education
>>
>>24853038
There's a difference between respecting religion and respecting irrationality. Like, sure, I respect Muslims and am not going to donate a pig to them, but neither am I going to throw a picture of the Three Wise Men taking turns cucking Joseph out in the middle of a mass.

This is just stupid and these guys think harmless shit like Pokemon and Harry Potter is sacrilegious.

>>24853109
Damn, do you have links to this? I don't believe the majority of Christians are uneducated retards so this seems like bait.
>>
>>24853150

Just go to youtube and look up some Kent Hovind
>>
>>24853109
Pokemon evolution is helpful sometimes. When they ask 'why do monkeys exist if we evolved from them?' or whatever, it's good to point out that monkeys are to humans as Poliwrath is to Politoed.
>>
>>24853061
>>24853071
I dunno about that, in my country Christians never argue about evolution "not one with God's teachings / ways".

Pokemon is more like a symbol / personification (well, not exactly a person --- you get what I mean) to monsters, and to an extent, satan

At least, that's what they think (my mother's a devout Christian)

>>24853150
I think it's the same thing. Muslims don't like pork, Christians don't like things that are a symbol of things they hate (in this case, HP and Pokemon)
>>
>>24852165
Pope is only infallible if he activates his special ability by stating he's going to say something infallible. Popes rarely do this and it has to be something directly related to church doctrine.
>>
File: 1303171112530.jpg (86 KB, 450x334) Image search: [Google]
1303171112530.jpg
86 KB, 450x334
>>24853232

I heard the "Japanese demons" argument from some guy on a televangelist program called Club36

youtube.com/watch?v=JtmWU0Mwe7E

It basically boils down to worshiping pagan gods or pagan demons in this case
>>
>>24853232
I once heard someone say something against Charizard, saying it looked evil, and they wanted children to realize that, because it looked evil, they shouldn't play with it.

All I could think is 'you just taught your child to judge people based on how they look'.
>>
Resident of Boone, NC here.

Don't support Op. Christmas Child.

It looks like a nice charity on the surface...

But it's main purpose is the destruction of 3rd world countries indigenous beliefs and the conversion of said beliefs into Christianity.

Which isn't like, an evil plot or anything, just a kind of rude thing to do.

Anyways, that's my 2cents.
>>
>>24853254
plus they seem hypocritical.

"hey, we don't want you putting things in these boxes that go against our values"

"hey, we're going to give things to refugees that goes against their values AND we don't want them in our country"
>>
>>24853251
This is why you shouldn't expect anything from a fanatic. And I say fanatic because there's a clear difference between one and a believer of a religion.

Also, a few days ago a friend told me someone was preaching that Miley Cirus was an illuminati and a satanist.
>>
File: 1306081190281.jpg (74 KB, 640x479) Image search: [Google]
1306081190281.jpg
74 KB, 640x479
>>24853251

"It's gross/scary, therefore it is wrong"
Argumentum ad fastidium
Righteous indignation

>>24853254

We know, these fundies aren't fooling us although I would love to send non-tcg and non-3DS pokemon merchandise to mess with them
>>
i wonder what would happen if we sent them onaholes BAKA
>>
Whoa, whoa, wait a minute.

There's such a thing as non-meltable chocolate?
>>
A couple of my friends are pretty religious, ones a Mormon and the other one is a 7th day Adventist, and they both grew up with pokemon, so I'm not sure wtf these guys problem is.
>>
>>24853371
Tootsie Rolls
>>
>>24853356

>/vp/ sends boxes of onaholes to the fundies
>Fundies look at them wondering what they are
>One fundy is sweating bullets
>He knows exactly what it is but doesn't say anything out of fear of being labeled a deviant
>The onaholes get sent to Africa to Mutanbe's village
>Hilarity ensues
>>
>>24853384

Depends on what and how much those faiths cherry pick from their scriptures.

Some will call it demonic, encourages gambling, covetousness, idolatry, sexual deviance. Others will not pay much attention to it.

Hardcore Adventist and FLDS members will burn pokemon merchandise if given the chance
>>
>>24853402
>Villagers spend all their time fucking them
>No reason to fuck women, children, and animals
>HIV rates plummet
>With better health less reason to be tense
>Now have time and energy to devote to other issues
>With more issues resolves the African people have less reason to go to war
>>
>>24853212
No bully.
>>
>>24851771
>thank god
>thanking a sky fairy
>>
>>24853061
The term "evolution" is pretty loosely used in Pokémon. 80% of "evolutions" are pretty much just the aging of the Pokémon. There's only like 20% that actually are technically evolving, like Remoraid to Octillery and such. I am a very conservative Christian and none of this stuff bothers me because it should be easily noticible that this stuff is just fiction and not real, yet rad-christfags can't fucking see that and it pisses me off.
>>
>>24853402
>>24853432
Ready to change the world, /vp/?
>>
>>24851707
My preacher once gave a sermon on how stuff like pokemon wasn't evil and it was ok to let kids watch it.
He even listed off all the ninja turtles.
It's good to be Methodist.
>>
File: 1450487735411.png (109 KB, 723x669) Image search: [Google]
1450487735411.png
109 KB, 723x669
>>24854970
>forgot to take off name
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 303x276) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 303x276
>>24853402
>just /vp/ sending onaholes/fleshlights
Why not all of 4chan ffs?
>>
>>24854970
I am a non-denominational and I have since I was about 10, which was 12 years ago. I remember when we all had are gameboy advances and we're playing Pokémon and our parents asked the pastor if there was anything wrong with the games and he said this. "They're just games, and these kids get that. There's absolutely nothing wrong with them." And that was the day my pastor was truly based.
>>
>>24853250
No joke. I had a friend's mom get mad at me for letting him have a few of my old tcg commons. She thought they would make him begin worshiping...get this..."Chinese" Demons!

I told her, "Well, there Japanese." Of course her response was, "Same thing!"
>>
>>24855027
>Samefag here

On a side note, this same mom let him play M rated American Military shooters on his PlayStation 2 while he was in Elementary School and found nothing wrong with it. I mean I played mature games at that age too, but her beliefs were pretty fucked.
>>
>>24853061
>Mewtwo
>At the Last Supper
>>
>>24855027
Did it end there? Or you said something else to her?

Also, I don't get how they think that anything coming from those countries is evil. Is this some kind of racism that was slowly conditioned into their brains?

I wonder if it may be linked to WWII to an extent.

>>24855048
That's just most people being conditioned to think nothing of war and the pain of others. And since no one in their community says something bad about it, they ignore it. Herd mentality.
>>
>>24854852
>i am a very conservative christian

For what purpose.
>>
>>24854877
Yes. Let's do it. I am literally ordering some now.
>>
>>24853244
And yet so many people don't get this or don't care to know this and as such would treat the Pope saying "Anchovies disgust me" as "CATHOLICS CAN NO LONGER EAT FISH IN LENT SO SAY INFALLIBLE SINLESS POPE MORE AT 11!!!"
>>
>>24855085
It ended there. No point in talking to a brick wall about cultural differences. It was kind of sad, because you could tell the kid knew something was up, but he couldn't do or say anything because, well, that was his family.
>>
>>24853278
>Also, a few days ago a friend told me someone was preaching that Miley Cirus was an illuminati and a satanist.
I'd buy it, that chick is a freak.
>>
>>24855094
Well, I honestly probably don't know what I'm talking about, but I think what I mean by conservative is I don't care about gays, they can do what they wantother than gay parades because they aren't better than straight people, they're just equal, and I'm not like "there's satanic referencing in this game", just no, and I honestly don't care what people do as long as it doesn't affect someone else negatively. I don't push Christianity on people, I just find that moronic and people can make their own decisions, that's why I believe God gave us free will, and I just generally don't mind people who aren't Christian, provided they don't baselessly hate all Christians. Is conservative the right term?
>>
>>24855128
By that logic gays are all conservative too.
>>
>>24855128
It's like, the exact opposite of what you're looking for. "Reasonable" seems to be a better fit.
>>
>>24855137
Is conservative the right term though? Am I using the right term?
>>
>>24855139
Oh. Well then I'm a reasonable Christian. I honestly believe it even says in the bible to not push Christianity in others because I remember a quote along the lines that says, "God ultimately chooses those who become Christians, not you"
>>
>>24855128
It isn't.
I like you. That alone makes you a better person in my book by not judging the others just because of beliefs and shielding yourself behind them, as radical Christians usually do.
>>
>>24852165
Pope Francis has shit IVs
>>
>>24855159
Thanks. I hate radical Christians. They're so annoying and always have a pole up their asses. I have plenty of non Christian friends, and they know I'm a Christian, and respect that, and I know they aren't, and I respect that. I don't care about someone's beliefs as long as it doesn't involve harming someone or something.
>>
>>24855128
Youre thinking of left and right wing. Conservative and liberal refer to beliefs about government functions. They get misused as blanket terms fairly often.
>>
>>24851707
>Surprised Harry Potter and Pokémon still draw this ire in 2015.

>charity gifts
>children around the world
Might as well send them Digimon merch and a Lovecraft poster too, right?
>>24851763
Not saying any of it would make a bad gift, it's just that you'd be gifting to the wrong generation.
It's like if you went to a Goodwill trying to buy a t-shirt, but all you found were Manchester United jerseys; it's something you can't really buy into without effort.
>>24853038
Then again, they wouldn't be above sending out Christ figurines and crosses as gifts, I bet.
>>
>>24855171
Keep on what you're doing friend.

I think you used "conservative" as in you're more reserved about your faith.

However in America a christian conservative is often the term to describe republicans who use their religion to reinforce their policies
>>
White Devils, the thread
>>
>>24855104
Take up ye white man's boner
>>
>>24851707
It's specific sects I assume that just don't take kindly to any form of magic at all
>>
>>24851707
>NC
Goddammit
>>
>>24853251
Of course Christians would, Charizard looks like a dragon, and in Christianism a Dragon is Satan's true form or some sort (in the bible).

>All I could think is 'you just taught your child to judge people based on how they look'.
Yes, because what we see a fire lizard with wings, they see it as a symbol of Satan. (wait till you show them Barney the Dragonite or other even more ferocious looking dragons like Salamence or Garchomp --- STFU Goodra you're not even a dragon, you're a hobo snail).

>>24853283
Not how fearsome, but what it represents (as I said before, a dragon is a symbol for satan), and its most-used form the snake, like when he encouraged Eve to eat the Fruit of Knowledge.

>>24853278
Yeah, anything that is too much will never be good for your mind or your body.
>>24855119
kek

> Then again, they wouldn't be above sending out Christ figurines and crosses as gifts, I bet.
Well, they ARE a religion, after all.
"Here's a food supply for a week and a bible with a cross inside, God bless you!"
>>
>>24855267
>Then again, they wouldn't be above sending out Christ figurines and crosses as gifts, I bet.

Well, they ARE a religion, after all.
"Here's a food supply for a week and a bible with a cross inside, God bless you!"
>>
>>24855128
you're not conservative. conservative refers to people with a more traditionalist way of thinking, and also people who believe government should be kept second to the people. a lot of conservatives end up being called religious because most religious people have a traditional way of thinking and don't like the government busting them for shit (that should be left up to churches and local communities). they're not conservative unless they then identify as such.

basically, all knives are sharp, but not all sharp things are knives, etc etc
>>
NC resident here. There are LOTS of baptists teachers who told me Harry Potter was evil and pokemon was the devil growing up. Halloween is also the "devils holiday". That's not to say they all are like that, but I am not surprised.
>>
File: image.png (70 KB, 240x280) Image search: [Google]
image.png
70 KB, 240x280
>>24853251
>mfw no Christians are saying HTTYD is satanic in nature even though it's based around fucking dragons
>>
>>24854979
If we invite /d/, do we need to invite anyone else?
>>
>ban pokemon
>don't ban digimon

Murrica
>>
File: protestant tears.jpg (15 KB, 336x346) Image search: [Google]
protestant tears.jpg
15 KB, 336x346
>>24851707
>>
>>24851807
I'd pay an arm and a leg for this, I reverse searched it and saw it was on etsy but it's been sold out forever. Do creators on etsy take requests to re-make things/ restock them? never used the site before
>>
>>24856416
I want Protestants to fuck off from /vp/. As a matter of fact, they can fuck off from every board except /v/, no one likes /v/.
>>
>>24856499
Don't you have some childs to molest?
>>
>>24851707

>Used or damaged items; war-related items such as toy guns, knives, or military figures; chocolate or food; out-of-date candy; liquids or lotions; medications or vitamins; breakable items such as snow globes or glass containers; aerosol cans.

So what if I put in Megami Tensei merchandise instead?
>>
>>24856540
Does any exist?
>>
>>24856546
I think there's a model of the penis carriage thing.
>>
>>24856303
Because it's Disney. And Disney can't be evil, right? Since it's in English.

Yeah. The more I think about it, the less sounds like a cultural thing and more like some sort of racism.
>>
>>24856558
It's actually Dreamworks, but they're both American animation studios so your thought is pretty much the same.
>>
>>24856558
Most definitely. A lot of these fundies have had stinted growth - lot of living in a community, generally only accepting people within that community or others who are similar to those in the community, lot of adherence to tradition - it's a breeding ground for xenophobia.

I personally think racism comes in 2 parts: the economic association (associating blacks with poverty and generalizing all perceptions based on that) and the psychological aspect. Simply put, without any sort of higher education or more exposure, you like only the people who seem most similar to yourself.
>>
File: Luther3.jpg (198 KB, 1148x489) Image search: [Google]
Luther3.jpg
198 KB, 1148x489
>>24856537
>the current year
>still believing in stale anti-catholic propaganda
>>
>>24856565
Please excuse my ignorance, then. Never watched the movies, just know a little bit about them.

But yeah, point stands.

>>24856580
It's kinda sad in a way. In the end, the ones that were born in that kind of environment are just the results of the firsts to think like that. Of course at a certain age one expects them to have a mind of their own, but it may be too late for change.

Still, that doesn't make it excusable.
>>
File: megaten merchandise.png (233 KB, 794x646) Image search: [Google]
megaten merchandise.png
233 KB, 794x646
>>24856546

Brah, there's merchandise of everything. You just need to look for it.
>>
>>24856580
As a racialist I wouldn't fit in either of two molds. I was born in India to a lower-middle class family and moved to the US when I was a teen, my family was anti-racist and in my school I read all of those slave history books. Despite my upbringing I couldn't ignore the reality that races are not simple social constructs but rather based in biology (of course this doesn't negate cultural influence in human behavior). Now nearly all of my relatives have become racialists due to interactions with blacks, most of us don't hate them but we'd rather live among other races. I know many racialists who've had a similar experience so you may want to add a part 3: those who become racist from interacting with a certain other race
>>
File: 1450487984152.jpg (19 KB, 600x389) Image search: [Google]
1450487984152.jpg
19 KB, 600x389
>>24856690

Not that anon but everything you said puts you squarely in both categories they spoke of.

Ignoring your personal philosophy you are utilizing cognitive bias in associating your personal experience with blacks in the U.S. and applying it to the entire race. Despite the fact that your scope of "experience" most likely only extends as far as the U.S. demographic and most probably blacks within a certain region of the country.

Mind you it's your prerogative to live where you desire and with whom you so desire. But whatever problems you have with blacks in the U.S. you best not apply it to blacks outside the U.S.

But this doesn't have anything to with pokemon or /vp/. So I refer to pic related in this conversation.
>>
>>24853432
>on 2015 Christmast, /vp/ save the world
>>
>>24856661
>That Satan figure in the bottom
Oh boy, I would want to see the reaction of a beta christian, would be funny.
>>
>>24856661
>Satan depicted as a bug
Lolwut
>>
File: SatanSMT2.jpg (883 KB, 2120x1656) Image search: [Google]
SatanSMT2.jpg
883 KB, 2120x1656
>>24857243
Actually, Satan is the blue one on the right.
>>
File: arceus.png (175 KB, 459x810) Image search: [Google]
arceus.png
175 KB, 459x810
>>24851707
>The Pope has told Harry Potter (6th movie specifically) doesn't contradict but actually supports Christian values
>Catholics are more open to evolution. Heck, evolution and genetics had its foundations thanks to catholic priests and monks like Mendel
Feels good man
>>
>>24857283
Poland Pope said Pokemon had good values. Also the Big Bang theory was a name Atheists gave to mock Lemaitre's theory.
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 179x217) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 179x217
>>24857307
>thinking the anything the polish pope says is correct
>>
>>24851707
m-muh dick
>>
>>24857308
Pope John Paul II was much loved, lad.
>>
>>24853038
>Like, if Muslim people are holding an event, and they require some sort of donation of any kind, would you donate a pork meat?
Um, yes? That would be hilarious.
>>
File: image.png (160 KB, 464x470) Image search: [Google]
image.png
160 KB, 464x470
>>24857313
Much loved and actually correct are two different things anon
>>
>>24857314
Here's your reply.
>>
>>24857537
Thanks for the (you), friend.
>>
>>24856690
Too many words to justify your racism while being a minority
>>
>>24857962
Sorry, I don't understand, did I miss something?
>>
>>24855128
holy fuck. i pray to christ that english isn't your first language. you've chosen an antonym as what you meant to say. that would be like going into a room full of people with an assault rifle and saying 'I DESIRE TO KILL YOU ALL' when you actually mean 'I DESIRE TO PROTECT YOU ALL'

jesus fucking nigger christ
>>
File: 1336899325898.jpg (106 KB, 768x576) Image search: [Google]
1336899325898.jpg
106 KB, 768x576
>>24856690
>racialists
>>
>>24856690
Just realized I should have added an e.g. at the beginning of the parentheses in my post, but w/e.

Anyway, you share a bit of both. You don't really specify a reason why you dislike blacks, though you say your apparently Indian family dislikes them, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's just a matter of not liking people with the same hue of skin color. If you also feel uncomfortable around whites, east asians, and maybe some latin american races, then you definitely fit the second.

If you feel comfortable with those groups, you're more likely the former. You claim cultural influence fits into your appraisal of blacks, and thus you probably perceive blacks as undesirables due to suppressed emotions over economic disparity.

But as >>24857027 said, this is a discussion for another board and another time.
>>
>religion and politics gunking up the thread

Fuck that. Let's get back to the whole "send them onaholes" thing.
>>
No way am I going to let this potential go to waste
>>
File: v.jpg (8 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
v.jpg
8 KB, 225x225
>>24856690
Week barely started and already have such a strong contender for "most retarded post".
>>
But no Star Wars ban?

What about the Dark Side and its sorcery levitating objects and thunderbolt magic?

Fucking hypocrites.
>>
File: 1450652198002.jpg (48 KB, 828x619) Image search: [Google]
1450652198002.jpg
48 KB, 828x619
>>24851771
>i am a atheist
>Thank God
would you like to share something, anon
>>
File: 1363734738431.png (17 KB, 512x480) Image search: [Google]
1363734738431.png
17 KB, 512x480
>Pokemon is Satan! Pokemon is the devil!

God, just imagine if SMT got the same popularity as pokemon did in the 90's in america

imagine the chaos.
>>
>>24856661
Need to get myself a Beelzebub, always thought the giant fly shaman was a cool design.
>>
File: letthewarcontinue.png (1 MB, 1079x785) Image search: [Google]
letthewarcontinue.png
1 MB, 1079x785
BUMP

There, let the war continue
>>
>>24864135
In a way it's actually somewhat Christian propaganda, because the moral of the story fits into the the mold that Catholics and other radical Christians think. But that doesn't mean you can't enjoy it.
>>
>>24865129
The Pope literally said that Pokemon is perfectly fine and has no cause for problems in the Catholic community, so no, it's the batshit crazy ones who are bitching about it, not Catholics.
>>
>>24851771
I'll give you a fedora, a trenchcoat, and some acne cream for you as a charitable christmas gift.
>>
>>24865129
>grouping Catholics with radical Christians
it doesn't compute
>>
>be 7
>parents ask preacher if Pokemon was evil
>know where this is going
>preacher comes over to me and my little brother
>"Whatcha playing there kids?"
>me: it's a game
>"What kind?"
>little brother: you travel around the world making friends with all the animals
>preacher turns to the parents
>"I think you two are focusing too much on the negatives. They're having fun, they know it's a game, and it's teaching them the importance of being a friend to all of God's creatures."
>two years later, preacherbro dies, new preacher takes his place, says Pokemon is evil, and mom tosses out our GameBoys
Still upset.
>>
>>24865129
How are Catholics even radicals
>>
>>24865442
Dang. The first one sounded like a great guy.
>>
>>24853038

>Harry Potter relates to wizardy and that relates to satan as wizardry is often linked to dark forces = satan

>Pokemon, on the other hand, relates to monsters, and that relates to satan taking the shape of monsters.

Fuckers like you need to read some books. Terry Pratchett maybe, or your own damn bible. If fear of the thing is more tangible that the thing itself, you've gone too far.

>Like, if Muslim people are holding an event, and they require some sort of donation of any kind, would you donate a pork meat?

What, if it didn't explicitly forbid it in scripture, and some Muslim just made it up for shits and giggles? Fuck yeah. Last time I checked, Jesus regarded the devil with not hate, but apathy, as he was nothing more than a figment of fear and lack of resolve to do the right thing. Read your own damn holy book, you fuck.
Thread replies: 129
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.