[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there anyway to run audino competitively?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 1
File: 1.jpg (11 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
11 KB, 210x240
Is there anyway to run audino competitively?
>>
>>24792777
Mega Audino or base? I have ideas for both.
>>
RestCM Mega after the opposing Steel and/or Poison types have been removed.
>>
>>24792777
With a Good Move set.
>>
regenerator's pretty cool

you can work with either a cleric or a calm mind set. learns trick room too.
>>
>>24792789

Either
>>
>>24792777
I use it on cart singles and it's surprisingly pretty bulky, although it will forever be a poor man's Clefable because of its Mega form's useless ability in singles.

Calm Mind / Draining Kiss / Wish / Heal Bell is a fun moveset to try. Distribute EVs however you want since Audino is such a bulky mon and only fears decent wall breakers.
>>
>>24792777
Good in NU
>>
>>24793190

Literally fucked by Scizor.
>>
Use it in NU/RU or don't bother.
>>
www.smogon.com
>>
>>24793424

So are most fairies. You're a retard.
>>
>>24793448

Never heard of it.
>>
>>24793450

No, you are. Your set would have people switch in Ferrothorn or Scizor and then they would get free setup. Meanwhile Clefable can hit those pokemon for 4x damage with Flamethrower, has access to an even stronger STAB in Moonblast, and cannot be taunted/is immune to Toxic/Burn/Sneaky Pebbles. And it doesn't even have to lose you a Mega slot.

So your idea for Audino is awful because it gets walled 100% by a common type and you will be forced to allow the opponent to get a free rocks or be able to boost Mega Scizor for free.

It's bad.
>>
>>24793471

It's not my set retard. Different guy. Your logic is that it can be best which, spoiler alert, every Pokemon can be. That's why you're retarded.
>>
>>24793486

No, retard, you are the retard. That set isn't shit because it can be beaten, it's shit because it has literally one offensive move with 50 BP on a slow mon, so it will get 2HKOd by pokemon with Iron Head before it can kill them, even if that pokemon is weak to Fairy. Like Terrakion. This is before getting into the fact it will be walled 100% by the most common Steels in the game. Meanwhile Standard Clefable won't.

Next time fucking learn to read and look at context before you type your stupid fucking non-posts.
>>
>>24793528

>if it has a weakness it isn't good

Fuck off retard. Go to a pokegirl thread or something
>>
>>24793545

Wow ebin. GJ m8 you sure showed me.
>>
>>24792809
kill yourself
>>
>>24793528

Thing is, this thread is about Audino. Every one knows there's better options but this isn't about them.
>>
>>24793556

Glad you could admit to your retardation. Now go already.
>>
>>24793545
He's right though. Other Pokemon have weaknesses, but they can still be effective while they're around, or can help wear them down.

That set does jackshit while any steel is around and gives them almost free switches. It's the difference between Suicune threatening a Scald burn and Audino doing maybe 5%
>>
>>24793559

But that set is still bad because, as I said, it gets completely destroyed the second they switch in Scizor/Ferrothorn/Klefki/whatever.
>>
>>24793577

>I don't know how to pick my switch's so it's bad

What kind of person would send that set out with the possibility of a steel type? Christ you smogon kids can't think for shit.
>>
>>24793582

Yeah buddy every set is good when all its counters have been removed. Good job, Captain Obvious. Gold star.
>>
>>24793582
>i'll use something that's 100% deadweight against some of the most common pokemon in the meta
>i enjoy playing 5v6
>i like giving my opponents free switches
Why would I ever use that Audino set over, say, Clefable?
>>
>>24793593

Yes fucker, I can't believe I actually had to write that out for you. How can you be so dense?
>>
>>24793602

Are you literally retarded?
>>
>>24793599

For the challenge and variety. Can't use copy paste teams forever.
>>
>>24793593
You realize that is literally the case with team preview right? You can outright see if they have a steel type and neutralize it before ever going mega.
>>
>>24793612
>using something directly inferior in every way because muh copy paste
I love this meme.
>>
>>24793611

You admit that there's no reason to switch into a steel, that the set functions when properly played and then call me a retard? Dumb af desu senpai
>>
>>24793621

Do you know what a meme is? Fucking kids these days. And yes, there are better Pokemon. It's not fun using the same thing all the time. You are a huge faggot or just haven't been playing competitive very long.
>>
>>24792777
I remember seeing a good doubles team with audino and muk
can't find the replay now
>>
>>24793622

No you fucking retard, your set is shit because the steels will switch INTO YOU and then your shitty one move 50 BP Audino has literally no options, so Ferrothorn is going to set up free rocks and if you stay in it will paralyze you, seed you, or Toxic you and then 2HKO you with Gyro Ball if you decide to switch in and there's literally nothing you can do about it. If they switch in Scizor they get to dance for free, allowing them to OHKO any pokemon you send out to counter it with Knock Off after Stealth Rock damage.

This isn't even about Clefable doing the job better. In fact I used to run Drain Kiss on Sylveon back in X/Y before you could Move Tutor Hyper Voice and even that set was better because I had the sense to put Shadow Ball on it and Substitute so it was possible to 2HKO Steels.

That Audino set is simply fucking bad and you have no idea what you're talking about. Congrats, you trolled me, you're fucking stupid.
>>
>>24793664

>is so fucking stupid he thinks being wrong I getting trolled

How about, I don't know, not letting your opponent outplay you? Let is go already, you've made an ass of yourself.
>>
>>24793636
>not using ELO hell-level sets means you're using the same shit every time
wew
>>
>>24792777
post it already
>>
>>24792777
Into the ground
>>
>>24792777
My stupid gimmick that I love to run:

Adamant
252HP/252Atk/4Spd

Klutz @Choice Band
-Skill Swap
-Last Resort

Alternatively, you could run Scarf and max Speed/Jolly. I also add Wish and Protect to the moveset, so you have to burn through those to use Last Resort, but it allows you to have some additional utility before Skill Swapping. The best set is just the Skill Swap and Last Resort if you want some laughs.
>>
Slap a choice band on it. It's offensive movepool is a bit shallow, but has enough to be somewhat useable.
>>
>>24793687
>Literally verlis tier
>Y-You guys just don't know how to play.
You're shit at teambuilding, sorry your set is literal trash. You're the only one looking like an ass right now.
>>
>>24792777
Get out pervert
>>
>>24794238

For the last time, it is not my set. How can you be this stupid? You need to drink base liquids.
>>
I want to fuck a thick Audino
>>
>>24793471
>what is hidden power fire magnezone
It's literally that easy to circumvent the problem
>>
>>24793593
>muh captain obvious meme
Yeah let's completely disregard the fact that we have a way to specifically trap steel types that doesn't work on any other type.
>>
>>24795580

>Scizor Swords Dances while you switch out
>Superpower

Where is your god now?
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.