[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How bad is your balltism, /vp/? How far do you go to obtain a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8
File: balltism intensifies.png (318 KB, 484x575) Image search: [Google]
balltism intensifies.png
318 KB, 484x575
How bad is your balltism, /vp/? How far do you go to obtain a specific Pokemon in a specific Pokeball?
>>
I had to CHAIN TRADE with every fucking Redditor on R/pokemontrades to get my fucking Dream Ball HA Basculin. This is how bad it got.

But then Injection happened, and I couldn't have been happier.
>>
Pretty bad back then, but it's been so long since I bred or distributed/participated in baby trash distributions on /vp/ that I don't think I simply care anymore.

That being said, if conditions are good and I'm feeling particularly patient, I'll chuck an Ultra Ball at Raikou, or Heal Ball at Jigglypuff when I play again.
>>
>>24608801
I inject them :^)
>>
I have a friend who is pouring hundreds of hours into Soul Silver trying to get every single pokemon in every single possible ball.

I don't think it's even about balltism. I think he's just bored.
>>
>>24608801
The fact Heavy Ball Aggron does not exist makes me sad.
>>
>the bag icon for a pokeball has a different shade of color than the actual pokeball
This kills the autist
>>
>>24608876
but it does
>>
>>24608889
Aron is not legal with any Johto Ball, period, unless you're injecting.
>>
Not very bad, I just catch everything in Ultra Balls.
>>
Injection killed it for me. Which is probably for the best, since it is a waste of time. But that's mostly why i play pokemon anyway, to kill time
>>
>>24608881
tru
>>
It's so bad that it's the bane of my Pokemon experience. I need to catch mons in a variety of balls and the fact that the apricorn balls are gen 4 exclusive drives me nuts.
>>
Not very. If it's easily possible I'll do it. If I can't who cares put it in any ball
>>
>>24608948
Heavy Ball can't be held, nor is it programmed as an item in DPPT. I'm pretty sure the retard is you.
>>
I never used to care about balltism, even after the changes with gen VI's breeding mechanics, but I recently started playing through Platinum with a friend, and suddenly I started caring a lot about how my team looks compared to theirs. We're gonna be starting HeartGold/SoulSilver soon and I'm afraid of how badly it's going to cripple my progress of the game.
>>
File: image.jpg (110 KB, 1536x447) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110 KB, 1536x447
How weak.
>>
During the story playthrough, everything I use has to be in a regular pokeball.

For my postgame team after breeding and such for online, everything has to be in premier balls.
>>
>>24608801
Inject.
>>
The only time I cared was for my very favourite pokemon.
It's genderless, so I couldn't pass down a ball to it, so I pokesaved a pentaperfect one in a Great Ball back in Gen 5.
>>
I have about 200 hours combined in HG and SS, running around JUST for Apricorn balls.

Only problem I have is that some really nice combos are impossible to have both HA and Balltism with.
>>
Ghost and other spooky mons go in Dusk balls.
Dream ball has some top tier animation and goes nicely with just about everyone.
Apricorn balls are pretty eh, now that they no longer have their specific animation upon entering battle.
>>
>>24608801
i went in threads asking if anyone had any turtwigs in dusk, friend or safari balls even tought i knew they werent legit and never will
i wanted to mass breed those lil things and wonder trade away all the females to keep spreading them
>>
>>24608924
They really need to bring apricorn balls back somehow. Having to catch them in gen IV then transfer them to ORAS/XY just sounds tedious.

I wouldn't even mind if they were at the pokemiles shop only.
>>
File: 1442795158737[1].jpg (23 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
1442795158737[1].jpg
23 KB, 409x409
>tfw friend ball rayquaza
>>
Love ball blissey
or
Safari Ball chansey
>>
Hold me /vp/. I don't know why but I only go with regular pokeballs or honor balls for legendaries.
>>
It's not that bad but it's slowly gotten worse over time, back in XY days I didn't care too much but then I made myself a Premier Ball Gallade and it was just nicer. I'm almost tempted to get out my HeartGold out just to catch a Safari Ball Hippopotas.
>>
File: hold me.jpg (36 KB, 764x764) Image search: [Google]
hold me.jpg
36 KB, 764x764
>>24608801
normally most things i plan on keeping in a pokeball, this was a bitch for a few pokemon; e.g. Kyogre with aqua ring
>mfw
>>
gamefreak seriously needs to add the function to swap pokemon's pokeballs. I hatched a shiny onix and I wish I could put it in something other than the default.
>>
Pokeballs for most Pokemon, Master Balls for Legendaries. Primer Ball for Shinies.

Anything else is trash.
>>
Sport ball scizor and fast ball raichu are my rarest balls.

I guess as friend safari dies out my matching ball gen 1&6 starters will be more rare too
>>
Dream ball for all Fossils (minus 6the Gen)
Munna in dream ball
>>
File: 1426467217270s.jpg (6 KB, 212x250) Image search: [Google]
1426467217270s.jpg
6 KB, 212x250
>See pokeball shop in lumiose
>Apricorn balls in display case
>Oh cool, we can buy them again
>mfw store doesn't sell them
>mfw gen 6 is the first gen without a new pokeball type
>>
>>24608801
I only like doing ones that REALLY look similar like Tentacruel with a great ball, Electabuzz with an ultra ball, Timer ball with Dialga, and Quick Ball with Minun and others
>>
File: 1445982802399.png (945 KB, 874x1120) Image search: [Google]
1445982802399.png
945 KB, 874x1120
>>24608801
I like love balls and heal balls.
I can't stand it when my pokemon are in ultra balls, great balls, etc. It just looks bad.
>>
>>24613674
>gen 6 is the first gen without a new pokeball type

The gen that had the Pokeball Factory didn't introduce a new ball. That's pretty fucking stupid.
>>
>>24613960
It let you buy Premier Balls though.
>>
>>24608801
>tfw dusk ball and quick ball works better than ultra balls for some fucking coincidence
>>
Best ball for catching Shiny Terrakion?
>>
>>24608801
I never had balltism until I started injecting.
I didn't care for everyone in pokeballs/ultraballs, but I never took the effort to go out fix it.
Now I look up every ball and their effects before I choose what best suits a mon's color pallet and other things.
>>
>>24608801
Bad enough that I won't breed a new 5IV mon until I have a Dream/Bank Ball for it
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.