[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I never actually played any of the post-game content in HG
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
So I never actually played any of the post-game content in HG and SS. Does the Kanto region in the remakes feel any less empty than it did in the original Gold and Silver?
>>
>>24800293
Play it and find out yourself.
>>
>>24800293
It's good but you're probably just fishing for genwar replies
>>
>>24800322
I'm really not. I lost interest in Soul Silver about two thirds of the way through the main game, and for a while after that I was just kind of burnt out on pokemon, really didn't get back into it until the next games came out. I remember as a kid being really excited when I found out you could go to Kanto after beating the Johto league, but then getting bored with it once I realized there really wasn't much to it aside from challenging the gyms. I was just curious if they fleshed out the Kanto area in the remakes or not.
>>
>>24800381
>>24800293

No.

There's a Battle Frontier, I guess
>>
>>24800293
They improved it, it doesn't have everything from RBY or FRLG, but they added to my memory:

>a full Viridian Forest
>Pewter Museum
>a full Seafoam Islands
>Cerulean Cave

Cinnabar Island is still destroyed but the Blaine was able to fully rebuild his Gym at least. No Lavender Tower, Silph Co., or Power Plant dungeons though.
>>
>>24800674
And it's good that they didn't bring everything back to FRLG state.

It's three fuckin' years later, things have changed.

Also, bringing back Mewtwo in the exact same way as before was stupid. They should've handled it a different way. The birds also seemed forcibly crammed in.
>>
>>24800293
Off the top of my head
>Viridian Forest is returned to its former RBY glory
>The museum is open again
>Mt. Silver is way bigger (although that's on the border of the regions) and more geographically diverse
>Fuschia City and Cerulean City both have their proper music back
>Cerulean Cave is back
>Brand new layout for the restored Seafoam Island, complete with sliding ice puzzles
>Gym leader rematches in the Saffron Dojo
>Eusine/Suicune quest carries on into Kanto
>The three Kanto birds are catchable again
>Oak gives you a Kanto starter, Steven Stone in Silph gives you a Hoenn starter (if I remember correctly)
>Pal Park in Fuschia to replace the closed down Safari
>The trash can and arrow tile puzzles have been restored to Vermillion and Viridian gyms, respectively
>Blaine's gym has an actual layout with trainers now
I'm sure there's more, but that's the basics of it. So yeah, it's a lot less bare-bones than it was in G/S/C, but it's still not perfect
>>
>>24800293

>after challenging the kanto leaders, they can be rematched with full teams featuring gen III and IV mons

it's a pain in the dick to set these up though

>a few gym leaders have new gym puzzles

..surge gets his rage puzzle back though

>more legendaries to catch

like latios or latias can be caught, but with the same system as the legendary dogs (and they can fly to unconnected routes). you can get the gen III legendaries as well after beating red

the remixed tunes+environments also make kanto a bit less monotonous.
>>
>>24800738
Well there isn't anything saying Mewtwo being caught is canon. I mean in Pokémon Adventures and Pokémon Origins, maybe, but there wasn't anything in GSC saying "Mewtwo was captured by [x] trainer three years ago" and nobody ever uses a Mewtwo in the game.
>>
>>24800754
Shame Viridian still sounds like elevator music.
>>
>>24800775
>implying this is a bad thing
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.