[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best PokeMMO's out there?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: PokeMMO.png (33 KB, 620x213) Image search: [Google]
PokeMMO.png
33 KB, 620x213
So far I have only tried this https://pokemmo.eu/ and it seems to be quite grindy, but are there any better ones out there?

I saw something about this http://pokemon-revolution.net/maintenance.php but it seems to be on maintenance so I have no idea, has anyone tried it?

And are there any other ones that are in develepment right now?
>>
Stop shilling famicom
>>
File: 1413235122139s.jpg (5 KB, 190x201) Image search: [Google]
1413235122139s.jpg
5 KB, 190x201
>>24778874
How the fuck is this shillin lol.

Really no one has answers?
>>
>>24778866

As a former alpha/beta-tester, I can say with 100% honesty that PokeMMO is fucking garbage. The moderators are power-tripping douches who don't give two shits about anyone but their inner circle, the game itself is hideous, the development team is incredibly lazy and inconsistent, and the heart that was once there is now gone. They deleted one of the most popular sections of the forums just because people complained about the quality of the game and moderation there. You can potentially get banned for talking about playing any MMO that isn't PokeMMO with other users--they once banned a guy for trying to play with people on a Minecraft server he made just for him and his PokeMMO buddies to play on. They programmed things a certain way that transforms the post game into riding a bike for quite literal hours and trying to grind the E4 to catch up with the hyper-inflation.

I tried that Revolution game. Graphically, it's incredible. All the over world is custom. There are canon-quality mega sprites. The story is painful fanfiction, but I can't say that it's particularly awful. However, there is a fuckton of shameless shilling, like having some wild Pokemon exclusive to donators. There's also the matter of their servers, which are unreliable at best and can only handle 200 people at most at a time.

All in all, there aren't any excellent Pokemon MMOs out there. Revolution seems like it might be okay, but I haven't played enough to say for sure. Stay away from PokeMMO. Keep praying for an official MMO.
>>
>>24778866

They're basically all terrible.
>>
>>24779255
Well only thing that keeps me playing PokeMMO is that I can play the older styled doubles there and as a guy who is big fan of vgc and started at 6th gen, I really want to experience some older styled vgc/double battles there.

>pokemon exclusive to donators
that's sounds pretty bad tbqh.

Gonna give the Revolution a go asap anyways.
>>
>>24779255
>like having some wild Pokemon exclusive to donators
I found out that with premium or something you can get access to some pokemons earlier in the story so not exactly how you said, this is fine imo, also the items available with cash seems to be cosmetic.

Servers seem like shit, I heard that they are working for better ones so we'll see.
>>
>>24779268
Everything that exists is terrible to /vp/, including /vp/
>>
>>24778866
pokeMMO is quite the shit

I played it years ago and everything was really cool, even got myself all possible items

recently entered the game again and can openly say it's pure garbage, it's not a game to enjoy its just a game to grind like an autist now

If you want good pokemon then you have to waste at least 2 days of your life to get one that won't even -possibly- have the nature you want, as the other anon said, the heart is gone and the players are boring.

another thing, -besides that crappy breeding system- is that there's inflation. yes, just what I wrote
Inflation.
in a mmo
and the brains never took action to solve it, so it's basically impossible to get your feet in nice battles if you are a newbie.

I haven't tried others but I really wish for an official one though
>>
File: logo.png (42 KB, 200x127) Image search: [Google]
logo.png
42 KB, 200x127
How is Pokemon Mystery Universe?
>>
>>24779255
>As a former alpha/beta-tester
Annnnd now your opinion means nothing. That was 3+ years ago and there's been a steady number of updates since.

>incredibly lazy and inconsistent
Refer back to the first note.

>You can potentially get banned for talking about playing any MMO that isn't PokeMMO with other users--they once banned a guy for trying to play with people on a Minecraft server he made just for him and his PokeMMO buddies to play on.
Please continue to pull random shit out of your ass. 5th time is the charm.

>grind the E4 to catch up
Welcome to every pokemon game from the last 15 years

NEXT CUSTOMER
>>24780636
>it's not a game to enjoy its just a game to grind like an autist now
Again, welcome to every pokemon game made. Jesus Christ has anyone here actually played pokemon?

>If you want good pokemon then you have to waste at least 2 days of your life to get one that won't even -possibly- have the nature you want
Annnnnnnnd welcome to every pokemon game from the last decade. The only difference is that you can buy proper nature and IV'd pokemon from other players. Which makes things easier than any other game you've played.

>is that there's inflation. yes, just what I wrote
Inflation.
in a mmo
And this is where I just accept that you guys are actually just trolling. Do you know what an MMO is? Or what an economy is? Please google those what those words mean before using them.

>so it's basically impossible to get your feet in nice battles if you are a newbie.
Catch a meowth. Kill things with payday. Buy yourself any pokemon you want with your desired stats and natures.
>>
Pokemon Vortex
>>
there is a minecraft mod (of course) for pokemon called pixelmon that's actually pretty good, but i do not know if there are any good servers up right now. /vp has ran a server for it a few times now, but the last version died months ago due the main mod having a nervous breakdown and dropping usercount.
>>
>>24783903
>being this upset over people's opinions

Gee are you a mod at pokeMMO or something?
>>
>>24783903

I was an alpha tester and then played the game and defended it dedicatedly for nearly 2.5 years. Even when we went nearly 5 months without a single update. Even when I nearly got banned for calling a random player (friend of a mod) a slut.

The game sucks and it's not fun. Ask literally anyone who plays it for hours every day who isn't a hair-triggered moderator, which you probably are judging by your rabid defending.
>>
File: pokemonrevolutiononline.png (699 KB, 1920x1079) Image search: [Google]
pokemonrevolutiononline.png
699 KB, 1920x1079
>>24784786
Played it for 400 hours few years back, don't remember why exactly I stopped though..

And yesterday I tried Pokemon revolution online, it seems to be easily the best pokemmo out there, though it can come down to a preference since its quite different, there is no breeding for example. so you rely on synchronize for nature and luck to get iv's and hidden ability if you want it (5% chance).

The graphics are pretty damn nice, I prefer them over the old ones, it's hard to go back to pokemmo after pokemon revolution.

Also I like how you can see the IV's right after catching a pokemon etc. (pic related)
>>
>>24782986
Made by some friends of mine. They completely re-did all the scripting a couple years ago, so it plays better than it did. It's free so there's no harm checking it out.
>>
>>24784786
You called someone a slut in an online game for children. That's actually a legitimate reason to get banned.
>>
>>24786239
slut
>>
>>24783903
You have a pretty loud way of typing for someone who literally has no arguments at all. You're only attacking the person behind the comments and display precisely the behaviour that the posters before seem to indicate as being a problem on said MMO.

Do you have any vested interests in this game, or are you just really upset that someone calls a game bad in a concise and pretty well formulated manner complete with arguments?

Or maybe you're just 12
>>
>>24778866
Wants a pokemon mmo....
Says too grindy...
uhm lol wut?

Arent both of those things technically both grindy?
>>
>>24779255
I used to be a CM for PokeMMO.

It was not fun.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.