[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shiny Breeding
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 12
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2448x2991) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2448x2991
Any of you guys doing shiny breeding or did it?
How long'd it take?
How many eggs did you go through?
If you're doing it now, what're you breeding?

Right now I'm trying to get a shiny Snorlax in my tossaway Diamond
So far, I've went through 1365 eggs with no luck
I'm starting to lose hope, how do I keep going, /vp/?
>>
About 9 boxes for a shiny honedge. Gave up on box 38 for a shiny pumpkaboo.
>>
>>24724974
Upgrade to XY because the shiny rate is insanely high. Until this gen I'd never encountered a single shiny. When I beat XY I walked into my first friend safari and the first fucking encounter was a shiny Ninetales. I've successfully bred a ton of competitive shinies with little to no effort and even got a few accidental shinies while breeding for just stats/moves.

I actually decided, now that almost all the legends in ORAS are not shiny locked (and those that are were obtainable in the past), that I'm going to just bite the bullet and breed a shiny living dex for shits and giggles. There are only like six pokemon that aren't available shiny and most of those are because they're events, so it should be simple enough. I'm not even breeding for stats so all I'm worrying about is shininess. I've got a good handful already including a few event mons, so I'm decently underway. Should be a fun project to kill time waiting for the next game, and then I'll have complete access to whatever mon I want to play through it with, seeing as cloning is easy as shit.
>>
>>24725367
Once I was multitasking while catching dittos and I didn't even realize I caught a shiny until I checked my boxes
>>
>>24724974
masuda'd in xy for a furfrou, took me about 20 eggs
thats the only time i ever bred for a shiny
>>
>>24725367
I hear gen 6 is really nice for shiny breeding but I spend the most of my time playing SoulSilver so fuck me, God I hate how long this shit takes
>>
HOLY FUCK
That's a lot of snorlaxes, how the fuck do you even have the patience for that, OP?
>>
>>24725399
By taking multiple long ass breaks, I've been working on this for 2 months, sometimes I have to take multiple day long breaks because it gets so bad I start dreaming about this shit
I've taken to calling the whole thing "The Hunt For The Blue Snorlax"
I wanted to stop but I've already invested so much time in it I don't wanna give up now
>>
>>24724974
I've bred for 10 shinies now.
Kanga took me about 86 eggs
Eevee took me 657
treecko took a little over 800 (I stopped counting after that)
Zubat took about 90
Those are the ones I actually wrote down.
I usually watch a show while breeding or what I do is fill my boxes with eggs and just use keysav. Saves you the trouble of hatching the mons and it lets you look at the ivs and hp so you can see which ones you want to keep.
>>
File: smdsfw.png (110 KB, 300x589) Image search: [Google]
smdsfw.png
110 KB, 300x589
I'm using my Emerald to shiny hunt a Snorunt.
I'm using Emerald because I want to collect all of the ribbons!
I have 11 boxes full so far and I'm starting to feel bad because of all of the Snorunts I have to release...
>>
>>24725554
Just realized that Pokemon Box exists so I won't feel as bad now.
>>
i was playing Y a few months back and wanted to breed a decent charmander to use charizard y. just threw a foreign and native charmander into the daycare so i could pick and chose natures that came out. three eggs in, i look at the charmander i hatched and he seems a bit brighter. check him out, lo and behold hes shiny. wasnt even trying.
He was the third shiny i got that gen without trying, and the first one i ever bred.
>>
OP you ever hear of the guy that spent 5 years soft resetting for a shiny mewtwo?
Just hang in there, through perservance you'll get it
>>
After several months of off and on shiny breeding I finally got a shiny buneary. Victory feels kinda phyrric, since I lost my dad in the meantime.

My previously bred shinies include honedge, gastly and spiritomb. They took me approx.100, 50 and 20 eggs respectively.
>>
I decided to get a shiny onix a couple weeks ago while playing pokemon white. Ended up taking me literally less than 2 days of effort. I hatched probably less than 200 eggs before I got it.

I wish I could give you advice, but I felt really lucky. I mean I played the entire game and then some without coming across a shiny. I'd say find something to distract yourself while you run around hatching.

My only suggestion, use one party slot for a pokemon with the ability flame body, takes ages to hatch an egg otherwise. That's what I did.
>>
>>24726684
5 years? Holy shit it took me from March 2013 to December 2014 to SR a shiny Mewtwo in FR. Took me 117 hours (yes I timed it) over that period and I thought I was unlucky.
>>
>>24726684
That is some horrible luck right there.
>>
>>24724974
I reset Sapphire a few hundred times until I got a shiny Torchic
Tried to do it with Mudkip, but I lost patience
>>
>>24728444
I lost patience after 7 attempts while sr'ing for a shiny totodile in HG. It's just way to long of a process to pick the pokemon and then talk to the professor.
Good on you anon
>>
>>24724974
DP have to be the easiest games to rng abuse

It all boils down to
>Catch a high level pokemon
>Use it to determine your seed
>Double-tap the poketch 'friendliness' app a given number of times
>Receive egg
>Hatch shiny

Seriously just look around for a guide, anon.
>>
Lol, no. Went through over 600 Firefoxes before I trashed the idea. Decided to try again for a Mawille though.

Which I have a question about actually. The Mawille has 31 in all IVs save Sp. Att. I'm breeding it holding a destiny knot, while the Ditto on the other end has a Power Lense. Unless my understanding of held items is all wrong, shouldn't all of their offspring have the same IVs as the original Mawille? They are totally random so far, with 4 perfect IVs being the best result
>>
>>24728931
Can't use destiny knot and a power item together.
you'll only get the power item iv and 3 from the parents.
What you'd have to do is breed a better parent to replace the ditto and give it a everstone for the nature and the other destiny knot.
>>
>>24728982

Ah, well that's a simple fix. Thanks anon, wish me luck!
>>
>>24728931
>>24728982
Why would SpAtt matter on Mawile? The parent is already perfect, just give it the everstone and destiny knot to ditto.
>>
>>24728986
Good luck
>>24728987
Probably thought it would produce a 6iv mon
>>
>>24725367
300+ hours on XY, similar hours on past games. never, ever, ever encountered a single shiny in my life
>>
>>24728995
>>24728987

I was just trying to duplicate the parent, but with an english name and female.

I'm autistic like that
>>
>breed a Scizor in Gen 3 for battle tower
>suddenly shiny scyther
>that fucking nature
>>
>wanted to try out masuda method back in pearl
>get some german scyther since its my fav pokemon
>7th (seventh) egg gives me a shiny
>its fucking shit with low IVs in attack and HP and calm nature
>breeding for next shiny took me over 3k eggs

fucking rng
>>
File: 1444934209045.jpg (19 KB, 176x171) Image search: [Google]
1444934209045.jpg
19 KB, 176x171
>>24724974
11 eggs for shiny trapinch.

10 years worth of soft resetting and 600-eggs-within-the-past-few-months later and still no shiny torchic.

life if suffering
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2448x2448
So I guess this is the Shiny Hunt Weekend thread for now?

Exactly one year later, I'm finally starting OR/AS.

OR will be with my shiny mono-grass team and AS will be either a Nuzlocke or a Badge Quest. Any suggestions?

Feels good to be back.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Was gonna make a /shw/ thread but no need. Hatched this a few days ago because I needed a new mega. I hadn't put a 6iv into the daycare so I wasn't expecting anything good
>HA
>5iv missing sp. attack
>FEMALE
Also bred in a dream ball, I think I used up all my shiny luck, but it took over 1300 eggs so it was very worth it.
>>
>>24730823
Damn son, congrats. That's some amazing luck

What're you going to call her?
>>
>>24732129
Artemis. I name all my competitive shinies after Greek gods and goddesses, unless I have a more fitting name.
>>
Do ribbons increase the value of a shiny?
>>
>Spend 2-3 straight days at the beginning of this week trying to hatch a shiny HA Treeko.
>~600 eggs later, one hatches
>Overgrow
>Fuck this, I'm not getting off the ride
>Fast forward to today
>~800 eggs later, finally another one
>Fucking Overgrow again
>>
>>24724974
It took me ~25,000 eggs for a Shiny Absol
>>
>>24732461
Bullshit
It takes no more then 8thousand something eggs to breed a shiny
>>
>>24732753
You don't really get how probability works right?
>>
>>24732786
The probability is 1 in 8192
Which means you have a one in eight thousand ninety two chance of breeding a shiny
Which means that eventually somewhere in that 8192 you will come across a shiny, even if it is the 8192nd egg
You can't surpass 8192, that'd make the probability 1 in 25,000
>>
>>24732892
Wew lad you need to read up on your old probability textbooks
>>
>>24732892
Go back to elementary school. 1/8192 probability means that every egg hatched has 1/8192 chances of being a shiny. It doesn't guarantee that you will get a shiny in that many eggs. It could happen on the first, the hundredth, the ten-thousandth or the millionth. You're never guaranteed to get a shiny.
>>
File: Shiny Hunty Weekend.gif (604 KB, 2088x1876) Image search: [Google]
Shiny Hunty Weekend.gif
604 KB, 2088x1876
>>24724974
I've been MMing for 3 different shinies in ORAS for a while now, it takes a really long time.
Tip: don't listen to pic related's advice on MMing, it slows the whole process down and is generally quite inconvenient. Just get a shitton of eggs and then hatch them all.
>>
>>24733020
>>24733033
Jesus Christ, think of it like this:
There are 8192 copies of Pokemon Emerald
Only one is hacked
You don't know which is hacked however
You now have a 1 in 8192 chance of grabbing the hacked one
HOWEVER, if you keep grabbing one by one you'll come across it, whether it be the 2nd copy, the 497th copy, or even the 8192nd copy
You CANT however go through 25,000 copies because there isn't 25,000, if there were the probability would be 1 in 25,000
>>
File: 1373215587351.gif (109 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1373215587351.gif
109 KB, 200x200
>>24733280
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 500x294) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 500x294
>>24733280
>>
>>24733280
Eggs work different then material objects anon, mostly because there are an unlimited number of them
>>
>>24733280
You don't seem to understand independent events. Each egg is separate in shiny probability from the others.
>>
>>24733280
so by your logic, since a coin toss has a 1/2 chance of being heads, every time you flip a coin twice you'll garentued a heads
>>
>>24728463
Is it the same for Platinum and SS/HG?
>>
>a friend give me a "Male Only" Goodra to breed.
>6th egg.
>Shiny goomy.
>Male.

So close...
>>
>>24733280
except that's incorrect, you retard. It's more like, every time you grab a non-hacked copy, you put it back on the shelf, shuffle the copies, and take another one.
>>
>>24724974
>1365 eggs
Holy shit.
Don't SNORLAX on me now!
>>
>>24725367
Well, I apparently had a luck; finding 5 Shinies in 6 years (although one escaped and one is from Crystal, so....)
>>
>>24732461 and all shitposting related to it taking the bait
At 25000 Eggs, you have 95% that at least one of the things is a Shiny. Reaches 99% at around 38000.
Hatching 8192 gives you around 63% for a single Shiny.

This is using the old 1/8192 chance. With 1/4096, the numbers rise. 99% is now hit around 19000 Eggs. 8192 is now 86% for a single Shiny.

4096 gives the same as 8192 before.
>>
>>24730458
Skip it, play XY
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 605x412) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 605x412
>>24733280
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.