[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
With the advent of Pokemon Go,I wonder, has the Pokemon franchise
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
With the advent of Pokemon Go,I wonder, has the Pokemon franchise surpassed the Mario franchise as Nintendo's #1 breadwinner? What does that mean for the future of the series? I personally expect some experimentation in the future, and would like more games that deviate from the standard and are more akin to the mystery dungeon series, or even crossovers.
>>
>>27227723
If anything GO just muddies the water.

Think of all the fake Genwun faggots we're going to be inviting, playing armchair monster design critic in addition to the ones we already have.

I smell Cerberus Syndrome.
>>
>>27227723
Pokemon would need to double it's numbers and possibly then some. And Tetris also stands in the way. (would still need ungodly numbers)
>>
>>27227723

GO will be remembered as the first of the augmented reality era, even though that's not entirely true.

The real cash will be seen by how businesses take advantage of it from a marketing perspective.

>every sushi joint near a Pokespot should be buying lures by the gross, create a character with the business' name, and watch the weebs pour in

This can, and will, work for all businesses close to one.

But surpass Mario? When they're feverishly working on a Mario GO? Hell no.
>>
File: CRRAH0rWcAIlfFB.jpg (23 KB, 592x366) Image search: [Google]
CRRAH0rWcAIlfFB.jpg
23 KB, 592x366
>>27227877
>Mario GO
Now how would that even work
>>
>>27228005
I caught this mario by the mailbox...
>>
>>27228005
>Goombas and Koopas pop up on your phone
>You jump on them
>and into traffic
>>
>>27228112
I was actually thinking of how factions would come into play here. You play Mushroom Kingdom and get Mario and his friends. Play Koopas and get stuff like Goombas and Koopas and even a chance at Bowser himself. Unfortunately, I don't think there's enough to make up a third faction, and it would tip things in favor of Bowser since there's far more enemies than there are anything else in the Mario verse.
>>
>>27227723
>no thigh window
It's shit.
>>
>>27228183
King Boo maybe, more options if you're willing to use the RPG series
>>
>>27228213
Which RPG series, Paper Mario or Mario and Luigi?
>>
>>27228242
Mario and Luigi and Paper Mario can be the same now. I assumed he meant Smithy Gang as well as Beanbean/Cackletta/Fawful though.
>>
>>27228005
Mario Maker for smartphones
>>
>>27227820
What does Tetris have to do with this discussion? Nintendo doesn't own that.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.