[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A Fan Made Horror-Theme Region and Pokemon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 16
Feedback is appreciated.

*Barzalor*

One – The Concept –

Loosely inspired by the horror film genre, cryptozoology, medieval Europe, and the fictionalized version of Transylvania. The name Barzalor comes from the Hungarian word for horror, as Hungarian is the spoken language of Transylvania. Like Transylvania in early horror movies, much of this region is dark and foreboding.

Two – The Pokemon –

Grass/Rock Starter Monkey -> Chimp -> Gorilla
Water/Fighting Starter Frilled Axolotl -> Alligator Newt -> Emperor Newt
Fire/Fairy Starter Rabbit -> Hare -> Flemish Giant Rabbit
Flying/Electric Duck -> Stork -> Shoebill 3-stage
Bug/Dragon Ambush Bug 3-stage 600 BST Pseudo-Legend
Rock/Electric Fossil Indricotherium 2-stage
Rock/Water Fossil Temnospondyls Prionosuchus 2-stage
Dark/Fighting Numbat -> Tasmanian Devil -> Tasmanian Tiger 3-stage
Fighting/Fairy Capoeira fighting girl 1-stage
Fighting/Electric Brazilian Jiu Jitsu fighting boy 1-stage
Grass/Fire Jack o’ Lantern -> Spring-heeled Jack 2-stage
Dark/Fairy Mothman 2-stage
Dark/Ghost Manananggal 2-stage
Dark/Poison Tengu 2-stage
Normal/Fairy Tanuki 2-stage

Pokemon continued in next post
>>
Part 2

Normal Shiba Inu Puppy 3-stage w/branch evolutions at stage 2 if knocked out while you have a pokemon of the corresponding type in your party
-Normal/Rock Shiba Inu BST: 75/90/60/75/60/90 -> 90/125/80/90/80/125
-Normal/Ground Kishu Inu BST: 90/90/75/60/75/60 -> 125/125/90/80/90/80
-Normal/Poison Shikoku Inu BST: 90/60/75/60/75/90 -> 125/90/80/80/90/125
-Normal/Steel American Akita BST: 75/60/90/60/90/75 -> 90/80/125/80/125/90
-Normal/Ghost Kai Inu BST: 60/60/75/90/75/90 -> 80/80/90/125/90/125
-Normal/Fighting Hokkaido Inu BST: 60/90/75/90/75/60 -> 80/125/90/125/90/80
Water/Poison Goblin Shark 2-stage
Water/Fire Mantis Shrimp 2-stage
Water/Bug Tiger Prawn 2-stage
Electric/Fighting Cheetah 2-stage Rival of honey badger
Ground/Fighting Honey Badger 2-stage Rival of cheetah
Ice/Fighting Snow Leopard 2-stage Rival of wolverine
Fire/Fighting Wolverine 2-stage Rival of snow leopard
Ghost Hanged man 1-stage
Ground/Fairy Markhor 2-stage
Dragon/Poison Gila Monster -> Thorny Dragon -> Komodo Dragon 3-stage
Fairy Langur Chato 1-stage Rival of bush viper
Dark/Poison Bush Viper 1-stage Rival of langur chato
Electric/Ice Quokka -> Tree Kangaroo 2-stage Pikachu Clone
Water/Grass Coconut Crab 3-stage
Ground/Dark Babirusa 2-stage
Grass/Steel Red Muntjac 2-stage
Steel/Psychic Glaucus Atlanticus 2-stage w/Levitate
Flying/Grass Fox-Faced Bat 1-stage
Flying/Dark Vampire Bat 1-stage
Ice/Psychic Gerenuk 2-stage
Flying/Ground Bearded Vulture 2-stage
Bug/Psychic Aggressive Crab Spider 2-stage
Bug/Dark Silkworm -> Cocoon -> Death’s-Head Hawkmoth 3-stage
Bug/Flying Beetle 2-stage Different evolutions, based on Stone
-Bug/Fire Firefly
-Bug/Electric Lightning Bug

Legendaries in Next post
>>
>>27171084
>Hungarian is the spoken language of Transylvania
Fuck off shitskin Magyar
>>
Legends

Poison/Fire Werewolf Legendary Trio
Poison/Psychic Vampire Legendary Trio
Poison/Rock Gargoyle Legendary Trio
Fairy/Flying Bird of Paradise Foe of Legendary Trio
Ghost/Psychic Wendigo Second Legendary Trio
Ghost/Fighting Chupacabra Second Legendary Trio
Ghost/Dragon Jersey Devil Second Legendary Trio
Fairy Elf Foe of Second Legendary Trio
Ground Centaur / Horseman of Famine (black in color)
Poison Centaur / Horseman of Pestilence (white in color)
Fire Centaur / Horseman of War (red in color)
Dark Centaur / Horseman of Death (greenish-gray in color)
Dragon/Fairy Imoogi / Benevolent Korean Dragon Foe of Malevolent Forces
The new Pokemon, 107 total, were conceptualized to be part region-specific and part Pokemon-friendly. The horror monsters and cryptids are obviously meant to be central to the region.
If you’re curious as to the thought process behind specific Pokemon, feel free to ask. I tried to put a good amount of creativity into each one. For instance, you may be wondering why a Mothman pokemon would be Dark/Fairy instead of Dark/Flying. Well my thinking was that the Mothman is seen as a harbinger of terrible things, but the lore behind it says that the Mothman actually warns of terrible things before they happen.
>>
Three – The Lore –
Barzalor is a large region in a valley, with several large cities and many small towns. At the center of the region is a very tall, black mountain, and surrounding the mountain is a dense, dark forest that is covered in a thick fog. The mountain and forest are said to be places of great evil, and many fiendish pokemon reside there. Most residents of the region dare not enter the forest, let alone scale the mountain, and their fears are stoked by frequent raids on nearby towns from cruel pokemon. These pokemon storm forth from the forest and attack nearby towns, usually stealing food, tainting wells and damaging crops.
Halfway up the mountain, upon a large plateau lies an ancient castle. It looms over the villages below like a shadow and is said to house evil, immortal pokemon and the spirit of the tyrant who once controlled the entire region.
Throughout the mountain are caverns and cave systems that can be used to traverse higher or lower.
Under the mountain is an underground lake said to house a mythical pokemon that is tasked with keeping evil at bay. But where is that pokemon now, when it’s needed so badly?
Two groups of three malevolent pokemon have always been kept at bay by two benevolent guardians, but those guardians have disappeared and the two trios are free to wreak havoc.
The forest surrounding the mountain is maze-like and holds many secrets.
The northernmost area of the region is a cold, snowy plateau with just a few small towns. It is home to wise clerics who know much of the evil in the region.
The southernmost area of the region is bounded by a powerful river and dotted with several lakes. This area is more tropical and sunny.

Lore continued in next post
>>
>>27171100
So your Mothman is basically Absol.
>>
The easternmost area is the hub of modernity for the region and is home to the largest city and towns. The inhabitants of this area consider themselves far removed from the problems caused by the mountain and dark forest.
The westernmost area of the region is more rural but is home to the region’s second largest city. This is where raids from the forest are most common.
Gym leaders are the protectors of their cities and towns, often taking on the role of mayor as well. They earn their titles by being the best trainers.

Four – The Flavor –
The story of the “game” would revolve around getting more powerful and gathering the gym leaders and Elite 4 to traverse the dark forest, climb the mountain and defeat the evil pokemon that are spreading chaos. The “third-game cover legendary,” the Dragon/Fairy Imoogi, would be awakened by your struggle/the goodness in your heart and aid you to defeat the “Horsemen.”
The “Horsemen” are able to make wild pokemon of all types but Fairy and Fighting became violent and subservient to their will. Dark, Ghost and Dragon pokemon are especially susceptible. Their goal is to make the people of the region leave so it can be ruled by pokemon again.
There are 13 legendary pokemon total, and 2 trios of evil pokemon for a specific reason. Six and 13 are numbers commonly associated with evil/misfortune.
The puppy pokemon is a lot like Eevee in that it has many branch evos, except I wanted it to feel more a part of the region so, it has to “die” to evolve, rather than touch a stone or be very happy.
There are a lot of Fighting and Fairy pokemon because they represent the antithesis of darkness(Dark is weak to Fighting, Fairy is the type of goodness).
A number of the pokemon started as just unused type combinations. I would come up with the typing and then look for interesting animals to fit.

Flavor continued in next post
>>
A lot of the pokemon are specifically based on endangered species. That’s because I think GameFreak should use their platform to inform kids of the extinction event that’s happening right now. Animals are going extinct at an alarming rate because of what humans are doing to the planet.
I made the Pikachu-clone a Quokka as sort of a joke. The Quokka is such a stupidly friendly animal that it’s going extinct because will go right up to predators to play with them. Google it.
I made a Death’s-Head Hawkmoth pokemon because that’s the moth from Silence of the Lambs.
The Water/Grass Coconut Crab grows coconuts on its body and throws them as weapons and eats them as snacks. :^)

End.
>>
EMN was a really shitty set, forcing the Eldrazi AGAIN and underusing DFC and Meld.

Starters seem alright, but Grass/Rock seems a bit nonsensical, and Axolotl starter already exists.
>>
>>27171132
Not MY mothman. That's the lore of the mothman. There's even a movie about it, with Richard Gere.
>>
>>27171177
>Starters seem alright, but Grass/Rock seems a bit nonsensical,
Why's that?
>and Axolotl starter already exists.
I know Axoltols and Mudpupies are basically the same, I just wanted a water/fighting Emperor Newt starter with a crown that uses a a huge tail to wreck your shit.
>>
>>27171213
Rock doesn't really seem like a Monkey type, at least to me since most Ape pokemon are either Fire or Fighting.

It depends on the design really. Is it supposed to be a barrel thrower or something?
>>
>>27171253
I picture it as having rocks protruding from it's head, arms, shoulder, back and knees, and the rocks being mossy.
I would like it to look reminiscent of an ancient statue from the middle of a jungle come to life. Like if one of the old Mayan statues in the jungles of South America "woke up."
>>
OP Im sure you went through a lot of effort to write this up but to be honest the way it's formatted puts me off so I won't read it.

I just came here to say that I've been wishing the last few days that a "mature" pokemon game was made, where theres a war going on and the Pokemons are used as soldiers and they get to wear tacticool gear and stuff but the story is the usual PTSD, "what monsters we become" CoD type shit.
>>
File: Transylvania Gen.png (108 KB, 813x1411) Image search: [Google]
Transylvania Gen.png
108 KB, 813x1411
>>27171623
>OP Im sure you went through a lot of effort to write this up
Not really. I've been sick and home from work all week with nothing to do.
>but to be honest the way it's formatted puts me off so I won't read it.
Does >pic related help?
>I just came here to say that I've been wishing the last few days that a "mature" pokemon game was made
That seems ironic.
>>
>>27171623
Ew...
>>
>>27171698
I know it's the opposite of what pokemon is supposed to be. I just really want to see Blastoise in tacticool gear tearing people apart with a blast from its canons
>>
>>27171730
Why would water tear people apart?
>>
>>27172224
High pressure water is used to cut certain rocks and other shit.

New werewolves are shit
>>
File: Ravager of the Fells.png (681 KB, 864x628) Image search: [Google]
Ravager of the Fells.png
681 KB, 864x628
>>27172437
>New werewolves are shit
Clearly
>>
File: ambush bug 01.jpg (57 KB, 800x386) Image search: [Google]
ambush bug 01.jpg
57 KB, 800x386
>>
Idea's dumb sorry

Maybe amping up the horror themed areas and pokemon in a region would be alright but an entire region based on horror would be a drag

Pokemon are best when they're diverse

Also
>I tried to put a good amount of creativity into each one
>giant tldr text dump and not a single image
Noone cares. We can all brainstorm pokemon, it's a popular pastime on this board. Literally a single piece of good fakemon art would garner you more love here than 200+ concepts.
>>
>>27173634
>an entire region based on horror would be a drag
Why?
>Pokemon are best when they're diverse
Did you bother to look at them?
>a single piece of good fakemon art would garner you more love here than 200+ concepts.
I'm a terrible artist. What am I supposed to do? Go to art school before having ideas ever again?
>>
>>27173634
Speaking of diversity, may I ask why are there so few Ghost types, despite your idea being centered around a horror theme?
Excluding legendaries, of course.
>>
File: Image_bloodborne-boss_08c.jpg (268 KB, 1472x828) Image search: [Google]
Image_bloodborne-boss_08c.jpg
268 KB, 1472x828
Why not add some Lovecraftian Horror into it?
>>
>>27171084
>not using "anyshit"vania

no thanks
>>
File: spring_heeled_jack9.jpg (44 KB, 479x640) Image search: [Google]
spring_heeled_jack9.jpg
44 KB, 479x640
>>27173837
Couldn't come up with many ideas for them. I almost added one that was the spirit of a dead kid but felt it was too macabre. Having a spirit of a hanged man was already pushing it.
>>27173854
Not on theme. And it would be pretty much impossible to translate to Pokemon. And I'm not an edgelord.
>>27173874
I have no idea what that means.
>>
File: 1435885389979.jpg (15 KB, 320x310) Image search: [Google]
1435885389979.jpg
15 KB, 320x310
>>27173903
>Lovecraft is only for edgelords
>>
>>27173928
Shoehorning Lovecraft into everything horror is for edgelords.
>>
File: tasmanian tiger.jpg (113 KB, 516x324) Image search: [Google]
tasmanian tiger.jpg
113 KB, 516x324
>>
File: gargoyle8.jpg (162 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
gargoyle8.jpg
162 KB, 1200x900
>>
>>27171084
Personally, I love this
Medival Region + Horror = GOTY
>>
File: Manananggal_trio.jpg (101 KB, 1600x1158) Image search: [Google]
Manananggal_trio.jpg
101 KB, 1600x1158
>>27177041
Thanks, bro.
>>
My ideas are probably dumb, but I'll add them nonetheless.

Alternate forms for
Poison/Fire Werewolf Legendary Trio
Poison/Psychic Vampire Legendary Trio
Poison/Rock Gargoyle Legendary Trio

The werewolf's alternate form resembles the Slavic Psoglav, a humanoid creature with horse legs, a dog's head and a single eye on the forehead.
The vampire shifts from a stereotypical Count Dracula form to a Nosferatu form.
The gargoyle shifts from the regular imp with wings look to one that looks like a fallen angel, alternatively it resembles a lion, which is another common gargoyle form, especially in Eastern Europe.
>>
File: chupa2.jpg (47 KB, 436x312) Image search: [Google]
chupa2.jpg
47 KB, 436x312
>>
File: Wendigo_flatFV.jpg (508 KB, 1545x1600) Image search: [Google]
Wendigo_flatFV.jpg
508 KB, 1545x1600
>>
File: VampireNighthawk_1280x1024.jpg (164 KB, 1280x923) Image search: [Google]
VampireNighthawk_1280x1024.jpg
164 KB, 1280x923
>>
File: Bearded Vulture.png (421 KB, 640x430) Image search: [Google]
Bearded Vulture.png
421 KB, 640x430
>>
File: Flemish Giant Rabbit.jpg (583 KB, 2036x1528) Image search: [Google]
Flemish Giant Rabbit.jpg
583 KB, 2036x1528
Look at the size of this fuckin rabbit
>>
>>27171084
Does pokemon really need an Innistrad? I don't think so, any more than it needs a Theros, Zendikar, or Kamigawa.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.