[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best and worst type combinations?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: Sableye.full.1009996.jpg (631 KB, 2000x1500) Image search: [Google]
Sableye.full.1009996.jpg
631 KB, 2000x1500
I'd say best:
1st-Ghost/Dark
2nd-Ghost/Normal
3rd-Dark/Ground

Based on inmmunities, resistances and importance of weaknesses (Ex: Ghost normal is worse because its weak to dark and dark has knock off, poison dark is weak to earthquake)

In the worst, I'm not quite sure, I'd say

1st-Ice/Steel
2nd-Grass/Ice
3rd-Grass/Bug

But what do YOU think? Just remember to consider not just resistances and weaknesses, but the importance of the type it is weak/resistant to
>>
Poison/Steel
Fire/steel
grass/steel
Fairy/Steel
Are all better than meme muh immunity typings.
>>
>>27170335
Well, I meant it too because of the weaknesses. All mentioned only have one 2x weakness.

>Poison/Steel
4xGround, 2x Fire

>Fire/Steel
4xGround, 2x Fighting, 2x water

>Grass/Steel
4xFire, 2xFighting

>Fairy/Steel
2xFire, 2x fighting

They're all good, and the last has 2 immunities, but the ones I mentioned have less weaknesses, and the weaknesses they DO have aren't as powerfull as the three main offensive types, fire fighting and ground
>>
Poison/Steel
>4x Resistance to Bug, Fairy, and Grass
>2x Resistance to Dragon, Flying, Ice, Normal, Rock, and Steel
>Immune to Poison
>2x Weak to Fire
>4x Weak to Ground

If Mega Weezing got this typing and kept Levitate, oh baby.
>>
>>27170404
Well, I wanted to look at it without abilities coming ino play, but it would be amazing indeed
>>
>>27170306
>Dark/poison hasn't been mentioned till now
It gets some resistances nerfed but it still seems like something annoying to fight against. With levitate it would have been pretty nice
>>
File: tumblr_mgv596S8Ao1r7c13zo1_500.gif (687 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mgv596S8Ao1r7c13zo1_500.gif
687 KB, 500x375
>>27170450
...I typed Dark/ and thought "the only thing weak to this is GROUND" I wan't to kill myself now
>>
Steel/Bug
Fighting/Dragon
Steel/Dragon
>>
>>27170519
Oh yeah lol, didn't pay attention to dark/ground beign an odd choice for best type combos
>>
Steel + any of Flying, Ghost, Water, Dragon and Fairy are the best defensive typings. They bring a ridiculous amount of resistances to the table and their weaknesses are pretty easy to cover with specific non-Steels.

Some of the best offensive combinations include Fighting/Ghost, Ground/Flying, Ground/Fairy, Fire/Dragon, Ice/Ground and Ice/Electric.
>>
>>27170642
I just realized ghost/fighting is perfect coverage, but defensively it's not exactly the best, being weak to 4 very common types
>>
Its been too many years and I'm still pissed off at Gyarados Water/Flying and Gengar's Ghost/Poison.
>>
>>27170703
>Ghost/Poison with levitate
>Only three weaknesses and hard counters 2 of them

>Water/Flying
>Only 2 weaknesses and hard counters one of them

Excuse me, but what? One is a flying sea snake dragon mythical thing, and the othe ris a gas ghost
>>
>>27170819
I never said it was a rational hate.
>>
So which is worse defensively: ice/rock or ice/steel?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.