[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nintendo and the Pokemon company have been given a second huge
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 8
File: 03242016-169.jpg (50 KB, 578x327) Image search: [Google]
03242016-169.jpg
50 KB, 578x327
Nintendo and the Pokemon company have been given a second huge boom to the franchise thanks to this game. They could make this even bigger than the 1995-2001 area for the franchise.

Sun and Moon needs to in some way incorporate this game to it. Whether that be transferring Pokemon, potions, money, revives or something over to it to increase sales exponentially to the main games and the 3DS.

The anime needs to be given a second life by getting a complete reboot. The team that was in charge of Origins a few years ago needs to make a long-running anime series from it. That needs to air on the most popular Network for cartoons in the West.

And finally, once again the original games need to be remade. Either on the 3DS or Nintendo's next handheld. Doesn't even need to be a remake it just needs to have the original 151 Pokemon.

Agree?
>>
No.
>>
>>27164955
Unfortunately all the little autistic kids on this board are going to jump down your throat and you will hear the phrase "normie" quite a few times. But, I agree with you. Especially about rebooting the anime.

I wouldn't even mind rebooting the series completely. Changing certain evolutionary lines, types, movesets etc. Fuck it. I get the same game every few years and while I do enjoy them. I wouldn't be opposed to them mixing it up on me.

They simply can't continue to add to the Pokemon pool forever, having literally thousands upon thousands of monsters. They will reboot eventually and this is the perfect opportunity.
>>
>>27164955
>The team that was in charge of Origins a few years ago needs to make a long-running anime series from it.
Origins was terrible.

The main anime would be just as good if you only had four episodes to tell an entire saga, too.
>>
>>27165035
You are what is wrong with Pokemon.
>>
Pokemon GO and Sun and Moon have already confirmed to have a connection.

The anime itself seems to have undergone a very big change over the XY and XY&Z seasons; Ash isn't retarded, a love story that is plausible, an Ash exclusive form (Ash-Greninja), better writing and better animation. They could even ditch Ash, though I don't think that will happen due to Pikachu and the fact that he is so iconic.

I do agree that I think the original games should be remade for the 3Ds, though with the Virtual Console releases of Red, Blue and Yellow, I'm doubtful it'll happen.

I think Nintendo are in a very good place right now, with a theme park that is estimated to surpass the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, a possible live-action Pokemon movie (though it'd have to be very good), and a huge boom in their stocks, Sun and Moon on the horizon, it is clear that Pokemon is guiding Nintendo down a very good path this year and to the future ahead :)
>>
>>27164955
i hope you die.
>>
>>27165059
Source of this supposed connection?
>>
>>27165059
>Pokemon GO and Sun and Moon have already confirmed to have a connection.

Why do people say things like this without any sources? It's not that I don't believe you, but the OP (and I) don't know that. Just tell us when/where that was stated so we can look it up.
>>
File: 1409017668347.gif (2 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1409017668347.gif
2 MB, 200x200
>>27164955
>the original games need to be remade
>mfw this will never stop being a possibility
>>
>>27164955
Origins past the first episode is complete crap though
>>
File: latest.jpe.jpg (24 KB, 500x340) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpe.jpg
24 KB, 500x340
>>27165032
If GF fixed this I would buy everything they put out forever three times over.
>>
>>27165144
They could even add a cocoon form for the middle Venonat stage.
>>
Trying to capitalize on Pokemon Go is like trying to capitalize on The Dress.
>>
The people who shit on Pokemon Go on this board are the pale skinny/fat losers who feel too uncomfortable to talk to the Chads handing around Gyms and Pokestops.
>>
>>27165059
>The anime itself seems to have undergone a very big change over the XY and XY&Z seasons; Ash isn't retarded, a love story that is plausible, an Ash exclusive form (Ash-Greninja), better writing and better animation. They could even ditch Ash, though I don't think that will happen due to Pikachu and the fact that he is so iconic.

It's not that I don't believe you on this. But with this second boom for the franchise and introducing a shit-ton of new people to the franchise they need a fresh new reboot for everyone to follow and not be lost. No one right now is going to pick up where the current anime is.

And it would pander to the old generation of people playing it again.
>>
You do realize that a sudden erratic rise in popularity also means a sudden erratic fall from popularity, right?

Pokemon GO will die very suddenly, the popularity will neutralize itself and only the old fanbase will remain
>>
>>27165211
Exactly this. They have millennials through gen X'ers in the palms of their hands with GO right now. If they don't do more to capitalize on it they are idiots.
>>
>>27165217
if they aren't super slow with adding new features and doing events, I don't see the game dying off anytime soon. it can always be easily and casually played due to being a mobile game
>>
>>27165217
Right, but that's why the will try to capitalize now
>>
>>27165239
Where in my post did I specify that it will happen in the near future?

I can't tell when it will happen, just that it will happen
>>
>>27165267
But their goal here isn't necessarily keeping trend hoppers as much as converting new people into fans who will play the new games, etc

Sure there will be a fall off eventually, but they're for sure trying to mitigate the size of the fall off so they can gain something out of this
>>
>>27164955
I long to wake up on Saturday mornings again to new Pokemon episodes.
>>
>>27165067
The edge is real.
>>
>>27164955
More like they ride this bubble of money and not waste it on another shit game and animes
>>
This thread raises some good ideas/points. The only thing is that a lot of this stuff would've had to be in the production line prior to the launch and would be too late if they started now. In saying that, I reckon GO is gonna hang around longer than people think considering is accessibility.

The things I'd do for an origins style tv show
>>
>>27165324
They can't realistically do that, normies latched on to this like hot cakes and they will throw it away like a bag of dog shit once they've had enough, adding new pokemon won't help.
>>
>>27165046
>>27165032
>>27164955
How to tell someone doesn't keep up with the current show. You have no actual reasons for a reboot, especially since the seasons undergo a soft reboot every generation.
>>
Anyone got that Mystic symbol on black phone bg?
>>
>>27165211
>>27165238
You just want to see more gen 1 pokemon again. The anime is fine as is and people can jump right in board once Alola starts.
>>
>>27165018
>>27165035
>>27165067
>>27165125
you guys are mentally damaged or simply retarded
>>
>ITT no u guiz my ideas are totally right and not biased Nintendo needs to listen to me since I am rite
>>
>>27165522
Nah we have something called opinions.
>>
You can play the game without Internet Connection all the time? I'm poor ;_;
>>
>>27165522
Great argument, fanboy.
>>
I think the thing that pisses most people off about the game and this idea of a "second rebirth to the franchise" is that it will still all revolve around this app. You'll be playing and buying everything to just ultimate use it for Go and ignore all the other better things that are happening with the series.
>>
>>27165494
Casuals will not care for these new Pokemon.
>>
>>27164955
>The anime needs to be given a second life by getting a complete reboot.
Hell no the XY Anime was decent and i prefer to have Ash as the MC forever.
>The team that was in charge of Origins a few years ago needs to make a long-running anime series from it
Origins was terrible. plain animation and stupid situations
>>
It greatly saddens me that they're wasting all of those animators and artists on the most cringeworthy aspect of the franchise at the moment.
>>
>>27165894
>and i prefer to have Ash as the MC forever.
Can you explain why?
>>
>>27165908
Nostalgia
>>
>>27164955
Fuck off with tat shit. I just want all Pokemon Games to go full Mobile. I'm tried of having to buy a Fisher Toy looking Machine to play Pokemon. Move the Mainline of Pokemon to Phones already
>>
What version is live on GO atm? 0.30?
>>
>>27165894
The people returning to the franchise and all the casuals being introduced to the franchise will not care for the current anime. Now that's not to say they wouldn't care for Ash being the main character and what not. But the original 151 need to return to pander to the GO era we are in.
>>
>>27165961
That would hurt Nintendo and the Pokemon company in the long run
>>
>>27165046
no, you literally are whats wrong with pokemon. Wanting nothing more then your nostalgia to be pandered to is terrible. You are not a true fan of pokemon if you only like the originals its basically the same as saying you're a huge fan of a certain band yet you know only their most famous song
>>
>>27164955
pokemon go is already confirmed to be compatible with sunmoon
>>
>>27166239
Source?
>>
>>27165522
Haha keep crying that nobody agrees with your shitty taste, faggot OP
>>
>>27164955
They'll never reboot the anime, that would remove muh nostalgia (ash)
>>
>>27165908
To be fair, whats the point of changing Ash? The new protag will be the same as Ash, same shit different paint
>>
>>27166207
>its basically the same as saying you're a huge fan of a certain band yet you know only their most famous song

More like you only listen to their debut album and not all the other albums they made
>>
File: image.png (242 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
242 KB, 640x1136
>>27166250
on my phone but check down where it says 18:46
>>
>>27164955
>changing so much about a franchise because of a meme phone app
Really now, there's still a few months until Sun/Moon, why not wait and see if Go stays afloat during that time?
Although I doubt appealing to normalfags in the west is a good idea, when sooner or later another fad is going to take over.
>>
>>27164955
>They could make this even bigger than the 1995-2001 area for the franchise.
t. 15 year old
>>
>>27166421
What? It peaked during then.
>>
>>27164955
It would go a long way for cross promotion if the first pokemon they added to PoGo were the pokemon they are going to add in Sun/Moon.
>>
>>27166239
Wasn't it compatible with Bank? And not specifically Sun/Moon?
>>
>>27165032
No. Fuck your reboot cancer. That would destroy 20 years of progress and design. And for what? So they can just reuse the original 151 again and just pretend the other 500+ never existed? Yeah, as if. Fuck off.
>>
>>27166810
Pokemon will never reach the levels of obsession it had back in the 90s again. That's partly because access to the internet means that trends now die out a lot quicker than they used to. Anyone who actually believes that Pokemania could reach a new peak simply wasn't alive back then.
>>
>>27164955
>transfer useless potions to Sun/Moon
>Reboot anime with "Origins" shit (implying Red isn't the ultimate Marty Stu or isn't a horrible protagonist)
>Remake Gen 1 AGAIN

Terrible bait to get people to call you a genwunner. Fuck off.
>>
>>27164955

Pokemon needs to do what Sonic Boom did and become an 11-minute cartoon. It should still retain some storytelling aspect, but be primarily a funny and cozy show that doesn't require commitment to follow. Like Yokai Watch, really. Or they can just finally make it like the Pokemon manga instead. I think kids today might actually prefer that over mindless Ash garbage with the occasional good girl partner episode, and the occasional legendary Pokemon arc.
>>
>>27166900
It is getting insane though. I was in downtown Atlanta last night, at Atlantic station, which for those who don't know, is kind of like the nice area with all the restaurants and apartments, that kind of area, and literally everybody was playing GO. It was fucking surreal. Saw at least 3 people that had to be older than 60 playing. But I do wonder how long this will last? Mobile trends move faster than fucking light waves, and normies are an exceedingly fickle group of sheep, blindly following social media trends.
>>
>>27167079
>Sonic Boom
Instantly not good idea.
>>
>>27165569
HOLY SHIT THIS

Everyone thinks that its only grumpy old fags that don't care for GO because its childish.

The software sucks, and the culture its being forced upon will never go beyond their mobile apps enough to give a damn

only way tendo could capitalize off GO would be to release Sun and Moon on mobile, however that would nuke all hopes of the NX selling

Unless they scrap the hardware and go full mobile appware, they'd be shooting themselves in the foot
>>
The games and anime will not be what brings this back to pokemania levels. TPCi needs to go hard with external toys and other licensed products. That's what made pokemania a thing. You had pokemon plastered on literally every other item/toy in the supermarket.

But now? Go to a local toys r us and look at the toy section. There's no longer a dedicated few feet for pokemon merchandise. That's what they need to get back if they want this to happen.
Even shit like angry birds and minions ended up getting a whole aisle full of merchandise at their peak, pokemon needs to take back what it had and keep it.
And I want to see pokemon spaghetti O's and things of that nature again.
>>
>>27166894
>pokemon anime
>progress
Tell me about all the progress that Ash has made
>>
>>27166024
not if they anticipate making the switch to AR, in which case, the mobile industry has already taken great strides
>>
>>27167208
What on earth made you think I was talking about the anime? Are you fucking thick, or just autistic? I was clearly talking about the games, and so was the person I was responding too.
>>
>>27166983
Despite weather these are actually good or not doesn't matter. To pander to this GO audience and this situation we find the franchise in. These things would make Nintendo the most money.

This massive flowing of Pokemon right now won't migrate over to current games and anime
>>
File: large[1].jpg (54 KB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
large[1].jpg
54 KB, 1200x600
>>27167173
I'm sure it won't take long until they'll start making merchandise.
>>
>>27167210
Why do people keep trying to justify shit like VR or AR for games, especially fucking Nintendo ones? The technology isn't there to make them not shit, and you shouldn't WANT pokemon to become mobile garbage.
>>
>>27166983
You can easily spot the no friend edge lords
>>
>>27165758
Yes, that's why there the games are selling like hotcakes. Fool.
>>
>>27166894
B-but da pandering...
>>
>>27167300
>Fuck your reboot cancer
And he was talking about rebooting the anime so one would assume you're refering to this as well.
>>
File: CcQL4yMUcAAy5F5.jpg (80 KB, 600x427) Image search: [Google]
CcQL4yMUcAAy5F5.jpg
80 KB, 600x427
you think more people will find dead bodies looking for pokemon?
>>
Do none of you seriously realize that the Ash/Serena subplot is setting up for a series reboot with Ash's child?
>>
>>27167613
He was literally talking about movepools, typings, and evolutionary lines. The first two are far more integral to the games than the shows.
>>
>>27167315
Nintendo fundamentally changing one of its most popular IP's because of an app that has been successful for a week would be the most retarded thing they've ever done. Even if GO kept up with this kind of popularity for the rest of the year, they would be changing everything about a successful money maker on very little evidence that the people playing GO would migrate to the retarded reboots. People playing GO are playing it because it's nostalgic, it's easy, and it's accessible. That has a lot more to do with its success than normies suddenly loving Pokemon again, I guarantee 75% would not go over to new games, even if they were tailor made for them.
>>
>>27167729
oh shit
>>
>>27167756
It's absurd though, because I know plenty of people that have dropped massive amounts of cash on GO though, amounts that would easily buy them a 3DS, pokemon XY/ORAS and other good 3DS games. It's ridiculous.
>>
>>27165079
>>27165094
I've heard it before, maybe in the E3 treehouse.
>>
>>27165046

No he's right. Origins was bad. That fight against Giovanni was just fucking bad. It was only a commercial for Charizard's mega evolution if you watched through it anyway. They could have done without mega evolution and given the other Pokemon better spotlight. The animation is also rather subpar compared to even XY right now, and XY runs weekly.
>>
>>27167784
I just think at the end of the day Pokemon is still being designed for children. Look at the latest Pokemon ad from Japan, it's centered around Japanese kids having fun, collecting bugs, playing Pokemon together outside, etc. Pokemon GO is a one-off that is designed to make money from people that grew up with the games. Moving the focus from new Pokemon for a new generation to continually re-hashing the same thing for nostalgia wouldn't make sense. Kids love Pokemon and they'll always buy it. 30 year olds are going to be harder to nail down, there's more risk in trying to re-design the franchise to pull them back in. I think GO's success just has to do with the fact it combines something novel (AR, GPS) with something nostalgic, ask 99% of the people out on college campuses if they'd play Sun/Moon and you might get a "yeah maybe", but I just don't think they're interested in devoting time and money to the main series games anymore. That's the impression I've gotten from people, anyway.
>>
>remaking games that already have remakes AND ports for the virtual console

So OP, are you actually retarded?
>>
>>27167784
>amounts that would easily buy them a 3DS, pokemon XY/ORAS and other good 3DS games. It's ridiculous.
In more than 5 years i've never seen anyone playing with a 3DS not even kids. Nowadays even babies use Tablets. Handhelds will soon die
>>
>>27168213
Then you don't look close enough.
>>
>>27168213
You must be blind then
>>
File: 1468446287552.jpg (24 KB, 350x225) Image search: [Google]
1468446287552.jpg
24 KB, 350x225
>tie phone to fan so i can hatch eggs instead of doing the 10km
>works for 5
>phone flys off fan into wall
>digitizer broke
haha
>>
>>27164955
If they make SM like GO I will cry.
>>
File: wow.png (221 KB, 540x503) Image search: [Google]
wow.png
221 KB, 540x503
>>27168434
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.