[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
my idea for a Canada based region
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4
File: Wendigo1.jpg (55 KB, 500x665) Image search: [Google]
Wendigo1.jpg
55 KB, 500x665
So earlier someone mentioned they need more cold regions and would like to see Russia. I agree that Russia would be awesome but I think Canada has some potential too if they creative.

Character starts exploring out east where there's islands and the opening of the St. Lawrence Seaway.

Learns that there's 2-3 different teams struggling for dominance of the region.

Gets further into the mainland and there's a massive water barrier to the south and a giant forest to the north.

Season-based weather and pokemon, obviously. Maybe migrations are more important than in previous gens.

Story is that the region was long ago connected with a series of grand hotels along a railroad (ghost types). Now it's been together for a while and the people are highly connected by advanced technology, but some feel threatened by external forces (globalization) and internal conflict as the region is approaching a new century and opening up to the world.

Maybe one team wants to separate the provinces and the other wants to keep the federation together, but both factions have ulterior motives and think their strategy would allow them to exploit the most pokemon by seizing control of key resources.

Another is a group of environmentalists who want to "protect" pokemon by blocking the routes and shutting down gyms.

A moose pokemon, and an very creepy dark type based on the Wendigo.

Maybe there's a little side story going on with meteors, caves, and spooky stuff in the forests. Fairy type pokemon that are sort of like aliens mysteriously observing human activity in the region. Some government scientists are attempting to research them.

A couple large cities home to the two main teams.

A town on the southern end with massive waterfalls that generate electricity. Maybe some ball lightning pokemon due to atmospheric activity.
>>
File: 91bca03a-a1b2-11e5_1027850c.jpg (25 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
91bca03a-a1b2-11e5_1027850c.jpg
25 KB, 620x413
>>27150133
Move further west and it's grasslands with fire types.

Alberta Badlands is a desert-like area with a research facility, and fossils for dinosaur pokemon.

At some point you can take a sea cruise up north to the super icy area.
Aurora Borealis and Inukshuk based pokemon.

Further west you reach BC, the most diverse region and the home of the environmentalists, and there's stuff like:
sasquatch
kermode / spirit bear
totem polls
volcanoes,
a chains of islands with whales, dolphins, dragon types, etc.

They just have to focus a little bit more on striking the right balance between science fiction and fantasy since it's the new world, but I think it's doable.
>>
Champion is le weed man
After you defeat him hesays "If you defeat your opponents, they win"
>>
>>27150219
And if the gym leaders win they apologize and give you a badge anyway.

But srsly I think it has lots of potential. Wolves, bears, whales, the Native American thunderbird. Ravens...
>>
Complete shit idea. Normally people have good ideas but this time I'm happy people like you don't work for GF.
>>
File: 1442357165984.jpg (49 KB, 562x562) Image search: [Google]
1442357165984.jpg
49 KB, 562x562
>>27150348
Where would you like to see the next region, anon? And what are your ideas for it?

I also like the idea of Russia.
>>
File: 1468385870568.png (10 KB, 100x110) Image search: [Google]
1468385870568.png
10 KB, 100x110
You have to side with a faction
>>
>>27150456
And no matter who you side with, the region loses.

Choose the environmentalists and the price of pokemart items goes up.

Choose the separatists and you have to pay duty on each pokemon caught & transferred to the professor.

Choose the federalists and...?
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.