[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: DENNIS.png (69 KB, 228x362) Image search: [Google]
DENNIS.png
69 KB, 228x362
What went wrong?
>>
Ghetsis planned everything in BW1 perfectly for a long time

A VERY long time

He had to make sure that N was raised the way he wanted to

He needed to make sure that everything he planned worked the way he wanted it to

and it did

Only for it to be fucked over by a 10 year old

He went insane

and broke

He essentially just became a flat out terrorist that almost killed you
>>
>>27095159
Honestly, when I played through BW I don't remember much about him. Maybe I skimmed through it all or something, but I didn't find him being all too memorable
>>
Most of his schemes were good. What he screwed up was neglecting quality of his army's Pokemon, and eventually also his own in BW2. Not necessarily all the love bullshit, just making sure they can actually fight on even terms with competent trainers, something a paramilitary group would need to eventually do. They have too little variety in Pokemon and types, allowing a few good Fighting types to waltz over majority of his forces, which is probably how player characters managed to beat them both times simply by befriending Muskedeer trio.

TL;DR even someone who sees Pokemon as tools/weapons should know that good tools/weapons are necessary to get the job done.
>>
>>27095159
Nothing. Ghetsis is the best-written Pokemon villain.
>>
>>27095159
>>27095159
N grew up to be a little bitch.
>>
>>27095159
Had a pretty solid team in BW, but was weaker in B2W2
>>
>>27095159
Those meddling kids is what went wrong. If i see those buns another time....
>>
File: 1466711898404.jpg (285 KB, 573x600) Image search: [Google]
1466711898404.jpg
285 KB, 573x600
>>27096956
Who could stay mad at this?
>>
His name wasn't Dennis.
>>
>>27095159
Basing a plan around a dragon that can easily beaten before it can even get an attack off
>>
>>27095159
The only thing Ghestis was missing was a decent reason for wanting to take over the world. After the originality and nuance of his plan, it was annoying that he just wanted to take over the world for the sake of it.
>>
File: 1415480387238.jpg (46 KB, 498x497) Image search: [Google]
1415480387238.jpg
46 KB, 498x497
>>27095159
>DENNIS
Oh man, its been a while since I last heard that one.
>>
>>27098241

some people just want to rule the world.
>>
>>27098241
Well he sought those means to ruling the world via Pokémon albeit subtlely, so the way he did it speaks more than his ulterior motive

If you lived in a world revolvong entirely around magical creatures capable of many extreme things you'd start cooking up some schemes wouldn't you? Given how passive and gullible the world in question is. And what better scheme than to just flat out take over the world? This isn't some pussy mob shit dealing shady businesses on the side or eco-terrorists fighting each other like children
>>
No real characterization. Very shallow and one-dimensional.
>>
>>27098588
Everybody
>>
>>27099148
Not every villain needs to be complex. To date Ghetsis is probably the most evil Poke villain in the mainline games, possibly the entire franchise.
>>
>>27100472
>what is Darkrai, Cipher or Purple Eyes
>>
>>27100489
> Purple Eyes
Man, I remember that game. I still have it, it was fuckin l i t. I might replay it soon.
>>
File: 1464056524711.gif (1 MB, 320x232) Image search: [Google]
1464056524711.gif
1 MB, 320x232
Nothing desu.

Dude came close to his goal
loses to a child at the last second
goes slightly nuts in 2 years
almost succeeds in his plans again
loses to another child
has a hilarious mental breakdown
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.