[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For years after generation 1 ended Pokemon started becoming more
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7
File: 1468200625108.jpg (82 KB, 960x708) Image search: [Google]
1468200625108.jpg
82 KB, 960x708
For years after generation 1 ended Pokemon started becoming more and more niche, culminating in Gen 6 when the only people playing were little kids and longtime fans, and the people who played it in their youth stopped caring about it long ago. Now that GO is out all of these nostalgiafags have flocked back in droves publicly exclaiming their love for Pokemon. Where were they these past gens? Where were they when nintendo showed off Sun and Moon at E3? Were they ever victims of bullying for getting caught playing Pokemon in their pre-teen/adolescent years? Do any of them even know any of the Pokemon theme songs past the first one? Do they even realize that the catchphrase "Gotta Catch 'Em All" was retired years ago? I fucking hate that all these normies have decided Pokemon is cool again after years of shunning and ignoring it. thoughts?
>>
On this site the normies and Go-fags will fuck right off after they see tails poster for the first time.

More will fuck off in the real world when summer is over.

More will fuck off when SM come out and these genwunner fags that play Go will realize SM aren't about gen 1 pokémon.
>>
>>27091429
Lmao gr8 blog m8.
>>
>where were they these past few gens
M8 i love pokemon, but it's the same shit every gen. For once, good or bad, it's something different. They didn't miss shit.you could go 20 years without pokemon, only thing youd of missed is ivs and evs. that's why everyone is coming back. Don't be bitter people got bored of a game that refused to change, for good or bad.
Also what kind of faggot gets mad other people enjoy their hobby?
Not to mention i have never been bugged for playing pokemon in my life. Maybe the problem isn't normies hating pokemon, but in fact you being some sort of faggot like the op suggests.
>>
File: 1467570138503.jpg (100 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
1467570138503.jpg
100 KB, 500x750
>>27091429
Oooh, nice cosplay. Here's more.
>>
File: 54b313b2d3142.jpg (27 KB, 355x195) Image search: [Google]
54b313b2d3142.jpg
27 KB, 355x195
>>27091429
>KLK
>>
>>27091429
Can someone shop their faces off?
Don't give a shit about meme le meme but this would be 10 times better without the awful faces that comes with 3D.
>>
>>27091429
Gen 4 saw some nostalgiafags return but I think most stayed with the series. Normies and genwunners will leave as soon as Go's popularity dies down and GF starts promoting gen 7,
>>
File: image.jpg (138 KB, 960x708) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
138 KB, 960x708
>>27091504
Fix'd
>>
File: image.jpg (98 KB, 960x509) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98 KB, 960x509
>>27091549
Better yet.
>>
>>27091429

I would Mako... HARD!
>>
No, its been zigzaggy.

Gen1: PEAK POPULARITY
Gen2: small decline
Gen3: large decline
Gen4: small decline
Gen5: large increase
Gen6: small increase
Gen7: who fuckken knows
>>
>>27091429
First of all, jesus christ, how no_fun_allowed can you possibly be? Does any of that matter, at all? Does everyone playing it have to meet your level of ultra shitnerd to be able to enjoy it? The game barely plays like Pokemon at all and only includes gen 1 Pokemon anyway, so why do you care?

Second of all,
>Do they even realize that the catchphrase "Gotta Catch 'Em All" was retired years ago?

This phrase was brought out of retirement for gen 6. Fucking normie.
>>
>>27091598
>gen 5
>large increase
wat
>>
>>27091615
gen5 was huge in north america at least, i don't get this revisionist "everyone hated gen 5" meme on /vp/
>>
>>27091494
>youd of
>>
>14 million sell
>Niche
Ok.......
>>
File: image.gif (459 KB, 508x270) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
459 KB, 508x270
>>27091503
>Dragon Ball
>>
>>27091494
>but it's the same shit every gen
I love this /v/ meme.
Stop pretending you play Pokémon.
>>
>>27091598
Actually gen 4 increase was good.
Gen 5 fuck it.
You know that reboot shit.
>>
I remember my senior year of high school when Black/White came out there was a weird resurgence of Pokemon interest. I really have no idea why. It might be because that Black Man Loves Pokemon video became viral, but I just remember it became cool to like Pokemon at my school.
>>
Oh boy
All this butthurt is delicious
Keem em coming
>>
I'm mostly bothered by how simplified the gameplay is.

I went outside and caught a fucking Machamp on my street, first try. I shouldn't be able to do that.
>>
>/vp/ thinks pokemon is a niche game
Yeah man pokemon is the most niche jrpg out there. Im surpised it ever get's localized. No one has ever heard of it when I ask either. Is it made by D3?
Who localized last gen xseed or NISA?

fuck this casual/normie shitfest that is /vp/. How can one board be so Horribly lacking in self awareness that they think everyone else are the "casuals" /v/ /vg/ are just to casual to a board dedicated to a niche game like pokemon, that normies in no way play.

You win OP im moving my ass over to /vg/
>>
>>27092477
Wow. Gib me
>>
File: 1465865101655.jpg (118 KB, 584x622) Image search: [Google]
1465865101655.jpg
118 KB, 584x622
>>27091678
>Zelda
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.