[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was he right? https://wakeandgame.com/pokemon-go- fk-welcom
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8
File: oie_8LuhfA5TPHLn.jpg (51 KB, 460x296) Image search: [Google]
oie_8LuhfA5TPHLn.jpg
51 KB, 460x296
Was he right?

https://wakeandgame.com/pokemon-go-fk-welcome-microtransaction-hell/
>>
>>27040719
>There’s almost no tutorial to speak of.
Git gud

>This is microtransaction HELL.
Git gud and take over some gyms

>All the PokeStops near you are probably churches
*tips fedora*

>You have to travel literal miles to see anything, sometimes, and you can’t close it or let your phone go to sleep
First part: Start walking, fatass
Second part: Ok this is less than optimal, but you don't stare at it all the time, just hold it in your hand and wait for it to vibrate

>The game just isn’t that fun.
Cool opinion bro

>It’s so broken, you can barely play it, anyway.
Use Google
>>
>This is microtransaction HELL.
No it isn't. You want microtransaction hell? Go play Uno from the app store.

>The only way you can gain a moderately decent amount of Pokeballs in-game without spending money is by leveling up, and the only way to level up is by capturing more Pokemon by… using your Pokeball
Retard doesn't know what PokeStops are, clearly.

>All the PokeStops near you are probably churches
Butthurt atheist, typical.

>Even living in the Bible Belt, it’s a serious hassle to travel all the way to any church, even the ones near me, just for 3 items. I guess Niantic forgot that about 30% of the US population, alone, lives in what the Census Bureau considers rural areas
cry more

>You have to travel literal miles to see anything
Yeah, if you live in bumfuck nowhere, but then again, what is there to do bumfuck nowhere? nothing. So why is he surprised?

>It’s so broken, you can barely play it, anyway.
I agree.
>>
Unfortunately, he's correct on all points.
>>
>microtransactions
>can't purchase pokemon or candy or dust
>pokestops shit out free items every 5 minutes

Of all the things to complain about, you pick the one thing that it does right??
>>
File: Screenshot_20160708-161021.png (1 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160708-161021.png
1 MB, 1440x2560
>>27040879
>use Google

Also, gitgud is no excuse for not explaining key mechanics of your game. I've yet to see a gym.
>>
>>27040946
This, seriously, I haven't had to buy shit yet because I have enough pokestops within biking distance to keep me supplied with pokeballs.
>>
>>27040987
>not explaining key mechanics of your game

The tips at the beginning literally say everything you need to know. If you haven't seen a gym yet, why would you receive the tip regarding the gym?
>>
>>27040719
>I don't know how gyms or Pokestops work

>Seriously, I’ve already almost had 2 wrecks, myself, and Pokemon Go has barely been out a day. It’s only a matter of time, before someone gets killed, and this application is to blame
>I drive like shit, but I'm going to blame my phone

Fuck off.
>>
>>27041021
>doesn't explain the green circle, which is important
>doesn't explain how to throw a ball unless you wait for a bit, ensuring you tap instead of swiping, and waste a few balls
>doesn't explain how to get more candy
>doesn't explain transferring
>>
>>27041021
It's possible to figure out most of the mechanics of the game, but there's still a couple things I wish the game touched on in more depth.

Like how the fuck does the Nearby radar work? I can't tell whether I'm getting closer or farther away from a Pokemon, and the steps don't change often enough to give you a good sense of if you're getting warmer or colder. I had a Staryu on my Nearby at 3 steps when I was across town, drove all the way home (about 2 miles) while keeping an eye on the radar, and when I got back it was STILL at 3 steps. People thought that it flashes yellow when you're getting closer, but that was proven to be false.

Next, tons of people seem to think that the little puffs of leaves you see on the map are where wild Pokemon are. That doesn't really seem to be the case for me, they just pop up randomly. That being said, I WOULD like to know whether or not the areas you're in affects your encounter rate. Like am I gonna see more Pokemon while I'm out in the forest than I would if I were in the city?

You're also not told much about how to battle in gyms. The most you're told is "Swipe left and right to dodge!" It doesn't even really tell you how to use your special moves.
>>
>>27040937
You're just as much of a retard as he is.
>>
just had the same thing happen with a clefairy that happened to the guy in the article with scyther

>Gofags will defend this
>>
>>27041004
>don't live where you live

>>27040890
Did you even read the article?
>>
>>27041733
Considering it was directly quoted serveral times,
Id say yeah
>>
>>27042045
Considering all those points were addressed, I'd say not very thoroughly
>>
File: CmpZAf0UMAA9yTO.jpg (12 KB, 443x131) Image search: [Google]
CmpZAf0UMAA9yTO.jpg
12 KB, 443x131
>>27040946
>>27041004
>>27041027
Not everywhere is America, you know...
>>
>>27042294
>>27042294
>live in shitty country
>WHY IS MY COUNTRY NOT AS GOOD AS YOURS? FUCK THIS GAME
Lmao don't play it then, Muhammed.
>>
>>27042382
>being born in X country/ territory is your fault
You think I want to live where I live?
>>
>>27040879
You can turn on power saver. It darkens the screen when the phone is orientated upside down. Sound and notifications still work.
>>
>>27042382
>game is poorly made/ broken, particularly in certain areas
>don't play it, then, kid! It's not the developers fault their game a shit. Nothing personell :^)
>>
>>27042746
What do you want them to do? Defeat ISIS and kick then out? It's literally not the devs fault that you live in a shithole/warzone/flyover land.
>>
I live an hour from NYC. There aren't any pokestops within 35 minutes of walking. I really hope they open up requests soon.
>>
>>27040719
At least it's not another ign article pandering to developers
>>
>>27040719
After reading the whole article, the only thing I can find that's incorrect is
>You can’t battle wild Pokemon to weaken, or apply status effects to them, to make capturing easier

Apparently, you eventually get berries and great/ ultra balls to make catching easier, but yeah. I can't defend this shit. He's absolutely right.

>I think the worst part is that I almost feel obligated to keep playing. There’s this nagging feeling that, if I keep on trying, I’ll eventually end up having fun. Perhaps it’s because I just want it to be good so badly, I haven’t quite accepted the disappointment, yet.

Oh, God... is he ever right...
>>
A lot of people are saying that pokestops are churches or not near by, while mine is the neighborhood clock monument thing and is only a couple minutes away by foot
>>
>bought $10 worth of incense because it was late at night and I wanted to fast track to Level 5
>haven't had to buy shit since
>taking over gyms and surrounded by free item-shitting Pokestops

It's pretty fun if you don't live in garbageville. Move to a city.
>>
>>27046127
Pokestops near me are
>churches
>benches
>signs
>parks
>arches
>a meat store
>murals
>historic buildings
>urns
>sculptures
>fountains

The benefit is not living in an area devoid of culture. Tomorrow I'll be going to a historic district with two gyms and maybe 30 pokestops.
>>
>>27046158
>>27046129
>Just move somewhere else if you want to have fun with this mobile game, fag.

or, you know... make a game with better and more accessible mechanics.
>>
>>27040719
This guy is a fucking retard. I stoppes reading at the church bit because
>you live in the fucking bible belt
>EVERYTHING is a goddamned church there, why should pokestops be any exception?

I can literally hit pokestops from across the street. I can walk five minutes and hit four stops. The main thrust should have been "if you live in a rural area, don't bother" not "pokemon go is fucking awful. Just because this asshole decided to live in the asshole of america doesnt mean the game sucks, it means his choice of locale sucks.
Fuck that guy.
>>
>>27046265
You dont HAVE to play it, nor are you guaranteed the ability to. Join the first world, shitbrick.
>>
File: trapcard.jpg (12 KB, 190x265) Image search: [Google]
trapcard.jpg
12 KB, 190x265
>>27046663
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-10-02-34-45.png (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-10-02-34-45.png
1 MB, 2560x1440
>>27046710
>trapcard.jpg
Nice try, Yugi
>>
>>27046689
>>27046663
>>27046158
>>27046129
>>27046127
>>27042382

Literally the only argument anyone seems to have against this entire article appears to be
>move somewhere else

OK. I'll get right on that, kiddo.
>>
Why do people refuse to understand how a game like this works?
If it's not your thing, just go play something else.
>>
File: h8rt8r.png (69 KB, 1265x396) Image search: [Google]
h8rt8r.png
69 KB, 1265x396
>>27046805
>tfw look at comments
that cheeky son of a...
>>
>>27042746
If the game is shit, then why do you want to play it in the first place?
>>
>>27046838
>being passive agressive with his own readers
Off to a great start.
>>
>>27040719
Here let me fix Pokemon Go
>Pokemon can no longer spawn within 500m of a Pokestop
Done
>>
>>27046879
Readers are readers, senpai. Shit like this always draws crowds
>>
>>27046838
That's one of the more ballzy "come at me bro"'s I've seen recently kek
>>
>>27046663
Where do you live? I'm wondering if people in midsized cities are having this problem or only people in barely populated shitholes.

I live in Chicago so this game is great, nice pokestop only a minutes walk from my house. Funny enough the "monument" its geotagged to doesn't even exist.
>>
>>27047255
Not him, but I live in a town with a population of about 30,000,according to Google, and while pokestops exist, here, they're a hassle to travel to. Especially living in a house, rather than an apartment in town.

Also, I've only found one gym. A watertower, oddly.
>>
>>27047442
Damn any chance you could let me know what level you are and what pokemon/cps you have? Also how much time you've put into the game?

I almost feel like I'm cheating I can just leave my phone on with it and pokemon will occasionally appear. I just caught a 142 Horsea without anything on, even I did have to leave my house for a second. Usually it's just shit but it helps so I can level up.

I have two gyms that are super close by.

>tfw I have a Pokemon defending Golden Nugget.

I'm just curious about the spread on this on what it's like for people who live in Big cities vs. mid sized cities vs small towns
>>
>>27047588
I occasionally can see pokes while standing still, but you still have to do some serious walking sometimes. The Pokemon I'm finding aren't the problem. I have a 178CP Pinsir, 130 Kingler, 165 Eevee, etc. The problem is that I will run out of Pokeballs again, soon, and the closest Pokestop is >2 miles away, with about 1 mile between it and the next one, and >5 miles until the next. It's not even that small a town, compared to some places around here.
>>
>>27047689
go to a restaurant or a coffee shop thats a pokestop.

Have dinner/a coffee.

Profit

Pokestops refresh every 5 minutes.

I got 100 pokeballs during dinner at an outside cafe because it was between 2 stops.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160708-224217.png (1 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160708-224217.png
1 MB, 1440x2560
>>27047730
There are no stops here that aren't churches, though. Well... There's a tire place, for some reason.

Aaaaaand, I'm out of pokeballs...
>>
File: Screenshot_20160708-231648.png (737 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160708-231648.png
737 KB, 1440x2560
>>27048136
Well... I went and did it... I spent $10 on this piece of shit mobile game.

I'm now officially the lowest of the low.

I feel so... Used...
>>
>>27047442
Water tower gym sounds badass, but only if the Gym Leader is a water trainer
>>
>>27049380
Kek, nah, just some guy with a medium level Scyther. He'll be gone tomorrow.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.