[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Giritina the pokemon devil?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 1458048087.g_c06_qiladina.jpg (134 KB, 905x1280) Image search: [Google]
1458048087.g_c06_qiladina.jpg
134 KB, 905x1280
Is Giritina the pokemon devil?
>>
>>26974579
No, are you dumb?
>>
Hail space snake satan
>>
>>26974579

No but I think it was supposed be the deity of the Spirit World (the God of Death) before Platinum retconned it into a personfication of antimatter

- Turnback Cave being filled with Ghost-types
- Giratina's Pokdex entry in DP: "A Pokémon that is said to live in a world on the reverse side of ours. It appears in an ancient cemetery."
- The text in the room where Giratina is found reads: This is... That where life sparkles... That where life has faded... A place where two worlds overlap...
- One of the items you can find in Giratina's Room is a Reaper Cloth, which is called the Spirit World Cloth in Japanese, implying that it's from the Spirit World (the place where Dusknoir take lost spirits; Dusknoir are basically the Reapers of the Pokemon world)
>>
Yes. That's why Arceus revoked his status as a dragon general and cast him into the negative world.
>>
>>26974579

>Renegade
>Banished for violence

Pretty much, except Giratina isn't evil.

Out of the dragon trio, Giratina is basically the estranged sibling that nobody talks about.
>>
>>26974579
Nah. He's more like Melkor.

(Lucifer-esque character in The Lord of The Rings, and the true Big Bad. Sauron was just one of his henchmen.)
>>
>>26974579
You can see it like that but it's more than likely not considering the others in the Creation Trio and Arceus are more than likely based around the Shinto creation myth.

Plus even if Giratina were the Pokemon version of Satan then you know that it was never originally evil. Lucifer was originally one of the most beautiful angels in heaven and was incredibly loyal to God, the only reason he was cast down to Hell was because he didn't want to kneel down to humanity like God wanted him to. For a single bit of disobedience he is now considered the most evil being in existence.
>>
>>26974781
It literally is though.
>>
>>26974579
>Used to be one of God's deities, or angels
>Turned against God and was banished from his dimension, or heaven
>Extremely aggressive and violent
>Became ruler of his own dark, twisted underworld
Yup, pretty much Satan right there.
>>
>>26974579
I don't think Giratina is supposed to BE the Devil, but I think they realized the parallels and put the six legs/six wings there on purpose.
>>
>>26974906
>Banished for violence
>isn't evil
Choose one
>>
>>26975134
Violence in itself isn't evil. Unless it's used for evil purpose.
>>
>>26974579
No, it's just loosely inspired by it.
>>
>>26975134

Giratina stopped Cyrus from destroying the world in Platinum
>>
>>26975399
It only did it because its own dimension would have been destroyed too though.
>>
File: Dibujo.jpg (87 KB, 636x795) Image search: [Google]
Dibujo.jpg
87 KB, 636x795
Nope
>>
>>26974823
Yeah, Giratina was definitely being set up to be the great afterlife Pokemon. I guess they changed it to antimatter because it would fit with the time space theme.

Plus, Cynthia even remarks in Platinum about Turnback Cave allegedly being a gateway to the great beyond.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.