[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Discuss
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 13
File: M1mFExc[1].png (799 KB, 880x696) Image search: [Google]
M1mFExc[1].png
799 KB, 880x696
"In 2013, Junichi Masuda revealed he thought the mechanics of the Azure Flute were too confusing, leading him to never distribute it."
>>
>>26959488
he didn't knew...
>>
>receive item
>girl talks about Shaymin
>route has flowers
>other things
logical

>receive item, it's a key
>captain says that son is sick from nightmares
>mysterious locked house
>boat
logical

>receive item, it's a flute
>go into this random place at this random spot and use the item
>????
>>
An idiot with lucky to be within a millionaire franchise. Why are you surprised?
>>
>>26959488
When does he leave Pokémon?
>>
>>26959859
>>go into this random place at this random spot and use the item

>Stand on the square with the flute
>Get prompted to use flute
>Use flute
>Confusing
>>
Too confusing? WHAT IS SO CONFUSING ABOUT PLAYING A FLUTE INNTHE MIDDLE OF SOME MOUNTAIN???
>>
File: 1467033814502.jpg (22 KB, 431x350) Image search: [Google]
1467033814502.jpg
22 KB, 431x350
>>26959488
>mfw they fix it in the remakes and make Arceus avaliable in-game
>>
>>26959488
Will he release AZ's Floette?
>>
File: 1466905137034.jpg (70 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1466905137034.jpg
70 KB, 640x480
>Azure Flute mechanics were too confusing
And the regis weren't?
>>
File: gliscorda.png (29 KB, 336x418) Image search: [Google]
gliscorda.png
29 KB, 336x418
>>26959488
This guy must think the worst of humanity if he thinks people are that stupid.
>>
>>26961617
pretty sure he didn't work on rse
>>
>>26959488
>Masuda is the king of /vp/
>/vp/ is full of idiots
>Masuda is an idiot
Makes sense.
>>
>>26959488
So what all major decisions/design choices/etc has he made? I'm wondering what ratio of masuda blaming is vp memes vs reality.
>>
>>26961654
Wasn't RSE his first Pokemon games as director?
>>
>>26961674
Masuda worked on

>RS
>DP
>Platinum
>BW1
>XY
>>
>>26959488
This guy NEVER heard about Mew-Ditto Teory before 2014.
He is not worthy.
>>
>>26961654

R/S was when the directors chair for gen starting games switched from Tajiri to Masuda.
>>
>>26961901
but vp makes it sound like there are specific bad design choices you can track back to him personally. are there?
>>
>>26962009
Well he's flat-out admitted he deliberately made XY piss-easy because he doesn't think the mobile generation has the attention span for a difficult game.

Even though Ohmori was the official director for ORAS, Masuda seemed to act as a supervisor, and there was an interview where he basically said the Frontier isn't in because the mobile generation wouldn't appreciate it.

He's a man who thinks lowly of children and designs his games for the lowest common denominator, and he really doesn't seem to give the tiniest shit about the older demographic.

You could also argue he's the reason for the two-steps-forward-two-steps-back method of making Pokémon games, where he deliberately cuts popular features to "make each game special" as his excuse. GSC didn't cut anything from RBY except the Kanto locations that didn't get in due to time constraints, the trend didn't start until RSE.
>>
>>26961663
>tfw I proclaimed him as the king
>everybody else follow
>he owns me his title
>>
>>26959488
Everyone that Isn't Japanese are stupid.
>>
>>26962078
Times like this makes me wonder what the japs think about Masuda's bullshit
>>
>>26962078
man what a dick
>>
>>26962260
Well I hear they hated ORAS (which Masuda seemed to supervise), I don't know about XY though.
>>
>>26962260
There has been a 24 hour permanently active zinnia hate thread on 2ch since oras came out. They're not fans of gen 6
>>
>>26962291
>24 hour permanently active zinnia hate thread
>since oras came out

Damn, they hate her that much?
>>
>>26962355
I don't speak moonrunes but I seem to have found a thread about her.

http://tamae.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/poke/1465824336/l50

I can't understand a thing through Google translate, but if any anons who speak moon can confirm it's hate that'd be great.

>Another new series is only defile the at least memories I do shit Toka Higana [Higana is Zinnia] gave up the Toka feces me quit
>>
>>26962078

Regardless of what you think of Masuda there are so many lies and so much hyperbole in this post.

>there was an interview where he basically said the Frontier isn't in because the mobile generation wouldn't appreciate it.

An Italian 'interview' of which originates on Reddit with the source given as /vp/ and lots of "Interviewer's note: Masuda actually means this"

>he's flat-out admitted he deliberately made XY piss-easy because he doesn't think the mobile generation has the attention span for a difficult game.

Not attention-span, time:

>"Rather than any actual feedback from players, it's more accepting the realities of modern life," he said. "Kids these days or even people who grew up playing Pokemon--everyone is a lot more busy. There are a lot more things competing for a person's time than there were back then. For example, there are so many free games you can play on your phone now, there's so many entertainment options, so making it a little easier to play is the reason for that."
>>
>>26962575
Masuda, get off /vp/.
>>
>>26962078
Ohmori seems like a really good person. He's done a lot of good shit.

He was pretty much in charge of making/programming the pokewalker
>>
>>26962651

Ohmori is the reason OR/AS was so shit.
>>
>>26962575
>Rather than any actual feedback from players,

Are you fucking defending this shit?
>>
>>26962665
No Maudsa cockblocked him from doing any work with shit Dev time. The new stuff in ORAS, which was small was pretty top notch. Still shit, but there was less than a year of devolpement
>>
>>26961590
You would have a point if ANYTHING told you you had to go back to Spear Pillar.
>>
>>26962485
Oh wow....so if we get rid of Masuda, what happens?
>>
File: justfine.png (99 KB, 235x168) Image search: [Google]
justfine.png
99 KB, 235x168
>>26959488
>Thinks Azure Flute was too confusing for us to comprehend
>Thinks the overly cryptic and specific method of activating then going out to catch the regi's wasn't
>>
>>26962485

The title is "Zinnia anti-thread 37 [Delta Episode]"

I don't want to read the whole thing, but I can confirm that it's hate. At one point they refer to the Delta Episode as "Episode Shit." It's about what you'd expect.
>>
>>26961595
How about the fact there was nothing telling you to go to Spear Pillar to use it? That is the confusing part, why are you acting like you would have known as a child or teen to use the Azure Flute at the entrance of Spear Pillar when absolutely nothing told you to do so?
>>
>>26962703
>No Maudsa cockblocked him from doing any work with shit Dev time.

1) Source

2) You do realize that a developer doesn't get to implement new features right? It's not like the director says "Make a new Pokemon game!" and the devs are just happily programming away adding new features.

Developers are monkeys, the only creative work they do is with algorithms, not with inventing new features to put in the game.

>>26962703
>the trend didn't start until RSE

You mean when Ohmori started working on Pokemon games?
>>
>>26961901
Literally all shitty games except Platinum.
>>
>>26961901
Do we know how involved Masuda is in developing Sun & Moon?
>>
File: QfRIJtK.jpg (576 KB, 1262x2220) Image search: [Google]
QfRIJtK.jpg
576 KB, 1262x2220
>>
>>26962977
The game is being directed by Shigeru Ohmori while Junichi Masuda is the overall producer
>>
>>26962988
>the guys who made the best games also did the fewest
No justice in the world.
>>
File: 1435475875186.png (209 KB, 638x548) Image search: [Google]
1435475875186.png
209 KB, 638x548
>>26962877
Then they could have just had the NPC who gives you the fucking azure flute say "WOW, THE AZURE FLUTE! YOU KNOW THERE IS A LEGEND THAT IF YOU PLAY THAT ATOP THE SPEAR PILLAR THE HEAVENS THEMSELVES WILL OPEN UP TO YOU!"

Would that have been so fucking hard? Would TWO FUCKING SENTENCES have been so hard to add?
>>
>>26962988
Wait, Masuda didn't do Pt? In that case my list >>26961901 is wrong.
>>
>>26963045
Actually, yes it would. Because this was in Gen 4, and patches to Pokemon games didn't exist yet.

They fucked up when programming the Azure Flute in. A stupid mistake, full of poor planning, but once the game was out they couldn't fix it.
>>
>>26959488
Bullshit
the MAIN reason he never released the azure flute was due to how rigged the fight with arceus was against you
>Level 80
>STAB Hyper Beam
>Recover
>Refresh
>Future Sight
>No Chance to save if you go on the platform
>>
File: 1467429028289.gif (773 KB, 429x535) Image search: [Google]
1467429028289.gif
773 KB, 429x535
>>26959488
>this is too confusing
>incense and their confusing relation to breeding is ok.
>>
>>26963187
>catching god is hard

WOOOOOOW
>>
>>26962078
Can't blame him for that logic. Tons of other free games on browsers and app stores, meaning possibly better options than pokemon (in their eyes).
>>
>>26961617
The regis were cryptic and required braille interpretation. They were hard, but not confusing, the info to catch them was right there.

In Azure Flute's case it wasn't. Although they could have perfectly distributed it and make a commercial on how to do it or tell it through coro coro or something.
>>
Feebas tiles
>>
>>26962682
>Implying that's a bad shit
Pandering to fans it's almost always a bad thing, and considering how the pokemon fanbase is, having actual feedbaack would be detrimental.

Heck, that's what made the first 5 gens so good, the fact that they only gave a shit about japanese kids and nothing else. The main issue with Gen 6 is them actually starting to care about other demographics.
>>
>>26962861
>>26962485
>>26962355
Do they hate Zinnia and Delta Episode for what they were or they also make up bullshit like /vp/ does?
>>
>>26963500
How does /vp/ make up bullshit about Delta Episode?

Or is bullshit just "they don't think Zinnia is the deepest and most well written character like I do!"
>>
>>26962988
So Takeshi's our best option, got it
>>
>>26959488
I don't understand. He thought that was difficult but Regigigas in ORAS wasn't? I've caught it in both games, but that stupid little bitch in Pacifidlog that's supposed to tell you how at random STILL hasn't mentioned any of that info despite how many times I talk to her.
>>
>>26963591
>How does /vp/ make up bullshit about Delta Episode?
Never been on a Delta Episode thread?

>Or is bullshit just "they don't think Zinnia is the deepest and most well written character like I do!"
No, bullshit is stuff that wasn't there and anyone who bothered to read the lines and had a reading comprehension on par with pokémon's target audience would know it didn't happen.
>>
So from what we can say for certain is
>Satoshi Tahiti directed RBY, GSC and was executive director of RSE
>Pretty good games all around
>Junichi masuda directed RS(while Tajiri was also directing), FRLG, DPPt, BW and XY
>Still good, but not the best received games
>Shigeki Morimoto directed Emerald and HGSS
>Very good games, common to hear people call them their favourite pokemon games
>Takao Unno directs B2W2
>Pretty well received
>Shigeru Ohmori directed ORAS (with Junichi Masuda as a produce) and is directing SM
>ORAS was praised for new features and ideas, but panned for lack of post game and polish
>ORAS had a year of development time

Maybe the game will be better off with Ohmori as director.
>>
>>26963621
>Never been on a Delta Episode thread?

Assume I haven't, explain it like you would to someone who never played the Delta Episode.
>>
>>26963628
>Still good, but not the best received games
That's because people have shit taste anon.
Only DP and XY aren't THAT great and they're still fine. He didn't do Platinum.

>Very good games, common to hear people call them their favourite pokemon games
In HGSS's case it's because nostalgiafags liked a modern reimagining of a game they liked.

>>26963635
>Assume I haven't,
Why do you even care if you weren't?

And I can't tell you everything that didn't happen in DE for obvious reasons. Most times is about people denying facts like Zinnia saying she saw the other universe or saying her plan didn't work despite the pokemon world still existing after Delta Episode. That kind of shit I mean.
>>
>>26962682
/vp/ is a perfect example of why listening to fans isn't always a good thing.

He should listen to demands of things people really liked, such as following pokemon. But when it comes to business decisions fans are fucking retarded and want everything to pander to them with no consideration of sales.

Take this thread, for example.
>>
>>26963677
>He should listen to demands of things people really liked
Not if we're talking about pokemon fans

>such as following pokemon
case in point
>>
>>26963672
>Why do you even care if you weren't?

Because I'm interested in your claim.

>>26963672
>saying her plan didn't work despite the pokemon world still existing after Delta Episode

But her plan DIDN'T work. It was pure coincidence that you were able to Megaevolve Rayquaza, which only happened because you're forced to go there by the plot.
>>
>>26959488

Masuda now? Babe, we could call it the autism cicle.
>>
>>26963672
>In HGSS's case it's because nostalgiafags liked a modern reimagining of a game they liked.

They like the reimagining because it's super true to GSC. It's not perfect, with flaws like not porting Crystal's Odd Egg and GB Sounds not actually sounding like the GB, but its extra content compared to GSC far outweigh those flaws.

Whether you like Johto games or not, HGSS is the most polished and well-designed remake of the three.
>>
File: 1466555200226.jpg (284 KB, 584x638) Image search: [Google]
1466555200226.jpg
284 KB, 584x638
>>26963136

Just want to to toss my 2 cents in. If it wasnt programed in to tell you in-game. Couldnt they just add those details onto the wonder card data (or whatever it was called back in gen 4) instead once they decide to distribute it? Unless the card was already prewritten and unchangable in the cart's data, it would load in the changed card instead when you download it via mystery gift. Hell most old events that distribute event pokemon usually came with something to read and tell you a little about it. Hell even when they announce it they give you details for it like where to go in the game or where the legendary was located. Not like you are gonna know the distribution by instinct. Gonna learn it from the source or indirectly from elsewhere which would also know these details. Why not add direction for it to that instead? Not saying it wasnt that simple but there could have been a better way instead of just ditching the in-game event altogether.
>>
>>26963733
>But her plan DIDN'T work.
I know right? I mean, the meteor totally stroke the Earth and Hoenn got destroyed....then somehow you're still able to play. Clearly a lore and gameplay inconsistency, right?

> It was pure coincidence that you were able to Megaevolve Rayquaza, which only happened because you're forced to go there by the plot.
This literally adds nothing, not to mention that Zinnia is the one that approaches the player.

Thanks for proving my claims though.

>>26963781
> HGSS is the most polished and well-designed remake of the three.
It's not the best game though. I never said it was bad anyways, but it's overrated.
>>
>>26963887
>I mean, the meteor totally stroke the Earth and Hoenn got destroyed

You might as well say Zinnia's plan would've worked if giant UFOs appeared out of nowhere piloted by a group of Clefairy and they blasted the meteor themselves.

Zinnia's plan failed. The world got saved by coincidental circumstance. The world being saved by something unrelated to Zinnia's plan does not mean her plan worked.

I suppose by your definition the Japanese hate her for the same "made up bullshit" the west hates her for, since they wrote this.
http://pastebin.com/6iXDxAcf
>>
>>26963672
>nostalgiafag
No. I absolutely hate GSC. But HGSS was incredibly well made and mechanically sound. And isn't a battery wasting abortion like the entirety of gen6.
>>
>>26963946
>You might as well say Zinnia's plan would've worked if giant UFOs appeared out of nowhere piloted by a group of Clefairy and they blasted the meteor themselves.
Not what happened.

> The world being saved by something unrelated to Zinnia's plan does not mean her plan worked.
Her plan was about summoning Rayquaza, beat the meteor, save Hoenn, and hijack Devon's plan. The only difference is that Rayquaza's rider was the player and not her, everything else was achieved.

If you consider that a failure never work in any sort of project ever.

> "made up bullshit"
You made bullshit up anon, admit it.

Can't read that pasta now, but if it's the one I think it is, it's mostly bullshit.
>>
>>26963958
>I absolutely hate GSC. But HGSS was incredibly well made and mechanically sound

Not him, but can I ask why you hate GSC if you like HGSS? Prefering HGSS isn't confusing but if your have negative enough feelings against GSC to call it absolute hate, I'm really curious about your reasoning.
>>
>>26964023
Pretty much every criticism other people have of GSC. Started the tradition of shitty legacy systems that still bog the games down with bloat, useless evo items and useless breeding items.
Kanto handled awfully,
New Pokemon handled awfully. So many were designed to be absolutely useless
>>
>>26964015
>You made bullshit up anon, admit it.

I never claimed the Clefairy shit happened, I used it as a hypothetical, to give a more clear parallel to why Zinnia's plan failed. Zinnia summoned Rayquaza, but in a weakened state, it couldn't actually do anything. The player had to clean up the gigantic mess she created by hijacking Devon's plan and removing any potential safety net.

Mistakes happen in any project, but this isn't an ordinary mistake here. This is like a group project in school where the entire group is on board with something, then one guy thinks "this fucking sucks, I can totally do better," sabotages the project intentionally because she's so sure his plan will work, and then her solo project ends up being complete shit and the rest of the group has to hastily try to salvage what they have to get a C- grade. If the saboteur claimed her plan worked and got the group a passing grade the rest of the kids would probably beat the shit out of her behind the school, but ORAS treats her wrongfully as a hero, which is part of why she's so universally despised in both the west and east.

If Zinnia were a villain and properly portrayed as such like Maxie/Archie, as a radical who thinks they're bettering the world when they're really fucking everything up, she'd probably be thought as a decent character. The ACTUAL VILLAINS showed more remorse and regret for what they did than Zinnia did.
>>
>>26964111
> removing any potential safety net.
said safety net involved destroying another universe.

>Mistakes happen in any project, but this isn't an ordinary mistake here. This is like a group project in school where the entire group is on board with something, then one guy thinks "this fucking sucks, I can totally do better," sabotages the project intentionally because she's so sure his plan will work, and then her solo project ends up being complete shit and the rest of the group has to hastily try to salvage what they have to get a C- grade. If the saboteur claimed her plan worked and got the group a passing grade the rest of the kids would probably beat the shit out of her behind the school, but ORAS treats her wrongfully as a hero, which is part of why she's so universally despised in both the west and east.
That's a shtity analogy, a better one would be if the entitled one actually got a good grade, but not in the intended way. Bad team player, sure, but didn't fail.

>If Zinnia were a villain and properly portrayed as such like Maxie/Archie, as a radical who thinks they're bettering the world when they're really fucking everything up
Zinnia also thought she was bettering the world and actually did so. How would the player get in contact with Rayquaza hadnt she been there?
>>
>>26962825
this.
>>
File: time.png (1 MB, 1080x936) Image search: [Google]
time.png
1 MB, 1080x936
>>26962575
>everyone is a lot more busy
>There are a lot more things competing for a person's time than there were back then
really?
>>
>>26962825
>reading braille on a GBA screen
until today I can't believe this got approved at GF
>>
You know, when I heard his reasons I used to think maybe selling the games to the kids in Japan is a little more difficult or something, I don't know how things are over there.

But then I played Yokai Watch. This game is selling millions and its "dex" is fucking bullshit to fill. So fuck you, Masuda, kids obviously don't care.
>>
>>26963709
If a majority likes a feature, more would be inspired to buy the game for that feature, so larger sales.

Case in point, pokemon fans are shit at business and will never be listened to for major decisions.
>>
>>26959488

>a) Stairway to Heaven to find Arceus the GOD pokemon, too controversial for christians

>b) Void world or whatever created a fucking glitch that every japanese person was abusing and breaking their games so Nintendo probably didn't want to give Event Pokemon through hidden areas anymore period
>>
>>26964157
>destroying another universe.

What's your point? Even if there was absolute proof that the alternate universe existed, it's better for misfortune to fall on someone else than it is for it to fall on you.

>if the entitled one actually got a good grade, but not in the intended way

There's no way anyone involved would have gotten a good grade on the meteor stopping attempts. They did it by the skin of their fucking teeth because of Zinnia's sabotage.

>How would the player get in contact with Rayquaza hadnt she been there?

He wouldn't've needed to, because the Link Cable would not have been destroyed.
>>
>catching and evolving feebas in rse
>not confusing
>>
>>26964397
You couldn't get Arceus with the void glitch, though, only Shaymin and Darkrai.
>>
>>26964344
This right here. Yokai Watch has a lot of insanely time consuming shit in it. Nips love grinding as shown by the every single popular game in japan. Fucking hell, the top 5 in japan right now involve time investments of 100+ hours.

Masuda is just a retard who had a million dollar franchise dropped on his lap.
>>
>>26964015
Her plan failed. Let's say we traded the meteorite for a TM like in RSE, the world would be 100% fucked
>>
>>26964442
While you're right, my point was less about time and more about bullshit situations to catch those Yokai. If Masuda thought the flute was "confusing" then getting Kyuubi in Yokai Watch would be like advanced physics to him.
>>
>>26964416
> Even if there was absolute proof that the alternate universe existed
There is, you played it 10 years ago.

> it's better for misfortune to fall on someone else than it is for it to fall on you.
no

>They did it by the skin of their fucking teeth because of Zinnia's sabotage.
Devon didn't stop the meteor, the player did, through Zinnia's plan.

>He wouldn't've needed to, because the Link Cable would not have been destroyed.
And RSE universe would be dead.

What happened(AKA Zinnia's plan) made it so both are safe. You still need to prove this wrong.
>>
>>26963452
To be fair that isn't a legendary and is only really a Pokemon that fans of the game who know about Milotic would want to get.
>>
>>26965344
>you played it 10 years ago
There's no proof in ORAS that it's the case. Zinnia just demands you go by her word. I personally believe in God but if I thought we had to do something or avoid doing it to stop some religious prophecy I wouldn't try to convince a bunch of atheists to follow me by telling them to blindly follow on faith.

>no
yes

>through Zinnia's plan

Zinnia never at any point planned for the player to be necessary. You were only there because you were railroaded to be there.

>And RSE universe would be dead
1) You haven't proved it existed.
2) You haven't proved the meteor would go there.
3) You haven't proved something like PMD Rescue Team wouldn't happen to save the day if it did end up there.

The burden of proof is on YOU. Zinnia, the character you're defending, made a blind claim of something and never gave evidence to back it up. What you're doing is like a Christian claiming you have to prove God doesn't exist, when the Christian made the claim in the first place.
>>
>>26963483
what demographic other than little kids do you think made them dumb the games down even further and remove interesting content because the players wouldn't appreciate it? literal babies?
>>
>>26965792
Probably trying to pander to 85 iq third worlders since their market share is increasing.
Only people I can think of that are dumber and have less attention spans than actual children.
>>
>>26964442
what are the 5 most popular games in japan right now?
>>
>>26965722
>There's no proof in ORAS that it's the case.
Yes there is, it's a nod to the original RSE, you even see it when you transfer a mon from RSE to ORAS. YOu played the proof.

>Zinnia never at any point planned for the player to be necessary.
No, she planned to summon Rayquaza, hijack Devon's plan and destroy the meteor. All things that happened.

>1) You haven't proved it existed.
I did.
>2) You haven't proved the meteor would go there.
Dragonkeeper's lore says so.
>3) You haven't proved something like PMD Rescue Team wouldn't happen to save the day if it did end up there.
the fuck?

>The burden of proof is on YOU. Zinnia, the character you're defending, made a blind claim of something and never gave evidence to back it up.
No it's on you actually.

>http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/success
Success is defined by getting the desired result of an attempt.

Zinnia's goals were:
-save Hoenn
-save RSE Hoenn

Ignore the rest of my post if you want, but prove both Hoenns got destroyed.

>What you're doing is like a Christian claiming you have to prove God doesn't exist, when the Christian made the claim in the first place.
More like a Christian that met God is trying to tell another Christian that met God that God exists.

>>26965792
>what demographic other than little kids do you think made them dumb the games down even further
Nostalgiafags.

/vp/'s average IQ isnt as high as little kids anyways, just see this other guy I'm arguing with.
>>
>>26965841
>Only people I can think of that are dumber and have less attention spans than actual children.
There are pokemon fans in the first world too anon.
>>
>>26964191
>breeding autists are representative of Pokemon consumers as a whole
I'm one of those breeding autists and you're being dumb. People who spend their time hatching thousands of eggs are a tiny majority of the player base. Most Pokemon players play casually.
>>
File: sudoku.jpg (305 KB, 1280x687) Image search: [Google]
sudoku.jpg
305 KB, 1280x687
>>26966056
>a tiny majority of the player base
Hue. A tiny minority, of course.
>>
>complains that the Azure Flute event is too complicated
>okays the gen 4 -> 5 event trigger Pokemon who only work if you transfer them through a specific menu that does nothing else, but lock you out of the event if you unknowingly transfer them the same way you transfer every other Pokemon
>>
>>26962721
The event could've fucking said "go to the spear pillar where you caught dialga/palkia and see what happens :^)"
>>
>>26965920
>Yes there is

You're only saying WHAT it is, not HOW it is that. It also gave you a special message transferring a Gen 4 Pokémon to Gen 5, but we don't call DPPt Sinnoh a parallel universe to BW Sinnoh. A tiny nod like that is not enough to be convincing for a major plot point like this.

>No, she planned to summon Rayquaza, hijack Devon's plan and destroy the meteor. All things that happened.
SHE NEVER DESTROYED THE METEOR, YOU HAD TO STEP IN.

If a child planned to jump off the roof and fly, and as they falled to their death they were saved by Superman, you would not call them succesful, even though they jumped off the roof and ended up flying.

>Dragonkeeper's lore says so.
Again, you're just going on someone's word, with no evidence to back it up. You haven't PROVED anything. If Zinnia and the Draconids said a flying spaghetti monster existed, would you automatically believe her?

>the fuck?
In the first PMD game, a meteor was going to crash into the Earth, killing everyone, until the player character and their partner managed to wake up Rayquaza and get him to stop it. There isn't any hard evidence that this is the same universe as RSE, but it's less of a stretch than what Zinnia is claiming since they're in the same Gen. I would've figured you'd know PMD1's plot since Delta Episode ripped it off wholesale.
>>
>>26966256
>You're only saying WHAT it is, not HOW it is that. It also gave you a special message transferring a Gen 4 Pokémon to Gen 5, but we don't call DPPt Sinnoh a parallel universe to BW Sinnoh. A tiny nod like that is not enough to be convincing for a major plot point like this.
It's part of the fucking lore of the draconid people on a world where legends are true. Also IN a game that you've already played.

>SHE NEVER DESTROYED THE METEOR, YOU HAD TO STEP IN.
Was the meteor destroyed?

>
If a child planned to jump off the roof and fly, and as they falled to their death they were saved by Superman, you would not call them succesful, even though they jumped off the roof and ended up flying.
Yes you would, that's literally what sucess means. The kid would still be a retard and suceed for the wrong reasons(which is something you could partially say about Zinnia) but he didn't fail if his goal was flying unless you meant flying on his own.

Seriously, stop with the analogies.

>If Zinnia and the Draconids said a flying spaghetti monster existed, would you automatically believe her?
If a character in a video game franchise whose plotlines dealt with legends being real for the last 13 or so years said so, yeah.

Of course I wouldnt believe it if it happened IRL, which it didn't.

I havent played the spinoffs, but
>but it's less of a stretch than what Zinnia is claiming since they're in the same Gen.
And ORAS is a remake of RSE, you fail at your own logic.
>>
>>26966256
Also, you still didn't prove Hoenn was destroyed.
>>
>>26966310
>Yes you would, that's literally what sucess means.
I'm not sure if you're retarded, trolling or both, but either way thinks for the laugh.
>>
>>26966310
>Seriously, stop with the analogies.

Well you won't listen to direct statements, analogies are the only chance I have to crack through your waifuism.

There was never a "here's a list of things the Draconids were right about" in the Delta Episode, you're just going off their word. What if they were frauds, or scam artists?

>>26966328
You're a fucking retard, I'm not even going to bother with you in that regard. Your head is so far up your ass that ORAS Hoenn could have acutally gotten destroyed and you'd call it a success because
>her goal was to stop Devon corp, save RSE Hoenn, and summon Rayquaza and she DID! Success!
>>
>>26965847
Well Yokai Watch and Monster Hunter are probably up there and both are full of required grinding.
>>
>>26966364
>http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/success
>ignoring thte definition of success again
Not sure if you're retarded, trolling or both, but either way thanks for the laugh.

>>26966375
>analogies are the only chance I have to crack through your waifuism.
Analogies need to make sense.
Also
>waifuism
typical retort for the losing side on these arguments.

>What if they were frauds, or scam artists?
The part about summoning Rayquaza wasn't, the part about the meteor coming to Earth wasnt. The part about a Hoenn without mega evolutions wasn't.

They got too many things right I think.

>You're a fucking retard, I'm not even going to bother with you in that regard.
You won't because you have no fucking argument.

>Hoenn could have acutally gotten destroyed
>could
Good speculating. But the fact that you mention Hoenn COULD have been destroyed implies you think it didn't, so you're saying I'm right.

>her goal was to stop Devon corp, save RSE Hoenn, and summon Rayquaza and she DID! Success!
If that were her only goals she would have been successful, still a dick though.
Again, not the case since she was also tryng to save ORAS Hoenn, which it did. And you said so.
>>
>>26966433
Allow me to spell it out for you, because you seem to be confused. In order for a plan to be considered a plan it requires not only an end goal, but also a method in which to achieve said end goal. If the goal is achieved, but not through the methods contained in the plan then the plan did not succeed. Understand captain shortbus?
>>
>>26966514
> In order for a plan to be considered a plan it requires not only an end goal, but also a method in which to achieve said end goal.
This is unrelated to the result or even the actual events but yeah.

>If the goal is achieved, but not through the methods contained in the plan then the plan did not succeed.
It wasnt a good plan maybe, but it did suceed. And even then there's always a deviation. In this case, it being Brendan/May instead of Zinnia being chosen. Pretty much everything else happened as planned. Considering the deviation is so minimal and the end result was achieved exactly as planned then yeah, the plan was sucessful, as said in the actual definition of the word "success" which you haven't acknowledged so far.

If you consider that a failure then, honestly, don't ever participate on any sort of project, you're in for a bad time.
>>
>>26966400
To be fair, Monster Hunter is literally just grinding. That's how the game plays, similar to how Warframe or something else like that. At least it's not like how YKW markets itself as something other than grinding simulator.
>>
>>26966593
>It wasnt a good plan maybe, but it did suceed
Then I guess every assassination attempt is successful, because everyone who is targeted by an assassination dies eventually.
>>
>>26966637
No, since the goal is to assasinate and have the people dead at a specific moment, not just people dying.
>>
>>26966647
Not really, the plan is that they die. Do they die? Then assassination successful.
>>
>>26966673
>Not really, the plan is that they die.
>Having to twist definitions
>again
>>
>>26962988
Why does Shigeru look like he regularly posts on /vp/
>>
>>26966220
>try me on the spear pillar, not on the internet faggot, and see what happens
>>
>>26966683
No, I'm just going by the definition you set out. A plan succeeds if your goal is accomplished. Therefore since everyone dies, all assassination attempts are successful.
>>
>>26966751
You have the goal wrong. People aren't murdered for the heck of it, the goal is not the mere death, there's a reason why the hirer/assasin doesn't want the other to live, which is to prevent something else happening( be it because it's a criminal that may comit another crime, someone who may reveal information and so on).
Seriously, you suck with analogies.
>>
>>26966800
you still didn't prove someone who has had an assassination attempt on them didn't die.
>>
>>26966848
Which has nothing to do with what we're discussing.

Fidel Castro btw.
>>
>>26966876
Give it 10 more years.
>>
>>26966902
Won't prove you right though. Since he's not relevant anymore and not worth killing, he was worth killing back then.

Which proves my right btw, the goal is not the mere death.

Last chance before I go to sleep, make one more post, try to say an actual argument.
>>
>>26966916
Why would I when you haven't made one in the entire thread?
>>
>>26962988
Daily reminder that in fire red and leaf green you cant evolve to non kanto mon (espeon etc) until post game because of masuda the jjokbari jap fag
>>
>>26966938
Says the guy who outright ignored the definition of sucess, never corrected himself, wanted to prove Zinnia's plan failed and then said it didn't, wanted to prove people don't make up bullshit about DE and then proceeded to do so, retorted to a series of bad analogies (since resorting to actual game stuff would prove you wrong of course) one worse than the other.

But yeah, you totally have the high ground, Zinnia totally failed and Hoenn got destroyed....except it didn't but it somehow did.

You missed your last chance to make your first actual argument.
>>
>>26966969
BZZT, wrong.
That guy left. I was just shitposting because of your retarded definition of success.
>>
>>26962988
Shigeru looks like he fucking hates his life. I can relate.
>>
File: 1458037984770.gif (765 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1458037984770.gif
765 KB, 500x281
>>26962988
Shigeki I love you
>>
Can we have more Masuda "too difficult" scenarios?
>>
>>26966800
Not him but what you are saying is the equivalent of a situation in which a murderer wants to kill somebody but this person dies under a car crash. Would you consider this as a succesful assassination? Because I wouldnt. Zinnias plan failed and thats not even the reason why people hate her so much.
>>
File: director.jpg (536 KB, 1262x2220) Image search: [Google]
director.jpg
536 KB, 1262x2220
>>26962988
>someone on /vp/ makes this
>it gets reposted on reddit
>someone from there reposts it here, now in lower quality

It's like pottery, it rhymes.
Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.