[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So... which gen is your favorite, then? You assholes seem to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1440536245906.jpg (47 KB, 412x550) Image search: [Google]
1440536245906.jpg
47 KB, 412x550
So... which gen is your favorite, then? You assholes seem to hate them all.

It'll give me an idea of how old you manbabies really are. That's essentially what gen wars boil down to anyway - ageism.
>>
What's wrong with being ageist?
>>
>>24684268
Pokémon is a game for all ages. Otherwise, you wouldn't be posting here.
>>
Gen 1 is well-designed, but horribly programmed.

Gen 2 fixes some of the most amateur Gen1 errors, but most other things are kept the same and it's basically just the addition of new Pokemon. My essential problem is that the Johto region isn't that great, and while the Kanto region fixed

Gen 3 fixed a lot of the programming and -- at least in terms of battling -- is probably my favorite Gen. The games themselves are....eh. All things considered, Emerald is one of the better games to play a randomized run of (especially with random wilds). IMO, I think the actual RSE games could have been improved if there was less emphasis on Pokemon's habitats making sense (e.g. Surf routes don't need solely Water types).

I've always detested Gen 4 (D/P/Pt, at least; haven't played HGSS). I don't have any real input on the storyline or anything deep, though. I've just always felt like those games felt "off", in terms of just really small things. Loading times, save times, running, walking, battle animations, etc. In a nutshell, the games weren't polished to my standards.

Gen 5 fixed a lot of my qualms with Gen 4. I liked pretty much every new feature and new Pokemon. I think my only real issue is that it seems like the Generation ended a game too soon, IMO. I mean, there are literally Pokemon in the National Dex not available in Gen 5. And overall, I think the sole focus on Unova kind of hurt things.

Haven't played Gen 6 games because I don't have a 3DS (and the games, especially the Poke games, haven't compelled me to buy one). It just seems like the company's at their wit's end trying to please *everyone*, as opposed to making a fun, challenging experience for young people.

So, basically:

3 (potential) > 5 > 1 = 2 > 3 (actual) >> 4
>>
2 was the most fun. No number spreadsheet autism, fun battling and Stadium. The series just felt complete.
>>
Gen 7 is the best. Try to prove me wrong
>>
Unironically love fifth gen.
>>
>>24684255
I don't care about gens.
Platinum and Y were the most fun for me.
>>
Gen 3 and Gen 4. I know the Sinnoh region gets a lot of shit but it's always been my favourite for some reason. Empoleon is also my favourite starter. Emerald and Blaziken are close seconds though.
>>
Gen I was a fun game whether /vp/ wants to admit it or not. Sure, you can chalk it up to "muh nostalgia, but it's more than that. The glitches are part of the reason this game is so fun, and in a way, putting them up on the eshop sort of confirms Missingno. as a 'real Pokémon' again.

However, Missingno. is just the tip of the iceberg. The Mew Glitch and 8F programming allow for some fun tricks that have given the game lots of replayablity over the years.
>>
>>24684255
Platinum
I'm 23 though
>>
>>24684255
Gen 1-2 were the best eras to play simply because everybody was playing the game.

But they are not necessarily the best games per se. I personally believe that the best generation was 5.
>>
File: 266747_tomycase_pokemon-xy.png (2 MB, 2000x1264) Image search: [Google]
266747_tomycase_pokemon-xy.png
2 MB, 2000x1264
>>24684255
I fucking love 6th, 3D models, multiple expresions and mega evolution ftw.
>>
I've experienced every gen when they came out, but I liked 3 the best.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.