[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anti-Greninja Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 229
Thread images: 114
(A friendly and nonmilitant note to the mods of /vp/: If you find that the content of my discourses somehow infringes on the rules of 4chan, then please send me a warning before deleting posts, and I will be happy to delete and reevaluate any points or pictures that breaks these rules before posting more. The last thing I want for this board if for it to descend into the anarchy it was prior to becoming /vp/)

Previous thread: https://archive.nyafuu.org/vp/thread/26810008

Like before, I invite everyone who shares a deep, profound, and intellectual hatred for Greninja in any manner to share with me your additional contentions so that I may add them to this document. While you are at it, post pictures of Greninja being degraded into the destructive and tasteless creature it always was. The degradation of Froakie and Frogadier is also permitted, but keep in mind that they are not essential to the theme of this thread.

To those supporters of Greninja, either give me serious and intellectual refutations of this interpretation, or else go back to your anime hugbox. “Haters gonna hate” is only a pulpit for your indifference to the world, its capacity for achieving desirable things and its glories that result from it.
Any OC of any kind, by drawings or text similar to mine, is always welcome.

I will not try to force this thread anymore, but I will let it spontaneously grow or perish as necessary, for only a change within the people of /vp/ can enact a lasting and meaningful opinion.
>>
>>26878384
The demand for a new and fresh edition of my original critical discourse has not induced me to make any alterations towards my original posts. By this I do not mean to imply that the discourse has not been attacked and criticized, for a greater majority of the thread than I am proud to speak of has done so, many in the most vulgar and crude methods, but rather that it does not appear to me to have been answered properly or refuted unanimously, or on a deep and profound level of thought, meditation, philosophy, and connection to the real world, its society, its people, and their unique and common elements and characteristic of their natures. Rightly or wrongly I felt convinced that a good many of the criticisms came from people who have mistaken my aim, while not a few emanated from readers who were bitter and ardent opponents from the beginning.

Of these antagonists to my perspective, let it be said without too great a disdain or resentment towards those in question that, in dealing with a subject regarding which feelings easily run high to the people on this board in particular, they were perhaps a little too prone to read anti-Pokemon, progenwunner or unovabortionistic views into a context that was only anti-Greninja, and to suppose that I was necessarily and wholly hostile to any specific generation or game, because I inveighed against certain current tendencies which I still believe are falsely assumed to express the fullest potential of the artistry and design of Pokémon, its idiosyncrasy with the gameplay, and its impact on children and adults alike.
>>
>>26878396
It is, of course, difficult at a time when buzzwords are ruthlessly abused and when, as a result of this, much vagueness has been imparted even to the simplest terms or ideas, to escape the suspicion of Boeotian dullness, when I am really only a defender of the eternal flame and essence of artistry as a tool for the rich in inner strength, vigor, intelligence, and benevolence against the transitory, faddy, raving, superficial, sentimental, and sporadic claims of the internet. And seeing that my opponents' cause was not badly served by those who represented me as a preacher of hatred or unjust cruelty, it is not surprising that with many posts I have been regarded by those who are happy and satisfied with basing their judgments upon hearsay, as a determined hater.

Nothing could be further from the truth, and my posts are here to show to you. So far am I from being unfriendly and least of all unfair to Pokémon as a game and, especially, as a representative and imaginative world to project the customs, taste, and analysis of more learned and wise people onto those who desire to invest their time in the game, that I suggest many cogent reasons for believing that even the technical vices in the design, portrayal, character, and depth are essential to the game’s meaning and its influence on the masses, and can only be eradicated at our peril. This does not mean, however, that I do not attempt to advance many arguments which are discontenting and degrading to the modern Pokémon player and the so-called "man of taste". My previous thread and its lectures, in fact, is full of such arguments, many of which lose none of their capacity for constituting a whole hearted and genuine indictment of the type of people who exalt such a meagre figure as Greninja as such.
>>
>>26878409
And, although they do not seem to me to have been answered, it is not difficult to understand why, at the present time, they should have been misread or misinterpreted, even by the most meticulous readers among the fanbase.

As a rule, fanboys or girls will listen patiently when it is told of the reasons why some Pokémon are worse than others, based off of what emotions it arouses in its supporters and of characteristics it behold. But if one proceeds to scrape away the golden paint from those Pokémon, for instance, whose reasons for being enjoyed involve being a gregarious person, "unselfish," or of belonging to the umbrella known as "nobility," and point out how all these proclivities and character traits that makes the beholders consider these Pokémon of their standard or type invariably arise from purely selfish, ignorant, or shallow desires and emotions, and the bulk of the fanbase will immediately become both upset and distempered. And why?

Only because a huge proportion of the fans of these maligned Pokémon find the very basis of their self-esteem, their taste, and their strengths in the activities enumerated. To reveal the root of these activities, is therefore to wound and remove these people in and from their sanctuary of vanity; and those who are targeted usually retaliate with arguments and flames filled with both rancor and rage. It is certain that these men did not write merely to vex and disturb the world more than to correct it, but because they realized that falsifications and exaggerations of sentiment are dangerous and eventually leaks its way into the weathered stones of intemperance and fulfillment.
>>
File: 4 No Comment Necessary.jpg (141 KB, 1024x678) Image search: [Google]
4 No Comment Necessary.jpg
141 KB, 1024x678
>>26878422
Meanwhile, many changes have occurred, all of which have been directed at and with the ideal hopes of consolidating and extending the current fame and “significance” of these “serious but dorky” or “savage but civilized” character types within the games, manga, and anime, in both the humans and Pokémon depicted as such. But there is so little evidence of the minority of people who abstract these vicious and revolutionary suggestions- and the majority of parrots who wish to repeat that sentiment only as a means of retaining some matter of semblance to other franchises- having effected any improvement in the happiness either of those who play the games casually or competitively, or of the fanbase as a whole that, as a solution of our contemporary problems and difficulties, or even as a minor contribution to their solution and execution, it would seem that this idea of thinking must soon be as wholly discredited as was the Notch-eared Pichu of Generation Two, the constant forcing- with occasional diffusion- of that grossly and gravely overrated aura dog, Lucario, of Generation IV, or the cosplay Pikachus of today that will be disregarded within no less than a year’s time.

When things go wrong with the structure of a fanbase and its root company, through the general decline in the depth and stamina of its aesthetic and meaning, two distinct yet very much interrelated tendencies seem always to become noticeable. The first one is to interpret changes which are merely the break-down and decay of old and still beneficial concepts, as merely biased nostalgia (on this board this is called Genwunning or Nostalgiagoggles), and the other (owing to the arguably just loss of confidence in the current executives and lead designers of Game Freak) is for everyone, qualified or unqualified, to regard themselves as capable of making an attempt to put matters right.
>>
File: 1465235158821.png (184 KB, 357x262) Image search: [Google]
1465235158821.png
184 KB, 357x262
>>26878384
...go on
>>
>>26878436
This may take any creative form, whether it be creating Fakemon in their own petty style, or trying to enact petitions to form concepts for games completely outside the realm of the franchise’s original and intended meaning, i.e. a dark and edgy storyline, an MMO, and so on.

It is through the latter tendency that casual audiences naturally spring into prominence as zealous and eager helpers; but unfortunately, always with the misunderstood idea that a mere multiplication of ineffectual Pokémon and misguided design choices owing to incompatibilities within the different elements of the game itself (which Greninja remains a prime example- and infector- of) can compensate the franchise for its total lack of great or meaningful fun, enjoyment, and above all, significance. Truth to tell, such a multiplication of nobody Pokémon, far from producing something, merely increases the size of and complicates the already existing muddle.

This mistake has occurred so often in video game history i.e. Early Access, Minecraft, Psygnosis, and, to give a fresh example, Mighty No. 9, and always with the same disastrous results, that any ardent fan or follower of the process of video games is left wondering how often it will have to occur again, before the tired and weary truth becomes generally accepted that the only remedy for a struggling franchise, method, or company suffering from a impoverished imagination, is to build up that imagination afresh, and to preserve as far as possible the beneficial and prosperous traditional ideas or formulas of the franchise, until this re-building process has been accomplished. Most any other form of cure, antidote, or ointment is merely a red-herring drawn to divert the attention of the crowd from the real and only methods of salvation and reconquest of glory.
>>
>>26878447
It is true that this misguided path may bring enormous temporary satisfaction to thousands of dedicated fans whose sense of vanity and self-entitlement are out of all proportion greater than either their acumen or their candor; but there are also hundreds of thousands of other players who are modest and intelligent enough to perceive the fishiness of the diversion, and who at the very core and center of their hearts are more predisposed to hope that their rejuvenated directors and designers may become the formidable builders of the future of Pokémon, than to believe that they themselves can ever lend a truly helpful hand in the task of revolutionizing the game.

Naturally, however, these more modest and shrewder fans are as a rule silent and unheard before the general public, while many of these fans, already conscious of the pitiful inadequacy of current Pokémon games, are apt to look on with a sort of haggard and skeptical curiosity at the experiment of today’s exaltation of Greninja and its characteristics, which henceforth I will refer to as –for lack of a better name, and implying that such a movement deserves even this formal of a title- as Greninjism, just as a battalion of troopers can be imagined to look up at a dark and stormy sky for a miracle that might possibly save them once their guarded city has been successfully sieges by oncoming enemies.
>>
>>26878455
How do I know of the existence of these men, women, and children? Merely through the collective of supportive posts I have received in the last thread, as well as the sporadic exertions created by those frustrated as well with this current taste, which, as a writer and thinker engaged in anti-anarchistic and pro-lofty propaganda, have reached me from every part of 4chan and the rest of the internet during the last three years. And in these posts or replies I have read not only a deep sympathy with my destructive criticism of current Greninjism, but also an authentic and passionate desire to support my constructive proposal of a new era and direction of Pokémon, an all-encompassing embrace of the elements of Pokémon that gave its very first followers such a profound interest and deep-seated appreciation for the game.

Such is the subtle influence of prevailing values that few people are aware of the extremely one-dimensional standpoint of the present age. So acute is the accent of that “cute but cool” accent over every standard and canon of art, that the world has probably never been so near as it is to-day to forgetting the essential facts of what is an essential character, in regarding times of war, as well as times of engaging with friends and family, as Pokémon has so frequently depicted throughout its multi-decade long history as a franchise.
>>
OP I have a question.
Do you often participate in threads that don't revolve around Greninja bashing? Your writing style leaves an impression and I don't think I saw it elsewhere.
>>
>>26878464

The greatest deception of all, in this respect, has, of course, been the introduction of the very first Pokémon to try and step into the frigid waters of this new and seemingly foreign, at least to Game Freak itself — Generation III — which in its exclusive concern about creating such antipodal characters, encouraging them of the possibility of having a complete shift in tone, of character, of behavior, and of aptitude, without a clear understanding of the mentality behind it. It may be simple enough to try and suggest that they have a predominant loyalty to their trainer and their team, enjoying leisure and comfort around them, while ready to act hostile, defensive, and intimidating in the presence of strangers or of opponents, especially when the trainer demands it. It is this master-slave relationship that presents itself as the best means of bonding and of mutual benefit.
>>
>>26878471
I have said that the present condition of Game Freak does not by any means represent what I understand by the best: A most incontrovertible facts of science and human experience, that there is extraordinarily little chance and accident in the production of great and exceptional art. The appearance of a significant and meaningful design, by aesthetics, personality, and ability, or a designer of such creations, is not to be ascribed to any phenomenon akin to blind chance." Thus, a sound foundation of artistic knowledge, followed by a concrete direction to apply any diversity, any variance, any specializations, and any diversions in design towards, is necessary to render the production of profound and prudent creatures and design choices as probable— a conclusion to which the science of artistic and color theory is slowly but surely tending.

Now it can be laid down almost as a law concerning most of the present designers and concept legislators of Game Freak that they have always relied more or less indolently and ignorantly upon chance and accident, rather than upon willful and deliberate design and intention in the rearing of their great examples.
And if we turn to the current Generation and towards the dawning Generation VII, in particular, we find this principle carried to an absurdly dangerous extreme.
The production of a creature who is to be an example of artistic mastery and of excitation of the passions and imagination, involves four essential conditions: (1) An instinctual love for order; (2) A direction founded upon a long, healthy and cultured tradition within the inner workings of the designer or team of designers itself; (3) Rigorous discipline and trial in employed designers from the very beginning of their career, and (4) An optimum of conditions away from the vortex of realism and the impulse to take inspiration without reworking it towards the direction that the company has decided on for the franchise.
>>
>>26878485
Out of all of the above, number three is the only one of these conditions which can with any justice be said to have been fulfilled in the creation of Greninja; but, although it is important and indispensable, it is not in itself sufficient.

It is foolhardy and ridiculous to suppose that greatness will continue to show itself, generation after generation, if the very first conditions for its production are persistently scouted and ignored, as Greninja’s cloying oversights in the cohesion of its design perpetuate. Even a Pokémon breeder would hesitate to take as a mate a Pokémon that had not all the innate qualities and training of that particular class he desires, and yet for this vastly difficult and frequently underestimated in regards to its importance, mediocre designers are selected and fit to the company’s standards, almost at random and with the most frivolous carelessness imaginable.

I will say that Greninja, or any other confuted and hopelessly mixed Pokemon represents another Pokémon or a piece of inspiration that is selected at random, and developed and brought before the masses with a careless indifference to its ultimate purpose.

It would, also, be a great mistake to suppose, as many still do, that the creation of Greninja and Greninja’s subsequent gradual conquest of its Age was the struggle of the mind of an innovator and a work of art whose public required to be educated up to his aesthetic forms and to his ideas before they could appreciate him. This was not the case; for, as a matter of fact, most of the ideas he advanced were already victorious or nearly so before he became their poster boy.

>>26878471
I occasionally partake in other threads, but not generals, at least not frequently.
>>
File: 11 A Tame and Boring Don Juan.jpg (264 KB, 994x1200) Image search: [Google]
11 A Tame and Boring Don Juan.jpg
264 KB, 994x1200
>>26878496

The artificial and incompatible (at least regarding to an overarching practice, for it is possible, like I have said earlier, to have different mindsets regarding the situation at hand, but this is a matter of internal outlook and action, not a caprice of behavior akin to hiding your disdain for your friend’s spaghetti) combination of Stoicism towards internal troubles and strife, and materialistic and hedonism-distorted form of Epicureanism, the principal strings to its ideological and bow, were very much in the air and had hundreds of thousands of across the world; and it rose to popularity chiefly because it swam backstroke in champion style with those webbed feet and toes in these two powerful currents in a manner less like a frog than perhaps a thoughtless jellyfish.

His struggle was, therefore, not so much that of a prophet with a new message, but of a Pokémon who, being able to only create two forms of drama and picture without any facets or nuances between them — that of the duel, and that of the child’s playground — was concerned to get a public, conditioned by Serebii, Maryland, Verlisify, and others, to accept this one form as passionate entertainment.
Just as Bernard Shaw, stronger in dialectics than psychology, and Socrates, stronger in upsetting and indignifying than deep and observant thought and foresight, were faced with the personal problem of making their instinctual and aptitude-driven weaknesses the rules and criterion by which their respective artistry should be judged.
>>
File: 1466812860411.jpg (58 KB, 445x422) Image search: [Google]
1466812860411.jpg
58 KB, 445x422
>>
>>26878504
>>26878504
So Greninja, weak in plot, philosophy, psychology and, above all, personal passion, made it the script writer’s business to stagger the developing children and bourgeoisie attic-dwellers with the unexpected caprice of Greninja’s relationship with Ash, thereby allowing for the writers to dwell upon their ability to sell merchandise and market the pale frog’s derivative personality and superficial method of engaging life, thereby solving the problem of converting Greninja’s- and the writers- weaknesses into criterion for “success”.
Let me further elaborate upon the elements of the anime plot in general, and their relation to Greninja and those who hold him to a high, or even ideal, standard-
Every human being, kid, parent, scientist, artist, barbarian, civilian, imbecile, and intellectual, knows the fatal and surfeiting consequences of complete and exhaustive exploration: how it clings to you like a spur, how it nauseates you like a severe bout of indigestion! The very body, mind, and constitution of man as an organism with sentient capacities necessitates such consequences. As Herbert Spencer said in his Social Statics, “The repetition of a stimulus reduces the force of its appeal owing to the internal process of habituation that every human being, and any adaptable creature is prone to”. We laughed the first time Brock began to womanize; but the hundredth time we barely lift an eyelid.
>>
File: 1441519788792.jpg (28 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
1441519788792.jpg
28 KB, 300x225
Wow.
>>
>>26878523
Now, in the face of all these common and everyday facts of experience, it would be both absurd and unjustifiable to claim that any person, of any sex, age, or talent, could hope to spend years or decades of his life after reaching his loftiest dream with nothing left to pursue — not to mention a lifetime — without eventually and ultimately falling into the prey to indifference, if not disgust, and where the circumstances of their first steps towards this achievement bore an excessive warmth of feeling, the ultimate spurning of that feeling, by disillusionment and, among ignorant and foolish people, a surprise, must lead to an acute indifference to life and its joys.

Unlike the mere chasing and capturing of bodily necessities, in which the body and mind work together, share the same needs and interests, enjoy the same leisure and games, develop the same novel and greater desires and wants, or suffer the same pleasures and difficulties, the pursuit of a goal to end all goals is united chiefly by a rigid bond between mind and spirit which has its basis in the emotion and inner feelings of passion, a feeling of desire, and a feeling of power.
>>
File: 14 Caprice of Stimuli to Treats.jpg (150 KB, 310x810) Image search: [Google]
14 Caprice of Stimuli to Treats.jpg
150 KB, 310x810
>>26878536
But passion is largely and foremost a matter of surplus strength i.e. a Machoke’s power belt, violent stimulation i.e. an Electrode’s agitation towards a Pester Ball, and the lust of possession i.e a Sableye’s inner necessity to acquire gems, all of which are steadily and gradually worn down by a steady and gradual drain on surplus strength (there is little need to improve your strength and leadership in Pokémon training once you have already reached the horizon), the supervening of gradual callousness and indifference through the repetition of similar stimuli (Ash’s continual and seemingly psychotic energy and surprise at every Pokémon he catches, every battle he loses, and every Team Rocket contraption he bears witness to can hold no relation to any great or powerful person, but only to those with weak will, low spirit and ambitions), and / or , the consciousness of holding definitely, or rather indefinitely, the goal originally coveted (in this case, the prospect of Ash winning the Grand Tournament with Greninja, both satisfying their now emaciated, drawn out, and haggard desires)

Desire also, by being fulfilled and gratified, is stilled. The best cure for desire, errant or otherwise, is precisely gratification. But a cure is hardly what is desired or anticipated by the ambitious child, Pokémon, etc. That is why the world's greatest stories of either romance, passion, or ambition— those of The Divine Comedy, Romeo and Juliet, and The Sorrows of Young Werther — are all stories of a longing passion that was never fulfilled. In poetry and fiction, as in life, it is felt that for a great aspiration or romance to remain at its loftiest level of passion and desire, the individual or couple enacting it must never have a single opportunity to wholly and absolutely succeed at their divine goal.
>>
>>26878544
With regard to the desire for power, which, despite the foolish and romantic claims of “friendship” and “exploration” and “learning” as the main drivers of Ash’s journey, or of Greninja’s desire to arduously train before and after he was booted from his posse, and to follow Ash in a state of quasi-submission, still accounts for more than half the savor of the relationship between Ash and Greninja, which is surely seriously impaired by the concept of Synchro evolutions as found within the recent “fusion” of master and slave, that the body of a prepubescent, underdeveloped, and surely far from optimal health, can merge its metaphysical fibers with the arduously trained warrior, whose body (as far as a lanky yet bulbous Greninja may proceed in, at this regard) is bred and itself which enjoins cohabitation as a duty upon the parties to a social contract.

Thus the indefinite continuance of the emotion which first lead a friendship, between humans or with a Pokémon, to unite, and the sine die of the delights of the early fulfillments of their wants, are bound, as it were, with calculable certainty to become impossible. But this makes any realistic relationship (to show how romantic and completely absurd the bond between Ash and Greninja, even with caprice aside) exceedingly difficult, and one which, far from abstracting a hopeful promise of happiness, is very much more probable to develop into a certain and inevitable guarantee of petty, negative and most tiring differences.
>>
>>26878550
To reply to these objections that there is a "love" that transcends all these difficulties, may sound pleasant, charming, and above all, good natured, but it is hardly candid or evident. For as stated before, the possibility of the creation and lasting of this rare kind of love (a sudden shift without clear justification, despite a lack of direct passion during the early stages of the companionship) does not justify us in making the concept, the desires, the needs, the promises, the problems, and the desired outcomes of friendship and leadership a white lie, a penny dreadful, bastard, or a burlesque for the majority of those who enjoy Pokémon.
>>
Just admit you love him
>>
>>26878557
Consequently, Greninja openly attacked, repudiated, and degenerated the conventional dramatic media style of passion, plot, and psychology, making it appear as if the ideally fluid and expressive cells of animation (now, In the Pokémon anime, as repetitive and choppy digitals of animation) were only a glorified Romantic and Pietist coliseum, in which men and Pokémon alike floored each other in the battlefield and chopped logic in the town centers at least twice every five minutes by ingenious yet obviously specious and unsubstantial battling tactics.

But in all this muddle of emotions, desires, and will, it should never be forgotten that Greninja was at bottom surveying and appealing to, certainly in a method that attempted to appear as a new and fresh relief to those Pokémon fans with a drought of “meaningful” characteristics in a Pokémon, sentiments which were already accepted, if not of paramount importance, to hundreds of thousands of Pokémon consumers already. Nor was its conception of the Pokémon as a means of surveying and taking advantage of the currents of the dispossessed and tasteless anime fans of the straightaway that forcibly clamored for their own superficial notion of a Byronic hero or a Don Juan- a sort of noble figure with both an austere theme accompanied with a figure of subsidiary levity- wholly an innovation. Even Lucario had done it before Greninja, and with far more (albeit still pitiable) consummate art.
>>
>>26878567
From the middle and end of the Fourth Generation, the fans had gradually been growing more and more openly aware and conscious of the growing pains and insolences regarded in overdesigning by color, feature, and personality (It is beyond me that some people will regard Greninja as adequately designed with necessary restraint). Even those who still clung to their privileges and advantages were secretly all more or less convinced believers of this Fabian and Lettrist dogma, although they might profess Classical loyalties. When therefore, a designer or an anime writer appeared who happened also to be a close and intimate friend of both Expressionist and Surrealist artists, he could not, when he began to stage these Fabian conversations and encounters, be looked upon as a voice crying alone and distantly in the wilderness.

And the same is true of making every Pokémon cute and its head larger, eyes larger, etc., and especially regarding Pokémon whom people demand a second element, a quirk or trait directly at odds with their own appearance and their own manner of lifestyle, not for the means of creating a deep and complex character, which I must digress from the main point of this discourse to say that some of the simplest and least layered characters, i.e. Winston Smith, Marlow, Meursault, or Siegfried, whose few traits or characteristics were deep enough in themselves, or their connection to one another so profound in forming an innovative and novel approach towards perceiving a situation or environment, allowed them to engage with the events of their respective plots to form such interesting interactions and form such meaningful concepts that their own simplicity and consistent and concordant harmony and equilibrium within their character traits does not render them one-dimensional in any regard, nor the ideas they produce.

>>26878565
But that would go against my aesthetic and social philosophy.
>>
>>26878576
From at least the seventies of the last century to the date of the first production of Pokémon X and Y, the anime series, Cartesian Materialism had been scoring ever greater and wider victories. A designer who therefore did not mind playing snakes and ladders with history, biology, psychology, philosophy, and even probability, in order to press these Romantic-Impressionistic claims further home, could not have expected to meet with deaf ears. He was not blazing a new trail. He was merely heaping fuel on a fire which was already a Japanese, if not a first-world conflagration. And behind him, he had all the vanities, complexes, and secret hatreds and aspirations of the most dedicated watchers, players, and supporters in the world — the perverted and bitter cheats and posers of Deviantart.
It is here, that critics of Greninja, like the present author, reveal a misunderstanding the roots of its resounding success. For instance, it is customary for anyone regarding Greninja, whether with eulogy or contempt, that they mention to its credit that it was its dual nature of the protection of its loved ones, whether kind or fierce, awkward or slick, that won Greninja its audience, who in themselves would wish to implement their own personal conceptions of themselves onto what appeared to be a loftier and nobler species than them, like a child sticking his head into a cutout of a Medieval knight.
>>
>>26878586
But does anyone consider that this identical nature, even when raised to greater potency and subtlety, as it was in times past with Sceptile or Serperior for instance, would succeed its legacy at the turn of the Generation VI, if it had used it as if either of the two did in a more clear-headed and less sophistical age, to decry and disdain rather than to defend and demonstrate this Cognitive and Behavioral Dualism? It was by the exaggeration of Foundationalist sophistries (exaggeration being one of the best weapons of the modern designer) that Greninja won the hearts and souls of the vast multitude of Japanese, American, and European players — the children.

Ergo, It is idle and stupid to claim that Greninja, or its designers, innovated or perpetuated at all. I am certain that such a personality of Greninja’s, almost entirely unaware of the sweeping and immense forces that were impelling him to the top, and, giving it the benefit of the doubt regarding its position as a frog, while also deeply aware and conscious of its weakness, would be profoundly astonished, overwhelmed, and disconcerted by the sheer magnitude and utter intensity of his influence and support.
>>
>>26878600
Thus Greninja, as his popularity became known, made its name as a warrior, a gentleman, a friend, a sneak, and a buffoon, chiefly owing to the immense energy that has been formed by its designers to put into the demonstration of opinions and errant ideas that were either already popular, or by which the crude and motley novelty had already been mitigated or attenuated by earlier and more fleshed out Pokepioneers. Nor did Greninja ever accomplish any task, goal, external ordering or introspective analysis in the spirit of a true character of folklore, in a manner calculated to make itself an enduring work of art with a specific appeal.

Greninja was, in fact, committed by its weaknesses to a form which had to subsist off of seducing its public by sheer persuasion of applying itself to the uninspired and base demands of the consumers. Greninja was only a noble and admirable character to the extent of having at its finger-tips the whole gamut of characteristics, guile, and histrionics of the successful and self-preservative capitalist.
>>
Isn't this the dude that was caught molesting his Greninja plush?
>>
>>26878625
Now there is an instinctive inclination in every reader, watcher, or player to identify himself or herself with the picture of humanity, of nature, of society, and of the creatures (regarding their anthropomorphic traits) presented to him or her in the book, show, or video game that he or she happens to be perusing, whether it be a game of fantasy, a comedic show about awkward and ridiculous situations, a children’s game or book to captivate and to educate their young, supple, and imprintable minds, a documentary about the wilderness and the creatures that reside in it, or a realistic book set to ponder upon the philosophy, the psychology, and the reasoning of the world around us, and our instinctual reactions to them, positive or negative.

Naturally enough, therefore, he or she is exposed to the severest and most disconcerting shocks if at every turn, curveball, or plot element, he or she is prevented from idealizing and exalting his own familiar and conscious nature, or from thinking too well or highly of it, owing to the fact that the picture he is presented with and then contemplating is far too humiliating to be pleasant, and yet too captivating or convincing, however specious or refutable it may be when exposed to a larger and deeper understanding of its respective subject, to be lightly rejected.
>>
>>26878642

I will say without meekness that the bulk of modern Pokémon players, especially those how have continued to play and talk about the game long after their childhood, are plagued with some form of autism. This fact, all too well known to the game developers and publishers, is quite poorly understood if we try to regard its influence on taste and quality in merchandise and design production. For not only does Greninja attempt to reveal the trait common to all watchers of the anime or players of the game- a tendency to identify themselves with any or multiple notable characters of the anime, game, etc. (beyond the player’s protagonist, of course), or with the portrait of humanity portrayed in a rationalistic or fantastical treatise- but they are also addicted to the practice of confounding that which is ideal, comfortable, and pleasant to themselves with that which is necessary and true. Thus in the autistic player or watcher, there is a doublefold tendency to be able to tolerate or to even applaud blatant hypocrisy, speciousness, superficiality, and / or cant.

For, on the one hand, they must view truth and achievement hedonistically, and, on the other hand, they must feel deep discomfort, either when they find themselves unable, through their false idealization of themselves, their motives, and the latter two in regards to the Pokémon or character that they must project themselves towards, in order to identify themselves with the deep, intellectual, meaningful, and, ultimately, contrary portrayal of a certain hero or heroine (The Marowak during the trainer battle before the Kanto Elite Four in the anime, for instance), or, when they find themselves reading of human nature, or worldly phenomena, which is based upon their idealized reading of themselves and their own specific environment, affronted and sent to the hull by a picture of humanity which shatters their rose-tinted view.
>>
I hate Greninja too but I hate Delphox more.
>>
I'd ask "what the fuck am I reading", but I didn't read any of of this shit, and I'm pretty sure I don't need to in order to know it's concentrated autism.
>>
>>26878657
If we regard this to Greninja, and see its relation to the modern, popular, and mostly unfortunate demands of the healthy and most commonly wealthy men and girls, which are spoilt by foolish fads and contemporary prejudices, not helped by Game Freak’s mentality of catering to these superficial demands to propagate sales and support rather than to elevate their taste and their capacity for wise judgement, that misguide them in this paramountly important criticism of the partner and companion with whom they are confronted by.

It is then that we can observe that the only real means of making this vapid personality a figure of note and of inspiration to those viewers and their massive proportion of children, is to provide the same measures applied to the perhaps equally superficial and flat character of Ash, that is, to provide the creature with numerous artificial and forced environments of tension, of battle, and of strife, engaging with a variety of equally weak typed or weak willed rivals upon an inconsistent terrain of various climes, each differing only by the manner in which it may provide an effectual display of lights, tricks, and destruction. By doing this, Greninja, the rootless and jellyfish-like essence of wavering in the wind, being swept away by a torrential downpour, or perhaps following the crowd upon their cheap, mindless, and “unanimous” decisions, can provide a landslide of various light shows and magic tricks upon this muddy and continually shifting ground of clime.
>>
>>26878661
Just like a bourgeois member of the leisure class displays his gift of wealth, or of acquiring it, through gaudy displays of pretentious and materially rare treasures, each designed to captivate only those friends who lack the taste to discern the actual relationship or meaning of it as a symbol of capital rather than as a representation of beauty and noble pride, Greninja utilizes his gifts of combat and of stealth to create ostentatious and displays of color, of size, and of conspicuous, misguided power, found with the butterfly wings of water, the colossal shuriken of fire, breakneck speeds, and the novel frozen shurikens as ice skates.

Such knacks can only be good at trying to substitute the mastery of form and art of a beautifully planned and executed attack, or a silent and humble, yet cunning and clever shadow strike, by replacing it with mere size and flash. There are causes enough in all conscience, which are at work to-day, compassing the doom of the modern child’s intelligence and taste, but this principle of the omnipotence of size and what brings awe alone is surely the most potent of all. Such extravagant displays of offensive capacity can only ever tickle the fancy of its spectators, but never the sense of beauty, of actual practicality, of intellect, nor of the passion, the feeling of witnessing an almighty and exceptional being within their midst.

>>26878661
This kind of autism can only benefit you.
>>
>>26878675
The best of the ancients, the best Taiko generals, even the most humble ninja clans would have laughed at the entirely materialistic notion that the mere scope and weight behind a tactic or an assault, or a judgment, was sufficient to consider - nay, execute that measure, policy or judgment in regard to intellectual, leadership, political, or individual decisions.

But to-day, with absolute sincerity and influence, with unagitatable calm and conviction, they leave may leave the moral judgments of the best and the most capable of leadership and deep thought, their intellectual discoveries, philosophies, and conclusions, their hard thought out plans and policies to take care of us and them, and all we do is to weigh objects, find their height by tape measure, or render it in a photometer to discover its luminosity and brightness.
>>
>>26878692
With a note on speed in particular, it may be said that bustle and hurry to nowhere, to nothing, was arrested neither by Greninja nor Ash. On the contrary, frantic, hectic, and sublimely meaningless haste became the order of the battle. Ash nor Greninja never halted to think or to plan; they only just followed the shortest road to the main chance of victory. Prophetic views, views concerning the consequences of the charge and the future of the battle, began to yield before the immediate and extant concern about the quickest trick, the most opportune ruse, wherewith Greninja could outwit or oust its rival. As the season progressed, Greninja’s motion became more rapid; the very increase of motion began to be looked upon as a “superior means of battle and of overwhelming the opponent” and to deny this was commensurate to confessing oneself as indolent or imprudent.

Every one today, as reflection of this depraved notion, supposes that what they are doing is always and essentially “doing more” because they can move through common and meagre tasks at a more rapid pace than through sober meditation and intellectual connections and ordering of these plans. Whereas it would be far closer the truth to say that we accomplish less and with less success, because our nervous energy and vitality are being critically crippled by the rush and whirl of ceaseless uninstinctual motion.
>>
"You have to PROVE your opinion and DISPROVE mine instead of just saying 'I like this, you don't, it's just our opinions'"
I don't even like Greninja, I'm rather indifferent about it.
>>
File: 1368486647682.png (149 KB, 450x418) Image search: [Google]
1368486647682.png
149 KB, 450x418
OP what the fuck dude
>>
>>26878701
Everybody who supported Greninja and its influence applauded, everybody got drunk and senseless with the mere sensation of speed — until nothing became too stupid, too preposterous, too brazen or too insane for the game makers or anime writers of Pokémon to think or to do. Hedonism of intellect and artistry, blatant and unscrupulous, was left as the refuge of the designers — and to the consumers.

The scales can descend to the left or to the right, the larger number of bodies or weight shouting "sure" have it — and the wisdom even of an Alakazam is cast carelessly on the hay stack. An Arceus, or Mew themselves could not contend or argue with any hope of success with this absolutely materialistic method of differentiating desire from disgust in doctrine and policy by the measure of a butcher's scales; but think of the debasing effect of the method upon those whose bodies, tasks, tactics, or unique thoughts only are weighed and whose judgment is then ignored, whose capacity for judgment is then ignored!

Think of the bottomless stupidity of the laughter of the Greninja, Charizard, or Lucario supporters when their meagre "arm-in-arm-together" opposition can outweigh the profound utterances of a practiced, tried and true, discriminating and, above all, tasteful thinker! What respect can they have for Arceus or man, for traditions or ponderance, for beauty or real and benevolent power, when this weighing of meat, this literal reckoning and sacred heeding of the size, number, weight, and / or quantity of mere carcasses, of lumens, of bones, flesh, photons, and blood, becomes the one and only criterion, the definitive and inequivocable test of superior prophesizing, planning, devising, selecting, rejecting, and executing!
>>
>>26878715
Imagine such a Greninja as Ash’s, with all of its talents, personality quirks, experiences, education, and relationships miraculously being transported to traditional Japan to a secluded and humble, yet happy, gleeful, and prosperous ninja village, attempting to enter their clan with the horribly misguided notion that mere size, mere scope, mere power, without refinement, wit, or deliberation, can win their reclusive and independent hearts to include him into their community, their customs, and their common goal, outlook, philosophy, mentality, allies, and enemies, tries to form one of his offensive lightshows upon the commons where the elder and sage leaders of the village may witness and judge it.

Not only would these aged, experienced, and wise ancients be baffled by the conception that such a wasteful, inefficient, and mindless attack could ever disable or kill any target of the group, but they would be utterly enraged at the absurdity of the spectacle. A firework display in the midst of gruella warfare, no less of the ninja’s talent and domain? An elephant to cross upon the aged wooden bridge, or to sneak across the side of a shadow shrouded temple? A giraffe to accompany one within the Maki-do Caves? And above all, the prospect of converting the more imprintable, and the more easily influenced children or students of the village to attempt to train and master this tasteless endeavor in battle or in thievery?

Rubbish! All of it nonsensical rubbish! No more sensual or less dangerous than granting the clumsy or crippled invalid the privilege of executing the group committed theft, the child of planning out the tactics for executing such a feat, or the narcissistic, self-invested capitalist of taking control of the laws and tone of the village!
>>
File: 29 Rejected by the Noble Sages.png (122 KB, 1040x467) Image search: [Google]
29 Rejected by the Noble Sages.png
122 KB, 1040x467
>>26878719
Such a brazen and detrimental attempt of policy must be exiled- no! it must be destroyed! And the wise and dominant patriarchs of the village, fully aware of the decay and decadence that could come of such a mindset, orders that the frog be carried away and imprisoned by the strongest leaders, and in the town center, be mutilated, humiliated, and ultimately executed, if only to make an example of the undesirability of such a wretched creature! They would demand that all come to see the spectacle, hand each towns men their wooden rods and shoes to have a go at beating, condemning, and spitting on the foreigner, the inter-herd ninja.

Greninja will have very little say or direction in the matter- his independence is emaciated from the cloying compliments and coddling compassion of Ash, and his capacity for moves are only relegated to his leader by means of body synchronization- that he, a child, to say the least, must direct Greninja’s body by himself in order to allow for these powerful attacks and tactics, never mind Ash, or any teacher as a matter of fact, trying to educate Greninja normally or even by the doctrine of experience. And his attacks, as enumerated above, have little more than flamboyant flare or heat when put up against the cunning and deceitful instinct of the true and traditional ninja. As a rule, no brute, no matter how well equipped, can deal with the man, or the team, who can devise, plan, and order his actions and attacks to their own prey.
>>
>>26878730
Is this execution barbarous by any reasonable standard? Absolutely not! Why? Because Greninja had sinned against a divine and uniting precept. Those leaders of the flourishing village, had taught independently that most valuable attack is the one that is cast in the shadows, growing in form and simplified in task, until it is ready to step into the light, if only for even a fraction of a second, to complete its mission. This, then, was a law of the village’s success in itself. To flout the wise bidding and desire of prosperity in life is, as I have said in the early part of this discussion, rank and rancid blasphemy. And blasphemy of that sort deserves death even more than homicide does, because it brings immanent jeopardy not only the life of one man, or one village, but the life of a whole nation, a whole culture.

You may argue that the Ash riddled Greninja was ignorant of the specific customs and manners of this aloof village, and had different manners, methods, and customs in its own home and team. But this only makes the matter far worse; for it means that instead of being only a single isolated dangerous, histrionic, and blaspheming barbarian, it must hail from a land, a species, and a culture teeming with such blaspheming barbarians, otherwise they would have learnt, or have had it developed hereditarily within them, that fundamental principle of prosperity and success at home. The sooner the lone such dangerous creature was killed, therefore, the better for the village, the clan, and its happiness.
>>
File: 1466446273976.png (3 MB, 1337x4000) Image search: [Google]
1466446273976.png
3 MB, 1337x4000
Yeah this is the guy who molested his Greninja plush and like every sperglord ever started harboring an irrational hatred toward it because of the bullying
>>
File: 31 Scared of Its Own Clan.png (343 KB, 587x403) Image search: [Google]
31 Scared of Its Own Clan.png
343 KB, 587x403
>>26878742
The Japanese burden-bearer and ninja was accustomed to live in a village, a country, and a culture where some true rulership and spirituality was rife; he, therefore, felt justified in enforcing and utilizing that principle of flourishing and fulfilled life which reads, in a nutshell "Respect the shadows". The Greninja, on the other hand, came from a world and was raised by a teacher where creating the most immediately awe striking and histrionic exhibit, no matter how ridiculous it was practically or in concept, went hand in hand with brutal victory for them in battle, in dialect, in climbing the ladder. The entirety of the species of Greninja were, ergo, dangerous; the blood of millions of noble and patriotic warrior Pokémon lead or influenced by their mentality and innate tactics was likely already on his species’ hands before they touched that ninja village, and it would be only right that the lone Greninja should be slaughtered like the blasphemer it was.
>>
>Anti-Game Freak bitches will defend this at some point in the future

>Instead of spreading love for Klefki's design
>>
>>26878751
Historical fact shows that the possible degeneration of this characteristic and uniting means of benevolent and dedicated leadership is prominent in every great country that has ever graced the face of the Earth, with Japan being no exception. If we watch the rise and fall of the noble and aristocratic Fujiwara family in Japan during the Heian Jidai (Epoch) (from the end of the 8th to the middle of the 12th centuries), we find that their decline, at the close of this sprawling and once prosperous epoch, was due to the fact that, at the acme of their power and greatness, they had foolishly allowed their defense of tenure of power to any foreign or incompatible visitor or influence independent of all qualifications or means to exercise it, with the consequence that, after a number of generations, during which they admittedly produced many geniuses, they, and the villagers whom they had granted the culture of the nation by means of tone setting, demonstration, and legislature had ultimately ceased to possess any proper qualifications whatever.

In this way, when their privileges were challenged and eventually usurped by the rising military and sacerdotal clans of the outer provinces, they were as powerless to defend them as the former ancient patriarchal families had been to defend their own besotted ground, at the time when the Fujiwara themselves had been the warriors, the conquerors, and the usurpers.
>>
>>26878773
These military clans, however, whose highest caste were the of the bushi or samurai, certainly did not follow the demonstration of their predecessors in power, in so far as individual training and cooperative discipline was concerned. On the contrary, as a strict hierarchy of warriors, their mutual supervision and punishing influence was of the severest degree. We are told that a Japanese Shinto classic of the 17th century was able to lay down as an axiom that "it is impossible for an evil-hearted man to retain possession of a famous sword," and in every respect the Bushi-Do, in other words, the way of the warrior, was by all means and qualifications a way which was, by definition, the very reverse of smooth and easy-going in any element, clime, or period of life.

Truth and the most relentless and restricted self-control seem to have been expected from all who claimed the ownership and privilege of the bushi's or samurai's sword, and these virtues were practiced with such persistence and steadfastness, that they gradually became the characteristics of unity and culture for the whole nation.

Captain F. Brinkley, speaking of the bushi's and samurai's domestic morality, in his excellent and thoughtful, “Japan, Its History, Art, and Literature”, observes: "This doctrine of truthfulness, for the sake of the matter and spirit of uncompromising manliness, social order, and permanence of strength and principle, permeated society thoroughly throughout. In the 17th century, the promise to pay back a debt took the form not of the threatening of foreclosure of property, but of a contract that failure to pay would be to essentially forfeit the debtor's title of manhood. To this extent are a body of leaders and their followers able, if they choose, to establish an ideal, and a lofty, utile, and beneficial course of conduct for a whole people!

>>26878746
I have no relation to this Anon.
>>
>>26878777
Captain Brinkley than moves on to point out, “The Bushi was essentially a stoic. He made self-control the ideal of his existence, and practiced the courageous endurance of suffering so thoroughly that he could without hesitation inflict on his own body pain of the severest description”.

Do I really need to point out how far removed this proud and prosperous percept is from the current unmanly, weak, and decadent anime culture present in today’s diseased and contagious Japan? Can Greninja, the Pokémon with such a meagre defense in anime and in gameplay be able to step up to this necessary step to becoming a defender and conqueror at heart, akin the fragile constitution of the human being?
>>
>>26878785
When faced with this percept alone in regards to the aspects of Greninja as a character, we have already noted the levity displayed by means of its ostentaneous displays and its unnecessarily flamboyant acrobatics while in fierce and dire combat, but what about the body of Greninja? As most Greninja fans have witnessed through faart and / or by mere deduction of principles, Greninja’s unwieldy tongue has a principle weakness- this sensation. Who knows how many horrid tastes, odors, and spoilt diseases has graced this wicked tongue through mere contact with the wilderness, combatants, or, the most crippling of all, by enemy trickery?

This giant tongue, once again flashy and ostentaneous in display like any other element of Greninja’s combat moves, can truly represent a primary function of how body and mind are ever connected in ever lofty and meaningful regard. With what ability can a Greninja round the corner when it insists upon keeping its wavering and listless tongue out by unrelinquishable instinct, to be swept by the wind into enemy sights, to be unable to fit within the tight confines of a blind spot of guards, to not be an obstruction to the equilibrium and precision of the creature in silent movement, or to be used as a paralyzer by any rational and aggressive opponent?

Even Greninja’s largest advocates draw out this fatal flaw- through means of “humor”- to have the wily, sneaky, deceitful, silent, and calculating creator be thwarted by the hot sauce, the mud puddle, the icy pole, or the urine puddle of an opposing Pokémon, a malicious member of one’s own species, a mere villager, or even the basic element of the forest. By this means, it is impossible for the Pokémon to have any of its mastery or possible talent be displayed when its own instinct for historicism prevents him from receding in its most colorful spot, its most distinct and notice attracting feature, its most vulnerable spot, and essentially, its marketability.
>>
>>26878793
Only by means of an internal faculty or experience can a Greninja, by means of the Bushi-do, learn to seek and embrace pain so that they may tolerate it to the utmost degree, and continue barraging at the twisted confusion of the opposing warrior, who has given his all and to no avail. Perhaps Greninja has learned to deny its taste buds the sensation of good food and drink by dulling its senses, or by practicing consistently using a menus akin to poison tolerance to allow it to become numb and dull in sensation. But this does not do anything to help any of the other weaknesses, and in fact, the odd sensation of the numbness of the tongue would only magnify the trouble of dealing with these other issues. And how can we really suggest that they have taken this measure considering the obstruction of any instances of either possibility within the anime, or the continued permutation of this one-trick pony of a joke?

And is it not ironic that they would cast the scarf, the part whose significant feature was to conceal the thoughts, emotions, and plans of the ninja by hiding the facial features, and thus body language, of the ninja, becomes not only the most distinct and noticeable part of the Greninja, but also its most sensitive part to external stimuli, and especially in regard to body language and instinctual spasms, doomed to give away the cover of any frog doomed to be in the presence of someone with at least the watchfulness of a drunk bodyguard?
>>
>>26878802
Even if the designers try to remove the tongue for a brief respite of consistency with the ninja mentality, they would have to deal with the grotesque, chummy, and desolate expanse of skin, flesh, and height that encompasses the ugly and unsightly portion of the Pokémon’s neck, mouth, and lower jaw, with somehow less grace, sympathy, or pleasantness than a standard frog or toad. Perhaps this is the only feat of artistry committed, in trying to hide this sickly feature from sight and mind- albeit a mediocre one nevertheless.

I am only too eager to display and enumerate for you all how the concept of a “beautiful spirit” or of “what’s on the inside that counts” or a “soul that redeems the spirit” is ultimately probably the most pretentious, stupid, perfunctory, dogmatic, ignoble, and above all, destructive “maxim” to have ever reared its ugly head upon the face of humanity ever since the petty, glib and depraved Socrates uttered it to hide his grotesque face under a metaphysical and “spiritual” cloud of sleight. To be brief, I will quote one of Herbert Spencer’s essays where he wisely stated "the saying that beauty is but skin deep, is but a skin-deep saying". Perhaps I will elaborate on this in greater detail at a later time.

The only solution, then, is to ignore the absurdity altogether.
>>
>>26878810
Thus, by means of connecting this brazen histrionic display of conspicuous flare in conjunction with Greninja’s other facial and bodily facets meant solely for attraction and ticking the uncultured fancy, we can begin to realize that the, to quote my earlier presentation:

> ”[Greninja bears] errant head triangles and misdirected eye-stalks embracing each other as if to gain strength upon each other’s lack of independence, its flat nubbed toes and fingers grooved and striped to spread out like a fan, its 2D elements juxtaposed directly to the 3D model and its clash of blue, white-yellow (which reminds me of a pale anemic of Puritan times), and red displaying a nervous, neurotic, and hyperactive yet subdued image trying desperately to thrust itself at you, its wart bubbles jetting out at variance with one another(At least the shiny form of this creature mitigates this somewhat with its uniform darkness, a clear copout from an actual arrangement of color that may actually please the eye, but Greninja is a Pokémon for hiding, not letting itself be seen, so perhaps no matter to the design could be justified had Game Freak not let its image define nearly aspect of the Pokémon and its relation to the fanbase), and its groin/tail spike with the narrow and reed-like shins struggling against the crushing pressure of the inutile and obstructive thighs bearing the blatant symbolism of its ninja inspiration (as if they had to make it obvious that the actual design alone could not clearly convey this presentation) and the unbalanced and unwieldy feat of asymmetry; all these strive for individual effect, individual attention, and individual value, with a restlessness and an importunacy which knows no limits; until your eyes, bewildered and dazzled by the jutting, projecting and budding details, and startled by surprise, instinctively drop at last, and perhaps close in a paroxysm of despair, before the importune starter.”
>>
>>26878816
And this style, by connection to the displays mentioned above, essentially indict the miserable creature into having every harmonious element of the body and mind be comprised of this horrid passion for display, for show, for attention- the three elements incompatible with any physical or spiritual feature of the humble and noble ninja! Thus, any attempt by any fan of Greninja to try and excuse its discordant and muddled mess of a figure with its personality, or by doing the converse by trying to compensate for its incompatibly flamboyant, inefficacious, and ultimately harmful personality with its looks, is merely a shallow attempt to try and cover up a single portion of the mess by attaching an equally representative portion to the front of the creature, followed by a vain and futile attempt to try and ignore the ultimate relationship between the two traits.

Fans will reply: "But surely a Pokémon and its designer is entitled to use anything that comes to hand or mind in order to entertain his audience — even the most absurd thoughts of the most wicked men!"

Perhaps so! But then do not let us speak of Greninja as the "redemption of Pokémon", the "Number One", the "proof of karmatic and immanent justice within the universe", as many recently have done. To be blinded to this extent by material and popular success and by the fact that a Pokémon’s name has, for the last three years, been constantly in the headlines of our media and our video game press, may be typical of modernity and of bourgeois decadence, but it is hardly reasonable or sane.
>>
>>26878822
De mortuis nil nisi bonum! This can surely only apply to character, which, in Greninja’s case, had few admirable aspects. For one thing, excepting its implied advocacy of a reformed direction for design and personality, it hardly ever left the straight paths outlined for him by its Pokémon or cultures of inspiration. It mixed them up discordantly, as his amalgamation of Sceptile, Samurott, and Serperior, it never innovated beyond them as many more vain artists or corporate executives well versed in rationalism might have done.

The sentiment expressed in this hackneyed and high-falutin’ Latin tag, however, does not forbid a discerning, inspecting, and lucid attempt at estimating the value of a Pokémon and its influence upon the consumers. And, as to this influence of Greninja’s, let it be said once more, if it lives beyond the Sixth Generation at all, it will do so more as a profound milestone in the history of merchandising than as an artistic opus, timeless, perpetual, universal, and perpetually and eternally precious.

Moreover, there is little doubt that he laid a firm foundation for the form of Pokémon creation and inspiration, which is preponderating stage-driven rather than doctrinally intellectual and merely profound or psychological. But just as the critics of Gen IV did an ill-service to their age to its good and meaningful Pokémon as well as to those it exorbitantly praised, by immoderately glorifying such Pokémon as Lucario, Weavile, etc., so the critics of our present generation, who, in their idolatry of success per se, exalt Greninja to the stature of Ampharos, Mewtwo, and Tyranitar, are doing not only their future Pokémon designs, but also contemporary art, philosophy, thought, and taste — not to mention even Greninja itself — a grave misdeed.
>>
>>26878830
Lastly, I need hardly say that I heartily disapprove of the notion that exalting a mediocre being or design will be beneficial to anyone, even itself. For there is absolutely no need for Greninja to rise above mediocrity. There is nothing disreputable in mediocrity per se, for mediocrity simply wants to be preserved against its own errors and mistakes in taste and judgement; it does not want to rise above itself — the idea is romantic and absurd! All it requires is to have its lack of proper design and character be supplemented from higher and superior Pokémon.

Thus, although in the forceful and shifting waves of the present rapid river of Greninja as a Pokémon and a mascot, this may seem much rather like a dam, it is hoped that some readers at least will appreciate the fact that when the torrent of enthusiasm become so wild as to threaten to redirect itself toward every one's houses and foundations, it may not be too otiose to attempt to calm down the current, even if the attempt may appear to like an effort to cut it off and drain it entirely.
>>
>>26878841
I shall conclude this discourse with a final poem that characterizes the perhaps ideal method of such a creation, as well as the absurdity of the actual product-

THE DEATH OF A TOAD

A toad the power mower caught,
Chewed and clipped of a leg, with a hobbling hop has got
To the garden verge, and sanctuaried him
Under the cineraria leaves, in the shade
Of the ashen and heartshaped leaves, in a dim,
Low, and a final glade.

The rare original heartsblood goes,
Spends in the earthen hide, in the folds and wizenings, flows
In the gutters of the banked and staring eyes. He lies
As still as if he would return to stone,
And soundlessly attending, dies
Toward some deep monotone,

Toward misted and ebullient seas
And cooling shores, toward lost Amphibia's emperies.
Day dwindles, drowning and at length is gone
In the wide and antique eyes, which still appear
To watch, across the castrate lawn,
The haggard daylight steer.

-Richard Wilbur

Once again, I give my sincerest thanks to all those who have read even partially into what I have to say. Even a single change of heart is enough to justify my effort.
>>
File: The Truth.png (65 KB, 1341x498) Image search: [Google]
The Truth.png
65 KB, 1341x498
>>26878565
>>26878746
Never forget
>>
File: 1449778546393.jpg (30 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1449778546393.jpg
30 KB, 600x450
why do you touch frogs

don't touch dat boi
>>
even if this is just a joke this is still the most pathetic thing I've ever seen in my life
>>
>this entire thread
>those filenames
>all that autism
please someone screencap this including the filenames and then fuse it with the previous screencap
>>
>>26878384
>asking the mods anything
>this shit has become a general
>it isn't stopping
What the fuck. I thought OP couldn't bump his own threads. What kind of fucking plague has been brought here?
>>
What is going on right now?
>>
<mfw no one actually reads this whole shit
>>
>>26878384
>I will not try to force this thread anymore
lol
>>
>>26878384
>deep, profound, and intellectual hatred
Apparently hatred towards a fictional character is the smart thing to do now?

>>26878887
Ah. That makes sense.
>>
what the fuck is wrong with you
>>
Is this the new Greninja thread?
>>
If you were in my English class this would get you a C+
>>
A human being wrote this shit.

How the fuck?
>>
File: 1449481464356.png (359 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1449481464356.png
359 KB, 600x800
tldr

What the fuck was OP babbling on about?
>>
>>26879202
OP of that image here, I'll do it after i wake up

I'll start a cringe thread or post in an active one when i make it
>>
OP I think you may have an unhealthy obsession with Greninja.

You should probably talk to your therapist about it instead of sharing it with this Taiwanese animal hoarding board
>>
I just came here hoping for some delicious submissive phat-thighs Greninja porn.

What the fuck happened?
>>
>>26879832
Honestly I felt like this was trying rven moreso to run this through a mental thesaurus than the last just based on the first paragraph. "Nonmilitant" really doesn't work in context even if the technical meaning makes sense. I read the entire last batch but I honestly can't give a shit to do it again when the last one was just an extended version of complaints people will always give about Greninja with the addition of shit about its personality and etc. not matching a ninja motif.
>>
>>26880130
The artist you are thinking of is called type.
>>
>>26880148
Thankyou sweetheart
>>
There must be SOME kind of ulterior motive for this intricately expressed hatred you have towards Greninja OP... I mean, there has to, right? Just give me something here, appealing to someone of your very well expressed logical/intellectual standards (at least towards shitting on Pokemon) must know that writing this much just to, you know, shit on a Pokemon seems absolutely fucking insane, right?

>captcha: please select all "commercial trucks"
>>
>>26880212
The ulterior motive is the next plate of tendies.
>>
>>26880212
This is a popular theory
>>26878887
>>
File: 8e7w8we.png (126 KB, 402x338) Image search: [Google]
8e7w8we.png
126 KB, 402x338
What the fuck is this thread?
>>
File: image.jpg (165 KB, 939x626) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
165 KB, 939x626
You're really something
>>
File: 1466824460147.jpg (43 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
1466824460147.jpg
43 KB, 450x600
>>
>>26879202
>>26880101
Okay, I am not going to go highlight each autistic filename for you and paste them in one by one. Also, the .png was 5MB, so here's the next best format for long-term storage and being passed around.
>>
>>26878384
>A friendly and nonmilitant note to the mods of /vp/:
This is the weakest "Look at me, I'm the captain now" statement since the Titanic tried to teach that iceberg a thing or two about respect.
>>
File: 1434681463316.jpg (22 KB, 431x350) Image search: [Google]
1434681463316.jpg
22 KB, 431x350
Oh great
it's the anti-frog autist again
>>
>>26878384
Just wondering, why do you hate Greninja, OP?
>>
File: Do you really expect me to read.jpg (117 KB, 392x500) Image search: [Google]
Do you really expect me to read.jpg
117 KB, 392x500
>this thread
>>
File: 1466827768887.png (399 KB, 654x654) Image search: [Google]
1466827768887.png
399 KB, 654x654
Holy shit, this again.
>>
File: 1466631871119.gif (2 MB, 497x280) Image search: [Google]
1466631871119.gif
2 MB, 497x280
Op your autism is showing
>>
WHOAG

This is like a shitpost that has gone beyond the realm of ordinary shitposts, it's a mega-evolved Shitpost
>>
>Thread isn't dedicated to Greninja
"Oh, yeah, fuck Greniggers and Greninja and everything about it lololol"

>Thread completely dedicated to hating anything and everything about Greninja
"Woah, bro, calm your autism"
>>
File: xyz.jpg (212 KB, 475x477) Image search: [Google]
xyz.jpg
212 KB, 475x477
Oh dear God, I've seen some cringey shit in my time, but this thread takes the fucking cake.
>>
It's just a fucking pokemon no need to write a study about it.
>>
>>26879942
haters gonna hate the 20+ long post
>>
File: build you cities on them.jpg (51 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
build you cities on them.jpg
51 KB, 499x499
>You'll never build an academic career deciphering and analyzing OP's rambling
>You'll never get a PHD in Autistic Pokemon Sutdies
>>
File: 1463442236014.jpg (80 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1463442236014.jpg
80 KB, 1024x768
I hate Lucario
>>
File: what.jpg (132 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
132 KB, 550x550
this fucking thread

how can you spend so much time writing this shit?
>>
>>26881858
>how can you spend so much time writing this shit?
What is a Liberal Arts Degree?
>>
File: 1461455435015.png (49 KB, 444x287) Image search: [Google]
1461455435015.png
49 KB, 444x287
is anyone actually wasting time reading all this?
>>
>>26881878
Nope. Could be the same three posts copypaste over and over for all I know.
>>
OP, do you just go into the Greninja threads, save all the art, and dump it here?
>>
All together, OP has written at least 60 paragraphs about Greninja alone. And he hates Greninja. I can't even imagine how much he'd have to write about his favorite pokemon.
>>
>>26882282
he's tsundere for the frog
>>
>>26879883
Because my English teacher is a dick.
>>
File: QeGoZuh.png (129 KB, 540x421) Image search: [Google]
QeGoZuh.png
129 KB, 540x421
>>26882282
>OP has written approximately 6000 words in his first essay, enough to write Leibnitz's Monadology, Kipling's Rikki-Tikki-Tavi, The US Constitution, or The Pokemon Movie Script

>OP wrote about 11000 words in this essay, enough to write Schopenhauer's Art of Controversy, Plato's Apology, Sartre's Ex. is a Humanism, The Communist Manifesto, Sophocles' Antigone, or the Bee Movie Script

>These combined is enough to write out Emerson's Nature, Aristotle's Poetics, Camus' Myth of Sisyphus, Shakespeare's Macbeth, or (kek) Aristophanes' The Frogs.

What can I say?
>>
12000 words
He wrote about his autistic problems with a child's video game character in 12000 words.

Lets compound that with the 6500 words he wrote originally. That's 18500 words on the subject.

18500 words, 40 words per minute is the average rate of typing a human generally dose.

This means he spent about 463 minutes on this.

This that is 7.7 hours, not counting any edits. Lets assume that he spent half that time editing for spelling and whatever else he wanted to do. That's 11.5 hours.

Let's assume an 8 hour sleep cycle, a little over because he's obviously not healthy, so 9.5. Now, let's factor in 45 minutes for making and consuming Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner. That's about 2 hours, and if we allow an extra hour for whatever else OP does(travel time between home and taco bell ect..), if we sum up all the time he has, that is 24 hours.

For one ENTIRE day of his existance, OP sat down at a computer, thought to himself how much he hates a video game frog, and proceeded to rip it apart, like how a kitten rips a bag of tinsel apart.

In this day, he could have:
Read a Book
Volunteered for community service
Watched a TV series
Played a Good Game
Talked with Friends
Build relationships
Discover the accomplishment of working with one's hands
Love his family
Gotten Drunk with Good Friends
Gone somewhere new
Watch the rain pitter and patter against the window

But he chose to sit down and write words that only have meaning to him. That will only ever have meaning to him.

OP, I genuinely feel sorry for you. I don't know who hurt you, or what happened, but all I can say is, I'm Sorry.
>>
Oh my god it keeps going.

It reminds me of Mewtwo lovers deeply hating Lucario and Greninja back in the day for becoming so popular and replacing Mewtwo in Smash Bros. Maybe he never got over it?
>>
based op
>>
Reminder that OP IS a frogposter
>>
File: 44608355_p21_master1200.jpg (159 KB, 700x544) Image search: [Google]
44608355_p21_master1200.jpg
159 KB, 700x544
>>26882639
>>26882629

Let me point this out:
>>26878810
>Perhaps I will elaborate on this in greater detail at a later time.

He's still got more up his sleeve.
>>
>>26881811
I already did it once. I thought this one was longer and that was confirmed and after the disappointment of realizing all he was saying in the last one was "his head is ugly, he's aneroxic, his tongue is gross, he doesn't blend like a ninja" and other such shit, I really can't be assed to read this one too. I genuinely thought maybe I would learn something.
>>
File: wbm.jpg (215 KB, 500x1600) Image search: [Google]
wbm.jpg
215 KB, 500x1600
>>26882650
>>
The fact that OP is writing this makes me love greninja even more, I was just getting discouraged about hatching a shiny froakie. Time to keep hatching thanks OP
>>
File: 1440349843755.jpg (164 KB, 836x955) Image search: [Google]
1440349843755.jpg
164 KB, 836x955
*lustful
>>
File: 1457735460858.jpg (42 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1457735460858.jpg
42 KB, 250x250
>This fucking thread
>>
File: 1447302371358.jpg (41 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1447302371358.jpg
41 KB, 500x500
Best water starter ever
>>
Before the previous thread I never looked at Greninja without its tongue-scarf. It's surprising and intriguing how much difference it makes.
>>
>>26883955
>watching the dub
Kill yourself
>>
Would you a female Greninja?
>>
I honestly understand OPs feelings even though I wouldn't go through these kinds of lengths to express my hatred.

Most people wouldn't understand OP because the majority favorites Greninja simply based of design or competitive viability.

Game freak will of course take advantage of this and stuff like the current state of the stagnant pokemon anime is the result.

I honestly wouldn't care less of Greninja being the most popular or whatever else if it didn't completely overshadow every other starter pokemon. Game freak didn't use to be this centralized on popularity contests before and honestly theres no need to focus only on popularity contests either, it brings pretty much nothing to the table except depressed fans who will never get to see their favorite pokemon shine, even if they are the minority.
>>
File: 1445899108162.jpg (196 KB, 690x676) Image search: [Google]
1445899108162.jpg
196 KB, 690x676
>>26884022

We must impregnate all female Greninjas
>>
There's no way that this guy is for real. But there's really no way someone would put this much effort into being ironic, r-right?

Don't know what to think.
>>
File: 1465242110399.jpg (9 KB, 236x306) Image search: [Google]
1465242110399.jpg
9 KB, 236x306
>>26878384
When I came here back in 2013, just about everybody here hated me, so I never came back. Being the ugly "hipster frog" to you I figured that nobody cared where I went, or how low my self-esteem was.

The only reason why I kept going and kept fighting was because I heard stories of how when I would get older, I would be in smash, I would be strong, Ash would love me, my design would be No. 1, and everybody would love me now. This is why I decided to come back here to see if that was true.

But now? When I read this and realized how everything great that they said about my future self is an empty lie, all a lie, it pushed me over the edge.

I can't stand it anymore. I can't deal with myself anymore. I'm sorry I'm such a worthless Pokemon even after all these years. Goodbye.
>>
File: 1459536228817.jpg (213 KB, 1024x789) Image search: [Google]
1459536228817.jpg
213 KB, 1024x789
>>
>>26878384
Who the hell inspired you to make this?

What kind of author, poet, or philosopher would ever advocate this style of writing and topic?
>>
>>26884252
Look at the bright side, you'll never be Chikorita.
>>
File: Deflecting your Attacks on Me.jpg (813 KB, 2365x1897) Image search: [Google]
Deflecting your Attacks on Me.jpg
813 KB, 2365x1897
>>26884568
Some of my favorite thinkers, writers, and philosophers, and the ones I took inspiration from in enumerating my points here, include, from descending significance, Hegel, Freud, Spencer, Spinoza, Burke, Darwin, Hume, Mill, and Marx (His philosophy's OK, just a bit too dry for my taste)

>>26884066
>>26884022
>>26883925
>>26883820
>>26883635
I might consider writing another essay solely on why Greninja would be an undesirable mate, whether as companion or lover, male or female.

>>26882639
>implying I don't do most of the things listed here already
It's like you people somehow think I am psychotically obsessed with Greninja to the point where I have no other function or meaning to my life, despite me having other functioning passions that I exercise daily. I don't need to be sitting alone on my computer in a dark lit room to come up with occasional meaningful ideas that I can write down at any time on a notepad or on my phone. In fact, my best meditations come only when I walk outside, do physical work, read books, or listen to music.

Moreover, Pokemon, or video games as a whole, is far from the only subject I write about.
>>
File: tldr2.gif (3 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
tldr2.gif
3 MB, 320x180
>>26878384
>this thread again
>literally the last thread but even longer
>>
Man, /vp/ shitposters are on a whole other level. Other boards, are you even trying?
>>
>>26885766
OP, could you write about what you like about your favorite pokemon next?
>>
>>26883072

This. We've already been over it. Same shit but drowned in a sea of words.
>>
>>26886343
I mean there was some new stuff in it like criticizing his portrayal in the anime as not being ninja like and a post that was pretty much just saying female greninjas are sluts (for real) among other thinga but it was all still dumb for their own reasons rather than just regurgitated points
>>
>>26878384
Greninja is my favorite Pokemon
He's the best
>>
File: PXZ2-Strider.png (464 KB, 746x902) Image search: [Google]
PXZ2-Strider.png
464 KB, 746x902
>>26886396

Since when are fictional ninjas "ninja-like?" They've essentially been capeshit for decades. Greninja very clearly evokes the popular cultural notion of ninjas, and there is nothing wrong with that.

There is no rule stating how strongly a Pokemon has to lean in any of its directions. Perhaps it is more frog than ninja, or more Pokemon than either. Is Volcarona bad because it's not literally a sun?
>>
this is amazing to say the least...
how the fuck did you type all that to say the most
>>
File: image.png (206 KB, 600x270) Image search: [Google]
image.png
206 KB, 600x270
>>26885766
>My favorite philosopher is Hegel

This explains a lot.
>>
>>26878719
My favorite part of the rant is where OP says that Greninja would be executed by a real ninja village.
>>
I just read OP's entire rant, plus his last one.

Anyone want me to decipher anything?
>>
File: tumblr_inline_ndaovzMSWV1qfezyo.png (210 KB, 500x481) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_ndaovzMSWV1qfezyo.png
210 KB, 500x481
>>26885766
>female greninja hate thread
DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT YOU!!!!
>>
So this is the power of autism.

I respect you, but you deserve to die for it.
>>
Greninja is fucking dumb and I hate it.
>>
>>26886396
>saying female greninjas are sluts (for real)
What post?
>>
I hate Greninja because of synchro, shilling and it's fanbase

But OP, that was some turbo autism.

Post more
>>
>>26888108
I want to kill greninja
>>
I'M SO GLAD I FUCKING WITNESSED THIS.

I'M PEEING MY PANTS LAUGHING SO HARD WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON.
>>
>>26885766
>I might consider writing another essay solely on why Greninja would be an undesirable mate, whether as companion or lover, male or female.

Please do, OP. I dare you to try and change my mind about wanting to fuck that frog.
>>
This is pathetic.
OP needs a psychologist.
>>
Op, what is your favorite Pokemon?
>>
>>26878384
HOLY SHIT I JUST WOKE UP IS THERE A SCREENCAP YET
>>
File: themtabs.png (223 KB, 1462x754) Image search: [Google]
themtabs.png
223 KB, 1462x754
>>26888389
>>26887893
>>26885766

OP here, I will be working on it in my free time.

However, I'll need to be away for about 10-14 days. Plus, if I feel that the theme doesn't deserve its length or time, I will postpone it or work on something else not related to /vp/, or perhaps merge it with another topic. The only reason I do this either when I feel a passion for it via writing, meditating, researching, etc. or because I have little else to do.
>>
>>26888474
Hi OP. Next time, make it a little less obvious.
>>
>>26888488
Think you can write something like that about The Bee Movie?
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 320x405) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 320x405
holy fucking frog shit I need to lie down
>>
File: 1466193124911.jpg (80 KB, 599x600) Image search: [Google]
1466193124911.jpg
80 KB, 599x600
>OP actually getting praise for his overly verbose rambling.
>>
File: Notme.png (73 KB, 1366x561) Image search: [Google]
Notme.png
73 KB, 1366x561
>>26888513
Sorry, mate.

The (You) in my screencap is >>26885766
>>
File: Yeah, that hits the spot.png (20 KB, 111x93) Image search: [Google]
Yeah, that hits the spot.png
20 KB, 111x93
>>26885766
First off, I want you to imagine asking each of the people you rattled off, that you're working on a critique, and you elaborate that on the subject matter of this critique, do you honestly think any of them would fine "On the Analysis and Flaws of a Character from a Child's Franchises"? I honestly doubt that they would care.

>It's like you people somehow think I am psychotically obsessed with Greninja
Yeah, but here's the thing, you've provided ample evidence of this in this and the last thread, but absolutely no evidence that you have a life outside of hating Greninja.

The fucker above's math says you spent a bare minimum of one day on this... heaven forbid you (more realistically) spent a week or more of your life on this. You poured effort and energy into this that you could have poured into any other subject, and you pick apart a blue ninja frog from a for profit franchise.

Let me ask you this, if you were to take your thoughts on the subject, do the editing it takes, and submit it to a journal of philosophy who has a reputation for actually examining and publishing worthwhile content, do you think they would publish it?
>>
>>26888535
It's probably more his dedication and persistence.
He just keeps typing fast as fuck using big ass words and using facts to back up an opinion
You keep being you, OP.
Keep doing you.
>>
>>26888561
A self motivated man, aren't you? That explains how can spend so much time on this drivel.
>>
File: Sorry again.png (77 KB, 1359x457) Image search: [Google]
Sorry again.png
77 KB, 1359x457
>>26888600
I'm sorry.

>>26885766
>>
>>26888600
But I'm not OP, I'm just a mobile poster.
Not literally every person typing more than one sentence in support of OP is OP.
>>
File: 1464297194128.gif (3 MB, 640x266) Image search: [Google]
1464297194128.gif
3 MB, 640x266
>>26888615
>>26888616
>Dual-posting from your phone and pc
lol nice try
>>
>>26888633
Don't you have someone you need to go call a cuck?
>>
>>26888469
Op? Hello?
It's Greninja, isn't it?
>>
File: 1461466116057.jpg (95 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1461466116057.jpg
95 KB, 960x720
>>26888648
Of course. That would be (you)
>>
File: 1466794069682.jpg (145 KB, 680x962) Image search: [Google]
1466794069682.jpg
145 KB, 680x962
Holy fucking shit im so high and this thread is like reading a bible.
>>
>>26888633
>>26888554
I will acknowledge these the next time I make a thread.

They are interesting to consider and are something I would like to write about in a Prelude.

Also, before I go to bed, I ask all of you to please remain on thread topic. I enjoy the criticism and the challenges to my writing and character, but I would much prefer the first thread theme.

Good night.
>>
>>26888861
Basically, why I write these and also my response to those who consider me vain or narcissistic for doing so, to the point that I would try to samefag my own opinion.

As if I need the support of an entire board or even a portion of it, by trying to sway those anons with weaker wills and with weaker foundations in knowledge or understanding who depend on majority or vocal opinion to "convince" them to my side, in order to feel good about myself. Only a slave who is confused about his ability would have that mindset. One who tried to form his own order, despite his instinctual need of the order of someone else.

But that's all for another time.
>>
>>26882639
If you looked at them, OP, he's actually working through basic philosophical ideas/arguments using Greninja as an engine. Doesn't mean jackshit if we read them or not, this is more a mental exercise for the poster to practice contextualizing the works he's been reading. For instance, imagine studying for a science test by practicing calling Pokemon by the scientific names of the species they're based on. Pretty productive if you ask me, plus he gets to work on flow and basic rhetoric. I mean, what the fuck did you do today, shitpost on /vp/?
>>
OP are you going to write your dissertation on Greninja?
>>
File: image.jpg (87 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87 KB, 1280x720
I'm a Chesnaughtfag, but I've recognised Greninja's brilliance since the day it got leaked.
>>
>>26888660
>well-written
I keep seeing you retards saying this in the thread. OP's rant is not well-written. Blatantly incomplete sentences abound--it seems like he kept getting lost in his own sea of adjectives and then forget to add the rest of the parts of speech. Just because he can use a thesaurus and write something nigh-incomprehensible, you shouldn't automatically assume that he's smarter or a better writer than you.
>>
>>26888561
What? He isn't backing his posts with facts. They're the same opinions posted about Greninja's design a million times already intermingled with philosophical drivel about how a warrior or ninja should be portrayed in contrast to Greninja's varied personality. I read this legitimately to maybe learn something new and there was nothing of value, just the same information and meaningless new information veiled behind verbosity. I find it funny, but it's a chore to read and there's nothing of real value there for the effort, at least in the first one. I didn't bother to read this one.
>>26888091
The one in that compilation imagrbabove with the file name starting with 11 on the left side, around 19 paragraphs down, ends a paragraph that boils down to people sticking breasts on a clearly masculine chest, it not having child bearing hips, and ending with him saying it's a slut.
>>
File: 1438353845437.jpg (7 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
1438353845437.jpg
7 KB, 250x241
is there a Greninja pepe out there?
>>
File: Clxzc7lWMAAAXoo.jpg (188 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
Clxzc7lWMAAAXoo.jpg
188 KB, 1000x667
Ok OP, i wanted to ignore you because i've dealt with people with Asperger's and you CLEARLY have a severe case of it, but seeing as you've successfully managed to actually manipulate people using devices that i've used to huge success in this board before with the advantages that being anonymous offers, i simply wanted to make something very clear and blunt:

You are a Gigantic Faggot.

If you're a bit like me, you would not be particularly afflicted by mere words, but I mean it in the purest, truest way that it can be said given the evidence that 20,000 words have shown:

You are seriously the most insufferable, cock-loving faggot i have ever seen.

It is necessary for you to realize this in order to fully reinvigorate your focus and drive in a proper way instead of wasting such valuable time meddling on affairs as petty and futile as those associated with this board.

For one, this wholesomely waxed drivel of a thesis is the biggest case of beating a dead horse that i've ever seen. This futile analysis can be replicated with EVERY SINGLE pokemon that has ever been released, because they all value demographic accessibility over artistic integrity, resulting in a diluted, sterile result spread thoroughly. The sheer amount of time invested in something so puerile (which you spelled wrong, btw) is blatantly unnecessary, and it pains me to say this but i was in a similar position some time ago, which is why i browse /vp/ thrice a month at the most.

Pretending there is some validity to your statement pigeonholes you to a position in which it must be admitted that bias plays a major part of the rationalization, making the entire argument have the same weight as an average joe defending his choice for reasons not even he understands.

2000 characters are not enough to thoroughly explain this important point:

Don't make the same mistake i did. If you have vast comprehension of topics don't waste your time on petty drivel and get to actual work. You might die tomorrow.
>>
Did you guys know this is coming from a known Chesnaughtfag from Serebii?
>>
>JustinRPG with good vocabulary

[CANT WAKE UP]
>>
File: 1459843894921.jpg (664 KB, 1250x1734) Image search: [Google]
1459843894921.jpg
664 KB, 1250x1734
>>
>>26888486

>>26880345
>>
>>26884001
fucking weeaboos, I swear
>>
File: lek.jpg (44 KB, 371x332) Image search: [Google]
lek.jpg
44 KB, 371x332
>>26888488
>Those tabs on the bottom
>>
It'd be cool if not his tongue.
He Is disgusting.
>>
File: 39234565.jpg (363 KB, 500x875) Image search: [Google]
39234565.jpg
363 KB, 500x875
>>
>>26891654
holy shit

that japanese tab is this link http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=477256
>>
>>26880345
>Giving OP what he wants
Just stop
>>
>>26885766
Oh shit so probably a Philosophy, Literature, or Liberal Arts major, huh?
Just as I'd expect, it's someone who's used to wasting their time doing this.
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 815x608) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 815x608
>>26878384
Some of your points I see, but how do they apply to Greninja whatsoever than just by associating something with it without regard to any other factor of the Pokemon?
>>
>>26878384
Christ
>>
File: I write like.png (12 KB, 434x194) Image search: [Google]
I write like.png
12 KB, 434x194
>>26878810
LOL
>>
What the fuck happened in this thread
>>
File: JUST.png (14 KB, 446x224) Image search: [Google]
JUST.png
14 KB, 446x224
>>26892770

I analyzed >>26878523 and got pic related.

OP's rant is clearly a postmodern 2deep4vp masterpiece
>>
File: Iwanttobelieve.png (87 KB, 1334x417) Image search: [Google]
Iwanttobelieve.png
87 KB, 1334x417
>>26878746
I just analyzed pic related into the website and got Davis Foster Wallace as well.

Is >>26878746 confirmed?
>>
>>26878384
tl;dr
>>
>>26894614
Funny.
>>
Can somebody put this into a pastebin?

I want to spam things with it.
>>
>>26878384
I don't like greninja ether, but fuck, dude

This is beyond advanced autism
>>
what the fuck is this and why is it everlasting
>>
>>26895942
Just let it happen.
>>
Probably what baffles me the most is that OP takes the liberty to ask for pictures of Greninja being tortured and humilliated because he/she hates it so much. This pointless antagonization may be more likely to make people like Greninja more.
>>
File: 1462072154660.jpg (106 KB, 1024x813) Image search: [Google]
1462072154660.jpg
106 KB, 1024x813
>>26897861
No anon, he said tolerate.

Clearly ask and tolerate are two very different things, and I'm very certain OP was aware and conscious of the difference when he made the thread.

As he said, he's not vulgar in his hatred. He's intellectual. I'm sure we can take his word for it.
>>
didn't read but i kinda feel like jacking off to some greninja porn now.

eh, maybe in the morning. i hate this place.
>>
File: 1462084378523.jpg (25 KB, 400x266) Image search: [Google]
1462084378523.jpg
25 KB, 400x266
>>26878384
If anti-frogfag was a Pokemon, what would its stats be?
>>
>>26898237
See you tomorrow.
>>
File: 1436654817093.jpg (60 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1436654817093.jpg
60 KB, 499x499
>>26889380
>>
File: I tried.jpg (474 KB, 1519x892) Image search: [Google]
I tried.jpg
474 KB, 1519x892
>>26878384
I know a lot of people here don't like you, but I think at least you are speaking out.

Here, have some fanart.
>>
File: kekles.jpg (61 KB, 600x582) Image search: [Google]
kekles.jpg
61 KB, 600x582
>>26899525
>>
File: fuck your jeep.png (1 MB, 683x623) Image search: [Google]
fuck your jeep.png
1 MB, 683x623
>>26899525
Bless your soul mate, Bless you soul.
>>
File: lux0382.png (52 KB, 290x283) Image search: [Google]
lux0382.png
52 KB, 290x283
>>26878384
I'm sorry, I literally cannot stop laughing at this.
>>
>>26899525
>That Harpsichord
>>
>>26899525
saved
>>
>>26899525
>Dismembering Greninja with an autism logo

Brutal.
>>
what the fuck is this
WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 423x348) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 423x348
>>
golden
>>
>>26878384
So this is a thing now, I suppose?
>>
>>26900203
The power of love
>>
Is this a summer thing?
>>
Good thread op
>>
File: 1466746607959.jpg (350 KB, 670x886) Image search: [Google]
1466746607959.jpg
350 KB, 670x886
>>26888488
>looks at tabs
I didn't know you like stuff like these...
Not judging you
>>
>>26904150
Leafeon is for cute
CUTE
Not lewd :<
>>
File: image.png (11 KB, 211x246) Image search: [Google]
image.png
11 KB, 211x246
>>
>>26881876
>worse and then useless?
>>
>>26878384

anon you are going to die one day, and this is what you worry about?
>>
FUCK OFF MAX
>>
Too much purple prose, not enough actual substance.
>>
Is this going to be like a readers digest a la Dickens or Dostoyevsky?
>>
>>26898478
>>26899525
Personally, I prefer Greninjautist or Gekkougautist as a name.
>>
Have a great day, OP
>>
Is this shit really still up?
>>
>>26899525
Saved.
Thread replies: 229
Thread images: 114

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.