[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I haven't played a pokemon game since emerald. should i
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: chris everett.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
chris everett.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
I haven't played a pokemon game since emerald.

should i get sun and moon? im 22 and outgrew my ultra competitive MOBA shit phase in college and want a nice game to relax to now that im working full time

basically, for someone who stopped playing pokemon because i felt that i had done it all and there wasn't that much depth, would i likely be interested in what all the newer generations added?

i also have no interest in playing anything other than the most recent and im okay with waiting for sun and moon since i heard ORAS was a flop.
>>
>>26785721
I wouldn't count on SM at the moment. If it seems good and peaks your interest when it comes out, then grab it.

But as of right now, your best bet is to play what we already have.

I'd recommend playing Black or White and then Black 2 or White 2 for someone who wants to get back into the franchise with the feeling of a fresh start. Either do this, or pick up where you left off and play through all the Gens.

Pretty much anything from Gen 3 through 5 will please you, most likely. Just don't let the contrarian shitters around here tell you what your opinion should be.

>i also have no interest in playing anything other than the most recent
Horrible perspective. The most recent is not the best. Again, most with brains would recommend you BW and BW2.
>>
>>26785769
>Horrible perspective. The most recent is not the best.

Yeah, I just guess my thought process was that I don't want to get really invested in an older game for 2 reasons

>i will be burned out of pokemon forever and will miss out on a potentially great gen with sun and moon
>all of my progress will be for naught since i have no friends and no way to trade my pokemon to sun and moon.

and im not sure i would even want to trade my pokemon to sun and moon to be honest. it would feel like cheating if i had a PC box full of level 70's and 80's and took them out and ran through the new region with them.
>>
>>26785781
>i will be burned out of pokemon forever and will miss out on a potentially great gen with sun and moon
No you won't. Each Gen has a completely new plethora of Pokemon, characters, and lore. Playing one Gen in the time until SM won't burn you out.

>all of my progress will be for naught since i have no friends and no way to trade my pokemon to sun and moon.
Pokemon Bank exists so you can transfer your Pokemon from BWBW2 to XYORAS from there to SM. At the moment, pretty much every Pokemon from Gen 1, Gen 3, 4, 5, and 6 will be able to be sent to SM. And having no friends to trade with isn't an issue anymore. Just transfer your own mons between games using Bank or Transfer something.

>it would feel like cheating if i had a PC box full of level 70's and 80's and took them out and ran through the new region with them.
Gym Badges have always prevented this. You need a certain amount of gym badges for Pokemon above a certain level to obey you. They've had this sorted out since day one.
>>
>>26785781
>>all of my progress will be for naught since i have no friends and no way to trade my pokemon to sun and moon.
If you play BW you can transfer them, though.
Pokebank.
>>
>>26785721
>I haven't played since emerald
So you didn't catch em all?
>>
>>26785812
i did everything i could without access to the special event pokemon and anything requiring a link cable.
>>
>>26785811
>>26785801
that actually sounds pretty neat

from what i've read and researched, i think i woudl like BW2 the most, although the only downside in my opinion is that it has plenty of past gen pokemon in the main game, whereas apparently BW1 only had the new pokemon for the main game. I feel like I would have preferred to see only new ones but I might just deal with it and play BW2
>>
File: MODS HELP.png (1 MB, 1300x792) Image search: [Google]
MODS HELP.png
1 MB, 1300x792
>>26785821
MOOOOOOOOOO0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODS!
>>
>>26785838
autism
>>
>>26785831
Play BW then BW2, it makes for one whole experience storywise and gameplaywise. You'll get to start with completely new Pokemon and become involved in the Region itself, and then by the post game and then the sequels you can access a whole new story, new features, and the older Pokemon.

Skipping over BW1 is what I did and I consider it a mistake. It ruined BW1 for me, which is saying a lot because even despite that I still think they're incredible Pokemon games.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.