[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Playing through Soul Silver for the first time, anything I should
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
Playing through Soul Silver for the first time, anything I should know? Posting this mainly because I heard bad things about the level curve and don't want to end up challenging the Elite Four with Pokemon in their mid-30s or something like that.
>>
Depends on your starter.
>Chikorita
Hard mode, also the patrician's choice. Anyone who rolls with Chikorita knows what they're doing and shouldn't be fucked with. Steamrolled Whitney.
>Totadile
Normal mode. Decent tastes, had an okay time with Whitney
>Cyndaquil
Easy mode. Used Ember on everything and probably only leveled their starter. Got stomped by Whitney because she's casual filter.

Anyway OP, if you're having leveling problems, just go to Route 47. Have fun and headbutt trees to get rare Pokemon.
>>
>>26775326
Totadile is the easiest starter for HGSS because of the physical split, and if you have trouble with Whitney you're probably retarded since you could just trade for the Machamp or catch a Nidoran right next to the gym
>>
I've been trying to get a working rom of HGSS for years now, with no luck. I even tried the gameshark codes for desmume, still not working.
>>
>>26775701
I was having the same problem for a while, but Drayano's hacks (Sacred Gold/Storm Silver) seem to work fine if you don't mind the minor changes/difficulty increase.
>>
>>26775293
Get Sacred Gold or Storm Silver (depending on your preference in storyline, Lugia vs Ho-Oh first). If you have a flashcart you can put the game onto that and play it on your 3DS/ DSi/ DS, depending on what type of cart you have. Flashcarts are 100% worth it. Definitely a must buy. I would recommend the R4i Gold 3DS, as it works on all DS models, including 3DS.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.