[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Things that irritate/anger you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 13
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 640x477) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 640x477
Feel free to vent.
>>
>>26766367
>Select Focus Blast
>It misses
>Their Focus Blast hits, crits, and procs.

Literally why is Focus Blast 70% accuracy? It's not like anyone who learns it also learns Aura Sphere, so it isn't a Rock Slide v Stone Edge thing.

And, on that note, why the fuck do so many moves have random 90% accuracy? Would Aqua Tail really be overpowered at 100% accuracy? What about Toxic, or WoW, or Head Smash?

Just make everything with 70% or more accuracy 100% accurate. There would be literally no downside, except that Fire Blast and Hydro Pump would replace all instances of Flamethrower and Surf. Oh wait, they already do.
>>
People who use trips when they aren't needed.
It's just dumb. There's literally no reason for someone to tripfag in a random thread. They're just special snowflake redditors who want to be noticed.
>>
Rock has no reliable strong moves.

Fuck stone edge, I dont eant to crit, I just wanna hit my target.
>>
>>26766458
This. Tripfags are cancer, and they know it.
>>
>Every mainline game follows the same quest in the form if getting badges etc
>Mystery Dungeon won't let you to switch out your starter and partner until postgame
>failing a dungeon because a certain party member fainted, even though you have three healtht members on your team

>>26766554
In other news, water is wet.
>>
>>26766458
Hey.

Fuck you buddy
>>
I hate Pokemon "saying their names". Like in the anime, some spinoffs, smash, etc
Nothing's stupider than seeing some gnar-ass beast show up and spout it's multi-syllable fucking name like a retard.

It's the stupidest fucking shit. Why can't they just use the noises they make from the main (canon) games?
>>
>>26766698
mewtist
>>26766367
mewtist
>>
>>26766698
And also how the normies make memes out of it.
>hurr did the pokeymanz get their names from their cries or do they say their names because they named them like that
>>26766458
I have to thank a certain anon for calling me out on that. I won't do it anymore, only when it is needed.
>>
>>26766698
Oh my god, this

I literally makes me cringe whenever I hear the anime mons spouting their names
>>
>>26766458
This, but I feel weird about it. The attention whoring is stupid and annoying obviously, but its good to be able to instantly spot the idiot you should ignore. It also gets me to thinking how sad someones life must be for them to want to become "known" on a pokemon image board.
>>
>>26766698

Ypu'd rather have Jigglypuff just wailing and grunting than adorably saying "Jigglypuff" all the time? "Saying their names" is dumb on many levels, put for Pokemon that yammer on and on in a humanish-way, i'd rather have them say their name than mumble and growl.
>>
>>26766873
It's okay for some pokemon, but when they have complex names like Mr. Mime, it makes no sense.
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 260x229) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 260x229
>There are only FOURTEEN (14) Steel Type Moves
>Only THREE (3) of them are Special
>>
>>26766367
>mon you want to catch can only be found in one area, only a 5% chance of even showing up
>hours wasted trying to find the little fuck, only finding mons you've already caught/don't want to catch
>>
>>26767045
Gen 2 was the worst offender with this.
>>
>>26767045
>tfw finding a modest ralts after 5 minutes
>tfw finding a chimeco between using repels
in emerald
>>
I want a decent physical and special variants of each type. We have viable physical and special for every type but Ghost, Electric, and Fighting.

No electric Pokemon has reckless, Zebstrika and Electrivire rely on reading a twave/volt switch to increase their speed. Eelektross is the only one that has a decent boosting move (Coil), but it can't get Bolt Strike or Fusion Bolt, so it has to take recoil and hits from anything with greater than like 50 speed. The best physical electric mon is fucking Pikachu with a light ball. The second best is a fucking Dragon/Ice Ubers reject. In Ubers, Zekrom is shit.

For Ghost, it's a move problem. There's a 120 BP move but it takes two turns. Golurk's Shadow punch, with Iron Fist, is 72 BP. Banette is a meme.

There's also no real SpA-based fighter. Lucario, Infernape, and Blaziken all have much better physical fighting moves. The only way it would be viable as of right now would be one of them to get No Guard FB or Technician to abuse Vacuum Wave.
>>
I don't know what the hell is going on here but it's just non stop bitching about everything. Gen 7 in still in fucking development and already people are complaining about the attack menu/poke effect thing. Fuckers don't use it if you don't like it.

And if all you do is bitch about pokemon why the fuck are you here
>>
Richard
>>
>>26767045
Thats what dexnav is for you nig-nog
>>
>>26766873
Just because I don't want them to say their name doesn't mean I want them to growl, for pokemon like jigglypuff they can make some cutesy noise
>>
>>26767045
One of my best/worst memories of Pokemon was trying to catch Scyther in the Fuschia Safari Zone in red. And fire red too.

It fucking sucked trying to catch him but once I did I felt so accomplished
>>
>>26767190

So you want Squirtle going "wuh wuh wi wi wu yama lama ding dong" instead of "Squirtle Squirtle"?
>>
>>26767244
Stop being dense.
>>
>>26767301

No, I'm serious. They'd have to come up with gibberish syllables for every last non-grunting Pokemon. Let's take Gothita. Instead of saying "Gothita, Gothita!" it either just whines like an infant, blabbers with randomly chosen syllables like a toddler or anime vidya mascot character, or just kind of hums with the cadences of speech. "Saying their name" is really a much better option, if not more convenient.
>>
>>26766458
Like this?
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 349x642) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 349x642
>>26767244
This is an example of why abortions are a thing
>>
Unovabortions. They bash every other gen besides gen 5, yet claim hoennbabies and sinnohfetuses ruin this board. I've been browsing /vp/ since 2012 and have never seen hoenn fans starting shit. It's always unovabortions. They ruin this board.
>>
>>26767437
maybe at one point you would learn to stop going into those types of threads.
maybe in 2026 you will learn self control...
>>
>>26767448
Kinda hard when they invade completely unrelated threads with their UNOVA IS DA BEST bullshit.
>>
>>26766741

Not sure what that means, I just hate things that suck and pokemon saying their names fucking sucks

>>26766873

I'd rather it makes the sound it makes in the game, which is hardly a "grunt"

Pikachu is the only pokemon this is acceptable for. It's kind of his "thing" and that's ok.
>>
>>26767386

Wha the

Do you even play the games? They all have noises. Cries, sounds they make that are specific to their species.

in Pokemon-Amie, they use their cry and variations of that sound.

It's what the other forms of media should do.

that is more convenient.
>>
>>26767437
If you've only ever seen Unovabortions starting shit you clearly don't browse the board much. Hell I'm on this board all the time and rarely see people shitting on gens 3 and 4. It's always people hating the gen 1 pandering, hating gen 2 for being small and keeping new mons as post game, hating gen 5 as a whole and hating gen 6 for being so casual. Gen 3 Hoenn and Sinnoh get praised a lot. A couple years ago they basically had cult followings that praised them like the next coming of Jesus.
>>
>>26767679
>Gen 3 Hoenn and Sinnoh get praised a lot
Umm what board are you talking about? If you even mention that you like gen 3 you get called a hoennbaby.
>>
>>26766367
PRANKSTER SWAGGER
FUCK THAT LUCK BULLSHIT
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>26766367
Last night was pretty good. It not happening more jiggles my puffs.
>>
>>26766367
> Specially offensive stats
> Physical move pool

And vice versa
>>
File: emoji.jpg (14 KB, 246x264) Image search: [Google]
emoji.jpg
14 KB, 246x264
>>26766367
Entitled man babies who want everything catered just for them.
>>
File: 1466112666649.png (4 KB, 240x160) Image search: [Google]
1466112666649.png
4 KB, 240x160
>>26766367

Fake Pokédex entries created by Internet trolls.
>>
>>26766367
Fairy type Pokemon. I hate them.
>>
>>26766436
I agree about stuff like aqua tail. you never see these awkward accuracies on mid BP special moves
>>
>>26768311
ok richard
>>
>>26766367
Wanna know what irritates me?
Courtney's "admiration" for Maxie. It's embarrassing to say this, but I hate it.
>>
>>26766367
When people try to force another wottergate or greninja/hawlucha denial so hard that they shitpost and spam shit that no one wants or likes.
>>
>>26768928

I strongly dislike that.

>:(
>>
File: qrscan.jpg (208 KB, 770x562) Image search: [Google]
qrscan.jpg
208 KB, 770x562
>>26766367
I'm pretty hype for SM so nothing really bothers me right now. If I think something might bother me I just ignore it. SM changed my life.
>>
File: your.jpg (34 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
your.jpg
34 KB, 400x300
>>26767162
>caring about the canon and lore in a game as shitty and inoffensive s BOCAMON
>>
>>26766698
Some I like, some I don't. It doesn't bother me as bad when the smaller, cuter ones do it, but every so often when a big one decides it isn't going to pull sounds from Godzilla, it definitely incites a cringe.
>>
People who keep using the word "literally".
>>
Rhyhorn and it's line are the only Ground/Rock types. Why not just make them Rock/Ground, jesus christ.
>>
File: oras [email protected] (633 KB, 469x835) Image search: [Google]
oras lati@s.png
633 KB, 469x835
>>26766367
>>
>>26769096
Literally this
>>
>>26769309
At least you can do it on the spot
>>
>>26769309
I don't get it, in X they let you send Xerneas directly to PC.
>>
>>26768960
It's just that those people don't care about the pokédex and find you absolutely irritating. Because you are. Posting about the lore in non-lore threads is off-topic, and most people don't give a shit about what's in the pokédex anyway. So they try to annoy you so that you'll get the fuck outta here.
>>
File: 0ljZO7pp.jpg (18 KB, 361x361) Image search: [Google]
0ljZO7pp.jpg
18 KB, 361x361
>>26766367
IVs now and forever.
>>
>>26770851
iirc after catching Latios there's a cutscene where you soar on it?
>>
>>26770981
Git gud
>>
>>26770851
If I had to take a guess, it's because of Lucario.

XY had that big scene in Lucario Tower where you had to Megaevolve that Lucario and they told you how much of a bond you made with said Lucario, and they asked you if you want to take it. Then they gave you the option to anticlimactically say no.

That so many people did it probably triggered Game Freak so much they made any story gifts in ORAS mandatory, and shoved it on your party against your will just to drive it home and try to get you to use it.

If they made Z and it was a regular third version with the same plot as XY instead of a sequel, I would bet money they'd remove the option to reject Lucario, and shove it on your party the same way they did Lati@s and Rayquaza.
>>
>>26766436
>Thunder, Blizzard, and Hurricane now have 100% accuracy
>>
>>26770996
Nah Steven uses the other one like in the demo
>>
>>26770996
Nope, they hand you out a free Lati@s. I guess it's alright since they're not normally obtained...
>>
>Spikes on the ground don't hit Pokemon in the air
>Rocks in the air hit Pokemon on the ground
>>
>>26771087
Wait I'm retarded
>>
I don't like it being called S/M nor SuMo. Its short enough to call it sun/moon
>>
>Aegislash mind games with King's Shield
Fuck that gay shit
>>
>>26768955
THIS. Wottergate was a unique event and people try to force it everytime
>>
>>26771175
Fair enough

>>26771081
Huh...Never thought of that.
>>
File: samefag.png (827 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
samefag.png
827 KB, 1280x1280
>>26766367
People that use Landorus-T. Literally one of the most annoying Pokemon ever.
>>
File: pop this fucker.png (54 KB, 380x557) Image search: [Google]
pop this fucker.png
54 KB, 380x557
>>26771329
any metamon in general, holy shit
>>
>>26769322
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>Platinum
>Sinoh Underground
>Depending on trainer ID, you can find either Skull or Armor Fossils
>Get randomly locked out of a fossil for no reason

Why couldn't they let us just be able to find both fossils? I get making them version exclusive in Diamond and Pearl, but whose stupid idea was this? And don't even get me started on Spiritomb.
>>
>>26766527
>Rock has no reliable strong moves

This so much

It hurts

>>26766691
(you)
>>
>>26766458
Yup. 100%. If they need the attention there's a whole other site they can use where user names are required.

Anyway, for me it's N. I can't fathom his popularity. The dude talks to Pokemon. Any thread where someone would post an oc who does that would get mocked into oblivion. He's unoriginal, bland, and incredibly forced. I wanted to say all of team plasma sucked but BW2 made the team great. N, on the other hand, didn't get any better.
>>
sun and moon
>>
>>26766458
:^)
>>
Lumiose City
>>
File: gym_lumiose_anime_XY018%20(63).png (291 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
gym_lumiose_anime_XY018%20(63).png
291 KB, 800x450
Okay.

How about the fact that there is no kind of contest shit in Kalos, yet in the anime they have still invented some kind of bullshit girly side-contest-quest for Serena to compete in instead of letting her just be a fucking pokemon trainer.

Just because you're a fucking girl doesn't mean you can't go after the badges.

I wanted to see her be a rival to Ash.

It sucks because Serena is actually an awesome character otherwise, and X and Y is the first time I have genuinely enjoyed the anime since probably Master Quest.

Fuck.

Also I'm pissed that they stopped Pokémon Chronicles. It was a cool fucking thing to see what some of Ash's past companions were up to, and they need to bring it back. Some of us grew up and fucking loved Brock and Misty, they are fucking iconic, and pokemon chronicles was a way for us to see them every now and then. Also Botch and Cassidy were actually funny. Also it had the Raikou miniseries which was badass.

Additionally, I'm upset at Clemont's ridiculous looking underpants. Fucking why.
>>
>>26766676
Why are you complaining about not being able to switch out your starter and partner in mystery dungeon until post game?
>>
>>26770905

These People are not real Pokémon fans.
>>
When a guy says I'm easy. Like I like to fun too. Why is it that when guys fuck a lot it's a good thing? Is fucking a challenge for you? Is that why you feel good? Well sorry that you feel challenged, but I wanna have sex too
>>
>>26768076
I find frog posters annoying
>>
>>26768026
>If you even mention that you like gen 3 you get called a hoennbaby.
The same can be said for all regions. There's always someone to call people out for saying they like a region. Do you not read the threads or do you only see what you want to see in them?
>>
The fact that there were no E4s in the PWT in BW2.
How?!
>>
>>26766367
>there are people on this board right now who think BW2 is better than BW1

BW1 may be my favourite Pokemon game, but BW2 is the only main series game I don't like. It doesn't feel polished in some aspects, to the point where it sometimes felt like a romhack. I hate how you're forced to do the movie thing (as opposed to 30 seconds explaining musicals in the first), I hate the stupid (even by Pokemon standards) plot, I hate the fucking roadblocks at seem to know how fucking stupid they are at points.

Venting done
>>
>>26773934
BW2 is a straight step up from its predecessors in absolutely every way imaginable
>>
File: 1465938955882.jpg (54 KB, 443x441) Image search: [Google]
1465938955882.jpg
54 KB, 443x441
>>26773168
>pokemon chronicles
Really. I miss this more than anything.
>>
>>26773983
>you're wrong but I'm not gonna say why
You sure showed him!
>>
>>26771436
Playing through platinum at the moment and the fossils thing made me rage. Also not being able to get the rotom forms because of some shitty event. Also being locked out of using based misdreavus.

You can get spiritomb easily though, just have two DS consoles and talk to each other in the underground 32 times.
>>
>>26775394
Wait, Rotom forms are locked too? Now I'm raging even more.

I tried using two DS consoles for Spiritomb back when the games were new, but that didn't work.
>>
>>26766698
You realize they've said their names in the main games too, right? someone made a copilation pic recently. We have been shown both growls/noises and their names so it's hard to tell which one is it. Personally I like to think of it as Pokémon being named after the sound they make.
>>
>>26773168
Pokémon Chronicles is based af.
>tfw no more Benis and Cassidy shenanigans
>>
>>26771436
>>26775394
>>26775683
Oh, and the Regis. Not being able to get them without the event Regigigas, and then not being able to get the ingame Regigigas without the ingame Regis that you can only get if you have the event Regiggas.

Platinum itself is one of my favorite games, but all this shit with events just makes me rage. So much shit I'm locked out of when replaying the game.
>>
>>26773238
You can enjoy pokémon for the battles, for the designs, for the universe. The lore does not apply to the universe since the only media doesn't respect it. The lore isn't canon. Only the media (aka the games, and maybe the anime) are.
Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.